- Injured Mankato baby on ventilator Updated: Aug-29-15 11:40 am
MANKATO, Minnesota - Authorities say a 2-month-old Mankato baby is on a ventilator after suffering serious brain injuries.
- Movement to curtail concussions and make sports safer Updated: Aug-28-15 4:49 pm
SHERIDAN, Wyoming - When an athlete breaks a bone, sprains a joint or tears a ligament, the damage is easily identified by bruising, swelling and obvious pain.
- Review finds problems with ex-medical examiner's autopsies Updated: Aug-26-15 7:26 pm
HELENA, Montana - An independent review found significant problems with a half-dozen infant and child autopsies performed by a former Montana associate medical examiner, including missed, ignored or discounted brain injuries that should have prompted further investigation into how the children were killed.
- IndyCar driver Justin Wilson dies of head injury Updated: Aug-25-15 6:32 am
IndyCar driver Justin Wilson died Monday night from a head injury suffered when a piece of debris struck him at Pocono Raceway. He was 37.
- Redskins QB Griffin leaves exhibition game with concussion Updated: Aug-20-15 11:59 pm
LANDOVER, Maryland - After watching Robert Griffin III get knocked around for three possessions, Washington Redskins coach Jay Gruden sent his starting quarterback back out for a fourth Thursday night. That one ended with consecutive sacks and Griffin leaving with a concussion.
- Judge mostly rejects NCAA bid for secrecy in civil lawsuit Updated: Aug-20-15 1:56 pm
ROCKVILLE, Maryland - A judge has largely rejected an NCAA bid for secrecy in a civil lawsuit stemming from the brain-injury death of a Frostburg State University football player.
- Shakhtar's Stepanenko out of hospital following head injury Updated: Aug-20-15 5:56 am
VIENNA - Shakhtar Donetsk midfielder Taras Stepanenko has been released from hospital and was traveling back to Ukraine with his team on Thursday, a day after hurting his head in a Champions League playoff game at Rapid Vienna.
- Former NFL players appeal terms of concussion settlement Updated: Aug-17-15 5:51 pm
PHILADELPHIA - Former NFL players who object to terms of the potential $1 billion concussion settlement have filed appeals that are likely to delay payouts to thousands of retirees until next year.
- Man wakes from coma, comes back strong Updated: Aug-16-15 10:31 am
SIOUX CITY, Iowa - When Camron Brummond opened his eyes, he saw two-headed people surrounding the bed he was lying on.
- Giants left fielder Aoki placed on 7-day concussion list Updated: Aug-13-15 10:59 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - The San Francisco Giants placed left fielder Nori Aoki on the seven-day concussion list Thursday, one day after he had to leave the game with symptoms from a head injury sustained against the Cubs last weekend.
- NFL donation helps launch institute on sports health, safety Updated: Aug-12-15 5:03 pm
SEATTLE - Dr. Stan Herring found a personal calling when he helped champion the first youth concussion law in the country in the state of Washington.
- Worker at wrecked Japan nuclear plant dies from head injury Updated: Aug-08-15 9:10 am
TOKYO - A worker at Japan's wrecked nuclear power plant died after the hatch at the back of a truck closed on his head Saturday, the latest mishap at a complex still struggling with the cleanup from the 2011 Fukushima disaster.
- Clinton's doctor says 2016 candidate in "excellent" health Updated: Jul-31-15 3:33 pm
WASHINGTON - Hillary Rodham Clinton's physician said Friday that the Democratic presidential candidate is in "excellent physical condition" and has completely recovered from the effects of a concussion she suffered in 2012.