- Oregon lawmaker's bill would regulate hobby drones Updated: Nov-26-15 5:32 pm
SALEM, Oregon - If you're planning to arm your hobby drone, your window is closing.
- Tourist ticketed for flying drone in Central Park Updated: Nov-26-15 5:26 pm
NEW YORK - Police say a 41-year-old Russian tourist and his 14-year-old son were flying a drone in Central Park and the father was ticketed.
- Woman ordered to pay $600 for throwing rock at drone Updated: Nov-25-15 12:00 pm
HARWICK, Pennsylvania - A western Pennsylvania woman has been ordered to pay $600 for hurling driveway gravel at her next-door neighbor's drone.
- Showtime documetary collects all of the former CIA chiefs Updated: Nov-25-15 10:59 am
NEW YORK - After making a documentary about presidential chiefs of staff two years ago, filmmaker Jules Naudet joked about focusing on another important government job where it would seem next to impossible to get interview subjects to speak candidly, if at all.
- Bond set for man accused of raising money for terrorists Updated: Nov-24-15 11:11 am
TOLEDO, Ohio - One of four men accused of trying to send money to an al-Qaida leader will be able to leave jail once his family posts bond, a federal magistrate decided.
- NY court: Targeted killings memos can be kept secret Updated: Nov-23-15 10:02 pm
NEW YORK - The U.S. government can keep secret various memos related to its legal justification for using drones to kill citizens suspected of terrorism overseas, a federal appeals court said in a decision unsealed Monday.
- Drone pilot training center on fast track in North Dakota Updated: Nov-23-15 2:36 pm
GRAND FORKS, North Dakota - A major U.S. defense contractor that is opening an unmanned aircraft training academy in North Dakota may start with a temporary structure because of the growing demand for pilots and other crew members, the head of a drone business park says.
- Iranian official: Crashed drone was home grown Updated: Nov-22-15 3:20 am
TEHRAN, Iran - Iranian media are reporting a reconnaissance drone that crashed in the country's southwest was Iranian made, and not foreign as initially thought.
- Iran's Guard simulates capture of Al-Aqsa Mosque Updated: Nov-21-15 12:59 pm
TEHRAN, Iran - Paramilitary forces from Iran's powerful Revolutionary Guard have held a war game simulating the capture of Jerusalem's Al-Aqsa Mosque from Israeli control, state media reported Saturday.
- Teen honored for helping Indian widows 'Sew a Future' Updated: Nov-21-15 10:32 am
PLAINSBORO, New Jersey - It's not every day that a drone shows up at your front door, drops a package with an iPad in it and whirls away, leaving you a personalized video message from Nick Cannon to come to Florida - right away.
- AP sources: Task force wants even smaller drones registered Updated: Nov-20-15 2:23 pm
WASHINGTON - An aviation industry task force is recommending that operators be required to register drones weighing as little as a half a pound, a threshold that could include some remote-controlled toys, industry officials said.
- Police seek person who flew drone near refinery Updated: Nov-19-15 6:08 am
LINDEN, New Jersey - Police are trying to find the man who flew a drone near New Jersey's Phillips 66 Refinery.
- New Mexico spaceport to host drone summit in 2016 Updated: Nov-19-15 5:16 am
UPHAM, New Mexico - Spaceport America will be hosting a drone summit next spring.
- Jackson County agrees to 8-year lease for drone plant Updated: Nov-19-15 3:41 am
PASCAGOULA, Mississippi - Jackson County has reached an agreement with an aerospace and technology company to extend the lease of a drone plant.
- Man sentenced for drone interference with LA police chopper Updated: Nov-18-15 10:01 pm
LOS ANGELES - A man who flew a drone into the path of a police helicopter during a Hollywood manhunt is giving up the device and can't own another one for three years.
- Pope's security detail nearly doubled; Italy bans drones Updated: Nov-18-15 12:31 pm
VATICAN CITY - Pope Francis' personal security detail was nearly doubled during his general audience Wednesday, and carabinieri were out in force as Italy and the Vatican beefed up security around the Holy See following the Paris attacks and before Francis' big Jubilee Year starting Dec. 8.
- Work begins on drone training academy in North Dakota Updated: Nov-09-15 11:44 am
GRAND FORKS, North Dakota - Officials on Monday broke ground for a $2.5 million drone training academy in North Dakota, at the nation's first unmanned aircraft business park.
- Federal standards keep young pilots from manning drones Updated: Nov-08-15 12:21 pm
GRAND FORKS, North Dakota - Megan Halek could be the best unmanned aircraft pilot coming out of the University of North Dakota's highly regarded aviation program this year: She's aced a training program and has enough air experience to fly private jets worldwide.
- Afghan official: Drone crashes in mountains near capital Updated: Nov-04-15 9:36 am
KABUL, Afghanistan - An Afghan official says that an American drone has crashed the in mountains south of the capital, Kabul.
- University of Colorado to test drones in San Luis Valley Updated: Nov-02-15 2:40 pm
BOULDER, Colorado - The University of Colorado says it will help test two kinds of drones in southern Colorado's San Luis Valley.
- Researchers developing drone that can start prescribed burns Updated: Nov-01-15 6:44 pm
LINCOLN, Nebraska - Researchers at the University of Nebraska-Lincoln are developing an unmanned aircraft that can drop flaming balls to help firefighters safely set prescribed burns.
- JBLM helicopter pilots may soon help fly unmanned drones Updated: Oct-31-15 6:11 am
YAKIMA, Washington - Daniel Fernandez used to have a fast and dangerous mission on the battlefields of Iraq and Afghanistan as an Army scout helicopter pilot.
- FAA: Plane crew reports drone sighting at JFK Airport Updated: Oct-29-15 6:43 pm
NEW YORK - Officials say the crew of a Boeing 777 reported seeing an unmanned aircraft while approaching John F. Kennedy International Airport.