- Even before controversy, blacks cool to Oscars telecast Updated: Feb-11-16 11:05 am
NEW YORK - The largest black audience for the Academy Awards over the last dozen years came in 2005, when Chris Rock was host and Jamie Foxx and Morgan Freeman won the top male acting awards.
- TV viewers choose Simpson over Madoff in crime stories Updated: Feb-09-16 5:38 pm
NEW YORK - In a television competition between notorious criminals, O.J. Simpson topped Bernard Madoff.
- Super Bowl gets 111.9 million viewers, down from last year Updated: Feb-08-16 4:32 pm
NEW YORK - Setting television viewership records with the Super Bowl has become almost routine, but this year's average of 111.9 million viewers for Denver's victory over Carolina is down from the past two years.
- 'Thursday Night Football' to air on both CBS and NBC Updated: Feb-01-16 6:40 pm
"Thursday Night Football" will bounce around among CBS, NBC and NFL Network next season, and league executives are confident fans will find the games just fine.
- 'Grease' fights through rain, tragedy to reach 12.2 million Updated: Feb-01-16 5:05 pm
NEW YORK - Fox's live production of "Grease" fought rain, wind and personal tragedy to emerge a winner, with its audience of 12.2 million people eclipsing viewership for the last two musicals presented on NBC.
- Super Bowl an opportunity for 'CBS This Morning' Updated: Feb-01-16 10:39 am
NEW YORK - The Super Bowl looms as an important opportunity for the people at "CBS This Morning," although they have no plans to be anywhere near the San Francisco area.
- Spurs-Warriors matchup sets NBA TV viewing record Updated: Jan-26-16 7:57 pm
NEW YORK - Golden State's victory over San Antonio in a showdown of the league's top teams was the most-watched telecast ever on NBA TV.
- AFC title games draws 2nd-best viewership on record Updated: Jan-25-16 7:06 pm
NEW YORK - The AFC championship game has drawn its second-largest television audience on record.
- Nielsen's top programs for Jan. 11-17 Updated: Jan-20-16 5:06 pm
Prime-time viewership numbers compiled by Nielsen for Jan. 11-17. Listings include the week's ranking and viewership.
- Cardinals' win earns best Saturday night divisional rating Updated: Jan-17-16 8:50 pm
NEW YORK - The Cardinals' overtime playoff win over the Packers is the highest-rated Saturday prime-time divisional game since the NFL instituted the time slot in 2001.
- Netflix chief says 2016 will bring emphasis on family shows Updated: Jan-17-16 3:42 pm
PASADENA, California - Netflix says it will make a special effort to produce programming for children and families, with the streaming service offering 20 new programs in the category this year led by the Feb. 26 premiere of the "Fuller House" remake.
- Campaign ads deluge 'Wheel' watchers, morning shows Updated: Jan-14-16 2:33 pm
WASHINGTON - Political groups are flooding the airwaves with advertisements during popular game shows, including "Wheel of Fortune," ''Jeopardy" and "Family Feud," and pouring money into spots during local news and network morning shows as they try to sway presidential primary voters, according to an analysis by The Associated Press.