- Move over drones, driverless cars - unmanned ship up next Updated: May-03-16 9:07 am
SAN DIEGO - It's not only drones and driverless cars that may become the norm someday - ocean-faring ships might also run without captains or crews.
- Turkey and US-led coalition pound IS group in Syria Updated: May-02-16 2:05 pm
ISTANBUL - The Turkish military said Monday that artillery shelling and drone attacks by the U.S.-led coalition have struck Islamic State positions in Syria and killed a total of 63 militants.
- Wyoming bans aircraft for spotting during hunting season Updated: May-02-16 1:39 pm
CASPER, Wyoming - The Wyoming Game and Fish Commission has banned the use of manned and unmanned aircraft to scout for wildlife during hunting season.
- Connecticut votes to criminalize attaching weapons to drones Updated: Apr-29-16 10:14 pm
HARTFORD, Connecticut - Those who attach weapons to drones in Connecticut could soon face a serious criminal penalty.
- A drone for loan? North Dakota agency eager to help Updated: Apr-29-16 5:20 pm
FARGO, North Dakota - A drone for loan? One of the first law enforcement agencies to use unmanned aircraft as eyes in the sky says it's ready to ship its technology anywhere in the country to help police who need it.
- Drone-like toy flies undetected over wall at Michigan prison Updated: Apr-29-16 5:23 am
JACKSON, Michigan - Officials say a drone-like toy flew undetected over the wall at a southern Michigan prison and was later discovered on the ground by staff.
- US beefs up surveillance over Islamic State in Libya Updated: Apr-28-16 6:35 pm
WASHINGTON - The U.S. has moved surveillance drones into the skies over Libya to gather intelligence and get a better picture of what's going on in case additional military strikes against Islamic State militants are authorized.
- UK: Jet incident near Heathrow did not involve drone Updated: Apr-28-16 6:37 am
LONDON - A British Airways jet reported to have hit an object as it came in to land at Heathrow Airport this month did not strike a drone as first thought, the British government said Thursday.
- Combat pilot nominated for Air Force Chief Updated: Apr-26-16 5:32 pm
WASHINGTON - Defense Secretary Ash Carter is nominating Gen. David Goldfein to become the next Air Force chief of staff.
- Lawmakers look to regulate drone use with handful of bills Updated: Apr-26-16 8:41 am
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - Louisiana lawmakers are making a bipartisan push to regulate drones, an area where developing technology meets privacy concerns.
- Texas A&M drones survey damage to seagrass from boats Updated: Apr-25-16 3:26 pm
CORPUS CHRISTI, Texas - Drones have been used by Texas A&M University in Corpus Christi to survey seagrass for damage blamed on boat propellers.
- Drones for businesses slow to take off in Kansas Updated: Apr-23-16 11:42 am
WICHITA, Kansas - Some businessmen say the commercial drone industry in Kansas has taken off more slowly than they expected, and a national survey supports that contention.
- Nebraska researchers test new firefighting tool - drones Updated: Apr-22-16 6:34 pm
BEATRICE, Nebraska - Researchers in Nebraska tested a new tool on Friday that could eventually help in fighting grass fires - drones.
- Whiteman drone pilots receive new, more prestigious title Updated: Apr-22-16 3:59 pm
WHITEMAN AIR FORCE BASE, Missouri - The Air Force will now recognize drone pilots who conduct remote military strikes from Whiteman Air Force Base as "attack squadrons," a designation with more prestige that could help with retention and recruitment.
- Mind. Blown. Brain-controlled drone race pushes future tech Updated: Apr-22-16 2:31 pm
GAINESVILLE, Florida - Wearing black headsets with tentacle-like sensors stretched over their foreheads, the competitors stare at cubes floating on computer screens as their small white drones prepare for takeoff.
- Possible Navy drone base environmental assessment underway Updated: Apr-22-16 6:06 am
NORFOLK, Virginia - Officials say the results of an environmental assessment for a potential Navy drone base on Virginia's Eastern Shore may be finished by late summer.
- New vistas open up at small businesses that use drones Updated: Apr-20-16 10:58 am
NEW YORK - That drone flying around a suburban house might not belong to a wannabe pilot - it may be a tool that's become indispensable for a small business.
- Video shows former Reid Hospital campus is decaying Updated: Apr-20-16 5:00 am
RICHMOND, Indiana - Doug Philbeck saw an important piece of local history crumbling more and more each day, so he decided to show a new perspective of that history - from the air.
- Senate passes bill that would boost airport security Updated: Apr-19-16 4:42 pm
WASHINGTON - The Senate approved a bipartisan aviation policy bill Tuesday that would boost airport security, extend new protections to airline passengers and help speed the introduction of package-delivery drones.
- Clean up to begin at national monument aircraft crash site Updated: Apr-19-16 4:26 pm
LAS CRUCES, New Mexico - The military will finally clean up the site where a drone aircraft crashed in 2014 at White Sands National Monument.
- Lincoln allows police to interfere with drone operation Updated: Apr-19-16 2:17 pm
LINCOLN, Nebraska - An ordinance that has been narrowly approved will allow police to interfere with drone operation in Lincoln.
- Pacifists balk at part of taxes in silent protest of war Updated: Apr-18-16 1:46 pm
LANCASTER, Pennsylvania - Every year at tax time, Harold Penner faces a moral dilemma.
- Drone collision with jet highlights growing aviation danger Updated: Apr-18-16 11:41 am
LONDON - A collision between a British Airways passenger jet and a drone over London has left the plane undamaged but the aviation industry deeply shaken.
- British Airways flight believed to hit drone on approach Updated: Apr-17-16 3:03 pm
LONDON - Police say a British Airways flight from Geneva hit an object believed to be a drone while on approach to London's Heathrow Airport.
- Wedding photographers in Texas use drones for unique images Updated: Apr-14-16 1:22 pm
SAN ANTONIO - As weddings become ever more elaborate and staged, couples increasingly are demanding Hollywood-style special effects for that one-of-a-kind, jaw-dropping video.