- Court docs: Toronto mayor tried obtaining tape Updated: Dec-04-13 10:40 pm
- Celebrity chef Nigella Lawson admits cocaine use Updated: Dec-04-13 3:02 pm
- Guilty verdict for Pa. chief over playground fund Updated: Dec-03-13 6:20 pm
- Not guilty plea for Colorado man in teens' deaths Updated: Dec-03-13 2:40 pm
- Ganim heads to Conn. Supreme Court for law license Updated: Dec-03-13 1:12 pm
- Ex-Social Security agent sentenced in extortion Updated: Dec-02-13 5:29 pm
- Hudson man accused of making online threats Updated: Nov-30-13 5:14 pm
- NJ police: Thanksgiving snub led to machete threat Updated: Nov-30-13 1:13 pm
- Newspaper: Video can't back up Ark. police threat Updated: Nov-28-13 11:07 am
- Wis. man accused of threatening to shoot president Updated: Nov-27-13 2:09 pm
- Police: Iowa man threatened to shoot neighbors Updated: Nov-26-13 11:56 am
- Ex-flight attendant sentenced for bomb threats Updated: Nov-25-13 6:17 pm
- Man pleads guilty to racist threats against coach Updated: Nov-25-13 4:58 pm
- Ex-youth pastor in Va. pleads guilty to embezzling Updated: Nov-25-13 11:22 am
- Iowan accused of making threats to shoot officer Updated: Nov-25-13 8:34 am
- Former Ariz. prison guard faces extortion charges Updated: Nov-23-13 2:13 pm
- Police say NY teen made bomb threats on Facebook Updated: Nov-23-13 11:19 am
- Columbia police search for suspect in 9 crimes Updated: Nov-22-13 11:07 am
- Ky. high court rejects ex-judge's reinstatement Updated: Nov-21-13 11:52 am
- Minn. jury convicts man of terrorizing neighbors Updated: Nov-21-13 10:53 am
- Okla. man won't face charges in prison escape case Updated: Nov-20-13 12:10 pm
- Student accused of assaulting teacher Updated: Nov-20-13 7:25 am
- Neb. police detain man threatening to jump bridge Updated: Nov-19-13 5:53 pm
- Ex-sheriff's deputy sentenced for extortion Updated: Nov-19-13 4:23 pm
- Man gets year in prison for extorting professor Updated: Nov-18-13 6:14 pm
TORONTO - New court documents released Wednesday suggest Toronto Mayor Rob Ford may have offered $5,000 and a car to suspected drug dealers in exchange for a video that appears to show him smoking crack.
LONDON - Celebrity chef Nigella Lawson admitted in court Wednesday that she had taken cocaine, but denied being a habitual user. She accused her ex-husband of trying to "destroy" her, during a lacerating day of testimony that laid bare a materially affluent but deeply troubled marriage.
LEWISBURG, Pennsylvania - A jury has found a central Pennsylvania police chief guilty of theft by extortion for telling motorists they could avoid traffic fines if they made donations to a borough playground fund.
BRIGHTON, Colorado - A man accused of killing two 16-year-old boys after friends say the boys tried to blackmail him has pleaded not guilty in Colorado.
HARTFORD, Connecticut - As former Bridgeport Mayor Joseph Ganim seeks to win back his law license, a decision by the state Supreme Court could turn on whether he's shown remorse for the corruption that led to his conviction and imprisonment.
ATLANTA - Federal prosecutors say a former Social Security claims representative has been sentenced to a year and one day in prison on extortion charges.
RIVERTON, Wyoming - A 55-year-old Hudson man is accused of making online threats against law enforcement and government officials.
NEW MILFORD, New Jersey - Authorities say a northern New Jersey man used a machete to threaten a family who excluded him and his son from their Thanksgiving Day celebrations.
FORT SMITH, Arkansas - A murder suspect's claim that police threatened to let him die from a gunshot wound unless he confessed to killing a Fort Smith woman is not backed up by a videotape obtained by a newspaper.
MADISON, Wisconsin - Federal agents have arrested an elderly Wisconsin man after he allegedly threatened to shoot President Barack Obama.
IOWA CITY, Iowa - An Iowa City man has been charged with harassment after his neighbors say he threatened to shoot them over a $50 debt.
LOS ANGELES - A former United Airlines flight attendant who made phony bomb threats against jetliners has been sentenced to 18 months in federal prison.
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - A Nashville man has pleaded guilty to a federal hate crime for making racially motivated threats to an African-American assistant football coach at a high school.
HANOVER, Virginia - A former youth minister in Hanover County faces up to 20 years in prison after pleading guilty to embezzlement.
CHARLES CITY, Iowa - A 32-year-old Marble Rock man remains in Floyd County Jail, accused of making threatening 911 calls about shooting a police officer.
PHOENIX - A former officer with the Arizona Department of Corrections is facing felony extortion charges.
PORT EWEN, New York - Police say a teenager from New York's Hudson Valley has been arrested for making bomb threats through a hacked Facebook account.
COLUMBIA, Missouri - Columbia police say one man might be responsible for up to nine crimes including one rape and other incidents where the man crawled into bed with women before being frightened away.
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - A former eastern Kentucky judge who served time in federal prison for trading a lenient sentence for prescription lost a bid Thursday to have his law license reinstated.
THIEF RIVER FALLS, Minnesota - A northwestern Minnesota man faces prison time after he was convicted for terrorizing and attempting to coerce $500,000 from his neighbors in the Thief River Falls area.
OKLAHOMA CITY - Prosecutors say an Oklahoma City man won't face charges after an investigation into an inmate who escaped from a Maryland prison and turned himself into police earlier this month.
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - Sheriff's deputies say a 17-year-old high school student has been arrested for allegedly threatening to blow up Northeast High School as well as a faculty member's vehicle.
OMAHA, Nebraska - Omaha police have detained a man who threatened to jump off a bridge onto Interstate 80.
CHICAGO - A former Cook County sheriff's deputy has been sentenced to 2 1/2 years in prison for his role in a protection racket that also involved his son.
HOUSTON - A Louisiana man was sentenced to a year in prison Monday for running an extortion scheme that authorities believe led a Texas A&M University professor to commit suicide by jumping to his death from a campus parking garage.