- The Latest: Hometown crowd gathers to honor slain cameraman Updated: Aug-31-15 2:29 pm
ROANOKE, Virginia - The latest on Salem High School opening its doors to the community to commemorate the life of alumnus Adam Ward, the 27-year-old cameraman for a Roanoke television station who was slain on live TV last week (all times local):
- Community gathering to remember slain television cameraman Updated: Aug-31-15 1:29 pm
ROANOKE, Virginia - Salem High School will open its doors to the community Monday to commemorate the life of an alumnus - Adam Ward, the 27-year-old cameraman for a Roanoke television station who was slain on live TV last week.
- Epix reaches multiyear Hulu deal, ends Netflix agreement Updated: Aug-31-15 10:20 am
The cable network Epix jumped from Netflix to Hulu, landing a multiyear, digital subscription video on demand deal with the streaming service.
- W.Va. State University to offer media diversity fellowship Updated: Aug-31-15 2:08 am
INSTITUTE, West Virginia - West Virginia State University says a new fellowship program allows minority students to work alongside media professionals to tell the state's story, including its diverse ethnic history.
- Service pays tribute to slain television reporter, cameraman Updated: Aug-30-15 11:37 pm
ROANOKE, Virginia - Community religious leaders gathered Sunday to remember 24-year-old reporter Alison Parker and 27-year-old cameraman Adam Ward, the two television journalists who were shot and killed while working last week.
- Vin Scully: 2016 will be final season in booth for Dodgers Updated: Aug-29-15 7:22 pm
LOS ANGELES - Vin Scully said Saturday that 2016 will be his last season in the broadcast booth for the Los Angeles Dodgers, which would mark the end of his record 67-year tenure with the same franchise.
- 2 slain TV station workers honored at Va. high school games Updated: Aug-29-15 1:22 pm
ROANOKE, Virginia - Two slain employees of a Roanoke TV station have been honored during the opening weekend of high school football games.
- The Latest: Canada asks for release of Al-Jazeera defendant Updated: Aug-29-15 7:47 am
CAIRO - Here are the latest developments in Egypt's retrial of three Al-Jazeera English journalists (all times local):
- Vin Scully to return for record 67th year with Dodgers Updated: Aug-28-15 11:40 pm
LOS ANGELES - The voice of summer in Los Angeles plans to return next year.
- UW men's basketball game times, TV coverage released Updated: Aug-28-15 5:11 pm
LARAMIE, Wyoming - Game times and television coverage have been released for the 2015-16 Wyoming Cowboys basketball season.
- The Latest: Survivor expresses condolences for TV workers Updated: Aug-28-15 1:36 pm
ROANOKE, Virginia - The latest on the on-air killing of two TV station employees in Virginia (all times local):
- Ex-news director says shooter was 'professional victim' Updated: Aug-28-15 8:02 am
HONOLULU - The former news director of a Virginia television station says the fired employee who shot two ex-colleagues on live television had a long history of being a "professional victim."
- Virginia shootings make for tough media decisions Updated: Aug-28-15 1:13 am
NEW YORK - In an era when anyone can go online and find video of extremist beheadings, police shootings and other carnage, major news organizations applied their own standards to coverage of this week's killing of a TV news crew in Virginia and showed only carefully selected portions of the footage.
- Ex-news director of gunman describes him as confrontational Updated: Aug-27-15 9:04 pm
SAN DIEGO - A San Diego news director recognized the gunman who shot to death two journalists on live television as a the man he had hired and later fired from a Florida TV station 16 years ago for getting in fights with colleagues and threatening others.
- Memories, tears mark newscast a day after on-air shootings Updated: Aug-27-15 5:59 pm
ROANOKE, Virginia - The colleagues of two journalists shot to death on live television returned to their morning show Thursday with memories, tears and a determination to carry on.
- Slain TV reporter, cameraman were eager young journalists Updated: Aug-27-15 4:54 pm
ROANOKE, Virginia - Alison Parker seemed destined for the anchor chair. Adam Ward was upbeat, the kind of cameraman everyone wanted to work with in the wee hours of the morning.
- Seigenthaler to receive Al Neuharth journalist award Updated: Aug-27-15 12:52 pm
VERMILLION, South Dakota - Broadcast journalist John M. Seigenthaler is this year's recipient of the Al Neuharth Award for Excellence in the Media.
- Trump dumps insults on questioners, insists on control Updated: Aug-27-15 6:19 am
WASHINGTON - For Donald Trump, the joy of the insult seems as compelling as the art of the deal.
- Former broadcaster in TV shooting was a volatile, angry man Updated: Aug-27-15 4:38 am
Even after gunning down a TV news reporter and cameraman during a live interview, Vester Lee Flanagan II continued to rage. But after a volatile career that had seen him fired at least twice for clashing with co-workers who recall him as an off-kilter loner, this would be the former broadcaster's last, brutal sign-off.
- TV station balances grief, journalism after on-air shooting Updated: Aug-26-15 10:59 pm
Alison Parker and Adam Ward's colleagues at TV station WDBJ saved their tears for off the air.
- Experts: Trump, Ramos confrontation shouldn't be a surprise Updated: Aug-26-15 10:50 pm
NEW YORK - Donald Trump's onscreen confrontation with Univision's Jorge Ramos on Tuesday over the Republican presidential candidate's immigration plan should only be a surprise to those who don't know Ramos.
- Trump says he's proud he booted Univision's Ramos from event Updated: Aug-26-15 10:07 pm
PENSACOLA, Florida - Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump said Wednesday he's proud of kicking one of the country's best-known Spanish-language journalists out of an Iowa news conference - the latest in a series of clashes with the media.
- MSNBC ending Sharpton's daily show Updated: Aug-26-15 9:11 pm
NEW YORK - Al Sharpton is losing his daily show on MSNBC, with the network saying he'll be downshifted to the weekend.
- Dish and Sinclair agree in principle on new contract Updated: Aug-26-15 7:49 pm
NEW YORK - Dish Network and Sinclair Broadcast Group, one of the largest TV broadcasters in the U.S., said Wednesday they've agreed on the outline of a new contract, one day after Sinclair's channels went dark for Dish customers.
- Virginia shooter fired from TV station for performance Updated: Aug-26-15 6:38 pm
HONOLULU - The former news director of a Virginia television station said Wednesday the former employee who shot a reporter and cameraman on live television was fired largely for performance issues.