- Indiana man accused of making Facebook threat found guilty Updated: Jul-03-15 7:52 am
HAMMOND, Indiana - An Indiana man accused of threatening to blow up a courthouse and kill judges in a Facebook post has been found guilty in federal court in Hammond.
- Wisconsin man accused of threatening to kill President Obama Updated: Jul-03-15 3:43 am
LA CROSSE, Wisconsin - A Wisconsin man is being detained in a mental health facility after authorities say he told a security guard he planned to kill President Barack Obama.
- DeKalb County CEO found guilty of perjury, extortion charge Updated: Jul-01-15 9:29 pm
DECATUR, Georgia - A suspended DeKalb County official accused of pressuring vendors for campaign contributions has been found guilty of perjury and attempted theft by extortion.
- Man gets 15 years for extorting explicit photos from girls Updated: Jul-01-15 8:55 pm
BALTIMORE - A Rockville man has been sentenced to 15 years in prison for enticing underage girls to send him sexually explicit photos of themselves and threatening to post them online when they wanted to stop.
- Former federal agent pleads guilty to extortion Updated: Jul-01-15 8:07 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - A former undercover drug agent pleaded guilty Wednesday to extortion and other charges after authorities said he used his position to steal more than $700,000 in digital currency, most of it siphoned from an online drug bazaar known as Silk Road that he infiltrated as part of a federal investigation.
- Construction company owner gets jail for kickbacks, attack Updated: Jul-01-15 4:31 am
CAMDEN, New Jersey - A construction company owner has been sentenced to more than seven years in prison for extorting kickbacks and condoning an attack on a critical site manager.
- Colorado GOP committee backs chair in blackmail scandal Updated: Jun-26-15 7:10 pm
GREENWOOD VILLAGE, Colorado - The Colorado Republican Party's executive committee on Friday voted overwhelmingly to support the party's chairman after he contended that the state attorney general and others tried to force him to resign his post by threatening to release details of an affair he denies.
- Police charge man in bomb threats that forced evacuation Updated: Jun-26-15 7:19 am
SYRACUSE, New York - A Syracuse man is accused of making several bomb threats that forced the evacuation of 1,100 workers in the downtown area.
- Suit: Family flees home after getting letters from 'Watcher' Updated: Jun-25-15 5:16 pm
ELIZABETH, New Jersey - A couple who says they were scared away from their new $1.4 million home because of creepy letters from a stalker has sued the sellers for not telling them about a person with a "mentally disturbed fixation" on the house.
- Rights group wants Thailand, Myanmar to help 'sea gypsies' Updated: Jun-25-15 8:07 am
BANGKOK - The governments of Thailand and Myanmar must end discrimination and other abuses against a nomadic seafaring tribe whose livelihood in their waters has been upended by development, a human rights group said Thursday.
- Phoenix man accused of threatening to rape woman, children Updated: Jun-24-15 6:29 pm
PHOENIX - A convicted felon has been arrested for allegedly threatening to rape a woman and her daughter plus several children at a Phoenix park.
- Colorado GOP says lawyer spoke with prosecutors over scandal Updated: Jun-23-15 8:22 pm
DENVER - A Colorado Republican Party spokesman said Tuesday that party lawyers have talked with prosecutors about allegations that several leading Republicans tried to blackmail the chairman of the state GOP into resigning.
- Kearneysville man sentenced for threatening school online Updated: Jun-23-15 9:37 am
MARTINSBURG, West Virginia - A Kearneysville man has been sentenced for using a hacked Twitter account to threaten a school.
- $100K bail set for man accused of threatening neighbors Updated: Jun-23-15 6:18 am
SKOWHEGAN, Maine - A Maine man authorities say accused his neighbors of kidnapping his girlfriend and then shot at one of the neighbor's homes has been held on $100,000 cash bail.
- 3 charged with running scam that bilked couple of $1.5M Updated: Jun-21-15 4:43 pm
FORT WAYNE, Indiana - A Fort Wayne woman and her two adult children are accused of bilking a couple out of about $1.5 million over seven years by sending text messages purportedly from the Mafia threatening to abduct family members or family members of friends.
- Claiborne County officer accused of bribery Updated: Jun-19-15 6:18 pm
NEW TAZEWELL, Tennessee - A Clairborne County sheriff's officer has been arrested on charges of extortion and bribery by a public servant.
- Police issue Code Red message in latest 'swatting' incident Updated: Jun-19-15 6:32 am
NEWMARKET, New Hampshire - Police say a caller falsely reported an emergency and threatened to shoot police in New Hampshire's most recent example of swatting.
- East Orange building inspector accused of taking bribes Updated: Jun-19-15 5:56 am
NEWARK, New Jersey - Authorities have accused an East Orange building inspector with taking bribes.
- New York mob boss, capo plead guilty in racketeering case Updated: Jun-18-15 7:05 pm
TRENTON, New Jersey - Six members of the Lucchese crime family, including a top New Jersey capo and a ruling boss in New York, have pleaded guilty to charges stemming from an investigation of an international gambling enterprise, the New Jersey attorney general said Thursday.
- Man who threatened to kill Manchin sentenced to 18 months Updated: Jun-17-15 4:39 pm
CHARLESTON, West Virginia - A Barboursville man who threatened U.S. Sen. Joe Manchin's life has been sentenced to 18 months in prison.
- NY man gets 18 years for sex extortion of Arizona girl, 11 Updated: Jun-16-15 9:35 am
TUCSON, Arizona - A New York City man has been sentenced to 18 years in federal prison for sexually extorting an 11-year-old Arizona girl he enticed using internet chat rooms.
- Trial reset for Ohio man accused of threatening Boehner Updated: Jun-16-15 9:28 am
CINCINNATI - A federal judge has rescheduled the trial for a former Cincinnati-area bartender charged with threatening to kill House Speaker John Boehner.
- Man accused of threatening to kill sister, her husband Updated: Jun-16-15 9:17 am
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - A St. Paul man is accused of threatening to kill his sister with a knife and breaking merchandise in her store in Hmongtown Marketplace.
- Police: Man threatened to decapitate neighbor with machete Updated: Jun-16-15 8:41 am
LOWELL, Massachusetts - A Massachusetts man is being held on $10,000 bail after authorities say he threatened to cut off his neighbor's head with a machete unless he turned down his music.
- Indictment: Clerk brought white powder to Iowa Capitol Updated: Jun-12-15 5:17 pm
DES MOINES, Iowa - A former Iowa legislative clerk has been indicted on suspicion of bringing white powder to the state Capitol in 2012, a move that halted floor debate and forced a building lockdown.