- Young doctors still pulled to specialties Updated: Apr-12-14 9:43 am
- DC Council to consider new ambulance plan Updated: Apr-11-14 3:19 am
- Test accurately rules out heart attacks in the ER Updated: Mar-30-14 2:43 pm
- Private hospitals may step in to ease ER crowding Updated: Mar-26-14 3:16 pm
- Emergency: Detainee at federal center hospitalized Updated: Mar-26-14 12:07 am
- 2 new E.R.'s planned in southwest Ohio Updated: Mar-23-14 9:11 am
- First aid for pets subject of new law Updated: Mar-20-14 4:35 pm
BALTIMORE - Despite nationwide efforts to encourage medical students to pursue primary-care specialties like pediatrics and internal medicine, most University of Maryland School of Medicine graduates are choosing other specialties.
WASHINGTON - A D.C. Council committee is considering a plan to improve the city's overtaxed emergency medical system.
WASHINGTON - A simple test appears very good at ruling out heart attacks in people who go to emergency rooms with chest pain, a big public health issue and a huge worry for patients.
LAS VEGAS - In an effort to help ease crowding in Las Vegas emergency rooms inundated with psychiatric patients, state officials said they are considering partnerships with private hospitals.
TACOMA,Wash. - A U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement official says a man held at a federal immigration detention center in Tacoma, Washington, was taken to a hospital after a "medical emergency." Other detainees told a newspaper that the man had tried to hang himself.
KETTERING, Ohio - Two new freestanding emergency rooms are planned for communities in southwest Ohio.
DENVER - Firefighters in Colorado are free to provide emergency care to pets under a bill signed into law Thursday.