- Browns quarterback carousel broken Updated: Dec-04-13 5:09 pm
- 5 former Chiefs sue team over head injuries Updated: Dec-03-13 10:27 pm
- Rams fail to slow down 49ers' passing game in loss Updated: Dec-01-13 9:14 pm
- Browns WR Gordon returns after head injury Updated: Dec-01-13 3:26 pm
- APNewsBreak: Ex-NHLers sue league on concussions Updated: Nov-25-13 6:18 pm
- Mass. high schools reporting more head injuries Updated: Nov-25-13 12:52 pm
- Wounded vet gets help from horse therapy program Updated: Nov-25-13 8:02 am
- Browns QB Campbell suffers concussion Updated: Nov-24-13 5:44 pm
- Raiders TE Rivera leaves with head injury Updated: Nov-24-13 5:25 pm
- Stacy among 3 Rams tested for concussion Updated: Nov-24-13 3:32 pm
- Column: Youth football could lose the numbers game Updated: Nov-20-13 11:17 am
- Utah QB Wilson out for season after concussion Updated: Nov-19-13 12:33 am
- Ganassi: Franchitti heartbroken over retirement Updated: Nov-15-13 7:02 pm
- Former Kansas player sues NCAA over head trauma Updated: Nov-14-13 12:42 pm
- Allen County unveils court to help struggling vets Updated: Nov-13-13 12:11 pm
- Arizona football player dies after game injury Updated: Nov-12-13 7:38 pm
- Nash to practice with Rangers on Wednesday Updated: Nov-12-13 5:57 pm
- Vidic hospitalized with head injury Updated: Nov-10-13 3:26 pm
- Concussion debate in rugby heating up Updated: Nov-08-13 3:36 am
- Art therapy for hurt soldiers expands to Belvoir Updated: Nov-07-13 3:19 am
BEREA, Ohio - The Browns' muddled quarterback situation has gotten messier.
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - Five former Kansas City Chiefs players who were on the team between 1987 and 1993 filed a lawsuit Tuesday claiming the team hid and even lied about the risks of head injuries during that time period when there was no collective bargaining agreement in place in the NFL.
SAN FRANCISCO - The St. Louis Rams arrived in San Francisco ready to grab some momentum for the December push with a third straight victory.
CLEVELAND - Browns wide receiver Josh Gordon has returned to the game after he sustained a head injury in the third quarter against Jacksonville.
WASHINGTON - Ten former National Hockey League players, including All-Star defenseman Gary Leeman, claimed in a class-action lawsuit that the league hasn't done enough to protect players from concussions.
BOSTON - Massachusetts high schools reported more than 4,400 concussions and other head injuries suffered by students while playing sports during the last school year, but that doesn't necessarily mean more students are getting injured, experts said.
TIMMONSVILLE, South Carolina - For wounded Army National Guard veteran Sgt. Matthew Smith, the timing could not have been more perfect when he was connected this March to Bethlehem Therapeutic Riding Stables, and the feeling is mutual.
CLEVELAND - Browns quarterback Jason Campbell was taken out of Sunday's game with a concussion following a sack in the third quarter against Pittsburgh.
ST. LOUIS - Rookie running back Zac Stacy was among three St. Louis Rams players evaluated for concussion-like symptoms against the Chicago Bears. Stacy, guard Chris Williams and cornerback Trumaine Johnson were all ruled out.
The deaths of 19 football players in a single season precipitated a national crisis in 1905, an event Doris Kearns Goodwin touches on in a new biography of president Teddy Roosevelt. There were 28 reported deaths some seven decades later, when James Michener created a stir with "Sports in America."
SALT LAKE CITY - Utah quarterback Travis Wilson will miss the rest of the season after the team discovered a preexisting medical condition during a concussion diagnosis last week, Utes coach Kyle Whittingham said Monday.
HOMESTEAD, Florida - In the six years Dario Franchitti had been driving for Chip Ganassi, he had only phoned his boss once from his home in Scotland.
TOPEKA, Kansas - Former University of Kansas fullback Christopher Powell alleges in a lawsuit that the NCAA failed to adequately protect athletes from head trauma.
FORT WAYNE, Indiana - Camouflage and boots are a natural in the home of Allen Superior Court Judge Fran Gull, whose family members have a long history with the nation's armed forces.
FLAGSTAFF, Arizona - The Hopi High School football team had its best regular season ever, going 9-1 into a playoff game against a top-seeded team. Facing a complete shutdown, senior wide receiver Charles Youvella caught a pass and scored the team's only touchdown in the third quarter.
MANCHESTER, England - Manchester United defender Nemanja Vidic has been hospitalized after sustaining a sickening-looking head injury in a collision with goalkeeper David de Gea during Sunday's 1-0 win over Arsenal.
LONDON - It's been nearly three years since Peter Robinson received the phone call every parent dreads.
FORT BELVOIR, Virginia - An art therapy program used to treat U.S. soldiers with brain injuries after serving in Iraq or Afghanistan is expanding to the military hospital at Fort Belvoir in northern Virginia.