- Judge dismisses FAA fine against small drone user Updated: Mar-07-14 12:50 am
- Hawaii lawmakers advance bills on deadline day Updated: Mar-06-14 8:51 pm
- Utah Senate approves bill restricting drones Updated: Mar-06-14 4:57 pm
- Al-Qaida in Yemen kills comrade accused of spying Updated: Mar-06-14 1:01 pm
- Mass. lawmakers consider rules for drones Updated: Mar-05-14 2:34 am
- Indiana Senate passes bill to restrict drone use Updated: Mar-04-14 8:11 pm
- Reports: Facebook looks to buy solar drone company Updated: Mar-04-14 3:34 pm
- Foundation aiding Cochise County Sheriff's Office Updated: Mar-03-14 3:13 pm
- Bill would restrict drones on La. private property Updated: Mar-01-14 12:03 pm
- Officials: Al-Qaida plots comeback in Afghanistan Updated: Feb-28-14 9:39 am
- Drones to make appearance at W.Va. prison exercise Updated: Feb-28-14 2:59 am
- Bill to protect outdoorsmen from drones Updated: Feb-27-14 12:04 pm
- Iowa House approves drone regulation bill Updated: Feb-26-14 4:25 pm
- Unmanned aircraft to help study wiliwili trees Updated: Feb-25-14 1:35 pm
- Researchers: 35M gallons of coal ash spilled in NC Updated: Feb-25-14 12:28 pm
- Researchers: 35M gallons of coal ash spilled in NC Updated: Feb-25-14 12:07 pm
- Ohio community college pursuing drone testing Updated: Feb-25-14 10:01 am
- Police say take it slow with Conn. drone proposal Updated: Feb-24-14 4:06 pm
- In Yemen, a woman's life entangled with al-Qaida Updated: Feb-21-14 1:21 pm
- Report: US drone may have killed dozen civilians Updated: Feb-20-14 9:49 am
- 1 bill heads to governor at session midpoint Updated: Feb-19-14 3:42 pm
- Monument closure likely barred visits by thousands Updated: Feb-19-14 2:17 pm
- As Syria threat expands, Obama mulls options Updated: Feb-19-14 3:28 am
- Hawaii grapples with unmanned aircraft privacy Updated: Feb-18-14 6:33 pm
- Journalist sues police who questioned drone use Updated: Feb-18-14 4:40 pm
WASHINGTON - A federal judge has dismissed the Federal Aviation Administration's only fine against a commercial drone user on the grounds that the small drone was no different than a model aircraft, a decision that appears to undermine the agency's power to keep a burgeoning civilian drone industry out of the skies.
HONOLULU - Hawaii state senators made light work of the last handful of bills to cross over to the House before a legislative deadline.
SALT LAKE CITY - A measure to set some early restrictions on law enforcement's use of unmanned aerial systems is advancing at the Legislature.
SANAA, Yemen - Al-Qaida militants in Yemen killed one of their own men Thursday, hanging his body from a street light after accusing him of spying for the United States, officials said.
BOSTON - State lawmakers are considering how drones might be regulated in Massachusetts should they become law enforcement tools in the future.
INDIANAPOLIS - Indiana police would need search warrants before using aerial drones or demanding passwords for electronic devices if the Legislature gives final approval to a digital privacy bill.
NEW YORK - Facebook is in talks to buy Titan Aerospace, a maker of solar-powered drones, to step up its efforts to provide Internet access to remote parts of the world, according to reports from technology blog Techcrunch and financial news outlet CNBC.
SIERRA VISTA, Arizona - Cochise County Sheriff Mark Dannels says a foundation has provided his office with 120 new handguns and also plans to provide a helicopter and a drone.
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - Louisiana should have limits on the use of unmanned aircraft, so people can't spy on their neighbors and government can't snoop in people's backyards without cause, said a state senator proposing restrictions on drones.
WASHINGTON - Al-Qaida's Afghanistan leader is laying the groundwork to relaunch his war-shattered organization once the United States and international forces withdraw from the country, as they have warned they will do without a security agreement from the Afghan government, U.S. officials say.
MOUNDSVILLE, West Virginia - For the first time in its 18-year history, the Mock Prison Riot in Moundsville will feature drones flying overhead.
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - A proposal that would prohibit the use of drones to conduct video surveillance of outdoorsmen in Tennessee without their permission has passed the Senate.
DES MOINES, Iowa - The use of drones would be strictly regulated under a bill approved Wednesday by the Iowa House.
HILO, Hawaii - Unmanned aircraft will help researchers study a struggling Hawaiian tree species.
RALEIGH, North Carolina - A team of academic researchers equipped with a drone estimates that up to 35 million gallons of coal ash and contaminated wastewater spilled into the Dan River earlier this month.
RALEIGH, North Carolina - A team of academic researchers equipped with a drone estimates about 35 million gallons of coal ash and contaminated wastewater spilled into a North Carolina river earlier this month.
DAYTON, Ohio - The state may have been passed over as an FAA drone testing site last year, but a western Ohio community college is moving full speed ahead on the development, teaching and application of the technology.
HARTFORD, Connecticut - Connecticut police are urging state lawmakers not to rush into regulating high-tech unmanned aircraft known as drones.
SANAA, Yemen - Abeer al-Hassani's ex-husband was famed for his beautiful voice. He used it, she says, singing poetic hymns to martyrdom and jihad to try to draw youth from their neighborhood of the Yemeni capital into joining al-Qaida. He sang at weddings of fellow members of the terror group, and held discussions with young men at local mosques.
WASHINGTON - A U.S. military drone strike in Yemen last December may have killed up to a dozen civilians on their way to a wedding and injured others, including the bride, a human rights group says. U.S. officials say only members of al-Qaida were killed, but they have refused to make public the details of two U.S. investigations into the incident.
OLYMPIA, Washington - With the 60-day Washington state legislative session more than half over, one bill related to immigration has been sent to Gov. Jay Inslee for his signature. Both the House and Senate have given final approval to the measure, which would expand college financial aid to include students who were brought to the state illegally as children.
ALAMOGORDO, New Mexico - White Sands National Monument officials say a closure due to cleanup work after a military drone crash may have prevented visits from approximately 7,400 people.
WASHINGTON - For the United States, Syria's civil war is threatening to start hitting closer to home.
HONOLULU - Hawaii lawmakers are considering a bill that would make it illegal for police to monitor people with unmanned aircraft without due process.
HARTFORD, Connecticut - A journalist filed a lawsuit Tuesday alleging that Hartford police officers violated his free-speech rights by questioning his use of a remote-controlled aircraft to record images of a car wreck.