- Ex-Augusta fire marshal accused of accepting money from club Updated: Feb-09-16 5:08 am
AUGUSTA, Georgia - A trial has begun against a former Augusta fire marshal accused of accepting bribes to not enforce fire safety measures at a nightclub.
- Iowa man convicted of threatening judges sentenced to prison Updated: Feb-08-16 3:57 am
IOWA FALLS, Iowa - An Iowa Falls man accused of threatening to cut the throats of judges in Eldora during a call to an office of the U.S. Department of Justice in Washington, D.C., has been sentenced to 18 months in prison.
- Authorities: Man takes wife hostage, shoots at police Updated: Feb-06-16 5:01 pm
JERSEY CITY, New Jersey - A man who allegedly took his wife hostage, threatened to kill her and shot at police during a standoff at a Jersey City apartment is now in custody.
- Decision on contentious Snowbird expansion again delayed Updated: Feb-06-16 1:24 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - A Utah County board is again waiting to make a decision on a Snowbird ski resort expansion into American Fork Canyon following a contentious meeting about whether the project could stir up old mine waste.
- Man pleads guilty to $190K insurance fraud scheme, extortion Updated: Feb-05-16 4:17 am
HARTFORD, Connecticut - A bookmaker has pleaded guilty to charges he shot a gambler with a stun gun and tried to burn down a restaurant in a $190,000 insurance fraud scheme in Hartford.
- Snowmass chef accused threatening to stab server Updated: Feb-04-16 12:02 pm
SNOWMASS VILLAGE, Colorado - A chef at a restaurant on Snowmass Mountain has been accused of threatening to stab a waiter who delivered food to the wrong table.
- American accused of running over Aruba female cab driver Updated: Feb-03-16 4:22 pm
ORANJESTAD, Aruba - An American real estate worker has been arrested on suspicion of beating, running over and threatening to rape a 70-year-old female taxi driver in the Dutch Caribbean island of Aruba.
- Sacramento college student accused of making Snapchat threat Updated: Feb-02-16 8:18 am
SACRAMENTO, California - A Sacramento community college student has been arrested on suspicion of making threats on social media.
- Suit: Jail guard offered extra privileges to extort sex acts Updated: Feb-02-16 5:45 am
PITTSBURGH - A former inmate has filed a lawsuit against a fired Pittsburgh jail guard saying he repeatedly sexually assaulted her.
- 3 officials file appeals against life bans in IAAF case Updated: Feb-01-16 9:17 am
LAUSANNE, Switzerland - Three athletics officials banned for life by the IAAF for bribery and extortion to cover up a Russian doping case have appealed to sport's highest court.
- LAPD detective charged in false assault report against ex Updated: Jan-28-16 7:47 pm
LOS ANGELES - A Los Angeles police detective was arrested Thursday on charges she filed a false sexual assault report against a man she had been dating after meeting online.
- Man accused of posting online threats against Chester police Updated: Jan-28-16 6:27 am
CHESTER, Pennsylvania - Authorities have accused a man of posting online threats targeting police officers in Chester.
- Richland man arrested after standoff for death threats Updated: Jan-28-16 4:03 am
RICHLAND, Washington - Authorities say they have arrested a man who allegedly threatened to shoot children and police after an hourslong standoff in a Richland neighborhood.
- Man with felony warrant arrested after standoff with hostage Updated: Jan-27-16 9:59 pm
PORT ANGELES, Washington - Sheriff's deputies arrested a man near Port Angeles after a standoff involving a hostage ended peacefully about six hours later.
- Anchorage police arrest armed man after morning stand-off Updated: Jan-27-16 7:20 pm
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - A 28-year-old Anchorage man with knives who at one point charged police was subdued after apparently stabbing himself in the neck.
- University of Missouri threat suspect pleads not guilty Updated: Jan-27-16 7:09 pm
COLUMBIA, Missouri - A 20-year-old man accused of making online threats against black students and faculty at the University of Missouri's Columbia campus has pleaded not guilty plea.
- Chester high school student accused of posting online threat Updated: Jan-27-16 7:25 am
CHESTER, Pennsylvania - Police say a 17-year-old girl made an online threat to attack fellow students at schools in Chester.
- Man accused of threatening mosque takes plea deal Updated: Jan-26-16 9:08 pm
TAMPA, Florida - A Florida man accused of threatening to firebomb a mosque last fall has accepted a plea agreement.
- Convicted ex-NY state Senate leader seeks new trial Updated: Jan-26-16 7:28 am
NEW YORK - Ex-New York state Senate majority leader Dean Skelos and his son are seeking a new trial six weeks after they were convicted of federal corruption charges.
- Judge shooting reveals gaps in threats against court system Updated: Jan-24-16 1:27 pm
AUSTIN, Texas - The shooting of a Texas judge in the driveway of her Austin home has exposed inconsistences statewide over how threats against the court system are handled and whether judges are made aware of potential danger, a newspaper reported Sunday.
- Police: Kendall Man who threatened to shoot boss arrested Updated: Jan-23-16 3:44 pm
KENDALL, Florida - Police say a Kendall man pledged "allegiance to Allah" and vowed to dress like the comic-book villain Joker before gunning down co-workers.
- Yankton man who threatened officers sentenced to 25 years Updated: Jan-22-16 4:17 pm
YANKTON, South Dakota - A Yankton man involved in an officer-involved shooting last year has been sentenced to 25 years in the state penitentiary.
- Chinese journalist who defected is missing from Thailand Updated: Jan-22-16 11:33 am
BEIJING - A Chinese journalist who said he was fed up with a life as a government informant and fled China last year has been missing from Thailand since Jan. 11, his wife said Friday, raising concerns he might have been abducted by Chinese agents.
- Man accused of threatening lawmakers in 2012 enters plea Updated: Jan-22-16 7:08 am
FLINT, Michigan - A Flint man who authorities say threatened to kill three lawmakers from Michigan in 2012 has entered a plea agreement in the case.
- Movie theater sues Idaho police over 'Fifty Shades' flap Updated: Jan-21-16 3:29 pm
BOISE, Idaho - A movie theater is suing the Idaho State Police for threatening to revoke the theater's liquor license because it served alcohol while showing "Fifty Shades of Grey."