- 9 indicted in kidnapping of NC prosecutor's father Updated: Apr-23-14 6:59 am
- 2 teens charged in Danbury school threat Updated: Apr-22-14 8:31 am
- APNewsBreak: Africa land grabs endanger elephants Updated: Apr-20-14 11:46 am
- Police investigate threatening letter in Stoughton Updated: Apr-19-14 12:50 pm
- Dutch man's case linked to Amanda Todd Updated: Apr-17-14 10:10 pm
- Woman sentenced for bomb threats Updated: Apr-17-14 7:10 pm
- San Diego teen arrested in social media threats Updated: Apr-17-14 9:04 am
- W.Va. miner charged with bomb threat against mine Updated: Apr-17-14 8:52 am
- Mexico arrests mayor for drug cartel extortion Updated: Apr-16-14 3:40 pm
- W.Va. man accused of threatening US senator Updated: Apr-15-14 5:29 pm
- W.Va. man accused of threatening US senator Updated: Apr-15-14 5:26 pm
- Southern Utah man facing hate crime charges Updated: Apr-15-14 11:32 am
- Police: Connecticut teenager threatened Columbine Updated: Apr-14-14 9:34 am
- Man pleads not guilty to disrupting flight in SD Updated: Apr-14-14 7:44 am
- Shoffner overshadows race for Arkansas treasurer Updated: Apr-13-14 4:29 pm
- Pa. man charged in kidnapping, assault of girl, 7 Updated: Apr-10-14 5:05 pm
- Man charged with making terrorist threat on campus Updated: Apr-10-14 3:01 pm
- Va. man indicted for threatening Obama, Clinton Updated: Apr-09-14 4:59 pm
- Oregon man charged with trying to kill officer Updated: Apr-09-14 1:04 pm
- Police: Man used syringe to threaten officer Updated: Apr-09-14 8:46 am
- Jacksonville man accused of making bomb threats Updated: Apr-08-14 5:01 pm
- June trial set for man charged with online threats Updated: Apr-08-14 4:27 pm
- Ala. man charged with threats at Georgia hospital Updated: Apr-05-14 11:35 am
- Boy, 14, accused of school bomb threats Updated: Apr-04-14 9:22 am
- Ex-Lawrence official gets 18-month jail sentence Updated: Apr-03-14 11:23 am
CHARLOTTE, North Carolina - As the kidnappers pulled into a quiet, upscale golf course community, they thought they were about to abduct an assistant district attorney who sent a high-ranking gang member to prison for life, authorities said.
DANBURY, Connecticut - Two teenagers have been arrested after police say they threatened to harm a student and everyone else at Danbury High School.
WASHINGTON - Political and military elites are seizing protected areas in one of Africa's last bastions for elephants, putting broad swaths of Zimbabwe at risk of becoming fronts for ivory poaching, according to a nonprofit research group's report that examines government collusion in wildlife trafficking.
STOUGHTON, Wisconsin - Police in Stoughton are investigating a threatening letter that was sent to a black teenager, with a photo that depicted him as the victim of a lynching.
VANCOUVER, British Columbia - Canadian police confirmed Thursday an arrest has been made in the Netherlands in the case of a Canadian teenager who was blackmailed to expose herself in front of a webcam. The 15-year-old later committed suicide after detailing her harassment on a YouTube video watched by millions around the world.
MINNEAPOLIS - A federal judge has sentenced a woman to 5 ½ years in prison for mailing letters threatening to bomb seven post offices in the Twin Cities.
SAN DIEGO - San Diego police say a 17-year-old student has been arrested on suspicion of making threats via social media against a charter school teacher in Point Loma and a middle school in Clairemont.
WAYNESBURG, Pennsylvania - A West Virginia man has been jailed on charges he phoned in a bomb threat to the southwestern Pennsylvania mine where he worked because he couldn't find a baby sitter to watch his 8-year-old daughter during his shift last week.
MEXICO CITY - Prosecutors in western Mexico arrested the mayor of a city that once served as a stronghold of the Knights Templar drug cartel on charges that he helped the gang extort money from city council members.
CHARLESTON, West Virginia - Federal prosecutors say a 49-year-old West Virginia man has been indicted on charges he threatened to kill U.S. Sen. Joe Manchin.
CHARLESTON, West Virginia - Federal prosecutors say a 49-year-old Barboursville man has been indicted on charges he threatened to kill U.S. Sen. Joe Manchin.
SALT LAKE CITY - Federal officials have filed hate crime charges against a southern Utah man accused of threatening to kill members of an interracial family.
LITCHFIELD, Connecticut - Before she was arrested on allegations of planning to shoot up two high schools, a Connecticut teenager was suspected of making threats against Columbine High School in Colorado.
RAPID CITY, South Dakota - A 68-year-old Virginia man accused of disrupting a flight he boarded in South Dakota has pleaded not guilty to a federal charge of interfering with flight crew members and attendants.
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - Despite it being a relatively little-known post, the Republican primary for Arkansas treasurer has hardly been a low-key affair. Overshadowed by a former state treasurer's conviction on bribery and extortion charges, the race is pitting two GOP rivals who each insist they're the best candidate to overhaul a troubled office.
YORK, Pennsylvania - A central Pennsylvania man is behind bars in connection with the kidnapping and sexual assault of a 7-year-old girl last summer.
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - A Missouri man accused of falsely reporting a gunman walking around the Central Methodist University is no terrorist, as prosecutors allege, but rather the victim of hysteria created by an incident that has been blown out of proportion, his attorney said.
EUGENE, Oregon - An Oregon man shot by police during a confrontation last month has been charged with attempting to kill the officer who wounded him.
LOWELL, Massachusetts - A Groton man is facing charges after allegedly threatening a Lowell police officer with a syringe full of blood he said was infected with the AIDS virus.
JACKSONVILLE, North Carolina - Police in Jacksonville have arrested a man who they say made bomb threats to schools and businesses over the past six weeks.
LEXINGTON, Kentucky - A trial date has been set for a Kentucky man charged with threatening to kill the state's governor, first lady and their family in a series of Facebook postings.
ROME, Georgia - An Alabama man has been charged with making terroristic threats after authorities say he threatened employees at a northwest Georgia hospital by saying "Remember Fort Hood."
YORKTOWN, New York - A 14-year-old boy is accused of calling in bomb threats to two Westchester County high schools.
LAWRENCE, Massachusetts - The former chief of staff to the ex-mayor of Lawrence has been sentenced to 18 months in jail for corruption.