- Authorities identify Hawaii shark victim Updated: Apr-30-15 4:41 pm
HONOLULU - Authorities in Hawaii have identified the victim of a fatal shark attack off Maui as a 65-year-old Kihei woman.
- Hawaii scientists try to explain uptick in shark attacks Updated: Apr-30-15 2:38 pm
HONOLULU - As the number of shark attacks in Maui continues to climb, researchers at the University of Hawaii are trying to figure out the reason.
- Rope suspension bridge opens over shark exhibit in Newport Updated: Apr-30-15 3:35 am
NEWPORT, Kentucky - A rope suspension bridge opens Thursday at Newport Aquarium in northern Kentucky, allowing visitors to walk across an open tank displaying nearly two dozen sharks.
- Surfer critically injured by shark off southern Australia Updated: Apr-25-15 7:16 am
ADELAIDE, Australia - A surfer was in critical condition after a shark attacked him Saturday in southern Australia, police said.
- Jaws meets kangaroo? Rare, cute pocket shark found in deep Updated: Apr-23-15 6:24 pm
WASHINGTON - Think Jaws meets a kangaroo, with maybe a touch of cute kitten, and you've got the aptly named pocket shark - the newest and rarest species found off the U.S. coast.
- Texas House OKs ban on shark fin sales; plan stalled in '13 Updated: Apr-15-15 1:47 pm
AUSTIN, Texas - The Texas House has voted to criminalize the sale of shark fins amid no shortage of "Jaws" jokes.
- Shark kills 13-year-old surfer on French Indian Ocean island Updated: Apr-12-15 5:14 am
PARIS - A 13-year-old boy has been killed by a shark while surfing off the shore of the French island of Reunion in the Indian Ocean.
- Orange County beach reopens after 2 shark sightings Updated: Apr-11-15 3:26 pm
SAN CLEMENTE, California - An Orange County beach has reopened following two shark sightings.
- Hawaii beach reopened after closure following shark sighting Updated: Apr-10-15 3:56 pm
HANALEI, Hawaii - Officials say a beach was reopened Friday morning on Hawaii's Kauai Island after it was closed overnight following a shark sighting.