- Mandan man accused of shouting slurs, threats pleads guilty Updated: Feb-12-16 7:08 pm
MANDAN, North Dakota - A Mandan man accused of shouting racist slurs and threatening to kill a woman has pleaded guilty.
- Man gets 60 days for punching JetBlue flight attendant Updated: Feb-12-16 4:24 pm
WEST PALM BEACH, Florida - A man accused of punching a flight attendant and threatening to blow up a Florida-bound plane has been sentenced to 60 days in jail.
- Man who threatened mosque pleads guilty to hate crime Updated: Feb-12-16 4:06 pm
TAMPA, Florida - A Florida man accused of threatening to firebomb a mosque last fall has pleaded guilty to a hate crime in federal court.
- Cop fired, charged with pointed a gun at ex-wife's husband Updated: Feb-12-16 6:01 am
LIGONIER, Pennsylvania - A western Pennsylvania police officer accused of pointing a gun at his ex-wife's husband and threatening to kill him has been fired.
- Kansas Supreme Court invalidates school funding law Updated: Feb-11-16 6:57 pm
TOPEKA, Kansas - The Kansas Supreme Court threatened Thursday to shut down schools if lawmakers don't revamp the way the state funds public schools by July, ruling that a law enacted last year as a temporary fix underfunded poor school districts by at least $54 million.
- The Latest: Kansas governor decries 'activist' court ruling Updated: Feb-11-16 6:24 pm
TOPEKA, Kansas - The Latest on the Kansas Supreme Court decision to toss the state's stopgap school funding law (all times local):
- Uber agrees to pay fines after Newark threatens drivers Updated: Feb-11-16 4:37 pm
NEWARK, New Jersey - Uber said it will compensate any of its drivers who are fined or towed for violating a prohibition about operating around Newark Liberty International Airport and the city's train station.
- Some charges dropped against man in teen's abduction, rape Updated: Feb-11-16 3:36 pm
CONCORD, New Hampshire - A New Hampshire prosecutor dropped some charges against the man accused of kidnapping and raping a teenage girl over the course of nine months.
- Man charged with assault, threat in Pittsburgh SWAT standoff Updated: Feb-11-16 9:17 am
PITTSBURGH - Pittsburgh police have identified a domestic violence suspect arrested after a SWAT standoff in the city's Mount Washington neighborhood.
- Police arrest over 100 suspected Sicily Mafia clan members Updated: Feb-10-16 4:05 pm
ROME - Prosecutors say police in Italy and abroad have arrested more than 100 suspected Laudani Cosa Nostra members, dealing a heavy blow to the Mafia clan which has terrified businesses in the Catania area on Sicily for years.
- Ex-Augusta fire marshal accused of accepting money from club Updated: Feb-09-16 5:08 am
AUGUSTA, Georgia - A trial has begun against a former Augusta fire marshal accused of accepting bribes to not enforce fire safety measures at a nightclub.
- Iowa man convicted of threatening judges sentenced to prison Updated: Feb-08-16 3:57 am
IOWA FALLS, Iowa - An Iowa Falls man accused of threatening to cut the throats of judges in Eldora during a call to an office of the U.S. Department of Justice in Washington, D.C., has been sentenced to 18 months in prison.
- Authorities: Man takes wife hostage, shoots at police Updated: Feb-06-16 5:01 pm
JERSEY CITY, New Jersey - A man who allegedly took his wife hostage, threatened to kill her and shot at police during a standoff at a Jersey City apartment is now in custody.
- Decision on contentious Snowbird expansion again delayed Updated: Feb-06-16 1:24 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - A Utah County board is again waiting to make a decision on a Snowbird ski resort expansion into American Fork Canyon following a contentious meeting about whether the project could stir up old mine waste.
- Man pleads guilty to $190K insurance fraud scheme, extortion Updated: Feb-05-16 4:17 am
HARTFORD, Connecticut - A bookmaker has pleaded guilty to charges he shot a gambler with a stun gun and tried to burn down a restaurant in a $190,000 insurance fraud scheme in Hartford.
- Snowmass chef accused threatening to stab server Updated: Feb-04-16 12:02 pm
SNOWMASS VILLAGE, Colorado - A chef at a restaurant on Snowmass Mountain has been accused of threatening to stab a waiter who delivered food to the wrong table.
- American accused of running over Aruba female cab driver Updated: Feb-03-16 4:22 pm
ORANJESTAD, Aruba - An American real estate worker has been arrested on suspicion of beating, running over and threatening to rape a 70-year-old female taxi driver in the Dutch Caribbean island of Aruba.
- Sacramento college student accused of making Snapchat threat Updated: Feb-02-16 8:18 am
SACRAMENTO, California - A Sacramento community college student has been arrested on suspicion of making threats on social media.
- Suit: Jail guard offered extra privileges to extort sex acts Updated: Feb-02-16 5:45 am
PITTSBURGH - A former inmate has filed a lawsuit against a fired Pittsburgh jail guard saying he repeatedly sexually assaulted her.
- 3 officials file appeals against life bans in IAAF case Updated: Feb-01-16 9:17 am
LAUSANNE, Switzerland - Three athletics officials banned for life by the IAAF for bribery and extortion to cover up a Russian doping case have appealed to sport's highest court.
- LAPD detective charged in false assault report against ex Updated: Jan-28-16 7:47 pm
LOS ANGELES - A Los Angeles police detective was arrested Thursday on charges she filed a false sexual assault report against a man she had been dating after meeting online.
- Man accused of posting online threats against Chester police Updated: Jan-28-16 6:27 am
CHESTER, Pennsylvania - Authorities have accused a man of posting online threats targeting police officers in Chester.
- Richland man arrested after standoff for death threats Updated: Jan-28-16 4:03 am
RICHLAND, Washington - Authorities say they have arrested a man who allegedly threatened to shoot children and police after an hourslong standoff in a Richland neighborhood.
- Man with felony warrant arrested after standoff with hostage Updated: Jan-27-16 9:59 pm
PORT ANGELES, Washington - Sheriff's deputies arrested a man near Port Angeles after a standoff involving a hostage ended peacefully about six hours later.
- Anchorage police arrest armed man after morning stand-off Updated: Jan-27-16 7:20 pm
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - A 28-year-old Anchorage man with knives who at one point charged police was subdued after apparently stabbing himself in the neck.