- Bill would allow consideration of PTSD in sentence Updated: Mar-11-14 8:49 pm
- Former Hawaii star Brennan has brain injury Updated: Mar-07-14 5:39 pm
- Full recovery for Schumacher unlikely, some say Updated: Feb-28-14 10:07 am
- QB Wilson cleared for spring ball for Utah Updated: Feb-24-14 11:15 pm
- Judge to hear arguments in Md. football death suit Updated: Feb-20-14 6:46 pm
- Judge to hear arguments in Md. football death suit Updated: Feb-20-14 5:03 pm
JUNEAU, Alaska - Posttraumatic stress disorder and traumatic brain injuries could be used as a mitigating factor in the sentencing of combat veterans convicted of crimes under a bill considered Tuesday in the House Military and Veterans' Affairs Committee.
HONOLULU - Former Hawaii quarterback Colt Brennan says he has been diagnosed with a traumatic brain injury, throwing his prospects of playing again on any level into doubt.
LONDON - Nearly two months after Michael Schumacher suffered serious head injuries in a skiing accident and was placed in a drug-induced coma, some neurologists say the seven-time Formula One champion seems unlikely to make a full recovery.
SALT LAKE CITY - Utah quarterback Travis Wilson is getting a chance to play football again.
WASHINGTON - A lawsuit stemming from the head-injury death of a Frostburg State University football player should be dismissed because his coaches did not know the athlete was bleeding or had suffered a concussion and could not have foreseen that he was endangering his life by participating in practice drills, lawyers say.
WASHINGTON - Lawyers, the NCAA, and a helmet company are asking a judge to dismiss a wrongful death lawsuit filed by the family of a college football player who died of a head injury.