- Man who made threats against President Obama jailed Updated: May-23-15 5:29 pm
ATTLEBORO, Massachusetts - A Massachusetts man accused of threatening to kill President Barack Obama has been sent to jail.
- Cops: Man said he'd shoot road workers who wanted car moved Updated: May-22-15 8:34 am
SCRANTON, Pennsylvania - Police say a Pennsylvania man threatened to get a gun and shoot highway workers who were telling him to move his car.
- Prosecutors: Minnesota men who tried to join IS made threats Updated: May-22-15 12:22 am
MINNEAPOLIS - One Minnesota man accused of trying to travel to Syria to join the Islamic State group told an informant he'd kill FBI agents if they tried to stop him, while another told friends he'd "spit on America" at the U.S.-Mexico border, according to a document filed Thursday by prosecutors.
- Indiana man faces more charges in Facebook threat case Updated: May-21-15 5:03 pm
LAFAYETTE, Indiana - A federal grand jury has issued a second indictment with more charges against an Indiana man accused of threatening to blow up a courthouse and kill judges in a Facebook posting.
- Judge to consider dismissing online threats case Updated: May-21-15 11:29 am
KALISPELL, Montana - A judge is hearing arguments in June to dismiss charges against a man police say made online threats to schools and religious leaders, then stocked up on guns at his home.
- Police arrest man suspected of threatening to kill officers Updated: May-21-15 9:26 am
SACRAMENTO, California - A man is in custody after police say he made threats to kill officers and blow up a high school and a mall in Roseville, a city about 20 miles northeast of Sacramento.
- Man gets 6 years for trading sex for fixed drug tests Updated: May-21-15 5:05 am
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - A blood tech who made passes at women in return for fixing their drug test results has been sentenced to six years in prison.
- Woman arrested after bomb threat prompts LA evacuations Updated: May-20-15 7:49 pm
LOS ANGELES - Police have arrested a woman who they say made a bomb threat, prompting two buildings to be evacuated and streets to be closed in a bustling area of downtown Los Angeles.
- Convicted of extortion, 2 Clarksville attorneys suspended Updated: May-20-15 10:42 am
CLARKSVILLE, Tennessee - Two Clarksville attorneys found guilty of trying to extort $50,000 from a client have been suspended from practicing law by the Supreme Court of Tennessee.
- Man wrongly imprisoned for nearly 40 years sues detectives Updated: May-19-15 2:41 pm
CLEVELAND - A man who spent nearly 40 years in prison for a murder he did not commit filed a federal lawsuit on Tuesday against the city of Cleveland and the police officers whom he says helped frame him in 1975.
- Police say South Jordan man threatened officers with rifle Updated: May-18-15 9:36 am
SOUTH JORDAN, Utah - Police officers were able to reach a peaceful resolution with a South Jordan man holding a high-powered rifle who allegedly threatened to shoot officers.
- Cobb compares pricey judicial races to legalized extortion Updated: May-16-15 2:04 pm
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - The phones rang. The donations flowed.
- Man accused of plotting to extort or harm real estate mogul Updated: May-15-15 5:14 pm
PHOENIX - A Scottsdale man has been arrested for allegedly trying to hire undercover police detectives to extort or harm a real estate mogul who won a $1.2 million lawsuit against him, authorities said Friday.
- Shooting victim's cousin acquitted of threat to Ohio officer Updated: May-14-15 2:49 pm
CLEVELAND - A relative of a woman killed in a hail of Cleveland police gunfire has been acquitted of threatening to kill the patrolman who's on trial in the shooting.
- Conviction affirmed in case of threat against Rep. Miller Updated: May-14-15 4:05 am
SHELBY TOWNSHIP, Michigan - An appeals court says there's nothing wrong with using testimony from non-experts to convict a man of sending a threatening letter to U.S. Rep. Candice Miller.
- Iowa City man accused of threatening to shoot police Updated: May-13-15 12:03 pm
IOWA CITY, Iowa - Authorities have arrested an Iowa City man accused of writing a post on Facebook in which he threatened to shoot white police officers.
- SWAT team summoned to Wallowa dispute; woman, son secured Updated: May-12-15 5:47 pm
ENTERPRISE, Oregon - Authorities worried that violence might result from a domestic dispute in a Wallowa Mountains community called in an Oregon State Police SWAT team, but secured a woman and her son before the team could get into action.
- Wife of Indiana judge charged with sending him threats Updated: May-12-15 5:28 pm
BLOOMINGTON, Indiana - The wife of an Indiana Court of Appeals judge is accused of sending her husband threatening messages in a scheme to make it appear that their son-in-law was terrorizing the family.
- Man pleads guilty to threatening federal judge's life Updated: May-12-15 4:08 pm
HONOLULU - A man who served federal prison time for burglary pleaded guilty Tuesday to threatening the life of the Honolulu judge who sentenced him.
- Maine man sentenced to 9 years for child porn, extortion Updated: May-11-15 5:31 pm
PORTLAND, Maine - Federal prosecutors say a Westbrook man will spend nine years in prison for transporting child pornography and making extortion threats.
- Oceanside teen accused of making school shooting threat Updated: May-09-15 2:17 pm
OCEANSIDE, California - Authorities say replica guns and body armor were found in the bedroom of a San Diego County teen arrested on suspicion of making a written threat of a shooting at an Oceanside high school.
- Oklahoma man convicted of running 'revenge porn' website Updated: May-08-15 5:47 pm
NAPA, California - An Oklahoma man was convicted in California on Friday of running a website for so-called "revenge porn" and trying to extort money from victims who wanted explicit photographs of themselves taken down.
- Sheriff: Man made bomb threats to avoid jury verdict Updated: May-08-15 8:29 am
GULFPORT, Mississippi - A Gulfport man has been charged with calling in a bomb threat at the Harrison County Courthouse in April just before a verdict was to be handed down in a gun possession case.
- Standoff in Sioux Falls ends peacefully with man's surrender Updated: May-08-15 7:20 am
SIOUX FALLS, South Dakota - Sioux Falls police have a man in custody after a three-hour standoff at an apartment building.
- Police: Boy threatened to harm people at high school Updated: May-07-15 8:35 pm
TOWNSEND, Massachusetts - Police in northern Massachusetts say they have arrested a boy who threatened to use a weapon to harm people at North Middlesex Regional High School in Townsend.