- State report says Ohio liquor sales top $1B for first time Updated: Jan-28-16 4:16 am
REYNOLDSBURG, Ohio - State officials say Ohio set a record for dollar sales of spirituous liquor last year, exceeding $1 billion for the first time.
- Judges prepare for first primary with ID law in place Updated: Jan-25-16 10:52 am
CONCORD, New Hampshire - New Hampshire designated two judges to hear voter and ballot challenges during the state's first-in-the-nation presidential primary on Feb. 9 - the first time the state's voter identification law takes effect.
- 19-yr-old Florida man, first time player wins, $2M Powerball Updated: Jan-16-16 11:54 am
Lottery officials say a 19-year-old central Florida man and first time lottery player used the numbers off someone else's unpurchased Powerball ticket to win $2 million.
- Cuba to attend security conference with US for first time Updated: Jan-12-16 1:55 pm
MIAMI - A delegation from Cuba will take part for the first time in an annual Caribbean regional security conference co-sponsored by the U.S. military's Southern Command, a senior official said Tuesday, portraying the participation as a significant step in the ongoing thaw between the long-hostile neighbors.
- First-ever federal rules for offshore fish farming issued Updated: Jan-11-16 8:53 pm
NEW ORLEANS - The first-ever federal regulations for large-scale fish farming in the ocean were issued Monday, opening a new frontier in the harvesting of popular seafood species such as red drum, tuna and red snapper.
- Applications to UC campuses surpass 200K for first time Updated: Jan-11-16 6:39 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - A record number of prospective undergraduates have applied to the University of California for the fall, the 12th consecutive year of increasing demand and the first time the number of applicants surpassed 200,000, the university reported Monday.