- The Latest: Pope arrives in Cuba for historic meeting Updated: Feb-12-16 2:01 pm
HAVANA - The Latest on Pope Francis's historic meeting in Cuba with Russian Orthodox Patriarch Kirill and his subsequent trip to Mexico (all times local):
- The Latest: Italy pledges $3.3M in humanitarian aid to Syria Updated: Feb-12-16 12:59 pm
BEIRUT - The Latest on the conflict in Syria and international diplomatic efforts to end the violence (all times local):
- Obama recites love poem to wife on national television Updated: Feb-12-16 9:57 am
BURBANK, California - Someone call the fire department. It's about to get hot at the White House.
- English soccer set for another fan protest at Arsenal Updated: Feb-12-16 7:30 am
Fan protests have been the theme of the week in European soccer - and there could be another on the way in the most high-profile game in the English Premier League this weekend.
- Even before controversy, blacks cool to Oscars telecast Updated: Feb-11-16 11:05 am
NEW YORK - The largest black audience for the Academy Awards over the last dozen years came in 2005, when Chris Rock was host and Jamie Foxx and Morgan Freeman won the top male acting awards.
- Sports costs at ESPN weigh down Disney's Force-ful quarter Updated: Feb-09-16 7:56 pm
LOS ANGELES - ESPN, the sports network that drives Disney's profit engine, has hit a soft patch. Subscribers have fallen by about 7.2 million over the last three years, according to Nielsen, and it's coming off a round of layoffs in the latest quarter. As more people cut the cord to watch programming online, its perch on top of the pay TV empire is looking unsteady at best.
- TV viewers choose Simpson over Madoff in crime stories Updated: Feb-09-16 5:38 pm
NEW YORK - In a television competition between notorious criminals, O.J. Simpson topped Bernard Madoff.
- Pennsylvania stuck in historic budget gridlock Updated: Feb-09-16 3:15 pm
HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania - Gov. Tom Wolf warned lawmakers on Tuesday that Pennsylvania's finances are a ticking time bomb amid a record-long budget gridlock, as he sent them a spending proposal for the coming fiscal year with no full plan in place for the year that began back in July.
- TV producers may start making you wait for new shows online Updated: Feb-08-16 6:18 pm
NEW YORK - The Golden Age of Online Television may be in peril.
- Group launches ad blitz in Arkansas' chief justice race Updated: Feb-08-16 5:26 pm
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - A Washington-based group launched television ads Monday portraying Arkansas Supreme Court Justice Courtney Goodson as beholden to trial lawyers and criticizing the chief justice hopeful over gifts and campaign contributions she's received.
- Super Bowl gets 111.9 million viewers, down from last year Updated: Feb-08-16 4:32 pm
NEW YORK - Setting television viewership records with the Super Bowl has become almost routine, but this year's average of 111.9 million viewers for Denver's victory over Carolina is down from the past two years.
- Name of Myanmar's next president to be known March 17 Updated: Feb-08-16 1:32 am
NAYPYITAW, Myanmar - The names of Myanmar's next president and two vice presidents will be revealed on March 17, an official said Monday, setting a clear timeline for the transition of power from a military-controlled government to democracy icon Aung San Suu Kyi's party.
- Insider Q&A: Competing with cable's Internet offerings Updated: Feb-07-16 2:15 pm
NEW YORK - Chet Kanojia, the founder of startup TV service Aereo, has a new offering that could shake up the cable industry again. His new Internet service, Starry, would compete with cable companies in big cities.
- Fox News anchor Megyn Kelly has book deal Updated: Feb-04-16 10:42 pm
NEW YORK - Fox News anchor Megyn Kelly has a book deal.
- TV deal means Las Vegas fans won't miss Super Bowl after all Updated: Feb-04-16 6:15 pm
LAS VEGAS - Las Vegas football fans won't miss the Super Bowl after all.
- Motorist dead, 5 injured in SUV-school bus crash Updated: Feb-04-16 3:34 pm
FAIRFIELD TOWNSHIP, New Jersey - State police say the driver of an SUV crossed the center line of a southern New Jersey highway and collided with an oncoming school bus, causing the bus to overturn.
- Bob Elliott, of comic duo Bob and Ray, dies at 92 Updated: Feb-03-16 8:05 pm
PORTLAND, Maine - Bob Elliott, half of the enduring television and radio comedy team Bob and Ray, has died, He was 92.
- 4 holdouts at Oregon refuge have diverse backgrounds Updated: Feb-03-16 6:20 pm
The four armed activists still occupying a national wildlife refuge in Oregon have shown no signs they are ready to leave more than a week after the main figures in the standoff were arrested.
- John Oliver, about to return to HBO, and his secrecy policy Updated: Feb-03-16 5:10 pm
NEW YORK - HBO's John Oliver says he likes the idea of keeping as much as possible about his show a secret until it airs each week, a philosophy he took to the extreme last spring when he traveled to Moscow to interview Edward Snowden.
- Comcast loses fewest TV customers in 8 years Updated: Feb-03-16 2:23 pm
NEW YORK - Comcast is trumpeting its best year for traditional TV services in nearly a decade, even though it continues to lose TV subscribers.
- Nicholls State renovations to be completed by summer Updated: Feb-03-16 7:58 am
THIBODAUX, Louisiana - University officials say renovations to the Nicholls State's theater and radio and TV stations are on pace to be complete later this spring.
- Detroit-area officer gets 13 months in prison for assault Updated: Feb-02-16 8:30 pm
DETROIT - A Detroit-area police officer whose bloody beating of a motorist was captured on dashcam video was sentenced to at least 13 months in prison Tuesday, with the judge rebuking him for "Dirty Harry tactics" but still handing down a punishment significantly below the guidelines.
- 'Star Wars,' 'Jurassic World' among Kids Choice nominees Updated: Feb-02-16 4:03 pm
LOS ANGELES - Stormtroopers, superheroes, dinosaurs and Cinderella are among the nominees at this year's Nickelodeon Kids Choice Awards.
- Afghan Taliban open new front in war with attacks on media Updated: Feb-02-16 1:18 am
KABUL, Afghanistan - The Taliban suicide bombing against a bus carrying employees of Afghanistan's biggest media company last month has shocked local journalists, who fear they are now in the cross hairs of an increasingly lethal insurgency.
- Powerful winds persist as winter storm lashes California Updated: Feb-01-16 9:59 pm
LOS ANGELES - Powerful winds lashed Southern California on Monday at the tail end of a winter storm that also brought heavy rain and mountain snow - closing roads, leaving thousands without power and injuring two television news journalists.