- The Latest: Dad: Slain officer was figure skater, great dad Updated: Nov-28-15 12:29 pm
COLORADO SPRINGS, Colorado - The latest on the shooting at a Planned Parenthood clinic in Colorado. (All times local):
- Popular Philadelphia restaurant shut down over city tax debt Updated: Nov-28-15 12:02 pm
PHILADELPHIA - A popular Philadelphia restaurant has closed after 24 years due to a city tax debt.
- Florida counties fight fracking push Updated: Nov-28-15 11:56 am
TALLAHASSEE, Florida - Dozens of Florida cities and counties oppose a plan to give the state control over the oil and gas exploration process known as fracking.
- Redevelopment plans eyed for sections of Gary Updated: Nov-28-15 11:13 am
GARY, Indiana - Officials in Gary are working on proposals they hope will spur redevelop in sections of the long-troubled northwestern Indiana city.
- Hogs, residents compete for Kansas county's water supply Updated: Nov-28-15 11:10 am
TRIBUNE, Kansas - Only 1,200 people live in Kansas' smallest county, where using irrigation to quench thirsty crops is no longer an option for many because the water source underneath this flat, arid prairie is nearly exhausted due to decades of overuse.
- Pennsylvania budget fight's bottom line, as usual - taxes Updated: Nov-28-15 10:52 am
HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania - Pennsylvania is now five months into a budget impasse with taxes the main sticking point - a scenario familiar to anyone who's tried to understand the Byzantine motives that drive elected officials in its capital city.
- Proposals would set age 21 as minimum for buying smokes Updated: Nov-28-15 9:50 am
BOSTON - As Boston considers raising the legal age for purchasing cigarettes and other tobacco products in the city from 18 to 21, Massachusetts lawmakers are weighing the possibility of a making such a change on a statewide basis.
- Tech Town Hall to feature candidates in Iowa, New Hampshire Updated: Nov-28-15 9:29 am
MANCHESTER, New Hampshire - While they're used to facing Iowa and New Hampshire voters separately, presidential candidates will be questioned by both groups at the same time.
- Treatment Court offers drug addicts opportunity outside jail Updated: Nov-28-15 2:05 am
BOZEMAN, Montana - One Gallatin County woman's drug abuse started when she was just 14 years old. No drugs were off the table.
- Mexican basketball suspended by FIBA; Olympics in jeopardy Updated: Nov-27-15 7:18 pm
MEXICO CITY - The Mexican basketball federation was suspended by world governing body FIBA on Friday because of the national government's interference in how the sport is run.
- Mexico issues pollution alert for Mexico's Bacalar lagoon Updated: Nov-27-15 6:57 pm
MEXICO CITY - Mexico's environmental protection agency has issued an "urgent" call for local authorities to stop sewage and waste discharges into the Yucatan Peninsula's coastal, fresh-water lake of Bacalar.
- Cuomo, de Blasio clash again, this time on NYC homelessness Updated: Nov-27-15 4:48 pm
NEW YORK - The feud between Mayor Bill de Blasio and Gov. Andrew Cuomo is not taking a break for the holidays.
- Politics, policing collide in La. town where boy was killed Updated: Nov-27-15 2:21 pm
MARKSVILLE, Louisiana - When a 6-year-old autistic boy died in a hail of bullets fired by a pair of moonlighting deputy city marshals, many residents of this central Louisiana town were surprised to learn that local police weren't the only ones patrolling their streets.
- Witnesses in case against polygamous towns revealed Updated: Nov-27-15 2:10 pm
ST. GEORGE, Utah - Witnesses set to testify in a civil rights lawsuit against polygamous towns on the Arizona-Utah line include a former bodyguard for Warren Jeffs, an ex-wife of a polygamous leader and a onetime chief of the towns' marshal service.
- St. Cloud moves forward on plans for aquatic center Updated: Nov-27-15 2:02 pm
ST. CLOUD, Minnesota - After hitting a key fundraising goal, St. Cloud leaders say they're ready to build a long-planned aquatic center and have it open by 2017.
- Spanish city takes steps to probe Franco crimes Updated: Nov-27-15 11:58 am
MADRID - Local politicians in Pamplona on Friday called for an investigation into crimes allegedly committed against residents by the dictatorship of the late Gen. Francisco Franco, turning the northern city into Spain's first known to seek such a probe.
- Town trying to get Thomas Edison statue into US Capitol Updated: Nov-27-15 10:54 am
MILAN, Ohio - The birthplace of Thomas is Edison is trying to raise $35,000 to support an effort to replace a statue of a former Ohio governor who supported Southern slave owners at the U.S. Capitol with one of the inventor.
- Colorado town passes measures to control cat population Updated: Nov-27-15 9:19 am
GLENWOOD SPRINGS, Colorado - Officials in a Colorado town have passed a measure that encourages residents to vaccinate, spay, neuter and license their cats, although it stops short requiring those steps.
- Clark County leaders commit to helping veterans Updated: Nov-27-15 5:05 am
JEFFERSONVILLE, Indiana - United States Marine Corps Sgt. Will King was sitting in the Clark County jail when he first heard about the Veterans Court program in Floyd County.
- Small Mississippi town opens doors to Syrian refugees Updated: Nov-26-15 7:38 pm
LOUISE, Mississippi - Officials in Louise, a Mississippi town of 200, they'll take refugees from Syria, even though Gov. Phil Bryant has said he'll do "everything humanly possible" to keep such resettlements away from Mississippi.
- Ganim preparing for official return as Bridgeport mayor Updated: Nov-26-15 3:29 pm
BRIDGEPORT, Connecticut - Former Bridgeport Mayor Joe Ganim is preparing to return to his old job.
- Royals GM Dayton Moore to help with KC Christmas tradition Updated: Nov-26-15 2:48 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - The general manager of the World Series champion Royals is helping with an annual Christmas tradition in Kansas City.
- Illinois high court takes Moline company's tax break appeal Updated: Nov-26-15 2:01 pm
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - The Illinois Supreme Court has agreed to decide whether a Moline-based aviation company is entitled to a state property tax break being challenged by a local school district.
- Hamburg voters to decide on 2024 Olympic bid Updated: Nov-26-15 1:33 pm
HAMBURG, Germany - Leaders of Hamburg's bid for the 2024 Olympics hope that a soccer scandal, unsettled costs and fear of attacks won't dissuade voters from backing the German port city's candidacy on Sunday.
- Security steps in Paris, Brussels, may be spreading anxiety Updated: Nov-26-15 1:11 pm
BRUSSELS - At a Paris train station, the zap of a pigeon getting electrocuted on the tracks is enough to send some jittery people scurrying for cover.