- Nielsen: 13.76 million viewers for Letterman Updated: May-21-15 3:07 pm
NEW YORK - Comic celebrities turned out for David Letterman's late-night farewell - and so did his biggest audience in more than 21 years.
- Europe's Altice enters US cable frenzy with Suddenlink deal Updated: May-20-15 5:11 pm
NEW YORK - There's a new player in the U.S. cable dating game.
- ABC has strong week thanks to Swift, Billboard music awards Updated: May-19-15 6:10 pm
NEW YORK - Taylor Swift kick-started the Billboard Music Awards and boosted ABC in the television ratings, too.
- An eclectic collection of sounds goes into Corvallis podcast Updated: May-19-15 3:45 pm
CORVALLIS, Oregon - Dan Crall and Cheyne Willems are having a chat while walking along a trail at Willamette Park. Crall stops suddenly at the sound of a bird calling out in a tree.
- Not Your Ma's Bell: AT&T evolves beyond phones Updated: May-19-15 12:47 pm
NEW YORK - The company whose name has long been synonymous with telephones is looking for new ways to reach out and touch someone.
- TV judge gets ethics OK to let brother get paid for show Updated: May-19-15 11:50 am
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - The brother of a judge who appears on the public access TV show "Caught in Providence" can try to sell the program to broadcasters, the state ethics commission said Tuesday.
- CBS morning show to broadcast from top of NYC skyscraper Updated: May-19-15 11:31 am
NEW YORK - Nobody's hoping for a clear day in New York on Wednesday more than the staff at "CBS This Morning," which is broadcasting its entire two-hour show from the new 102nd floor observation deck at One World Trade Center.
- Charter, Bright House extend negotiations over $10.4 B deal Updated: May-18-15 2:47 pm
STAMFORD, Connecticut - Charter Communications plans to take more time to negotiate its $10.4 billion purchase of fellow cable provider Bright House Networks, but the companies say they remain committed to reaching a deal under the terms announced earlier this spring.
- Bill Cosby: Consider his social message, not the messenger Updated: May-15-15 10:58 pm
NEW YORK - Bill Cosby said young people should separate what he has to say about their future from sexual assault allegations lodged against him.
- American viewers getting more chances to watch cycling on TV Updated: May-15-15 4:52 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - The explosive growth of cable sports networks over the past two decades has helped to bring the predominantly European sport of cycling to more and more Americans, from the fanatics to the casual viewer who may not know a peloton from a derailleur.
- ABC faces credibility crisis over Stephanopoulos donations Updated: May-15-15 3:24 pm
NEW YORK - George Stephanopoulos apologized to viewers Friday for donating $75,000 to the Clinton Foundation and failing to disclose it earlier, as ABC News now finds its chief anchor in a credibility crisis on the eve of a presidential campaign.
- Letterman gets ratings boost with retirement near Updated: May-14-15 4:29 pm
NEW YORK - David Letterman's imminent retirement is bringing nostalgic viewers back to check out his final shows.
- Ed Fouhy, network news executive, dead at age 80 Updated: May-13-15 3:23 pm
NEW YORK - Ed Fouhy, a longtime television news executive whose Emmy Award-winning career ranged from producing Walter Cronkite's evening broadcasts to twice overseeing presidential debates, has died.
- University of Hawaii to get academic research network funds Updated: May-13-15 12:43 pm
HILO, Hawaii - The University of Hawaii is getting a $4.6 million grant from the National Science Foundation so it can invest in an international submarine cable network.
- Players Championship TV rating 3rd-highest Sunday in decade Updated: May-11-15 5:11 pm
ORLANDO, Florida - Rickie Fowler's remarkable rally and playoff victory gave The Players Championship its third-highest Sunday preliminary rating in the last decade.
- Fox calling an end to 'American Idol' Updated: May-11-15 2:39 pm
NEW YORK - Fox is lowering the curtain on "American Idol," ending a series that dominated television throughout the 2000s and made stars of the likes of Simon Cowell, Kelly Clarkson and Carrie Underwood.
- In Tech: Mobile app, mobile phone, online TV Updated: May-08-15 4:11 am
NEW YORK - The iconic designer behind the simulation video games "Sim City" and "The Sims" wants people to tell stories visually on their mobile phones.
- SD Public Broadcasting to air and stream Obama's speech Updated: May-08-15 2:38 am
WATERTOWN, South Dakota - People who aren't among the graduates, family and friends attending Friday's speech in Watertown by President Barack Obama can still watch it live.
- Shooting leaves 2 dead, 1 injured at Missoula home Updated: May-07-15 10:26 pm
MISSOULA, Montana - The news director of a southwestern Montana television station was killed along with a family friend in a double murder and attempted suicide at her residence, KTMF station manager Tom Ciprari said Thursday.
- 1 alleged ringleader in cable TV ID theft turns self in Updated: May-07-15 7:10 pm
SHREVEPORT, Louisiana - One of the 11 people accused in a cable TV ID theft case is in a New York State jail, and one of the two alleged ringleaders has surrendered in Caddo Parish, the Caddo Parish sheriff's spokeswoman says.
- Drone use poised to expand to newsrooms despite FAA limits Updated: May-07-15 6:29 pm
LAS VEGAS - Newsgathering by drone is gaining traction as an industry practice, but how the technology can actually be used to cover the news of the day is murky given its legal limitations.
- CBN assists more than 500 in Nepal Updated: May-07-15 2:31 am
VIRGINIA BEACH, Virginia - Humanitarian staff and volunteers from the Christian Broadcasting Network have treated more than 500 people in Nepal.
- Paper, TV station ask judge not to keep dashcam video secret Updated: May-06-15 6:49 pm
AIKEN, South Carolina - A newspaper and television station are asking a judge to allow them to argue against a police officer's request that dashcam video of him shooting an unarmed suspect after a car chase not be released publicly until it's shown in court.
- Manhole explodes by New York's Penn Station; hotel evacuated Updated: May-06-15 4:55 pm
NEW YORK - A manhole explosion near New York City's Penn Station has led to the evacuations of a hotel and the studios of Al Jazeera America. It also has snarled traffic and affected area phone, Internet and cable service.
- Cablevision CEO wants New York cable deal Updated: May-06-15 3:11 pm
CHICAGO - The CEO of Cablevision said he wants deals with New York cable operators.