- NY Senate boss, charged in corruption case, claims innocence Updated: May-05-15 12:32 am
NEW YORK - The leader of the New York Senate was arrested Monday on charges including extortion and soliciting bribes after investigators looking into the awarding of a $12 million contract to a company that hired his son said they captured him on wiretaps boasting of his power.
- Closings set after ex-officer testifies in drug squad case Updated: May-04-15 5:43 pm
PHILADELPHIA - A former Philadelphia police officer took one for the team as he sparred with a federal prosecutor on the final day of testimony in a narcotics squad corruption trial.
- Airport contract worker charged with making terrorist threat Updated: May-03-15 3:23 pm
SYRACUSE, New York - Police say a contract worker at Syracuse Hancock International Airport has been charged with making a terrorist threat after co-workers said he threatened to get a gun and "kill everybody."
- Bullhead City man is accused of making threatening calls Updated: May-01-15 7:16 pm
BULLHEAD CITY, Arizona - Authorities in northwestern Arizona say a man is accused of making threatening phone calls to Bullhead City officials.
- Woman pleads guilty to beating a mother as toddler watched Updated: Apr-30-15 6:15 pm
SALEM, New Jersey - A woman accused of savagely beating a mother in front of her young child last year has pleaded guilty to aggravated assault charges.
- Former judge who bilked legal clients pleads guilty Updated: Apr-30-15 3:20 pm
TRENTON, New Jersey - A former city judge in Trenton has admitted stealing more than $17,000 from immigrant legal clients by showing them fake letters she said were from a department of labor case worker.
- Casper man pleads guilty to blackmailing girl for sex Updated: Apr-30-15 10:04 am
CASPER, Wyoming - A Casper man pleaded guilty to threatening to share an inappropriate photo of a girl unless she had sex with him.
- Oklahoma man arrested on 58 complaints of sexual abuse Updated: Apr-30-15 7:38 am
OKLAHOMA CITY - An Oklahoma City man accused of 58 complaints of sexual abuse of a child has been arrested.
- Georgia man accused of making fake, threatening 911 calls Updated: Apr-30-15 6:35 am
BUFORD, Georgia - A Georgia man has been charged with making multiple phony and sometimes threatening calls to 911.
- China closes major business news website in extortion case Updated: Apr-30-15 5:14 am
BEIJING - Authorities ordered one of China's most prominent business news websites to close Thursday after its managers were accused of extorting money from companies with threats of negative coverage.
- Man abducts ex-girlfriend, threatens to cut off her head Updated: Apr-30-15 3:53 am
OCALA, Florida - Florida Highway Patrol officers have arrested a man who they say abducted his ex-girlfriend and threatened to cut off her head and slaughter her family.
- Man accused of threatening to kill Boehner pleads not guilty Updated: Apr-29-15 5:41 pm
CINCINNATI - A former Cincinnati-area bartender charged with threatening to kill House Speaker John Boehner pleaded not guilty Wednesday in federal court after being found competent to stand trial.
- Alabama DB Cyrus Jones arrested on domestic violence charges Updated: Apr-29-15 4:23 pm
TUSCALOOSA, Alabama - Alabama cornerback Cyrus Jones was arrested on domestic violence charges for allegedly damaging a woman's cellphone and threatening her.
- Woman accused of making death threats against police online Updated: Apr-29-15 7:10 am
EAST POINT, Georgia - A woman accused of making death threats on a social media site against police officers has been put in jail.
- Cash handoffs, extortion fuel Mediterranean trafficking Updated: Apr-27-15 1:53 pm
PALERMO, Sicily - Fleeing war, persecution and poverty, migrants desperate to reach Europe are paying thousands of dollars apiece to become pawns in a multimillion-dollar trafficking network that stretches from the Sahara to Sweden.
- 16-year-old allegedly threatened to shoot up school or mall Updated: Apr-27-15 12:35 pm
SIERRA VISTA, Arizona - A 16-year-old boy later described as "bored" was detained after he allegedly threatened gun violence at a Sierra Vista mall or school.
- Cops: Pa. slay suspect says victim threatened to shoot him Updated: Apr-27-15 8:25 am
BRADDOCK HILLS, Pennsylvania - The suspect in a stabbing that left a 63-year-old man dead in western Pennsylvania tells police he did it after the victim had threatened to shoot him.
- Florida man jailed on IRS bomb threat charge Updated: Apr-26-15 3:04 am
MIAMI - A South Florida man who told the FBI his name is "Squirrel" is charged with threatening to blow up the Internal Revenue Service building in Miami.
- Va. deputy sheriff seeks dismissal of defunct bar's claims Updated: Apr-24-15 12:23 pm
RICHMOND, Virginia - A deputy sheriff has asked a federal judge to dismiss claims that he participated in an illegal cash payment scheme that led to the closure of a southeast Virginia bar.
- Philadelphia Ironworkers union agent gets 8 years in prison Updated: Apr-23-15 4:53 pm
PHILADELPHIA - A top official at an ironworkers' union was sentenced on Thursday to eight years in prison in what federal prosecutors say was a campaign of violence and intimidation to coerce building contractors into hiring his workers over non-union competition.
- Man accused of posting explicit photos of woman on poles Updated: Apr-23-15 4:18 pm
TRENTON, New Jersey - A Trenton man has been charged with extortion after police say he posted sexually explicit photos of a former girlfriend on city utility poles.
- Seattle nursing student held after bomb threats Updated: Apr-22-15 10:37 am
SEATTLE - A 26-year-old Seattle University nursing student accused of leaving notes threatening to bomb campus buildings has been ordered held in lieu of $50,000 bail.
- Man gets 18 years in threatening to post teen's nude photos Updated: Apr-22-15 4:37 am
PLATTE CITY, Missouri - A Kansas City man must serve 18 years in prison after admitting to threatening to post nude photos of a 16-year-old girl he met online if she wouldn't have sex with him.
- Iowa man accused of threatening to shoot co-worker Updated: Apr-21-15 3:49 pm
COUNCIL BLUFFS, Iowa - A 52-year-old man has been accused of threatening to shoot a co-worker at a western Iowa jerky plant.
- AC/DC drummer Phil Rudd pleads guilty to threatening to kill Updated: Apr-21-15 8:20 am
TAURANGA, New Zealand - AC/DC drummer Phil Rudd pleaded guilty in a New Zealand court Tuesday to a charge of threatening to kill a man who used to work for him. He also pleaded guilty to possessing methamphetamine and marijuana.