- San Diego man pleads guilty to threatening Muslim group Updated: Aug-04-15 7:38 pm
SAN DIEGO - A San Diego man accused of leaving a threatening voice mail at the office of a Muslim civil rights organization pleaded guilty Tuesday to felony charges.
- St. Bernard Parish president indicted on 22 counts Updated: Aug-04-15 6:50 pm
CHALMETTE, Louisiana - St. Bernard Parish President Dave Peralta has been indicted by a grand jury on 22 counts tied to accusations that he stalked and threatened his ex-wife.
- More jail time imposed for threatening letter to president Updated: Aug-04-15 6:17 pm
PITTSBURGH - A western Pennsylvania man serving time in molestation case is now facing 15 more months behind bars for a threatening letter to the president that authorities said was sent to the wrong address.
- Detroit-area man arrested in the torture, extortion attempt Updated: Aug-03-15 5:36 pm
ROSEVILLE, Michigan - A suburban Detroit man has been arrested after a business associate was held captive and assaulted during an attempt to get $14,000.
- Ames police warning of phone scam targeting ISU students Updated: Aug-01-15 1:25 pm
AMES, Iowa - Police in Ames are warning of a phone scam targeting Iowa State University students.
- No bail for man charged with trying to join Islamic State Updated: Jul-31-15 3:50 pm
BUFFALO, New York - Arafat Nagi had made an oath to the Islamic State group, outfitted himself to fight and had a one-way ticket to the Middle East at the time of his arrest, federal authorities said Friday.
- Police: Man arrested for comments about storming courthouse Updated: Jul-31-15 2:43 pm
WICHITA, Kansas - Authorities say a man has been arrested for allegedly threatening to storm the Sedgwick County Courthouse and kill law enforcement officers if a man on trial for murder was found guilty.
- Former police officer indicted on theft, extortion charges Updated: Jul-30-15 3:56 pm
PRATTVILLE, Alabama - A former police officer accused of stealing prescription medication from a pharmacy has been indicted by an Autauga County grand jury.
- Ex-NY Senate leader heading to trial on corruption charges Updated: Jul-30-15 1:40 pm
NEW YORK - A former state Senate leader is set to go to trial this fall on charges he sold his office for the sake of his adult son.
- Sen. Cruz takes on more traditional GOP target: the IRS Updated: Jul-29-15 6:01 pm
WASHINGTON - After a week of fighting with other Republicans, Sen. Ted Cruz took on a more traditional GOP target Wednesday: the IRS.
- Suspect in teen kidnapping accused of threatening prosecutor Updated: Jul-29-15 4:06 pm
OSSIPEE, New Hampshire - The man accused of kidnapping a 14-year-old girl and raping her over the course of nine months was indicted on new charges that he threatened the lead prosecutor in the case.
- Security checkpoint extortion costs Ivory Coast millions Updated: Jul-29-15 1:41 pm
DAKAR, Senegal - Extortion at security checkpoints is costing Ivory Coast millions each year despite government steps to eradicate the practice, a rights group said Wednesday.
- Tempe man gets 2 years of probation in sex extortion case Updated: Jul-28-15 3:59 pm
PHOENIX - A Tempe man who pleaded guilty to computer tampering with sexual motivation has been sentenced to two years of supervised probation.
- Casper man gets probation for blackmailing girl for sex Updated: Jul-24-15 8:29 am
CASPER, Wyoming - A Casper man has been sentenced to supervised probation for blackmailing a 17-year-old girl for sex.
- S. Korea man arrested over alleged death threat on US envoy Updated: Jul-24-15 5:47 am
SEOUL, South Korea - South Korean police said Friday that they had arrested a 33-year-old jobless man for allegedly making an online threat to kill the U.S. ambassador in Seoul.
- Officials: Harrisburg judge forced employees to donate money Updated: Jul-24-15 5:34 am
HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania - A judge in Pennsylvania's capital city faces extortion and other charges after officials say he demanded campaign donations from his employees.
- Man accused of threatening to bomb Springfield church Updated: Jul-23-15 9:29 am
SPRINGFIELD, Missouri - A southwestern Missouri man is accused of threatening to blow up a church and kill everyone in the congregation.
- Grenade explodes at circus in Peru, wounding 11 people Updated: Jul-22-15 6:43 pm
LIMA, Peru - Peruvian authorities say someone exploded a grenade at a circus performance and the blast wounded 11 people, including clowns and members of the public.
- Jury picked for trial into jail-based threats against water Updated: Jul-21-15 11:05 am
HOLLIDAYSBURG, Pennsylvania - A jury has been picked for next month's trial of a central Pennsylvania man charged with using a prison computer to email threats to bomb the county courthouse and disrupt the local water supply.
- Madison man charged with making bomb threat at state Capitol Updated: Jul-21-15 6:56 am
MADISON, Wisconsin - A 55-year-old Madison man has been charged in connection with a bomb threat that led to an evacuation at the state Capitol and delayed debate on the Wisconsin budget.
- New York man arrested in threatening hoax calls Updated: Jul-20-15 9:22 pm
FLAGSTAFF, Arizona - A New York man suspected of placing numerous threatening phone calls to Flagstaff, Arizona, schools has been arrested.
- Chicago-area man accused of threatening Emanuel, others Updated: Jul-20-15 9:18 pm
CHICAGO - A driver for a ride-sharing service used his Facebook page to threaten Chicago Mayor Rahm Emanuel and others, hinting that he hoped to commit an act of violence before traveling to Pakistan, according to a recently unsealed federal complaint.
- Homeless man arrested for Newport News bomb threats Updated: Jul-17-15 10:42 am
NEWPORT NEWS, Virginia - Police have arrested a homeless man for making bomb threats to three courthouses in Newport News.
- Armed man making threats causes hospital to take precautions Updated: Jul-17-15 7:07 am
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - Police say it was a man armed with a knife who was making threats that caused a lockdown at a St. Paul hospital.
- Indictment links 2 rappers to shots into Lil Wayne's buses Updated: Jul-16-15 5:23 pm
MARIETTA, Georgia - A man charged with shooting into Lil Wayne's tour buses on a Georgia highway called cellphones linked to rappers Young Thug and Birdman before and after the gunfire, according to an indictment in the case.