- Army, Air Guard offer simulators to NY State Fair visitors Updated: Aug-30-15 7:07 am
SYRACUSE, New York - Visitors to the New York State Fair will be able to get a feel for what it's like to drive an armored military vehicle and control a remotely piloted aircraft.
- Benedictine monk relaxing atop wind turbine spotted by drone Updated: Aug-28-15 2:11 pm
PORTSMOUTH, Rhode Island - A Benedictine monk who works at a private Rhode Island school has discovered that finding solitude is no easy feat, even 175 feet in the air.
- Kansas plans state's first public summit on drones Updated: Aug-27-15 7:17 am
WICHITA, Kansas - Kansas officials are planning a public summit on drones this fall.
- UND test pilots fly drone into public airport for 1st time Updated: Aug-26-15 5:11 pm
GRAND FORKS, North Dakota - The University of North Dakota aviation program notched a milestone earlier this month when three pilots from the school navigated an unmanned aircraft at a public airport.
- Interest in drones soars at Wisconsin Farm Technology Days Updated: Aug-26-15 11:52 am
TOWN OF SUN PRAIRIE, Wisconsin - Drones are attracting droves of visitors at Wisconsin Farm Technology Days, as many of the devices have been seen hovering around their exhibitors.
- Southern New Jersey man indicted for shooting down drone Updated: Aug-26-15 6:08 am
CAPE MAY COURT HOUSE, New Jersey - Officials say a southern New Jersey man is facing up to 10 years in prison if convicted of shooting down a drone flying above his neighborhood last year.
- Southwest Ohio college dedicates new 1-stop drone center Updated: Aug-25-15 6:47 pm
DAYTON, Ohio - A new one-stop center for the design, construction and testing of drones is ready for use at a college in southwest Ohio.
- 2 drones spotted near Charleston International Airport Updated: Aug-25-15 7:05 am
NORTH CHARLESTON, South Carolina - Drones are a growing concern for pilots and the Federal Aviation Administration says there have been two recent incidents near Charleston International Airport.
- Study finds 4 close calls for drone, helicopter crashes Updated: Aug-25-15 5:10 am
LAS VEGAS - As more residents begin to fly drones, the Federal Aviation Administration has found that manned aircraft have been having close calls in Las Vegas.
- California lawmakers approve drone trespassing crime bills Updated: Aug-24-15 9:07 pm
SACRAMENTO, California - California lawmakers advanced legislation Monday seeking to rein in the use of privacy-invading drones, passing one bill to prevent the use of drones by paparazzi and another making it a trespassing violation to fly drones over private property without permission.
- 2 arrested in plot to fly contraband into prison with drone Updated: Aug-24-15 5:34 pm
JESSUP, Maryland - Police arrested two men with a drone near a Maryland state prison as the men prepared to fly drugs, tobacco and pornography into the maximum-security institution, state police and prison officials said Monday.
- UAE army frees British hostage as al-Qaida expands in Yemen Updated: Aug-23-15 11:49 am
DUBAI, United Arab Emirates - The United Arab Emirates said Sunday that its military freed a British hostage who was kidnapped 18 months ago by al-Qaida in Yemen, which has expanded its reach amid fighting between Shiite rebels and their opponents.
- North Dakota drone test site set to fly high at all hours Updated: Aug-23-15 10:37 am
FARGO, North Dakota - North Dakota's unmanned aircraft test site is set to fly high, both day and night.
- Iran says it shoots down drone near border with Iraq Updated: Aug-22-15 7:58 am
TEHRAN, Iran - Iran's official IRNA news agency says the military has shot down a reconnaissance drone in western Iran near the border with Iraq.
- 6 killed in Syria after Israel retaliates for rocket attack Updated: Aug-21-15 4:43 pm
DAMASCUS, Syria - Israeli airstrikes in southern Syria killed six people and wounded seven, Syrian state TV reported Friday, in retaliation for a rocket attack on Israel the previous day that Israeli officials blamed on militants backed by Iran.
- Cantwell says hobby drones hurt firefighting efforts Updated: Aug-21-15 11:41 am
SPOKANE, Washington - Washington Sen. Maria Cantwell is warning of the danger civilian hobby drones have on firefighting efforts.
- Green Bay bans flying drones at special events in city Updated: Aug-21-15 6:13 am
GREEN BAY, Wisconsin - City officials in Green Bay have enacted a ban on flying drones at special events.
- Blumenthal seeking federal restrictions on drones Updated: Aug-20-15 4:11 pm
WINDSOR LOCKS, Connecticut - U.S. Sen. Richard Blumenthal said Thursday he is urging the Federal Aviation Administration to take steps to address a surge in drones, saying they've become a serious risk to air travel.
- Downing drone at San Diego County beach leads to jail Updated: Aug-20-15 12:44 pm
ENCINITAS, California - A beachgoer who tossed a T-shirt into the propellers of a low-flying drone, causing it to crash, was arrested on a felony vandalism charge in San Diego County.
- Philadelphia to be no-drone zone for pope's Sept 26-27 visit Updated: Aug-20-15 8:52 am
PHILADELPHIA - Philadelphia will be a no-drone zone when Pope Francis is in town.
- Drones could be banned from Georgia National Fair Updated: Aug-20-15 4:19 am
PERRY, Georgia - Officials will soon vote whether to make the Georgia National Fair a no-fly zone and thereby ban drones and remote-controlled airplanes.
- Moran touts drones as valuable for creating jobs in Kansas Updated: Aug-19-15 7:22 pm
PARK CITY, Kansas - The nation's top transportation official said Wednesday that while the U.S. government is "on a good path" when it comes to commercial use of drones, concerns remain about their private use.
- Mexico deploys drones to protect sea turtle nesting grounds Updated: Aug-19-15 6:19 pm
MEXICO CITY - Mexican officials say they have begun flying two drones over sea turtle nesting grounds on the Pacific coast to better monitor and protect the sensitive habitats.
- Agency: Stores must stop drone sales at New Jersey airport Updated: Aug-19-15 12:58 pm
NEWARK, New Jersey - At least two stores inside Newark Liberty International Airport are selling drones despite federal rules prohibiting flying them near airports.
- Schumer wants new drone technology as airport sightings grow Updated: Aug-19-15 11:44 am
MINEOLA, New York - The Federal Aviation Administration is moving too slowly to implement rules requiring drone manufacturers to install technology that would prevent the aircraft from entering "no-fly zones" like airports, U.S. Sen. Charles Schumer said.