- Elderly California man rescued from wilderness near Tahoe Updated: Oct-08-15 6:22 pm
INCLINE VILLAGE, Nevada - An elderly California man who had been reported missing is thanking the Nevada deputies and volunteer search teams that rescued him from the wilderness near Lake Tahoe.
- Operation Rescue: Undercover video operation cost $120,000 Updated: Oct-08-15 3:11 pm
WICHITA, Kansas - The head of the anti-abortion group Operation Rescue says his organization and the Center for Medical Progress are "taking down" Planned Parenthood on a $120,000 budget. That is the amount he says was raised over three years for the undercover video operation that has set off a national uproar over use of tissue from aborted fetuses.
- Search for man wanted in suspected homicide continues Updated: Oct-08-15 8:19 am
KENOSHA, Wisconsin - Law enforcement officers stopped traffic at two Kenosha County highway intersections as they intensified their search for a man wanted for a suspected homicide, robbery and theft.
- Searchers find no sign of kidnapped Italian in Philippines Updated: Oct-08-15 6:52 am
MANILA, Philippines - Philippine forces searched on land and sea Thursday but were unable to find any sign of a former Italian Roman Catholic missionary who was abducted by gunmen in the south, where he has lived for years despite a history of violent attacks on fellow Italian priests, officials said.
- Finding recorder key to solving the sinking of cargo ship Updated: Oct-08-15 5:01 am
JACKSONVILLE, Florida - Investigators trying to determine why a 790-foot cargo ship stalled and sank in the howling winds of Hurricane Joaquin will be searching for a brightly colored device bolted to the deck and pinging away in the blackness and pressure of the 15,000-foot-deep sea.
- Search for missing infant in Florida; parents jailed Updated: Oct-07-15 11:18 pm
SARASOTA, Florida - Florida authorities are searching for the 9-week-old boy of a couple arrested in South Carolina.
- Men on tiny raft rescued off California coast Updated: Oct-07-15 8:41 pm
LAGUNA BEACH, California - Authorities say two men - one of whom couldn't swim - have been rescued after floating for hours in a tiny raft miles off the Southern California coast.
- The Latest: Coast Guard calls off search for missing crew Updated: Oct-07-15 7:53 pm
JACKSONVILLE, Florida - The latest on a U.S.-based cargo ship that sank in the Atlantic and the search for crew members. All times local:
- Body in Lansing river ends search for man missing for months Updated: Oct-07-15 7:25 pm
LANSING, Michigan - Police in Lansing believe they have recovered the body of a missing man in the Grand River, a few weeks after a leg was discovered.
- Coast Guard: Rescue off beach lands man in police custody Updated: Oct-07-15 7:15 pm
HONOLULU - The Coast Guard says it rescued a man at sea, found out he has outstanding warrants and then turned him over to Honolulu police.
- Coast Guard helps in sailboat rescue near Apostle Islands Updated: Oct-07-15 5:15 pm
BAYFIELD, Wisconsin - The U.S. Coast Guard has helped rescue two people and their dog from a sailboat near the Apostle Islands.
- Search resumes for canoeist who fell into Smith River Updated: Oct-07-15 11:44 am
MARTINSVILLE, Virginia - A Martinsville man is missing after he fell from a canoe into the Smith River.
- Hancock County K-9 deputy Radar spotted; search resumes Updated: Oct-07-15 5:49 am
BAY ST. LOUIS, Mississippi - Radar, the Hancock County Sheriff's Office bloodhound that went missing two weeks ago after a car accident on Mississippi 43, has been spotted alive.
- Child, 2 adults injured in amusement ride accident at fair Updated: Oct-07-15 5:40 am
LIVINGSTON, Louisiana - Two adults have been injured while rescuing a 10-year-old girl who was hurt on a children's ride at the Livingston Parish Fair.
- Coast Guard suspends search for man in Pamlico River Updated: Oct-07-15 4:32 am
WASHINGTON, North Carolina - The U.S. Coast Guard has suspended its search for a 53-year-old man in the Pamlico River.
- Helicopter rescue team plucks injured hiker from North Shore Updated: Oct-06-15 8:18 pm
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - A St. Paul-based helicopter rescue team was able to pluck an injured hiker from Minnesota's North Shore of Lake Superior.
- Dog rescued after fall into crack at Volcanoes National Park Updated: Oct-06-15 4:33 pm
HONOLULU - A Big Island family was reunited with their dog after a rescue team removed the Labrador retriever trapped in a crack in the earth at Hawaii Volcanoes National Park.
- 2 ships collide off Belgium's Zeebrugge; crew of 11 rescued Updated: Oct-06-15 10:43 am
BRUSSELS - A Dutch cargo ship sank off the Belgian coast after colliding with a gas tanker early Tuesday. The crew of 11 was rescued.
- Yacht missing with 2 Britons, American, Canadian, Filipino Updated: Oct-06-15 10:19 am
MANILA, Philippines - A yacht carrying two Britons, an American, a Canadian and a Filipino disappeared while sailing in waters that were lashed by a storm last week, the Philippine coast guard said Tuesday.
- Mother, baby rescued after being swept away in flash flood Updated: Oct-06-15 8:48 am
KAILUA, Hawaii - Authorities say a mother and her infant are recovering after being swept away by flash flood waters along Maunawili Falls Trail on Oahu.
- Firefighters rescue boy stuck in tree using Jaws of Life Updated: Oct-06-15 3:47 am
MANCHESTER, New Hampshire - Officials say New Hampshire firefighters freed a child who got stuck in a tree using a tool commonly known for prying open vehicles to free people trapped inside.
- Boy Scout leader rescued after heart attack on Arizona hike Updated: Oct-05-15 10:23 pm
SIERRA VISTA, Arizona - A Boy Scout leader had to be rescued after suffering a heart attack on a southern Arizona hike with his troop.
- 2nd body recovered after New York City building explosion Updated: Oct-05-15 8:25 pm
NEW YORK - A second body was discovered Monday in the rubble of an apartment building that exploded over the weekend.
- Search resumes for 3 missing boaters on Lake of the Woods Updated: Oct-05-15 7:46 pm
BAUDETTE, Minnesota - A search resumed Monday for three missing men on a northern Minnesota lake near the Canadian border, but searchers were finding no trace of the men, a sheriff said.
- The Latest: Mid-Atlantic recovers from nor'easter Updated: Oct-05-15 4:39 pm
The latest on flooding and impacts of a nor'easter that moved through the region.