- Malaysia's air force says jet may have turned back Updated: Mar-12-14 12:31 am
- Search scaled back for 2 missing Lake Mead boaters Updated: Mar-11-14 1:37 pm
- Oregon kayaker dies on California river Updated: Mar-11-14 1:31 pm
- Police find missing elderly Missouri woman Updated: Mar-11-14 10:58 am
- Swedes arrive ashore in Delaware after sea rescue Updated: Mar-11-14 9:37 am
- States wrestle with developing, restricting drones Updated: Mar-11-14 6:43 am
- Sled dog rescue team makes winter debut Updated: Mar-11-14 4:13 am
- Man learns diving to look for wife lost in tsunami Updated: Mar-10-14 11:49 pm
- How can jet disappear? In the ocean, it's not hard Updated: Mar-10-14 8:23 pm
- Stranded climber rescued from NC mountain Updated: Mar-10-14 8:02 pm
- Woman rescued after walking onto thin river ice Updated: Mar-10-14 6:53 pm
- Investigators trying to determine who shot officer Updated: Mar-10-14 6:10 pm
- Kingman man recovering after cliff fall in Arizona Updated: Mar-10-14 3:31 pm
- 2 Aiken County boys save brother from hanging Updated: Mar-10-14 6:20 am
- Suspect eyed in theft of Utah dinosaur track Updated: Mar-09-14 6:14 pm
- Coast Guard rescues 2 snowmobilers on Saginaw Bay Updated: Mar-09-14 2:15 pm
- Crews rescue 3 on Clackamas River Updated: Mar-09-14 1:02 pm
- Vt. officials rescue 3 lost hikers Updated: Mar-09-14 11:45 am
- 3 juveniles safe after falling through ice in Indy Updated: Mar-08-14 4:13 pm
- US Navy sends destroyer to help in plane search Updated: Mar-08-14 12:04 pm
- Alaska utility buys avalanche rescue technology Updated: Mar-08-14 5:47 am
- Police find missing San Leandro boy Updated: Mar-08-14 1:35 am
- Search continues for missing spring breaker Updated: Mar-07-14 11:19 am
- Son of rescued migrant to serve on military boat Updated: Mar-07-14 10:55 am
- Crews searching for man missing off Ala coast Updated: Mar-07-14 8:46 am
KUALA LUMPUR, Malaysia - More than four days after a Malaysian jetliner went missing on route to Beijing, authorities acknowledged Wednesday they didn't know in which direction the plane and its 239 passengers was heading when it disappeared, vastly complicating efforts to find it.
LAS VEGAS - A National Park Service official says searches have been scaled back to routine patrols in a Lake Mead area where two Las Vegas-area fishermen were reported missing from a capsized boat more than two weeks ago.
CRESCENT CITY, California - An Oregon kayaker has died after being pinned underwater while paddling a rain-swollen river in far Northern California.
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - A Silver Alert for a missing northwest Missouri woman has been canceled.
WILMINGTON, Delaware - Two stranded Swedes, rescued Saturday from a sinking sailboat off Bermuda, came ashore Monday night at Port of Wilmington.
BRIGHAM CITY, Utah - Law enforcement, government agencies and others are itching to use drones for everything from finding lost hikers to tracking shifting wildfires. But privacy watchdogs are urging state legislatures to step in and head off any potential privacy violations.
TRAVERSE CITY, Michigan - Sarah Dobbrastine has three words for this winter: Keep it coming.
TAKENOURA, Japan - On a chilly morning last weekend, a 57-year-old Japanese man adjusted his diving mask before heading out to sea from the tsunami-hit northeast coast.
KUALA LUMPUR, Malaysia - In an age when people assume that any bit of information is just a click away, the thought that a jetliner could simply disappear over the ocean for more than two days is staggering. But Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370 is hardly the first reminder of how big the seas are, and of how agonizing it can be to try to find something lost in them.
NEBO, North Carolina - Rescuers used a Black Hawk helicopter to get to a climber who fell from Shortoff Mountain in Burke County.
HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania - A woman had to be rescued after she walked out onto thinning ice covering the Susquehanna River near the Market Street bridge in Harrisburg.
SAN FRANCISCO - San Francisco police said Monday it's still not clear who shot and wounded an officer over the weekend, and investigators are looking for the bullet.
GOLDEN VALLEY, Arizona - A Kingman man is recovering in a Nevada hospital after falling about 50 feet while rappelling a cliff in northwestern Arizona.
AIKEN, South Carolina - Call it a case of brotherly love.
MOAB, Utah - Authorities in southeast Utah say they have a suspect in the theft of a fossilized dinosaur footprint on public land.
BAY CITY, Michigan - The U.S. Coast Guard says it rescued two men whose snowmobiles crashed through the ice about a mile from shore on Saginaw Bay near Bay City.
PORTLAND, Oregon - Authorities have rescued three adults who were stranded on the Clackamas River after their small raft hit debris and sank.
SOMERSET, Vermont - Vermont State Police say three hikers were rescued Saturday night from the East Branch Trail in Somerset.
INDIANAPOLIS - Authorities say a central Indiana man rescued two juveniles who fell through the ice on a retention pond, while a third pulled himself to safety.
WASHINGTON - The Navy says it has dispatched a warship to aid in the search for a missing Malaysia Airlines jetliner.
JUNEAU, Alaska - Alaska Electric Light & Power Inc. has purchased a piece of equipment - a long-range receiver that mounts to a helicopter - that will make avalanche rescues faster, more efficient and less dangerous for rescue workers.
SAN LEANDRO, California - San Leandro police say they have found a 10-year-old boy who did come home from school.
PANAMA CITY BEACH, Florida - The family of a 21-year-old Rice University student who went missing while on spring break in Panama City Beach is asking the public to continue looking for him.
NEW LONDON, Connecticut - An assignment to a Hawaii-based cutter responsible for enforcing immigration law has special meaning for U.S. Coast Guard Academy cadet Marlon Camejo.
MOBILE, Alabama - The Coast Guard is searching the Gulf of Mexico for a crewman who fell off a fishing boat nearly 60 miles south of Mobile Bay.