- Cubs win gets most viewers in wild-card game's short history Updated: Oct-08-15 4:17 pm
NEW YORK - The Chicago Cubs' return to the playoffs has drawn the largest television audience in the short history of baseball's wild-card game.
- Belarus independent journalists targeted ahead of election Updated: Oct-08-15 5:46 am
MINSK, Belarus - A secret apartment in an old Minsk building has become just the latest risky place for journalists from the independent Belsat television station to work.
- Witnesses: Saudi-led airstrikes kill 15 at wedding in Yemen Updated: Oct-07-15 7:33 pm
SANAA, Yemen - Two airstrikes by the Saudi-led coalition killed at least 15 civilians and wounded 25 others in Yemen on Wednesday at a wedding hosted by a tribal leader known to support the Houthi rebels, witnesses and independent security officials said.
- Governor candidates to debate on TV without David Vitter Updated: Oct-07-15 4:19 pm
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - Republican U.S. Sen. David Vitter defended his planned absence in the latest TV debate in the Louisiana governor's race, saying his work in Washington is the culprit.
- With Yankees, wild-card game draws biggest TV audience Updated: Oct-07-15 4:11 pm
NEW YORK - With the Yankees playing, baseball's wild-card game has drawn its largest television audience in its short history.
- A guide to watching sports if you don't have cable Updated: Oct-07-15 11:49 am
NEW YORK - It's football season, and baseball playoffs are starting. Don't have cable? You can still watch.
- ESPN cuts sponsored daily fantasy sports elements from shows Updated: Oct-06-15 7:13 pm
LAS VEGAS - ESPN is cutting sponsored DraftKings elements from within its shows but not commercials from the daily fantasy sports site. That's according to ESPN Outside the Lines host Bob Ley, who revealed the shift during his show Tuesday.
- Alabama station looks to press charges against commissioner Updated: Oct-06-15 6:01 pm
DOTHAN, Alabama - The vice president of a southeast Alabama TV station says he'll press charges against a city commissioner accused of hitting a reporter in the face.
- DVR usage changes Nielsen ratings picture Updated: Oct-06-15 4:13 pm
NEW YORK - Football and CBS - sometimes both -dominated ratings during the second week of the television season.
- ABC Family network changing name to Freeform Updated: Oct-06-15 2:46 pm
NEW YORK - The ABC Family network, home of youthful dramas "Pretty Little Liars" and "The Fosters," said Tuesday it will change its name to Freeform this winter.
- Tampa-based radio host admits to attempted ratings tampering Updated: Oct-06-15 12:20 pm
TAMPA, Florida - A Tampa-based radio host has admitted that he attempted to tamper with ratings by trying to influence the listening habits of a person participating in a Nielsen survey.
- The Latest: Day 2 ends in trial of W.Va. ex-coal chief Updated: Oct-02-15 7:32 pm
CHARLESTON, West Virginia - The latest developments in the federal trial of former Massey Energy CEO Don Blankenship. All times are local:
- Spain media mogul seeks libel charges against El Pais editor Updated: Oct-02-15 6:59 am
MADRID - Two of Spain's top media companies are facing off after a broadcasting magnate who has bankrolled Woody Allen movies asked a court to file criminal charges against the editor-in-chief of the country's leading newspaper.
- China journalist refuses to confess despite police pressure Updated: Oct-01-15 1:46 am
BEIJING - Journalist Liu Hu says that once he was detained by police the pressure for him to confess was unrelenting. They told him that, unless he confessed, he would stay behind bars longer and his wife would abandon him.
- Newscast airs from lawn after bomb threat on building Updated: Sep-30-15 8:31 pm
GLENDALE, California - Southern California TV station KABC-TV had to air its Wednesday afternoon newscast - weather, sports and all - from the building's front lawn after a bomb threat.
- ABC apologizes for mixing up video of Indian actresses Updated: Sep-30-15 2:45 pm
LOS ANGELES - ABC's "Nightline" is apologizing for confusing new network star Priyanka Chopra with another Indian actress.
- Sinclair stations begin show with Attkisson Updated: Sep-30-15 1:54 pm
NEW YORK - Former CBS News reporter Sharyl Attkisson promises her new Sinclair Television show will be different than typical Sunday morning public affairs programs, but she couldn't resist having Donald Trump as her first guest.
- Fox, SiriusXM launch headline news service Updated: Sep-30-15 10:25 am
NEW YORK - Fox News is collaborating with SiriusXM to launch a 24-hour news service that will update satellite radio listeners and mobile device users on headlines every 15 minutes.
- Yogi Berra remembered at funeral by family, sports royalty Updated: Sep-29-15 8:51 pm
MONTCLAIR, New Jersey - A gold catcher's mitt was placed on top of his remains. But on a day filled with stories from a lifetime in baseball, Yogi Berra was remembered for being more than one of the game's greats.
- Nexstar offers about $1.9B in cash, stock for Media General Updated: Sep-28-15 5:56 pm
Nexstar Broadcasting, attempting to drive a wedge between Media General and Meredith Corp., offered nearly $1.9 billion to buy Media General on Monday.
- Russian media talk up Putin's speech Updated: Sep-28-15 2:11 pm
MOSCOW - In an hours-long marathon of commentary, Russia's two main TV stations on Monday talked up President Vladimir Putin's speech at the U.N. General Assembly as tough and uncompromising.
- Estonia launches Russian-language TV channel, seeks balance Updated: Sep-28-15 7:56 am
TALLINN, Estonia - Estonia has launched its first full-scale Russian-language television channel in an attempt to lure the country's sizable Russian-speaking minority away from Moscow's sphere of influence.
- ABC apologizes for claiming O.J. Simpson video as exclusive Updated: Sep-26-15 9:24 pm
LOS ANGELES - ABC News apologized for promoting as an exclusive a videotape of O.J. Simpson that NBC had aired 15 years ago.
- Inmate charged with sending suspicious powder to TV stations Updated: Sep-26-15 6:11 am
COLUMBUS, Ohio - A central Ohio grand jury has indicted an Ohio prison inmate on charges he sent white powder purported to be anthrax in letters to TV stations and a state agency.
- Pittsburgh public broadcasting firm cuts 17 jobs, salaries Updated: Sep-25-15 2:35 pm
PITTSBURGH - The public broadcasting company in Pittsburgh, WQED Multimedia, is cutting 17 jobs and executive salaries in order to reduce millions of dollars in long-term debt.