- Man jailed after domestic call leads to SWAT response Updated: Nov-30-15 8:47 am
PITTSBURGH - A Pittsburgh man has been jailed after a domestic dispute call escalated to a SWAT incident after he briefly refused to leave a residence and allegedly threatened police.
- Tampa woman convicted in plot to frame husband Updated: Nov-30-15 3:51 am
TAMPA, Florida - A Tampa woman has been convicted of issuing bomb threats and accessing child pornography as part of a plan to frame her estranged husband.
- Student, 23, charged with making threats at Michigan State Updated: Nov-27-15 3:02 pm
EAST LANSING, Michigan - A 23-year-old Michigan State University student has been charged in connection with two threats made at the school's campus in East Lansing.
- Ex-lawyer: Charged sports betting pro worked as informant Updated: Nov-25-15 3:23 pm
MILWAUKEE - A former lawyer for a Florida sports betting pro facing federal extortion charges in Wisconsin has claimed the man worked as an informant and helped in the seizure of $750 million from offshore bookies.
- The Latest: Man convicted of killing, posting Facebook photo Updated: Nov-25-15 2:39 pm
MIAMI - The latest on the trial of a South Florida man accused of killing his wife and then posting a picture of her body on Facebook (all times local):
- Police: Man threatened students learning to parallel park Updated: Nov-25-15 2:20 pm
MANCHESTER, New Hampshire - Police in New Hampshire say a man with a gun threatened a driver's education instructor and three students as one was attempting to parallel park near his car.
- FBI, police investigating threat against Jewish school Updated: Nov-24-15 6:13 pm
GREENSBORO, North Carolina - Police and the FBI are looking for someone who sent a letter that included racially charged language and threats against people involved with a Jewish school in Greensboro.
- FBI, police investigating threat against Jewish school Updated: Nov-24-15 5:36 pm
GREENSBORO, North Carolina - Police and the FBI are looking for someone who issued a threat against people involved with a Jewish school in Greensboro.
- Bartender accused of threatening Boehner to be released Updated: Nov-24-15 4:14 pm
CINCINNATI - A former Cincinnati-area bartender accused of threatening to kill John Boehner will be released from custody after a federal judge said Tuesday that the man was of low risk to the community and has enough support to live a productive life.
- SD high school student charged with making fake bomb threat Updated: Nov-23-15 7:00 pm
SIOUX FALLS, South Dakota - A South Dakota high school student has been charged in connection with a fake bomb threat found at the school last week.
- Records: Professor targeted for extortion after massage Updated: Nov-23-15 7:41 am
ANN ARBOR, Michigan - Records say a University of Michigan professor was the target of an extortion plot by a man who gave him a sensual massage.
- Men who tried to push Jewish man into divorce are sentenced Updated: Nov-19-15 7:33 pm
TRENTON, New Jersey - Three New York men who tried to coerce a Jewish man into giving his wife a religious divorce were sentenced on Thursday.
- 2 students accused of making online threats in Cottonwood Updated: Nov-19-15 3:56 pm
COTTONWOOD, Arizona - Police in Cottonwood say two students have been arrested for allegedly making online threats against Mingus Union High School.
- Police: Man upset at missing birth made hospital bomb threat Updated: Nov-19-15 3:36 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - A Utah man accused of calling in a hospital bomb threat because he was upset he couldn't attend his child's birth is being charged in federal court.
- 2 teens arrested in online threat against Byng schools Updated: Nov-18-15 3:43 pm
ADA, Oklahoma - Pontotoc County authorities have arrested two 14-year-old boys they say posted threats online involving the Byng school district.
- Religion news in brief Updated: Nov-18-15 3:08 pm
US Catholic bishops: Abortion, marriage key election issues
- Man arrested over video vowing to kill Quebec Arabs Updated: Nov-18-15 2:41 pm
MONTREAL - A man in Quebec has been arrested in connection with a video posted on YouTube showing someone threatening to kill an Arab person every week, police said Wednesday.
- Police: Student charged after saying he had bomb at school Updated: Nov-18-15 1:17 pm
SELMA, Alabama - Police say an 18-year-old student is accused of making a terrorist threat after he told security guards he had a bomb and a gun in his backpack while entering a Selma school.
- New Jersey man indicted on charges of threatening girl Updated: Nov-18-15 12:11 pm
TRENTON, New Jersey - Grand jurors have indicted a New Jersey man who was convicted of stalking girls on Facebook of threatening to kidnap a girl and coercing her into sending sexually explicit photos.
- Kean increases security after threats against black students Updated: Nov-18-15 10:36 am
UNION, New Jersey - A New Jersey university says that security has been increased on campus after someone made anonymous threats on Twitter against black students.
- US Muslims face backlash after Paris attacks Updated: Nov-18-15 9:45 am
HARTFORD, Connecticut - Muslims around the U.S. are facing backlash following the deadly attacks in Paris, including vandalism to mosques and Islamic centers, hate-filled phone and online messages and threats of violence.
- Bismarck group home worker accused of corrupting teen boy Updated: Nov-10-15 7:06 am
BISMARCK, North Dakota - A Bismarck woman who worked at a group home is accused of raping a 15-year-old boy and threatening him with violence.
- Police: Boy threatened school but had no means to cause harm Updated: Nov-09-15 2:50 pm
FLORENCE, Oregon - Authorities say a boy who made threats targeting students at a Florence high school had no means to carry them out.
- 2 men admit extorting payments for golf course project Updated: Nov-09-15 2:37 pm
NEWARK, New Jersey - Two men have admitted extorting payments from contractors seeking work on a golf course project in northern New Jersey.
- Russia, track & field to be targeted in Pound's WADA report Updated: Nov-08-15 11:42 am
GENEVA - A World Anti-Doping Agency panel will deliver its findings Monday into allegations of extortion and cover-ups involving Russian doping - a report that one of the investigators said exposes "a whole different scale of corruption" from the FIFA scandal.