- Lobbyist agrees to plead guilty in traffic-cameras scandal Updated: Oct-02-15 2:18 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - An Ohio lobbyist has agreed to plead guilty to extortion in a scandal involving the bribery of Columbus public officials by a traffic-camera company trying to keep its contracts with the city.
- Ohio police detective accused of drug trafficking, extortion Updated: Oct-02-15 7:07 am
MOUNT VERNON, Ohio - The FBI says it has arrested an Ohio police detective accused of drug trafficking and extortion.
- Woman charged with parents in alleged extortion plot dies Updated: Oct-02-15 6:15 am
ROMULUS, Michigan - A Detroit-area woman has died, months after she was charged with her parents in an alleged scheme to extort more than $2 million from a Detroit-area businessman whom she met in a strip club.
- Cleveland police officer faces charges for extortion Updated: Oct-01-15 9:53 am
JACKSON, Mississippi - A Cleveland police officer has been arrested and charged with one count of extortion by a public official.
- Teamsters members charged with extorting 'Top Chef' staff Updated: Sep-30-15 5:57 pm
BOSTON - Five members of a Teamsters local accused of intimidating the staff and crew of "Top Chef" while it was filmed in Boston last year were indicted Wednesday on federal extortion charges.
- FBI investigates bomb threats against several Ohio schools Updated: Sep-30-15 7:18 am
WEST CHESTER, Ohio - Federal agents are investigating several bomb threats made last week against Ohio schools.
- Inmate charged with sending suspicious powder to TV stations Updated: Sep-26-15 6:11 am
COLUMBUS, Ohio - A central Ohio grand jury has indicted an Ohio prison inmate on charges he sent white powder purported to be anthrax in letters to TV stations and a state agency.
- Wichita teen arrested after threats against student, school Updated: Sep-25-15 2:43 am
WICHITA, Kansas - A North Wichita High School student has been arrested after police say he made threats of shooting another student and gun violence at another Wichita high school.
- Man charged with making threats against Detroit-area judge Updated: Sep-24-15 8:38 pm
MOUNT CLEMENS, Michigan - A man has been charged with making bomb and death threats against a Macomb County judge.
- Wife: Man who killed deputy made threats 2 days earlier Updated: Sep-24-15 1:53 pm
SHALIMAR, Florida - A man who fatally shot a sheriff's deputy threatened to put someone "in a coffin" if his wife called police after he physically abused her, the woman wrote in a request for a restraining order filed one day before the shooting.
- Jurors indict Kansas man accused of threatening lawyer Updated: Sep-24-15 12:53 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - Federal grand jurors have indicted a Kansas man who's accused of threatening to "bash in" the head of a lawyer.
- 15-year-old boy made 13 shooter, bomb threats toward schools Updated: Sep-24-15 8:18 am
LANCASTER, Pennsylvania - Police have charged a 15-year-old boy with calling in 13 false "active shooter" and bomb threats to several schools in central Pennsylvania earlier this month.
- Student arrested after threat against El Dorado High School Updated: Sep-24-15 3:08 am
EL DORADO, Kansas - An El Dorado student has been arrested in connection to threats that were made against the school on social media.
- Prosecutor: New Jersey teen made online threat against Obama Updated: Sep-22-15 5:02 pm
HACKENSACK, New Jersey - A New Jersey teenager stands accused of making online threats against President Barack Obama and the White House.
- Indictment: Man stalked teen girls online, blackmailed them Updated: Sep-21-15 2:14 pm
TRENTON, New Jersey - A man stalked girls online and blackmailed them into sending him sexually explicit photos or exposing themselves on a webcam, state authorities said Monday.
- Police: Boy, 16, threatened officers in Snapchat post Updated: Sep-18-15 10:43 am
CENTRAL FALLS, Rhode Island - Police say a 16-year-old Central Falls boy posted a photo of himself with a gun on social media and threatened to harm officers.
- Ex-Chicago cop accused of threats released on bond Updated: Sep-15-15 7:14 pm
CHICAGO - A retired Chicago police officer accused of making phone calls threatening to hurt investigators of an Illinois officer's fatal shooting unless they declared the death a suicide was released from jail Tuesday after posting bond, a sheriff's official and his lawyer said.
- Portland man accused of threatening to kill teachers Updated: Sep-13-15 4:19 pm
PORTLAND, Oregon - Oregon authorities have arrested a man who posted a threat on the Internet suggesting he planned to kill former teachers at two Christian schools he attended.
- Police: Long Island school custodian threatened teacher Updated: Sep-11-15 1:56 pm
EAST NORWICH, New York - Police have arrested a Long Island school custodian on a charge of making a terroristic threat.
- Providence man convicted of threatening to kill relative Updated: Sep-11-15 8:01 am
WAKEFIELD, Rhode Island - A Providence man has been placed on probation after he was found guilty of threatening to kill a relative in Richmond.
- Georgia woman accused of death threat against congressman Updated: Sep-11-15 6:44 am
ATHENS, Georgia - Authorities say a northeast Georgia woman is in federal custody after prosecutors say she threatened to kill U.S. Rep. Doug Collins, a Georgia Republican.
- Ohio man sentenced for threatening letter to President Obama Updated: Sep-10-15 3:17 am
COLUMBUS, Ohio - A Columbus man suffering from a long-term mental illness was sentenced to serve four years in prison for threatening to kill President Barack Obama in 2013.
- Ex-State Dept worker pleads not guilty in cyberstalking case Updated: Sep-09-15 12:09 pm
ATLANTA - A former U.S. State Department employee accused of sending threatening emails to college-aged women from his computer at the U.S. Embassy in London pleaded not guilty Wednesday to federal charges.
- Family of man fatally shot by Eugene police plan lawsuit Updated: Sep-09-15 4:55 am
EUGENE, Oregon - The family of a 49-year-old military veteran who was fatally shot by a Eugene police officer has hired a lawyer and is threatening to file a wrongful-death lawsuit.
- New Jersey Transit staffer gets prison term for extortion Updated: Sep-08-15 1:04 pm
NEWARK, New Jersey - A New Jersey Transit staffer has been sentenced to three years in prison for accepting money from vendors in return for helping them get work with the agency.