- NC legislator arrested on felony tax charges Updated: Dec-11-13 6:49 pm
- Milwaukee mayor undergoes angioplasty Updated: Dec-11-13 6:14 pm
- Gays seek inclusion at Vietnamese parade in Calif. Updated: Dec-11-13 6:09 pm
- Detroit mayor touts accomplishments in last speech Updated: Dec-11-13 5:53 pm
- Pay raises recommended for Utah gov., officials Updated: Dec-11-13 5:09 pm
- Lawrence commission OKs concealed carry exemption Updated: Dec-11-13 5:02 pm
- Petition drive to start for Vineland mayor recall Updated: Dec-11-13 4:59 pm
- DC Council advances college scholarship program Updated: Dec-11-13 4:51 pm
- NW Ind. mayor: Complaint is speculation, innuendo Updated: Dec-11-13 4:43 pm
- Casper City Council proceeds with conflict inquiry Updated: Dec-11-13 3:43 pm
- Excerpts from recent Minnesota editorials Updated: Dec-11-13 3:34 pm
- Hunger a growing problem in Rhode Island Updated: Dec-11-13 2:53 pm
- NY Mayor-elect de Blasio to live in Gracie Mansion Updated: Dec-11-13 1:50 pm
- Evans tops $1 million in fundraising for DC mayor Updated: Dec-11-13 1:28 pm
- Gering, Minatare go to court over 911 services Updated: Dec-11-13 12:26 pm
- Religion, historic label collide at Fla. temple Updated: Dec-11-13 12:03 pm
- Winchester chief says he'll enforce meth rules Updated: Dec-11-13 11:49 am
- New Haven signs over ownership of Shubert Theater Updated: Dec-11-13 11:43 am
- Baton Rouge Council approves proposed 2014 budget Updated: Dec-11-13 10:42 am
- Changes to Zachary's department considered Updated: Dec-11-13 10:31 am
- Pineville council passes alcohol ordinance Updated: Dec-11-13 10:21 am
- Wichita allows concealed guns in public buildings Updated: Dec-11-13 10:19 am
- Myrtle Beach lodging revenue, admission taxes up Updated: Dec-11-13 10:02 am
- Man arrested in death of SC mayor's brother in law Updated: Dec-11-13 9:40 am
- Western Pa. county starts fining AWOL jurors Updated: Dec-11-13 9:32 am
RALEIGH, North Carolina - A North Carolina legislator has resigned following her arrest on felony tax charges.
MILWAUKEE - Milwaukee Mayor Tom Barrett says he feels fine after undergoing an angioplasty to unblock two heart vessels.
WESTMINSTER, California - A Southern California city is gearing up for a heated debate Wednesday over a Vietnamese new year's parade that would exclude the community's gay and lesbian residents.
DETROIT - Dave Bing says Detroit is better off now than when he was elected mayor four years ago.
SALT LAKE CITY - A state commission is once again recommending raising the salaries of Utah's top officials, suggesting a pay jump of about 37 percent.
LAWRENCE, Kansas - Lawrence city commissioners approved a resolution Tuesday night seeking a four-year exemption from the Kansas concealed carry law, giving officials time to sort out where guns will be allowed in the future.
VINELAND, New Jersey - The clock is starting for opponents of the mayor of Vineland to gather enough signatures on petitions to force a recall election.
WASHINGTON - A D.C. Council committee voted unanimously Wednesday in favor of an ambitious college scholarship program for city high school students that could cost up to $60 million a year.
CROWN POINT, Indiana - The mayor of Hammond is asking Lake County elections officials to dismiss a complaint that he paid his wife more than $300,000 over the past decade for work she did as a campaign consultant.
CASPER, Wyoming - Casper's City Council will hold a case hearing on a city councilor accused of collecting millions of dollars from city construction contracts.
Duluth News Tribune, Dec. 10
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - More Rhode Island families are going hungry, and there is less food to help them.
NEW YORK - Once more, Gracie Mansion will be home to the mayor of New York City.
WASHINGTON - D.C. Councilmember Jack Evans still has raised the most money of the candidates for mayor of Washington, and Councilmember Muriel Bowser still has the most left to spend.
GERING, Nebraska - Gering and Minatare have gone to court to ensure Scotts Bluff County won't stop providing them with emergency dispatch services.
SUNNY ISLES BEACH, Florida - A simple, five-paragraph historic plaque on the front portico of an Orthodox Jewish temple in south Florida honors a 2004 gathering of Holocaust survivors, but it signifies much more. It's the linchpin of a federal court battle pitting a city's powers to designate historic buildings against the free exercise of religion.
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - A Tennessee police chief says he will continue to enforce a local ordinance controlling the sale of cold medicines used to make methamphetamine despite a ruling from the attorney general saying the state prohibits such laws.
NEW HAVEN, Connecticut - New Haven's mayor has signed over ownership of the historic Shubert Theater to a not-for-profit organization that has operated it for the city for more than a decade.
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - The East Baton Rouge Parish Metro Council has approved the city-parish's 2014 budget of $805 million as proposed by Mayor-President Kip Holden, without making a single change.
ZACHARY, Louisiana - The Zachary City Council has agreed to take the first steps toward the possible reorganization of city government.
PINEVILLE, Louisiana - Alcoholic beverages could be landing on restaurant tables in Pineville within a few weeks.
WICHITA, Kansas - The city council has decided that Wichita will allow concealed guns in nearly all of its city-owned buildings including libraries, recreational centers and the Wichita Art Museum.
MYRTLE BEACH, South Carolina - There are more signs South Carolina's tourism industry is continuing its strong recovery from the recession.
CHARLOTTE, North Carolina - The man wanted in the shooting death of the brother-in-law of Columbia, South Carolina's mayor has been arrested in Charlotte.
EBENSBURG, Pennsylvania - They can't say they weren't warned.