- Army chaplain wins prize to give 9/11 sermon by ground zero Updated: Aug-28-15 2:48 pm
NEW YORK - An Army chaplain has won a national prize for an original sermon that he will deliver on Sept. 11 at a chapel near ground zero that became a sanctuary of consolation after the terrorist attacks.
- AP-NY--New York News Digest,ADVISORY, 1:30 pm Update, NY Updated: Aug-21-15 2:08 pm
NEW YORK - Members can send stories and tips to firstname.lastname@example.org for upstate and email@example.com for the New York metro area. The New York City desk can be reached at 212-621-1670. The Albany desk can be reached at 518-458-7821. The photo desk is reachable at 212-621-1902. AP stories, along with the photos that accompany them, can also be obtained from http://www.apexchange.com .
- 100s of bikers crossing Maryland on annual Sept. 11 ride Updated: Aug-21-15 3:19 am
HAGERSTOWN, Maryland - Hundreds of motorcyclists are traveling across parts of western Maryland and northern Virginia as part of a Sept. 11 anniversary event.
- Artist sets mammoth task to memorialize 9/11 victims in oil Updated: Aug-15-15 1:04 am
LEESBURG, Florida - A television documentary about the Sept. 11 terrorist attacks stirred the emotions of a Leesburg artist so deeply he has made it his mission to paint portraits of the victims from his garage-turned-art studio.
- Subway car that withstood 9/11 attacks given to Conn. museum Updated: Aug-06-15 8:16 pm
EAST HAVEN, Connecticut - Bagpipers played and emergency responders lined a procession route as a PATH subway car that withstood the 9/11 attack on the World Trade Center was escorted to its new home at a Connecticut museum.
- Pakistan hangs man that family says was convicted as a minor Updated: Aug-04-15 4:10 am
KARACHI, Pakistan - Pakistan executed a man Tuesday convicted of killing a 7-year-old boy in 2004 when his family and lawyers say he was just 14 years old, despite international outcry over his sentence, officials said.
- Police: Tourist from Texas took loaded guns to 9/11 memorial Updated: Aug-03-15 3:52 pm
NEW YORK - A tourist from Texas was arrested over the weekend on charges she was packing two loaded handguns at the Sept. 11 memorial in New York City, authorities said Monday.