- Critics of $1 billion NFL concussion deal seek court review Updated: Apr-28-16 4:58 pm
PHILADELPHIA - Critics of the proposed $1 billion settlement of NFL concussion claims want a full U.S. appeals court in Philadelphia to review a recent court decision that upheld the deal.
- Goodell holds Q&A, with head injuries front and center Updated: Apr-28-16 2:55 pm
CHICAGO - The floor belonged to Philip Feliciano, and NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell waited patiently for his question.
- Manager says Chyna's death may be accidental overdose Updated: Apr-27-16 8:31 pm
REDONDO BEACH, California - Former wrestling star Chyna died of an accidental overdose of a prescription sleeping pill and a tranquilizer, her manager said Wednesday.
- Penguins goaltender Fleury still dealing with concussion Updated: Apr-25-16 4:44 pm
PITTSBURGH - Pittsburgh Penguins goaltender Marc-Andre Fleury skated alongside some of his teammates on Monday, but says he's still dealing with concussion symptoms and is uncertain on when he will return.
- Appeals court upholds $1B NFL concussion settlement Updated: Apr-18-16 6:12 pm
PHILADELPHIA - A federal appeals court has upheld an estimated $1 billion plan by the NFL to settle thousands of concussion lawsuits filed by former players, potentially ending a troubled chapter in league history.
- Therapists, researchers in Lincoln make swallowing easier Updated: Apr-17-16 11:33 am
LINCOLN, Nebraska - For the past 44 years, Terry Scott has been, as he described it, "one of them nasty ol' truck drivers." The Gretna resident did runs out to Cheyenne and back three times a week up until Valentine's Day this year. He was on mandated rest in Cheyenne that night when the phone rang.
- Stafford High School students train, give away therapy dogs Updated: Apr-14-16 3:38 pm
STAFFORD, Kansas - High school students in Stafford have been training dogs from animal shelters to become service, therapy or companion pets.
- English FA to ask FIFA to research dementia link to football Updated: Apr-09-16 6:07 pm
LONDON - The English Football Association will ask FIFA to investigate whether former players have dementia as a consequence of brain damage from playing the game.
- AP source: Jets left tackle D'Brickashaw Ferguson to retire Updated: Apr-08-16 11:11 pm
NEW YORK - D'Brickashaw Ferguson is walking away from football after 10 years of protecting New York Jets quarterbacks.
- Judge rules NCAA must go to trial in football death Updated: Apr-07-16 12:07 pm
ROCKVILLE, Maryland - A Maryland judge is refusing to drop the NCAA from a wrongful death lawsuit involving a Frostburg State University football player who suffered a head injury during practice in 2011.
- Indiana mandates concussion training for public coaches Updated: Apr-03-16 9:37 am
INDIANAPOLIS - Indiana high school soccer coach Cruz Gallegos knew something was wrong when one of his players seemed to fade in and out of consciousness on the bench. The junior had been pulled from the field after getting slammed into midair during a match against a hometown rival.
- Former teacher turns to painting after brain injuries Updated: Apr-02-16 2:05 am
MISSOULA, Montana - Over the past year, Shannon Rincker's life has mimicked her watercolor and ink landscapes. Everything symbolized something else, connections between her paintings and her life became clear, and she regained a sense of purpose she thought she lost on March 12, 2015.
- Ducks lose Perron, Andersen, Rakell, Lindholm to health woes Updated: Apr-01-16 2:17 pm
ANAHEIM, California - Anaheim Ducks forward David Perron will be out four to six weeks with a separated right shoulder, and goalie Frederik Andersen is out indefinitely with a concussion.