- Bill would let Neb. lawmakers step in on vets home Updated: Dec-08-13 10:05 am
- $75M bet at NH's mini casinos in name of charity Updated: Dec-08-13 9:05 am
- Gov. calls for bells to toll Dec. 14 for Newtown Updated: Dec-08-13 8:20 am
- Parnell orders flags lowered for Koponen Updated: Dec-08-13 6:23 am
- Auditor warns Utah relies heavily on federal money Updated: Dec-08-13 6:17 am
- UT lawmakers meet on closing Swallow inquiry Updated: Dec-07-13 10:16 pm
- Dubuque leaders seek to dump greyhound racing Updated: Dec-07-13 6:56 pm
- Ex-Okla. House Speaker Privett dies at 89 Updated: Dec-07-13 6:38 pm
- NJ Gov. Christie stumps for Otter in N. Idaho Updated: Dec-07-13 4:23 pm
- Analysis: Dog of year in Congress whimpers to end Updated: Dec-07-13 2:30 pm
- Corbett signals he won't push to hike minimum wage Updated: Dec-07-13 1:26 pm
- Kan. 'Hard 50' cases back before Supreme Court Updated: Dec-07-13 1:17 pm
- Home stands 10 years after Abbeville standoff Updated: Dec-07-13 11:36 am
- Fracking waste fills WV landfills under new rule Updated: Dec-07-13 11:12 am
- Lawmakers seek to avert cut in August teacher pay Updated: Dec-07-13 10:47 am
- 2014 could be repeat of 2013 for Alabama raises Updated: Dec-07-13 10:29 am
- RI's 5 things: Jazz fest expands, Maeda exits Updated: Dec-07-13 10:09 am
- Republican Fisher enters Mass. race for governor Updated: Dec-07-13 9:48 am
- Parnell to release budget proposal Thursday Updated: Dec-07-13 9:06 am
- NH Gov. proclaims Pearl Harbor Remembrance Day Updated: Dec-07-13 6:14 am
- SD flags at half-staff on Pearl Harbor anniversary Updated: Dec-07-13 5:29 am
- Few abortions covered with insurance in Michigan Updated: Dec-07-13 4:04 am
- SD governor announces pheasant task force Updated: Dec-06-13 9:53 pm
- Lawyer: State overstepped by extending policies Updated: Dec-06-13 9:44 pm
- Governor: Hawaii in better fiscal shape Updated: Dec-06-13 9:35 pm
LINCOLN, Nebraska - Lawmakers would step into an ongoing dispute over the new Central Nebraska Veterans Home, if one state senator has his way.
SALEM, New Hampshire - As New Hampshire debates legalizing a commercial casino, the charities that rely on games of chance to raise millions of dollars every year worry that a big-name gambling hall would siphon off crucial revenue for the services they provide.
HARTFORD, Connecticut - Connecticut's governor is calling for houses of worship to mark the first anniversary of the Newtown school shooting by ringing their bells 26 times - once for each of the victims killed inside Sandy Hook Elementary School.
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - Alaska state flags are set to be lowered next week in memory of former Fairbanks state Rep. Niilo Koponen, who died Tuesday at the Fairbanks Pioneers Home.
SALT LAKE CITY - A new report from Utah's state auditor warns officials about the state's reliance on federal money in light of recent budget battles in Washington, D.C.
SALT LAKE CITY - Lawmakers investigating former Utah Attorney General John Swallow met Saturday to map out how they'll wrap up their inquiry in the wake of Swallow's resignation.
DUBUQUE, Iowa - The Dubuque City Council will ask state lawmakers to remove a state requirement that it maintain a greyhound dog racing track at the local Mystique Casino.
NORMAN, Oklahoma - Former Oklahoma House Speaker Rex Privett has died at age 89.
COEUR D'ALENE, Idaho - New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie has endorsed Idaho Gov. C.L. "Butch" Otter for a third term at a Republican Party campaign fundraising event in northern Idaho.
WASHINGTON - Barring uncharacteristically swift work by Congress, more than a million victims of the recession will lose long-term unemployment benefits over the holidays, the price of milk could shoot up in late winter and government payments might fall sharply for doctors who treat Medicare patients.
WILKES-BARRE, Pennsylvania - Gov. Tom Corbett is signaling that he will not support an increase in Pennsylvania's minimum wage, saying he is worried about the impact on the state's economy.
TOPEKA, Kansas - Attorneys will go before the Kansas Supreme Court next week to argue cases related to the state's "Hard 50" prison sentence and whether changes made to the law by legislators in September can be applied retroactively.
ABBEVILLE, South Carolina - On the 10th anniversary of one of the most intense firefights ever in South Carolina, the home where it happened sits like a macabre reminder of the most horrible day Abbeville has seen in a generation.
McLEAN, Virginia - A memo released quietly by regulators earlier this year has carved a major loophole in West Virginia's rules restricting the amount of waste that can be accepted by the state's landfills, all with the intent to ease a burgeoning problem caused by the boom in gas drilling, environmentalists say.
JACKSON, Mississippi - When lawmakers mandated that school start later, an unintended result was public school employees perhaps having their August paychecks cut, something the chairmen of the state House and Senate Education Committees say they're trying to avoid.
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - Alabama teachers could be in line for another pay raise when the state legislature meets next year, but non-education state employees should not get their hopes up.
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - Defendants in a Navy kickbacks case are sentenced, the Newport Jazz Festival expands and the president of the Rhode Island School of Design announces his departure. Here are five things to know in Rhode Island.
SHREWSBURY, Massachusetts - A Shrewsbury business owner says he is seeking the Republican nomination for governor in Massachusetts.
JUNEAU, Alaska - Gov. Sean Parnell is scheduled to unveil his budget proposal at a chamber event in Anchorage on Thursday.
CONCORD, New Hampshire - Gov. Maggie Hassan is proclaiming Saturday "Pearl Harbor Remembrance Day" to mark the 72nd commemoration of the attack that drew the United States into World War II.
PIERRE, South Dakota - Gov. Dennis Daugaard has asked that all flags in South Dakota be flown at half-staff to observe National Pearl Harbor Remembrance Day.
LANSING, Michigan - When lawmakers vote to restrict insurance coverage of abortions in Michigan, it will affect a small number of abortions because the vast majority already are paid for out of pocket.
HURON, South Dakota - Gov. Dennis Daugaard has announced the formation of a task force to find a balance between modern agricultural practices and wildlife-oriented land conservation.
PORTLAND, Oregon - A lawyer for the Oregon Legislature says the state insurance commissioner overstepped her authority when she allowed insurance companies to extend policies that had been canceled because they don't meet standards under the federal health care law.
HONOLULU - Gov. Neil Abercrombie says Hawaii ended the most recent fiscal year $844 million in the black.