- Concussions and the long, dangerous road to recovery Updated: Nov-28-15 10:55 am
OCEAN CITY, New Jersey - Jackie Adams' descent into despair began in 2007 with an elbow to the head when she was an Ocean City High School sophomore during a girls soccer game.
- Texas starting QB Heard knocked out of game with head injury Updated: Nov-26-15 9:06 pm
AUSTIN, Texas - Texas starting quarterback Jerrod Heard was knocked out of the Longhorns' game against Texas Tech in the second quarter Thursday night with a head injury and will not return.
- Frank Gifford's family says CTE found in his brain Updated: Nov-25-15 6:35 pm
NEW YORK - The family of Pro Football Hall of Famer Frank Gifford says signs of the degenerative disease chronic traumatic encephalopathy were found in his brain after his death.
- Military Veteran Project in Topeka growing Updated: Nov-23-15 10:45 am
TOPEKA, Kansas - If the Military Veteran Project succeeds at improving brain injury treatment and other goals, Melissa Jarboe won't be running the organization she founded.
- Red Wings put Johan Franzen on long-term injury reserve Updated: Nov-19-15 5:13 pm
DETROIT - The Detroit Red Wings have put forward Johan Franzen on long-term injury reserve because of concussion-like symptoms.
- Lawyers: NFL concussion deal excludes central brain injury Updated: Nov-19-15 3:11 pm
PHILADELPHIA - Former players appealing the NFL's $1 billion plan to address concussion-linked injuries asked a court on Thursday to reject the settlement because it excludes what they call the signature brain disease of football.
- Vikings QB Bridgewater leaves game with head injury Updated: Nov-08-15 6:41 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - Minnesota Vikings quarterback Teddy Bridgewater was knocked out of the game by a hit to the head in the fourth quarter against the St. Louis Rams on Sunday that caused a concussion.
- Laramie native Tristan Eickbush gives up football for health Updated: Nov-06-15 1:59 pm
LARAMIE, Wyoming - Two hits in a span of 24 hours changed Tristan Eickbush's life.
- 'Concussion' doctor aiding marijuana-based research company Updated: Nov-03-15 4:11 pm
The doctor portrayed in the upcoming football movie "Concussion" is on the board of a company looking for a marijuana-based treatment for head injuries.