- Bloomberg touts legacy before NYC civic group Updated: Dec-05-13 6:31 pm
- Gracious and tough, Mandela was fun to cover Updated: Dec-05-13 6:07 pm
- Mississippi AG office tries to clarify new gun law Updated: Dec-05-13 5:28 pm
- Manaus mayor: We don't want England here for WCup Updated: Dec-05-13 5:09 pm
- Former Okla. senator found guilty in bribery case Updated: Dec-05-13 4:47 pm
- 7 apply for Mingo County circuit judge's seat Updated: Dec-05-13 4:10 pm
- Ukraine official rejects early elections demand Updated: Dec-05-13 4:09 pm
- Bratton picked as NYPD commissioner again Updated: Dec-05-13 3:56 pm
- Bend to explore preserving dam, Mirror Pond Updated: Dec-05-13 3:40 pm
- Layton mayor honored at funeral Updated: Dec-05-13 3:40 pm
- OKC City Council removes chickens from code plan Updated: Dec-05-13 3:37 pm
- $15 minimum wage campaigners march on Seattle Updated: Dec-05-13 3:34 pm
- Eco-friendly construction giant faces attacks Updated: Dec-05-13 3:11 pm
- Groups sue feds over foreclosure fighting tactic Updated: Dec-05-13 3:05 pm
- Ky. senator says low, flat tax could help Detroit Updated: Dec-05-13 2:40 pm
- Salt Lake suburb flubs 1st major snow removal test Updated: Dec-05-13 2:27 pm
- Hot Springs board to televise portion of meetings Updated: Dec-05-13 2:26 pm
- Papillion lawyer named to county court judgeship Updated: Dec-05-13 1:45 pm
- Ga. immigrant students seeking in-state tuition Updated: Dec-05-13 1:43 pm
- Pope forms commission to advise on sex abuse Updated: Dec-05-13 1:34 pm
- Police cite AC councilman for wearing police shirt Updated: Dec-05-13 1:16 pm
- Okla. Senate Republican from Yukon won't run again Updated: Dec-05-13 11:58 am
- Bannister Federal Complex in KC to be demolished Updated: Dec-05-13 11:44 am
- Toronto mayor denies offering to buy crack video Updated: Dec-05-13 10:58 am
- Some fear drug rehab facilities could be shut down Updated: Dec-05-13 9:26 am
NEW YORK - Outgoing New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg grew emotional while speaking about the future of the city he has led for 12 years.
NEW YORK - The thing about Nelson Mandela was that he made the rest of us want to be almost as noble as he.
JACKSON, Mississippi - Certain gun owners can carry concealed weapons even in areas where a local government has posted signs banning them, the attorney general's office said Thursday in an opinion aimed at clarifying Mississippi's gun laws.
COSTA DO SAUIPE, Brazil - Go Home England!
OKLAHOMA CITY - A former Democratic state senator from Oklahoma City was convicted Thursday for her role in a bribery scheme in which she was accused of agreeing not to run for re-election in 2010 in exchange for a state job.
CHARLESTON, West Virginia - Seven people have applied to fill the remaining term of the Mingo County Circuit Court seat formerly held by Michael Thornsbury.
KIEV, Ukraine - A top Ukrainian official on Thursday rejected the opposition's demand for early presidential elections amid major street protests gripping the country, as Western officials scramble to help work out a solution to the crisis.
NEW YORK - William Bratton, whose tenure as New York City police commissioner in the 1990s was marked by a steep decline in crime and clashes with then-Mayor Rudolph Giuliani, has been chosen to lead the nation's largest police force again.
BEND, Oregon - The Bend City Council has voted to explore preserving a city landmark, the dammed-up part of the Deschutes River known as Mirror Pond.
LAYTON, Utah - Layton Mayor Steve Curtis was remembered at his funeral as a man of the people who did the right thing regardless of politics.
OKLAHOMA CITY - The Oklahoma City Council has separated proposed regulations regarding chickens from a plan intended to support urban agriculture.
SEATTLE - Activists for a $15 minimum wage marched their campaign Thursday from SeaTac to Seattle.
PORTLAND, Oregon - An eco-friendly building rating system that has powered a green arms race across the nation now faces a challenge from policymakers and an upstart rival.
NEWARK, New Jersey - The American Civil Liberties Union has sued the Federal Housing Finance Agency, asking it to disclose efforts to stop municipalities from using eminent domain to bail out underwater homeowners and make its dealings with the financial industry more transparent.
DETROIT - A Republican senator from Kentucky who may run for president is traveling to bankrupt Detroit to preach a message of lower tax rates.
COTTONWOOD HEIGHTS, Utah - An upscale Salt Lake City suburb that farmed out snow removal services to a private company is in a tizzy after the contractor failed to perform during Utah's first major winter storm earlier this week.
HOT SPRINGS, Arkansas - The Hot Springs Board of Directors has approved a measure to only televise a portion of its regular meetings despite opposition from the city's mayor.
LINCOLN, Nebraska - A lawyer in the Sarpy County attorney's office has been named to a county court judgeship in eastern Nebraska.
DECATUR, Georgia - A judge said Thursday that he needs more information and time to decide the case of a group of young people who were brought to the U.S. illegally as children and want the Georgia university system to grant them in-state tuition.
VATICAN CITY - Pope Francis has responded to complaints that he has largely ignored the clerical sex abuse scandal by assembling a panel of experts to advise the Holy See on protecting children from pedophiles and helping abuse victims heal.
ATLANTIC CITY, New Jersey - An Atlantic City councilman faces a charge of obstructing the law after officers responding to a report of a fight say they found him wearing a shirt from a policeman's uniform.
OKLAHOMA CITY - A Republican state senator from Yukon says he won't seek re-election to his Senate seat in 2014.
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - A massive federal complex in south Kansas City will be demolished beginning in 2016, essentially ending a federal government presence that began with supplying engines for warplanes during World War II.
TORONTO - Toronto Mayor Rob Ford denied allegations in newly released court documents that he offered $5,000 and a car to suspected drug dealers in exchange for a video that appears to show him smoking crack.
OXFORD, Alabama - Terri Baker worries that Oxford's push to close all drug rehabilitation facilities operating in the city will hurt people who need help overcoming their addictions.