- Washington's Inaugural Bible to be displayed Updated: Dec-09-13 1:04 am
- For inaugural poet, a journey home to America Updated: Nov-29-13 9:42 pm
- Assignment becomes lifelong passion for JFK fan Updated: Nov-21-13 6:33 am
- Gettysburg Address is a sacred, but elusive text Updated: Nov-17-13 1:01 pm
- Georgia inaugurates philosopher as president Updated: Nov-17-13 8:59 am
- Va.'s Longwood University welcomes 26th president Updated: Nov-16-13 10:40 am
- NIU inaugurates Douglas Baker as its new president Updated: Nov-13-13 9:25 pm
AUSTIN, Texas - The Bible on which George Washington placed his hand the first time he took the oath of office as U.S. president will go on display for one-day only at the Lyndon B. Johnson Presidential Library in Austin.
MIAMI - The Miami neighborhood where inaugural poet Richard Blanco grew up, in many ways, resembles Cuba his family left behind. Down the street, a man sells avocados from a small table. His favorite bakery, a few blocks north, serves guava pastries and cafe con leche.
PITTSBURGH - A routine homework assignment for a Westmoreland County sixth-grader over Christmas break in 1959 became a lifetime passion for Steve Russell.
GETTYSBURG, Pennsylvania - Like the Pledge of Allegiance or "The Star-Spangled Banner," the Gettysburg Address is a sacred American text, so fully absorbed into the culture that phrases such as "four score and seven years ago" and "of the people, by the people, for the people" are as familiar as any song lyric or line of poetry.
TBILISI, Georgia - Georgia on Sunday inaugurated a new president, 44-year-old philosopher and former university rector Giorgi Margvelashvili, who pledged to strengthen the former Soviet republic's ties with the West and maintain its commitment to NATO.
FARMVILLE, Virginia - Longwood University has inaugurated its 26th president.
DEKALB, Illinois - Northern Illinois University inaugurated Douglas Baker as its new president on Wednesday during a 90-minute ceremony at the Holmes Student Center of its DeKalb campus.