- Police: Madison officer faced threats in breaking up fight Updated: Sep-04-15 11:22 am
MADISON, Wisconsin - Madison police say they're alarmed by the anti-police sentiments expressed in a crowd when an officer intervened to stop a fight.
- Suspect arrested after threat against Maize High School Updated: Sep-04-15 6:44 am
MAIZE, Kansas - Police have arrested a suspect after a high school in Maize was on temporary lockdown due to a threat on social media.
- Albuquerque man indicted in alleged kidnapping and rape case Updated: Sep-03-15 6:43 pm
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - An Albuquerque man has been indicted for allegedly holding a woman against her will in her apartment and torturing her for six days.
- New Hampshire man shot by police responding to threat call Updated: Sep-03-15 6:25 pm
MERRIMACK, New Hampshire - New Hampshire officials say a man armed with a knife was critically wounded by a Merrimack police officer responding to a domestic disturbance call.
- 1 count dismissed against man accused of threatening feds Updated: Sep-03-15 5:18 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - A federal judge has dismissed one count against a Minneapolis man accused of threatening law enforcement officials after his friends were charged with plotting to join the Islamic State group.
- Testimony: Man accused of killing officer had made threats Updated: Sep-03-15 4:41 pm
SHREVEPORT, Louisiana - Relatives of a man accused of killing a police officer on Aug. 5 had warned law enforcement that he was armed and had threatened to kill, a Shreveport police sergeant testified Thursday.
- Ex-president says he's investigated for making threats Updated: Sep-02-15 5:46 am
BUCHAREST, Romania - Romania's former president says prosecutors are investigating threatening remarks he made to a senator while he was president.
- Man wants separate trials on homicide, threat charges Updated: Sep-01-15 6:04 pm
EASTON, Pennsylvania - A man charged in a slaying at an Easton hotel wants to be tried separately on homicide and terroristic threats charges.
- Men accused of threatening Pokemon championships denied bail Updated: Sep-01-15 2:43 pm
BOSTON - Two Iowa men accused of making online threats of violence against a Pokemon competition in Boston were ordered held without bail Tuesday after a judge rejected arguments by their lawyers that their comments amounted to idle online bravado.
- Charges upgraded against man accused of making bomb threats Updated: Sep-01-15 4:58 am
BAY ST. LOUIS, Mississippi - Charges have been upgraded against a man who authorities say assaulted two deputies and claimed his vehicle contained explosives.
- Man arresting after threatening to sexually abuse a child Updated: Aug-31-15 11:06 am
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - A man police say wanted to taunt them by threatening to rape a 6-year-old has been arrested and booked into an Albuquerque jail.
- 2 journalists charged in Moroccan king blackmail claim trap Updated: Aug-31-15 4:09 am
PARIS - Two French journalists facing extortion charges on accusations that they tried to blackmail Moroccan King Mohammed VI say they were trapped into the agreement.
- Police: NY man made threats against federal agencies Updated: Aug-29-15 9:16 pm
COLONIE, New York - Police say an upstate New York man has been arrested and is accused of making threats against employees at two federal agencies.
- Ex-South Texas magistrate gets prison for extortion Updated: Aug-28-15 5:29 pm
LAREDO, Texas - A former South Texas justice of the peace has been sentenced to more than 3 years in federal prison after pleading guilty to extortion and admitting to taking a bribe from a bail bondsman.
- Ex-Arkansas treasurer gets 2 ½ years in prison Updated: Aug-28-15 4:13 pm
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - Former Arkansas Treasurer Martha Shoffner was sentenced to 2 ½ years in prison on Friday following her conviction last year on federal bribery and extortion charges.
- The Latest: Judge had difficult decision, US attorney says Updated: Aug-28-15 2:38 pm
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - The latest on the sentencing of former Arkansas treasurer Martha Shoffner (all times local):
- Officials: Student, 13, who made threats taken into custody Updated: Aug-28-15 6:49 am
ROEBUCK, South Carolina - A 13-year-old student has been charged with disturbing a school after officials say he verbally threatened to shoot several students at a Spartanburg County high school.
- Feds take case of 'dark' humor preschool threat on Facebook Updated: Aug-26-15 3:19 pm
PITTSBURGH - A 19-year-old Pennsylvania man faces federal charges over a Facebook post threatening to kill preschool children even after telling investigators he merely has a dark sense of humor and didn't plan to carry out the threat.
- Authorities find letters from prison threatening 3 officers Updated: Aug-25-15 7:17 am
CRANSTON, Rhode Island - Authorities in Rhode Island are investigating after two anonymous letters were sent from a state prison threatening to kill three corrections officers and other staff.
- Police: Man shot by police had threatened to kill wife Updated: Aug-24-15 2:49 pm
JACKSONVILLE, Florida - Police say a man was fatally shot after he fired at an officer during a domestic dispute in Jacksonville.
- LA County man charged with 150 counts of pornography extortion Updated: Aug-21-15 11:40 pm
LOS ANGELES - A 19-year-old Los Angeles County man has pleaded not guilty to more than 150 counts of pornography extortion after authorities say he tricked teenage girls into sending him nude photos.
- Chicago man pleads guilty to SIU bomb threats Updated: Aug-21-15 4:38 am
BENTON, Illinois - A 22-year-old Chicago man has pleaded guilty to four federal charges connected to making bomb threats in a self-declared "war" on Southern Illinois University in Carbondale.
- Police: Man, 64, threatened to send bomb to business Updated: Aug-21-15 3:22 am
HARTFORD, Connecticut - A 64-year-old man was arrested after police say he threatened to send a bomb to a business in downtown Hartford.
- 1980s 'preppy rapist' Alex Kelly now a skydiving instructor Updated: Aug-20-15 11:44 am
ELLINGTON, Connecticut - Alex Kelly gained international infamy as the "preppy rapist" two decades ago while living an adrenaline-fueled life as a jet-set fugitive in Europe - skiing, hang gliding and mountain climbing before surrendering to face rape charges in Connecticut.
- FBI offers reward in 2 bank extortion cases Updated: Aug-20-15 10:59 am
KNOXVILLE, Tennessee - The FBI says it is offering up to $20,000 for information that leads to the arrests of suspects in two East Tennessee bank extortion cases that involved kidnappings.