- Lead contamination of Flint water draws multiple lawsuits Updated: Feb-08-16 2:12 pm
DETROIT - One lawsuit seeks to replace lead-leaching water lines at no cost to customers. Another seeks money for thousands of Flint residents who unwittingly drank toxic water. A third complaint has been filed on behalf of people with Legionnaires' disease.
- North Jersey casino vote bill advances without key details Updated: Feb-08-16 1:45 pm
TRENTON, New Jersey - A plan to let New Jersey voters decide in November whether to authorize two new casinos in the northern part of the state is moving forward in the Legislature.
- Utah residents to use caucus system for presidential primary Updated: Feb-08-16 1:33 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - Utah voters will select their preferred presidential nominees using a caucus system rather than a traditional primary election.
- Displaced by fighting, Kurdish residents call for peace Updated: Feb-08-16 1:20 pm
DIYARBAKIR, Turkey - Azize Calis is pleading for peace.
- Police at scene of black teen's shooting falsified reports Updated: Feb-08-16 1:03 pm
CHICAGO - For more than a year after an officer shot and killed a black teen named Laquan McDonald, the Chicago Police Department had video footage that raised serious doubts about whether other officers at the scene tried in their reports to cover up what prosecutors now contend was murder.
- Funeral held for Buddy Cianci, colorful Providence ex-mayor Updated: Feb-08-16 12:38 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - Buddy Cianci, the wisecracking politician who led Providence during a turbulent and troubled six terms as mayor, was remembered during his funeral Monday as a visionary leader and skilled promoter of his city who relished the political arena.
- Mayor Tom Barrett confident despite homicides, police review Updated: Feb-08-16 12:24 pm
MILWAUKEE - Milwaukee Mayor Tom Barrett struck a confident tone during his State of the City address Monday morning despite a spike in homicides and a federal review of the city's police department.
- The Latest: Former Mayor Buddy Cianci laid to rest Updated: Feb-08-16 12:20 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - The Latest on Buddy Cianci, the wisecracking politician who led the city of Providence during a turbulent and troubled six terms as mayor, being laid to rest in an event as big as his personality (all times local):
- Pope's visit to violent Mexican city highlights broader ills Updated: Feb-08-16 12:19 pm
ECATEPEC, Mexico - One evening in September 2014, Mariana Yanez left her home in this crime-plagued Mexico City suburb saying she was going to make some photocopies. Then she vanished.
- Officials consider expansion to Seattle water taxi Updated: Feb-08-16 12:12 pm
SEATTLE - Washington's King County is considering expanding a water taxi service in Seattle.
- Elko looks to purchase land around airport Updated: Feb-08-16 12:02 pm
ELKO, Nevada - The Elko City Council is looking to increase land around the airport.
- Bill would stop removal of Confederate, historic markers Updated: Feb-08-16 11:24 am
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - As some cities make the decision to shed Confederate monuments, some Alabama lawmakers want to prohibit those removals unless legislators say it is OK.
- Colorado's battle over tax limits could shape future growth Updated: Feb-08-16 10:32 am
DENVER - By 2030, Colorado's population will grow from 5 million to 7 million people, thanks in part to a strong and diverse economy, the state's famed Rocky Mountain quality of life, and its constitutionally-mandated low taxes.
- Vatican stresses policy role of sex committee after ouster Updated: Feb-08-16 10:18 am
VATICAN CITY - Pope Francis' sex-abuse commission stressed Monday that its sole purpose is to propose initiatives to protect children from pedophiles, after it effectively suspended a member who advocated a more activist role.
- Man accused of stealing police badges while being questioned Updated: Feb-08-16 10:12 am
IRWIN, Pennsylvania - Authorities say a Pennsylvania man stole several police badges while he was being held for questioning in a domestic dispute.
- Roads slippery and snow-covered in Riverhead, New York Updated: Feb-08-16 9:05 am
RIVERHEAD, New York - Authorities on eastern Long Island are urging drivers to use extreme caution if they have to go out.
- Texas mogul asks Dallas leaders to block return of sex expo Updated: Feb-08-16 8:31 am
DALLAS - A Texas real estate and energy mogul is lobbying Dallas officials to prevent the return of a sex exposition that has previously drawn about 15,000 people.
- Spain: Madrid city calls for release of puppeteers Updated: Feb-08-16 7:37 am
MADRID - Madrid city hall apologized Monday to parents for exposing their children to a violent puppet show, but says jailing the puppeteers for allegedly praising terrorism was disproportionate.
- Clinton making a personal pitch to New Hampshire voters Updated: Feb-08-16 3:20 am
MANCHESTER, New Hampshire - From a Michigan pulpit to New Hampshire's town halls, Hillary Clinton is working to establish a personal connection with voters as she faces an increasingly difficult struggle against Bernie Sanders for the Democratic nomination.
- Jury awards Panama City Beach condo association $12 million Updated: Feb-08-16 3:10 am
PANAMA CITY BEACH, Florida - A jury has awarded nearly $12 million in damages to the Shores of Panama Resort Community Association in a lawsuit against several former directors of the association.
- Survivors pulled out from building 2 days after Taiwan quake Updated: Feb-07-16 11:45 pm
TAINAN, Taiwan - Two survivors - one found shielded under the body of her husband - were pulled out alive from a toppled high-rise apartment building on Monday, two days after a powerful quake that killed at least 36.
- NYC man killed by falling crane eulogized as generous, kind Updated: Feb-07-16 6:53 pm
NEW YORK - A pedestrian killed by a collapsing crane was eulogized Sunday as a man of kindness and generosity as the final remnants of the crumpled steel were removed from the Manhattan street where they fell.
- Juror: Man upset over verdict lifts Carlsbad court pew Updated: Feb-07-16 6:11 pm
CARLSBAD, New Mexico - An outburst that came as jurors delivered their verdict at the end of a murder trial has rattled the Eddy County Courthouse in Carlsbad.
- Aspen wants construction contractors to keep noise down Updated: Feb-07-16 3:26 pm
ASPEN, Colorado - The Aspen City Council has approved a new law that will require construction contractors to keep the noise down in the summertime as part of an effort to get people to spend more time outdoors in warmer months.
- The Latest: NYC mayor issues construction crane safety plan Updated: Feb-07-16 3:20 pm
NEW YORK - The Latest on the collapse of a construction crane, which killed a pedestrian (all times local):