- Americans riding public transit in record numbers Updated: Mar-09-14 11:39 pm
- Vietnam says cannot find object from missing jet Updated: Mar-09-14 11:33 pm
- Lack of passport checks expose air security flaw Updated: Mar-09-14 6:18 pm
- Yellowstone invites proposals for guided tours Updated: Mar-09-14 5:16 pm
- Obama returns to White House after Fla. vacation Updated: Mar-09-14 5:07 pm
- NY Gov. Cuomo participates in Adirondack sports Updated: Mar-09-14 4:47 pm
- Cuomo: NY to run ski bus service from NYC, Toronto Updated: Mar-09-14 4:37 pm
- Children's Museum of Memphis recognized nationally Updated: Mar-09-14 4:10 pm
- Comcast challenging Disney's hold on tourism trade Updated: Mar-09-14 3:57 pm
- Texas student missing from band trip found in Ind. Updated: Mar-09-14 3:26 pm
- Rock Hall inductions to be simulcast in Cleveland Updated: Mar-09-14 3:17 pm
- Neon Museum in Vegas hits targets in first year Updated: Mar-09-14 2:01 pm
- Fundraising effort unveiled for Billboard Museum Updated: Mar-09-14 12:55 pm
- Mexican border city hopes to lure spring breakers Updated: Mar-09-14 12:43 pm
- Plans moving forward for new Detroit-Canada bridge Updated: Mar-09-14 12:16 pm
- Gettysburg wax museum selling historical figures Updated: Mar-09-14 11:59 am
- Airline to offer 2 new nonstop flights Updated: Mar-09-14 11:48 am
- BWI is experiencing a boom in international travel Updated: Mar-09-14 11:40 am
- Park service report tracks impact of Trace Updated: Mar-09-14 11:34 am
- Another craft brewery is coming to Ocean City Updated: Mar-09-14 11:23 am
- Study recommends Green River dam removal Updated: Mar-09-14 10:19 am
- Behind jet's passenger list is rich human tapestry Updated: Mar-09-14 9:47 am
- Custom car tour coming to Charleston Updated: Mar-09-14 9:43 am
- Cleveland's natural history museum plans face-lift Updated: Mar-09-14 9:32 am
- NW Georgia town eyes drone to film celebration Updated: Mar-09-14 9:11 am
LOS ANGELES - Americans are boarding public buses, trains and subways in greater numbers than any time since the suburbs began booming.
KUALA LUMPUR, Malaysia - Vietnamese searchers on ships worked throughout the night but could not find a rectangle object spotted Sunday afternoon that was thought to be one of the doors of a Malaysia Airlines passenger jet that went missing more than two days ago.
PARIS - When you travel, airport security agents may pat you down, inspect your deodorant and scan your body from head to toe. But there's a good chance that no one's checking whether you're using someone's lost or stolen passport.
YELLOWSTONE NATIONAL PARK, Wyoming - The National Park Service is asking for proposals from businesses that are interested in providing guided interpretive vehicle snow tours and maintaining a skiers' camp in Yellowstone National Park.
WASHINGTON - President Barack Obama has returned to Washington after a family vacation in southern Florida.
LAKE PLACID, New York - Gov. Andrew Cuomo took a spin on a snowmobile as he and other state and local officials gathered in Lake Placid for the Adirondack Winter Challenge, an event to highlight tourism and winter activities in the region.
LAKE PLACID, New York - New York state is getting into the tour bus business, with plans to launch bus service from New York City to 13 upstate ski areas and from Toronto to six others.
MEMPHIS, Tennessee - The Children's Museum of Memphis is being recognized nationally.
PHILADELPHIA - Comcast Corp. will invest hundreds of millions of dollars in California and Florida theme parks, stepping outside its core business of telecommunications in an effort to boost revenue and profits.
INDIANAPOLIS - A 15-year-old Texas boy who disappeared from the Butler University campus in Indianapolis during a school-sponsored band trip has been reunited with his mother after a passerby spotted him walking along a highway about 20 miles away, police said.
CLEVELAND - This year's Rock and Roll Hall of Fame induction ceremony will take place in New York while being simulcast on screens at the museum in Cleveland.
LAS VEGAS - The Neon Museum in Las Vegas stayed in the black and hit its attendance projections almost perfectly in its first full year of operations, drawing more than 60,000 visitors into the outdoor space full of retired casino signs.
OKLAHOMA CITY - After decades of attempts to preserve portions of the old Mother Road, U.S. Route 66, comes an effort to preserve landmarks from the landscape: vintage advertising that touted everything from long-gone motels to car dealers to shaving cream.
MATAMOROS, Mexico - The sidewalks are empty on Alvaro Obregon Avenue. Restaurants and souvenir shops lining the once popular thoroughfare are gutted and shuttered. The sign in front of an abandoned karaoke bar is now ripped and dilapidated, riddled underneath with three spray-painted tombstones.
DETROIT - The omission in the federal budget for funding specifically for a border inspection plaza in Michigan is not expected to delay efforts to build a commuter bridge connecting Detroit with Canada, state officials say.
GETTYSBURG, Pennsylvania - A life-sized animatronic Abe Lincoln is among the historical figures and tableau scenes from a Gettysburg wax museum set to hit the auction block just months after the town celebrated the 150th anniversary of his "Gettysburg Address."
HEBRON, Kentucky - Las Vegas-based Allegiant Air will start nonstop service from the Cincinnati/Northern Kentucky International Airport to two locations in South Carolina and Florida in May.
LINTHICUM, Maryland - Although most of the international air travel in the Washington region flows through Washington Dulles International Airport, Baltimore-Washington International Thurgood Marshall Airport is gaining in the market.
TUPELO, Mississippi - Visitors on the Natchez Trace Parkway spent nearly $126 million in 2012, supporting more than 1,550 jobs, a new National Park Service report shows.
OCEAN CITY, Maryland - Another craft brewery is coming to Ocean City, this time at the site of a former hardware store and lumber yard.
BROWNSVILLE, Kentucky - The U.S. Army Corps of Engineers has proposed removing a dam on the Green River near Mammoth Cave National Park.
BANGKOK - Numbered 1 to 227, the passenger manifest for the missing Malaysia Airlines jet is an outwardly unremarkable document.
CHARLESTON, West Virginia - Car lovers and gearheads can mark June 9 on their calendars. That day, Charleston will host this year's Hot Rod Power Tour - an annual mega-road trip that covers seven U.S. cities over the course of seven days.
CLEVELAND - The Cleveland Museum of Natural History is moving toward a major renovation project.
RINGGOLD, Georgia - Tourism officials in the northwest Georgia town of Ringgold are exploring the idea of launching a drone to film festivities at the upcoming 1890s Day Jamboree.