- New 'Daily Host' host says tenor will change, not targets Updated: Jul-29-15 4:49 pm
BEVERLY HILLS, California - Incoming "Daily Show" host Trevor Noah said politics and the media will remain targets of the program but the perspective will be distinctively his.
- Satellite TV installer guilty of child sex assault Updated: Jul-29-15 6:28 am
PATERSON, New Jersey - Jurors in Passaic County have convicted a satellite TV installer of kidnapping and child sex assault.
- 'Celebrity Family Feud' a summertime hit Updated: Jul-28-15 5:14 pm
NEW YORK - The survey says: ABC's version of "Celebrity Family Feud" ended its run on Sunday as an unexpected summertime hit.
- Trump dominates nightly news on election, study shows Updated: Jul-28-15 3:25 pm
NEW YORK - Since the beginning of June, Donald Trump has received more coverage on the broadcast network evening newscasts than all of the other candidates for president combined, with his estranged former partners at NBC giving him the most attention.
- The Latest: Kerry's nuke deal testimony translated in Iran Updated: Jul-28-15 12:58 pm
WASHINGTON - The latest developments on Obama administration officials' testimony Tuesday before Congress on the Iran nuclear deal (all times local EDT):
- Mexico national team coach allegedly hits TV journalist Updated: Jul-27-15 10:09 pm
MEXICO CITY - The coach of Mexico's national soccer team is known for his histrionic displays of emotion during games.
- Ohio governor says he's not using "hot rhetoric' for support Updated: Jul-26-15 12:28 pm
CINCINNATI - Ohio's governor says he isn't going to use "hot rhetoric" or campaign promises that won't be kept as he tries to move up in the crowded GOP field.
- AT&T buys DirecTV, now biggest traditional TV provider in US Updated: Jul-24-15 7:58 pm
NEW YORK - Even as TV watchers increasingly go online, AT&T has become the country's biggest traditional TV provider with its $48.5 billion purchase of DirecTV.
- Oklahoma governor appoints 2 to television authority board Updated: Jul-24-15 1:08 pm
OKLAHOMA CITY - Gov. Mary Fallin has appointed two new members to the Oklahoma Educational Television Authority board of directors.
- 'Sharknado 3' has the sharks, but not ratings of last year Updated: Jul-23-15 8:34 pm
LOS ANGELES - Fearsome sharks rained down once more in the latest "Sharknado" TV movie, but they didn't create the ratings deluge of last year's installment.
- La. office cuts payment to pageant, citing fewer TV viewers Updated: Jul-23-15 7:50 pm
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - Louisiana's lieutenant governor says the state tourism office is cutting in half the money it committed to pay the 2015 Miss USA pageant because the pageant was not carried on NBC or Univision as had been planned.
- Comcast adds Internet customers; box office pumps up revenue Updated: Jul-23-15 4:03 pm
NEW YORK - Despite a slowdown in subscriber growth, the Internet is still propelling Comcast.
- EU opens antitrust case against 6 major US movie studios Updated: Jul-23-15 11:33 am
BRUSSELS - The European Union on Thursday launched an antitrust case against six major U.S. movie studios and British satellite broadcaster Sky UK, in a move that could profoundly shake up the highly lucrative pay-television market in Europe.
- Palestinian-funded TV channel for Israeli Arabs challenged Updated: Jul-23-15 3:50 am
RAMALLAH, West Bank - Now broadcasting live from a West Bank parking lot, a new Palestinian-funded satellite television channel for Israel's Arab citizens already found its studio closed before it could even fill its airtime.
- Missing Marine tells TV station he plans to turn himself in Updated: Jul-22-15 9:55 am
PONTIAC, Michigan - A Detroit-area news outlet says a Marine who is the subject of a nationwide manhunt after threats were made to his estranged wife plans to turn himself in.
- High-stakes lobbying on Iran deal; pressure for Congress Updated: Jul-19-15 2:24 pm
WASHINGTON - Israel's ambassador to the United States raced in and out of offices on Capitol Hill, trying to persuade lawmakers that the nuclear deal with Iran is a historic mistake.
- In Tech: Comcast games, Microsoft music, HBO online Updated: Jul-16-15 4:20 pm
Comcast is adding another hook to try to keep customers in front of the TV: video games in its set-top boxes.
- Lawsuit: DirecTV's 'NFL Sunday Ticket' is illegal monopoly Updated: Jul-15-15 7:34 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - DirecTV's exclusive right to broadcast certain NFL games is an illegal monopoly that raises costs for bars and restaurants, a San Francisco bar says in a lawsuit against the league and the satellite TV provider.
- Marlene Sanders, TV news reporter and executive, dies at 84 Updated: Jul-15-15 7:05 pm
NEW YORK - Marlene Sanders, a veteran television journalist for ABC and CBS News at a time when relatively few women did that job, has died of cancer. She was 84.
- Baseball's All-Star Game draws record-low television rating Updated: Jul-15-15 4:12 pm
NEW YORK - Baseball's All-Star Game has drawn a record-low television rating.
- New Comcast online video service for its Internet customers Updated: Jul-13-15 5:22 pm
NEW YORK - Comcast, the country's largest cable company, is offering its own online video alternative as people spend fewer hours watching live TV and more time using tablets and phones for entertainment.
- Lightning disrupts TV news broadcast Updated: Jul-11-15 10:34 am
DENVER - A thunderstorm Friday night knocked Denver's Channel 9 television newscast off the air for a short time.
- Israel bars Palestinian-funded TV channel from operating Updated: Jul-09-15 3:32 pm
JERUSALEM - An Israeli Cabinet minister signed an order Thursday barring a Palestinian TV channel geared toward Israel's Arab citizens from operating inside the Jewish state for the next six months.
- Spike making series on computer pioneer McAfee Updated: Jul-08-15 5:27 pm
NEW YORK - The Spike television network says it is making a six-part TV series based on the life of anti-virus software entrepreneur John McAfee, centered around interviews with him.
- Editorial Roundup: Excerpts from recent editorials Updated: Jul-08-15 5:03 pm
Excerpts from recent editorials in newspapers in the United States and abroad: