- NCAA, DoD chip in big money for extensive concussion study Updated: Jun-25-15 2:25 am
More than 35,000 college athletes and cadets at U.S. service academies are helping researchers write a new, extensive and groundbreaking chapter in the study and tracking of concussions.
- NFL concussion awards on hold amid appeals through this fall Updated: Jun-24-15 10:07 pm
PHILADELPHIA - Retired NFL players seeking payouts from the potential $1 billion NFL concussion settlement could be waiting until next year based on appeals being weighed this fall.
- Toddler suffers head injuries after fall in Trenton Updated: Jun-23-15 6:28 am
TRENTON, New Jersey - A 2-year-old girl is in a Philadelphia hospital after she apparently fell from a window in New Jersey.
- Teen swept over dam improving despite severe brain injury Updated: Jun-12-15 9:14 am
FRANKLIN, Indiana - Her blue-green eyes still sparkle, and she lets people know when she is happy, uncomfortable or tired.
- In Montador's memory, Hawks' Carcillo speaks out for players Updated: Jun-12-15 2:38 am
- Ex-Illinois soccer player joins those suing over concussions Updated: Jun-08-15 10:56 pm
CHAMPAIGN, Illinois - A former University of Illinois soccer player has joined the list of the school's athletes who have complained that they had to endure improper medical treatment and playing conditions.
- Concussions drive movement to curb headers in youth soccer Updated: Jun-07-15 2:24 pm
Gracie Hussey was just 7 when she had her first concussion. In a youth soccer match, she was trying to head the ball into the goal when she collided with another player.
- 49ers announce right tackle Anthony Davis is retiring Updated: Jun-05-15 7:57 pm
SANTA CLARA, California - Right tackle Anthony Davis announced his retirement from the San Francisco 49ers in yet another shocking loss for the team this offseason, and it was unclear whether the decision stemmed from his difficulties with a concussion last year.