- Amy Sedaris hosts Super 8 motel art giveaway at NY gallery Updated: May-03-16 10:54 am
NEW YORK - You don't expect to find paintings from motel rooms hanging in a New York art gallery. But Openhouse gallery will be showing art from Super 8 motels and giving it away with help from comedian and lifestyle guru Amy Sedaris.
- Ex-art studio worker pleads guilty in 'Afghan Girl' theft Updated: Apr-25-16 4:18 pm
WEST CHESTER, Pennsylvania - A former suburban Philadelphia art gallery employee has pleaded guilty to her role in the theft of dozens of prints including the "Afghan Girl" photograph that once graced the cover of National Geographic.
- Art dealer pleads not guilty in $1 million embezzlement case Updated: Apr-22-16 7:37 pm
LOS ANGELES - A prominent Los Angeles art dealer pleaded not guilty Friday to three grand theft counts charging him with failing to pay more than $1 million to former Disney executive Michael Ovitz and another man for paintings he sold for them.
- Gallery sues over fines for artwork of partially nude woman Updated: Apr-19-16 2:35 pm
ENGLEWOOD, New Jersey - A New Jersey gallery has filed a federal lawsuit over a city code violation it received for displaying artwork of a partially nude woman in its store window.
- On one Havana street, gentrification exposes old inequality Updated: Apr-16-16 10:17 am
HAVANA - Halfway down Calle Habana, a crumbling two-story colonial building is being painstakingly restored by a Cuban-American businessman who fled as a child after the 1959 revolution. On the corner, brightly colored paintings hang in a home now converted into a chic art gallery.