- Mom acquitted of charges of threatening to bomb school Updated: May-05-16 3:48 pm
NEW YORK - A New York City mother has been acquitted of charges that she threated to bomb her daughter's school last year.
- 24-year sentence for Tennessee man in human trafficking case Updated: May-04-16 4:52 pm
NEW ORLEANS - The U.S. Justice Department says a Tennessee man who pleaded guilty in a human trafficking case has been sentenced to 24½ years in prison by a federal judge in New Orleans.
- Teen charged in fire that killed NY cop denies setting blaze Updated: May-03-16 8:58 pm
NEW YORK - A teenager charged in a 2014 mattress fire in Brooklyn that killed a police officer and severely injured another officer has denied setting the fire, saying he confessed to the crime to protect his family.
- Lawsuit accusing Maine governor of blackmail is dismissed Updated: May-03-16 7:11 pm
PORTLAND, Maine - A federal judge on Tuesday dismissed a lawsuit accusing Republican Gov. Paul LePage of using blackmail to force a charter school operator to rescind a job offer to a political opponent, a flap that roiled the Legislature and led to an impeachment effort.
- Aging reputed mobster gets prison time for extortion scheme Updated: May-03-16 5:24 am
BOSTON - A federal court judge made an example out of an aging reputed mobster, sentencing the 74-year-old Revere man to prison time for his role in an extortion scheme.
- Justices uphold extortion conspiracy conviction Updated: May-02-16 12:52 pm
WASHINGTON - The Supreme Court has upheld the conspiracy conviction of a former Baltimore police officer for his role in a repair shop extortion scheme.
- Illinois man charged with threatening prosecutor Updated: Apr-30-16 4:00 pm
BELLEVILLE, Illinois - A southwestern Illinois man has been charged with threatening the life of St. Clair County State's Attorney Brendan Kelly.
- Man pleads guilty in stalking case involving Joe Arpaio Updated: Apr-29-16 8:09 pm
PHOENIX - A man has pleaded guilty to charges of trying to stalk Maricopa County Sheriff Joe Arpaio last year.
- Police: Hammond teen arrested for making threat at school Updated: Apr-29-16 8:57 am
HAMMOND, Louisiana - Authorities say a 15-year-old Hammond High Magnet School student has been arrested for writing a threat on a desk.
- Medford man with pipe bombs arrested for threatening Obama Updated: Apr-29-16 2:14 am
MEDFORD, Oregon - Federal authorities have arrested a Medford man who they say made online comments threatening President Barack Obama and had several pipe bombs in his apartment.
- Man charged for threatening US Rep. Jim McDermott in Seattle Updated: Apr-28-16 7:49 pm
SEATTLE - A man is facing felony charges for allegedly threatening to cut out U.S. Rep. Jim McDermott's tongue.
- Mexico charges 4 detectives with holding foreigners Updated: Apr-28-16 5:11 pm
MEXICO CITY - A judge in Mexico has ordered two federal detectives and two ex-detectives to stand trial on charges of kidnaping for extortion for allegedly holding 15 South American women briefly to demand a bribe for not reporting them to immigration authorities.
- Police: Katt Williams charged with battery in Georgia Updated: Apr-28-16 12:52 pm
ATLANTA - Comedian and actor Katt Williams was arrested after he threw a salt shaker at a restaurant manager, police in an Atlanta suburb said Thursday.
- Former York Co. court deputy pleads guilty in blackmail case Updated: Apr-28-16 4:27 am
YORK, South Carolina - A former courthouse deputy has pleaded guilty to trying to blackmail York County Sheriff Bruce Bryant.
- Minnesota man admits lying about Islamic State contact Updated: Apr-27-16 7:17 pm
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - A Minnesota man charged with threatening to "shoot up" a drugstore pleaded guilty Wednesday to lying to the FBI about when he last contacted the Islamic State group in a separate case.
- Police: Man killed in Virginia standoff threatened suicide Updated: Apr-27-16 4:36 pm
NORFOLK, Virginia - A man who was fatally shot by snipers during a standoff last week said he was going to kill himself, threatened to kill police officers and fired eight rifle shots at an armored police vehicle, authorities said.
- Police: Juvenile arrested after threats against high school Updated: Apr-25-16 10:30 am
POCATELLO, Idaho - Police in southeastern Idaho say they've arrested a juvenile who made threats against Pocatello High School on a social website.
- Man arrested, charged with threatening to bomb Trump rally Updated: Apr-24-16 11:44 am
WATERBURY, Connecticut - A 20-year-old Connecticut man is facing charges after authorities say he tweeted out a bomb threat during a Donald Trump rally Saturday.
- Daughter says father made threats day before fatal shootings Updated: Apr-24-16 12:08 am
ATLANTA - The daughter of a northeast Georgia man suspected of shooting five people to death before killing himself says her father was a "ticking time bomb."
- NY state troopers shoot and kill man they say wielded knives Updated: Apr-23-16 11:24 am
BERNE, New York - New York state troopers have shot and killed a man they say was brandishing a pair of knives on a road in Albany County.
- Trooper who guards governor accused of beating, kicking wife Updated: Apr-22-16 7:45 pm
HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania - A Pennsylvania state trooper on the team that guards the governor was charged Friday with beating his wife and threatening to kill her during an alcohol-fueled attack after she refused to have sex with him.
- All-clear after threats prompt Michigan casino evacuation Updated: Apr-22-16 8:40 am
MOUNT PLEASANT, Michigan - The all-clear has been given after officials say threatening calls prompted the evacuation of about 2,500 people from a mid-Michigan casino and hotel.
- Former NC prison guard sentenced for extorting money, items Updated: Apr-22-16 6:56 am
RALEIGH, North Carolina - A former state correctional officer has been sentenced to four years in prison for using his position to extort money and items from prisoners.
- Deputies: Girlfriend crashes car to end kidnapping Updated: Apr-22-16 4:29 am
BIRCH BAY, Washington - Authorities say a man has been arrested on suspicion of kidnapping after his girlfriend accused him of threatening to kill her and intentionally crashed a vehicle into the wall of a Birch Bay gas station to escape from him.
- Ex-consultant to Allentown mayor pleads in corruption probe Updated: Apr-21-16 12:22 pm
PHILADELPHIA - A former northeast Pennsylvania campaign manager surfaced in federal court Thursday, a year after he abruptly shuttered his firm and left home, to plead guilty in an ongoing FBI corruption probe of Reading and Allentown.