- GoPro gets real ... virtually real Updated: May-28-15 11:01 am
NEW YORK - Shares of GoPro jumped to a five-month high Thursday after the company's CEO said the company is getting into the drone and virtual reality business.
- Hezbollah says it struck Syria militants with help of drone Updated: May-27-15 11:01 am
BEIRUT - Lebanon's Hezbollah group says it has struck a group of al-Qaida militants near the border with Syria with the help of a drone for the first time.
- Court rejects Yemenis' case against Germany over US drones Updated: May-27-15 10:31 am
COLOGNE, Germany - A German court on Wednesday rejected a lawsuit against the government brought by three Yemeni men who lost two relatives in a U.S. drone strike.
- Drone hits building, then 2 people at Memorial Day parade Updated: May-26-15 3:44 am
MARBLEHEAD, Massachusetts - No charges have been filed after two people were hit by a drone flying over a Memorial Day parade near Salem.
- First North Dakota-manufactured drone unveiled in Wahpeton Updated: May-23-15 4:46 pm
WAHPETON, North Dakota - State and industry officials have unveiled the first unmanned aircraft manufactured in North Dakota in Wahpeton.
- Justice Department issues policy on domestic drone use Updated: May-22-15 6:39 pm
WASHINGTON - The Justice Department is acknowledging that the FBI, DEA and other federal law enforcement agencies are likely to make increasing use of unmanned aerial drones in the United States.
- New Hampshire enforces ban on drones for hunting Updated: May-21-15 11:13 am
CONCORD, New Hampshire - New Hampshire has decided to ban the use of drones, "smart rifles," and live-action game cameras for hunting.
- The frustrations of allied warfare - al-Qaida-style Updated: May-21-15 3:45 am
WASHINGTON - If President Barack Obama or his predecessor thought fighting a war with coalition partners was hard, they might consider Osama bin Laden's frustrations.
- Report shows few Utah agencies report using drones Updated: May-19-15 6:31 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - A new state report published online this week shows only three government agencies in Utah reported using drones over the past year.
- Ohio college approved to fly drones in some commercial areas Updated: May-19-15 4:16 pm
DAYTON, Ohio - A community college has received permission from the Federal Aviation Administration to fly drones in some commercial areas.
- Xcel Energy has FAA approval to use drones Updated: May-19-15 12:11 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - Xcel Energy says it has approval from federal regulators to use drones to inspect more than 320,000 miles of electric and natural gas infrastructure.
- Pakistani officials say US drone strike kills 3 militants Updated: May-19-15 7:56 am
DERA ISLAMIL KHAN, Pakistan - Two missiles fired from a U.S. drone hit a compound in a Pakistani tribal region near the Afghan border, killing three militants, Pakistani intelligence officials said Tuesday.
- 3 EU nations pledge cooperation on developing 'Euro-drone' Updated: May-18-15 10:32 am
BRUSSELS - Germany, France and Italy have pledged cooperation to jointly develop a "Euro-drone" for intelligence-gathering and surveillance of the skies.
- NY's Griffiss Airport is 1st test site for new drone system Updated: May-15-15 3:07 am
ROME, New York - The federal government has picked Griffiss International Airport as the first test site to license a new low-altitude surveillance system for drones.
- Man apprehended after flying drone near White House Updated: May-14-15 5:03 pm
WASHINGTON - The U.S. Secret Service apprehended a man who was flying a small drone Thursday afternoon in a park outside the White House, a violation of federal aviation rules.
- Fort Carson drone gets lost, found in Colorado Springs yard Updated: May-14-15 9:42 am
COLORADO SPRINGS, Colorado - A small drone from Fort Carson got a little lost before crashing in a Colorado Springs man's backyard.
- 3 Kansas universities part of unmanned aerial system team Updated: May-14-15 5:47 am
SALINA, Kansas - Kansas' three largest universities have been selected by the Federal Aviation Administration to be a part of a team that will help integrate unmanned aerial systems into the nation's airspace.
- Md. National Guard opening hangar for unmanned aircraft Updated: May-14-15 4:49 am
ST. INIGOES, Maryland - The Army National Guard is opening a new hangar for unmanned aircraft at the Navy's Webster Field in southern Maryland.
- Testing of drones in South Texas expanded to border, forests Updated: May-12-15 10:20 am
CORPUS CHRISTI, Texas - A South Texas university's drone research has been expanded to include air traffic, border oversight and fire prevention.
- Kansas State to add drone cybersecurity training Updated: May-11-15 5:04 am
SALINA, Kansas - Kansas State University is expanding into drone cybersecurity training.
- Fire, drone expose scale of prehistoric rock formations Updated: May-09-15 2:04 pm
GREAT FALLS, Montana - Cutting-edge archaeological work that included use of a drone and prescribed fire has unearthed previously unknown information about a one-of-a-kind Native American archaeological site in northeastern Montana dating back thousands of years.
- Another major defense company interested in ND drone park Updated: May-09-15 10:53 am
FARGO, North Dakota - The nation's first unmanned aircraft business park currently under construction in North Dakota has a second major defense contractor interested in setting up shop.
- Delaware researcher uses drones to assess storm damage Updated: May-09-15 9:59 am
NEWARK, Delaware - In the hours after a horrific storm - a storm like Superstorm Sandy - with bridges impassable and roads debris-covered, emergency response is often the first concern.
- Illinois State Police gets FAA approval to use drones Updated: May-09-15 4:05 am
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - Illinois State Police say they've received approval to use drones to photograph crash and crime scenes. But the agency is avoiding term "drones."
- FAA picks Mississippi State to lead unmanned aircraft center Updated: May-08-15 8:39 pm
STARKVILLE, Mississippi - The Federal Aviation Administration announced Friday that Mississippi State University will lead a team of 13 universities in running a new national center to research unmanned aerial vehicles.