- Gallery eyes portraits in the age of abstract art Updated: Apr-17-14 10:55 am
- DC museums look to movies to expand their audience Updated: Apr-12-14 9:19 am
- Mickey Rooney portrait installed at Smithsonian Updated: Apr-09-14 5:23 pm
- Art gallery owner pleads guilty to cyber-stalking Updated: Mar-31-14 9:16 pm
- Fire destroys old hotel in upstate NY village Updated: Mar-26-14 9:55 am
WASHINGTON - When abstract expressionism was all the rage in American art in the mid-20th century, many artists thought portraits were dead.
WASHINGTON - Film props and iconic pop-culture artifacts have drawn audiences to exhibits for years, but some area museums are going a step further, linking collections with new movie releases to tell real-life stories or capitalize on audience interest.
WASHINGTON - The Smithsonian's National Portrait Gallery has installed a photograph of entertainer Mickey Rooney with his frequent co-star Judy Garland to honor the late actor at the museum in Washington.
LOS ANGELES - Prosecutors say a Southern California gallery owner has pleaded guilty to federal stalking charges for trying to harass and extort as much as $300,000 from art world professionals.
STAMFORD, New York - Authorities in a northern Catskills village are trying to determine the cause of a fire that has destroyed a historic former hotel a New York City artist had planned to convert into a gallery.