- More former players sue NHL regarding concussions Updated: Apr-15-14 11:02 pm
- Town marshal badly hurt in motorcycle crash Updated: Apr-03-14 8:35 am
- Study: MMA brain injury risk higher than boxing Updated: Mar-28-14 1:10 pm
- Va. professor champions shoes with GPS tracking Updated: Mar-23-14 10:31 am
- House committee moves PTSD sentencing bill Updated: Mar-20-14 7:40 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - Another group of former NHL players has joined the fight for compensation for head injuries they say they incurred while playing, while at the same time targeting the violence of the game that they believe brought about those injuries.
COLUMBUS, Indiana - Police say the town marshal of a central Indiana community suffered severe head injuries in a motorcycle crash.
ALBANY, New York - A new study says about a third of professional mixed martial arts matches end in knockout or technical knockout, indicating a higher incidence of brain trauma than boxing or other martial arts.
FAIRFAX, Virginia - Andrew Carle, an assistant professor at George Mason University and a consultant on senior housing issues, is always looking for new technology to improve the lives of the elderly. He's even coined a term for his life's work: "nana technology."
JUNEAU, Alaska - The House Special Committee on Military and Veterans' Affairs moved a bill Thursday allowing judges to consider post-traumatic stress disorder and traumatic brain injuries as a mitigating factor during sentencings of combat veterans.