- Research project to use drone to inspect New Mexico dam Updated: Jul-01-15 5:22 am
ELEPHANT BUTTE, New Mexico - Federal water managers plan to use a drone to inspect Elephant Butte Dam.
- Growlers, new budget, tax cuts part of new Florida laws Updated: Jun-30-15 5:58 pm
TALLAHASSEE, Florida - Florida legislators passed more than 200 bills this year during their regular 60-day session and 19-day special session. Most of those bills take effect on Wednesday, the start of the state's fiscal year. One of the new laws, a 24-hour waiting period for abortions, is being blocked by a state judge.
- Drone flying over Seattle parade crashes, strikes woman Updated: Jun-29-15 6:27 pm
SEATTLE - Seattle police say a 25-year-old woman was knocked unconscious when a small drone aircraft crashed into a building and fell, striking the woman in the head.
- Drone designed to appeal to youngsters in the classroom Updated: Jun-26-15 3:08 am
LAS VEGAS - At the Henderson headquarters of Skyworks, a drone company founded by former UNLV students, 88-year-old Selma Bartlett holds up the company's newest creation, a brightly colored quadcopter called Eedu.
- Air tankers briefly grounded after drone spotted over blaze Updated: Jun-25-15 11:57 am
SAN BERNARDINO, California - Officials say they temporarily grounded air tankers for safety reasons after a hobbyist's drone flew near a huge forest fire in Southern California.
- Plans move forward for drone research at Michigan airport Updated: Jun-25-15 7:46 am
ALPENA, Michigan - Plans to fly unmanned aircraft from a Michigan airport as part of a drone research effort are moving forward.
- Snowden papers suggest possible UK role in US drone strike Updated: Jun-24-15 8:52 am
LONDON - Two global newspapers say documents provided by former NSA contractor Edward Snowden raise questions about whether British intelligence played a role in a 2012 U.S. drone strike in Yemen.
- Upstate NY man cleared of unlawful surveillance using drone Updated: Jun-22-15 3:40 pm
ULSTER, New York - A 50-year-old Hudson Valley man has been cleared of attempted unlawful surveillance in connection with using a drone-mounted camera to shoot photos and videos of a medical office building.
- Consumers Energy debuts drone to monitor utility lines Updated: Jun-22-15 12:32 pm
CEMENT CITY, Michigan - Consumers Energy has launched a drone to inspect utility poles and wind turbines in parts of Michigan.
- NLR company 1st in state to get OK for commercial drone use Updated: Jun-20-15 5:22 pm
NORTH LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - A North Little Rock company says it's the first in the state to receive Federal Aviation Administration approval to operate unmanned aerial systems, or drones, commercially.
- Green Bay mulls ban on drones flying over public events Updated: Jun-19-15 5:01 am
GREEN BAY, Wisconsin - Officials in Green Bay are considering whether to ban aerial drones from flying over public events in the city.
- Officials want to obtain 2 drones for New Jersey county Updated: Jun-18-15 4:16 am
HACKENSACK, New Jersey - Emergency management officials want a northern New Jersey county to be the first in the state to obtain federal approval to use drones during emergencies.
- 5 Chicago stops the Stanley Cup probably should have skipped Updated: Jun-18-15 2:57 am
CHICAGO - Over the course of its 122 years, Lord Stanley's Cup has been a few places it shouldn't have.
- Giants use drone to videotape minicamp workout Updated: Jun-17-15 4:09 pm
EAST RUTHERFORD, New Jersey - The New York Giants have become the latest NFL team to use a drone to videotape a portion of practice.
- Delivery by drone in 30 minutes? Amazon says it's coming Updated: Jun-17-15 1:48 pm
WASHINGTON - Borrowing a pizza delivery motto, online retail giant Amazon told Congress Wednesday it is developing the technology to use drones to deliver packages in 30 minutes or less, a broad expansion of unmanned flight that is raising concerns about safety, security and privacy.
- Al-Qaida kills 2 alleged spies after Yemen leader killed Updated: Jun-17-15 9:13 am
SANAA, Yemen - Al-Qaida militants in Yemen killed two men accused of spying for the United States and hung their bodies off a bridge on Wednesday, a day after the jihadi group announced the death of its leader in a U.S. drone strike.
- Scientists fly drones to map sagebrush for wildfire strategy Updated: Jun-17-15 4:43 am
BOISE, Idaho - Scientists have deployed drones over western Idaho to map a little-known landscape as part of an effort to reduce wildfire risks and protect sage grouse and other wildlife across the West.
- Al-Qaida's No. 2 leader killed in US strike in Yemen Updated: Jun-16-15 11:08 pm
CAIRO - A U.S. airstrike has killed al-Qaida's second-most-powerful figure, the head of its Yemeni branch, dealing the terror network its biggest blow since the killing of Osama bin Laden at a time when it is vying with the Islamic State group for the mantle of global jihad.
- Drone falls from sky, hits person at Albuquerque festival Updated: Jun-15-15 10:37 am
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - Authorities say an amateur drone flying over an Albuquerque festival fell from the sky and hit someone.
- Commercial drones taking off in Iowa Updated: Jun-14-15 11:08 am
DES MOINES, Iowa - Iowans can start expecting to see more unmanned aerial vehicles - more commonly known as drones - flying around the state's skies.
- From drones to distances, Fox takes tech to US Open coverage Updated: Jun-13-15 3:48 am
Producing a golf tournament has a certain rhythm to it. The telecast cuts from hole to hole, often joining a player just as he is about to hit a shot.
- Broker gets FAA approval to use drone to take photos Updated: Jun-11-15 5:46 pm
LAS VEGAS - Across Southern Nevada, homes listed online usually have a slideshow of photos - some good-quality, some not - showing the yards, bedrooms, kitchen, garage and other areas of the house.
- FAA chief promising Nevada meeting on drone aircraft testing Updated: Jun-08-15 7:15 pm
LAS VEGAS - The Federal Aviation Administration is planning a meeting in Nevada by the end of the year about expanding drone aircraft testing.
- Drone is latest weapon against cheating on China school exam Updated: Jun-08-15 11:45 am
BEIJING - The latest weapon in the fight against cheating on China's all-important college entrance exam is a six-propeller drone.
- Several Iowa firms get permission to experiment with drones Updated: Jun-07-15 7:34 pm
DES MOINES, Iowa - At least 10 Iowa businesses are now authorized to use drones, so the unmanned aircraft may become more common in the state.