- Paddling Maine's Kennebec River on Benedict Arnold's trail Updated: May-05-15 9:59 am
AUGUSTA, Maine - Benedict Arnold and his men should have had it so good when their 1,100-member expedition ventured into the forbidding upper reaches of Maine's Kennebec River in 1775.
- Ore. hiker found dead under Washington state waterfall Updated: May-04-15 9:22 pm
VANCOUVER, Washington - Authorities say the body of a Portland, Oregon, hiker has been found at the bottom of a waterfall in north Skamania County, Washington.
- Extreme kayaker visits Southern Oregon hometown Updated: Apr-28-15 4:28 pm
GRANTS PASS, Oregon - Extreme kayaker Chris Korbulic rips off his destinations in the last two years - Russia, New Guinea, Patagonia, Norway, Nepal, Labrador - like running down a grocery list.
- Serenity Now: Hard-earned peace on Arizona canyon hike Updated: Apr-28-15 1:47 pm
SUPAI, Arizona - Framed by pitch-black canyon walls rising monumentally on either side of the rushing, rain-swollen Havasu Creek, the night sky burst with snow-white stars and Milky Way swirls.
- Waterfall Canyon hiker sustains serious injuries after fall Updated: Apr-27-15 9:43 am
OGDEN, Utah - A hiker from Duluth, Minnesota was flown out of Waterfall Canyon Sunday afternoon after falling about 40 feet while climbing the rocks with a co-worker.
- Rescuer on a mission to recover missing kayaker drowns Updated: Apr-27-15 3:49 am
GADSDEN, Alabama - A rescuer on mission to recover a missing kayaker from an Alabama creek has drowned along with the kayaker.
- Germany's Black Forest: Dark woods and mushrooms Updated: Apr-21-15 2:33 pm
ENZKLOSTERLE, Germany - The Black Forest gets its name from a canopy of trees so dense that the woods seem dark, pierced only by shafts of sunlight. Mushrooms sprout across the damp forest floor. Red squirrels scamper up the towering trees; streams tumble over rocks.
- Body of man who fell over Pennsylvania waterfall recovered Updated: Apr-17-15 9:34 am
OHIOPYLE, Pennsylvania - The body of a man who fell into a western Pennsylvania river and over a waterfall while posing for a picture has been found about five miles downstream.
- Teen dies after jumping over waterfall in LA-area mountains Updated: Apr-08-15 7:05 pm
ARCADIA, California - Los Angeles County authorities say an 18-year-old man has died after jumping from the top of a waterfall into a pond in the San Gabriel Mountains.