- Egypt summons British ambassador over Al-Jazeera comments Updated: Aug-30-15 3:36 pm
CAIRO - Egypt's Foreign Ministry summoned the British ambassador in Cairo on Sunday to protest comments he made after a judge sentenced three Al-Jazeera English journalists to three years prison each for reporting "false news."
- New ND law bolsters student journalists' free speech rights Updated: Aug-30-15 12:01 pm
Journalism students returning to North Dakota public schools this fall will be able to do their jobs at high school and college newspapers with stronger free-speech protections thanks to a new state law that observers are hoping will also spur changes nationwide.
- Katherine Boo to receive Lovejoy Award in Maine Updated: Aug-29-15 10:04 am
WATERVILLE, Maine - A former Washington Post reporter who won a Pulitzer Prize for exposing dire conditions in group homes for the mentally disabled will be this year's recipient of Lovejoy Award at Colby College.
- The Latest: Canada asks for release of Al-Jazeera defendant Updated: Aug-29-15 7:47 am
CAIRO - Here are the latest developments in Egypt's retrial of three Al-Jazeera English journalists (all times local):
- AP sues over access to FBI records involving fake news story Updated: Aug-27-15 7:44 pm
WASHINGTON - The Associated Press sued the U.S. Department of Justice Thursday over the FBI's failure to provide public records related to the creation of a fake news story used to plant surveillance software on a suspect's computer.
- Lawyer: Jailed Chinese journalist Gao Yu has heart problems Updated: Aug-06-15 4:02 am
BEIJING - Imprisoned Chinese journalist Gao Yu has been diagnosed with heart problems and a request for parole on medical grounds is pending, her lawyer said Thursday.
- AP's Myanmar journalist Aye Aye Win retires after 25 years Updated: Aug-01-15 2:59 am
BANGKOK - Aye Aye Win, The Associated Press chief of bureau in Myanmar who told her country's story to the world despite threats, surveillance and official warnings, retired Saturday after 25 years with the news agency.