- Pacers-Heat game most-watched ever for NBA TV Updated: Dec-11-13 6:17 pm
- NBC lures viewers with music and football Updated: Dec-10-13 6:25 pm
- Study: Erratic TV violence ratings fail parents Updated: Dec-09-13 8:41 am
- 'Sound of Music' alive for 18.5 million viewers Updated: Dec-06-13 12:29 pm
- Football and other fancy footwork rule in ratings Updated: Dec-04-13 2:50 pm
- Chris Wallace marks 10 years as Fox host Updated: Dec-04-13 10:34 am
- Nielsen buying Harris Interactive for about $117M Updated: Nov-25-13 12:07 pm
- 'Cops,' Spike TV call themselves a happy match Updated: Nov-20-13 4:26 pm
- Broncos' win over Chiefs draws big TV ratings Updated: Nov-19-13 2:36 pm
- Mich St-Kentucky ESPN's No. 2 nonconference game Updated: Nov-13-13 8:52 pm
- NFL attendance issues not just for also-rans Updated: Nov-13-13 7:48 pm
- JFK portrayals brought challenge for screen actors Updated: Nov-13-13 5:20 pm
- Nielsen's top programs for Nov. 4-11 Updated: Nov-13-13 12:50 am
- 'Killing Kennedy' gets big tune-in for network Updated: Nov-11-13 5:03 pm
NEW YORK - The Indiana Pacers' 90-84 victory over the Miami Heat on Tuesday night was the most-watched game ever on the league's NBA TV outlet.
NEW YORK - Singing and hard-hitting football is the formula for success for NBC, at least for one week.
LOS ANGELES - Violent dramas on the broadcast networks carry milder parental cautions than cable shows like "The Walking Dead" but can equal them in graphic gore, a failure of the TV ratings system, a new study found.
NEW YORK - "The Sound of Music" has the sound of a hit for NBC.
NEW YORK - Whether on the gridiron or the dance floor, fancy footwork ruled in the ratings last week.
NEW YORK - Chris Wallace may have fewer Sunday-morning viewers than his rivals on the weekly political chat shows, but he concedes nothing on quality.
Consumer research and TV ratings firm Nielsen agreed to buy market research firm Harris Interactive for about $116.6 million, saying it will help it provide insights to customers.
LOS ANGELES - "Cops" and Spike TV are having a mutual love affair, in a bad-boys manner of speaking.
NEW YORK - The Broncos' win over the previously undefeated Chiefs drew the largest television audience for a prime-time November game in 17 years.
CHICAGO - No. 2 Michigan State's victory over top-ranked Kentucky is the second most-viewed nonconference college basketball game on ESPN, behind another1-2 matchup.
PITTSBURGH - Mike Tomlin isn't much on public gratitude. Still, the perpetually focused Pittsburgh Steelers coach went out of his way to thank the fans who showed up at Heinz Field to watch his team drum the Buffalo Bills 23-10 on Sunday for its third win of the season.
LOS ANGELES - A wide range of actors have played President John F. Kennedy in the movies and on TV, starting even before his assassination 50 years ago. Some memorable portrayals:
Prime-time viewership numbers compiled by Nielsen for Nov. 4-11. Listings include the week's ranking and viewership.
NEW YORK - Viewers of the National Geographic Channel are slightly more interested in the Kennedy assassination than the killing of Abraham Lincoln - enough to set a viewing record for the 12-year-old network.