- Woman, 4 children killed as flood swamps Texas neighborhood Updated: Apr-30-16 6:57 pm
FORT WORTH, Texas - Lisa Asberry Davis said on Saturday that she and her three children waded to safety through water up to their chins after torrential rains in East Texas swamped a cul-de-sac of homes during the night and forced some residents onto rooftops.
- The Latest: Bodies of East Texas flood victims identified Updated: Apr-30-16 2:28 pm
PALESTINE, Texas - The Latest on Texas flooding (all times local):
- Police rescue 4 people from burning car following crash Updated: Apr-30-16 2:04 pm
CLIFTON, New Jersey - Authorities say police officers pulled four people from a burning car that struck three boulders before it crashed in a wooded area of Clifton.
- NYPD rescues man whose kayak was sinking off Coney Island Updated: Apr-30-16 12:12 pm
NEW YORK - NYPD officers have rescued a kayaker whose vessel was sinking off Coney Island.
- Wrecked helicopter fuselage raised from the sea in Norway Updated: Apr-30-16 10:19 am
COPENHAGEN, Denmark - Emergency crews pulled the wrecked fuselage of an Airbus EC-225 helicopter out of the sea Saturday off western Norway after a crash that killed all 13 people on board.
- 4 young runaways found sneaking back into Florida facility Updated: Apr-29-16 8:34 pm
BRANDON, Florida - Four girls who apparently ran away from a facility for foster children near Tampa were found safe as they tried to sneak back onto the same property, authorities said Friday.
- The Latest: 4 girls found safe trying to sneak into facility Updated: Apr-29-16 8:29 pm
TAMPA, Florida - The Latest on four girls who ran away from a foster home near Tampa, Florida. (all times local):
- 8 children, 2 tied up in backyard, rescued from Texas home Updated: Apr-29-16 7:33 pm
AUSTIN, Texas - A late-night phone call to police about a crying child led to the discovery of eight children unsupervised at a San Antonio home, including a 2-year-old boy chained in the backyard and a 3-year-old girl tied to a door with a dog leash, authorities said Friday.
- The Latest: 2 kids found in Texas home still hospitalized Updated: Apr-29-16 6:33 pm
SAN ANTONIO - The Latest on authorities finding eight unsupervised children at a San Antonio home, including two toddlers found tied up in the backyard (all times local):
- Deputy rescues 2-year-old child from Yellowstone River Updated: Apr-29-16 5:57 pm
BILLINGS, Montana - A Yellowstone County sheriff's deputy rescued a 2-year-old boy who fell into the Yellowstone River Friday morning.
- Guatemala declares 24 missing in garbage landslide at dump Updated: Apr-29-16 3:25 pm
GUATEMALA CITY - Guatemala City authorities say that 24 people are listed as missing two days after a massive slope of trash collapsed, killing at least four people.
- The Latest: Black boxes found in Norwegian helicopter crash Updated: Apr-29-16 1:57 pm
COPENHAGEN, Denmark - The Latest on the crash of a helicopter on an island off western Norway (all times local):
- South Carolina officials search records for foam's use Updated: Apr-29-16 12:42 pm
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - South Carolina is one of a dozen states beginning to investigate whether a toxic firefighting foam that could be linked to groundwater contamination was ever used in the state.
- Coast Guard rescues 3 after fishing boat sinks in collision Updated: Apr-29-16 4:14 am
CAPE MAY, New Jersey - The U.S. Coast Guard says it has rescued three men from a life raft after their fishing boat collided with a tug boat and sank six miles off the coast of southern New Jersey.
- Hawaii police make arrest in attack on endangered seal Updated: Apr-29-16 2:29 am
LIHUE, Hawaii - Authorities in Hawaii have made an arrest in connection with an attack on an endangered monk seal that was caught on video.
- 2 inmates who walked away from work crews apprehended Updated: Apr-28-16 10:25 pm
SALEM, Oregon - Authorities have apprehended two inmates who walked away from work crews Tuesday.
- Body of fourth missing man found in southeast Georgia river Updated: Apr-28-16 7:20 pm
BRUNSWICK, Georgia - Authorities say the body of a fourth missing man has been found after a boat carrying the men capsized in a southeast Georgia river.
- Geese rescued from roof of Salt Lake Valley school Updated: Apr-28-16 1:35 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - Utah wildlife officials have some company at their office in Springville after relocating a family of geese that had been trapped on the roof of a charter school.
- Labrador helps save Arizona man stranded in snowstorm Updated: Apr-28-16 10:41 am
FLAGSTAFF, Arizona - Police say a man wearing only a T-shirt during a snowstorm would have frozen to death at the base of an Arizona mountain had it not been for an alert 2-year-old black Labrador mix.
- Authorities search for man who killed Pensacola store owner Updated: Apr-28-16 8:42 am
PENSACOLA, Florida - A Pensacola convenience store owner is dead and authorities are searching for the person who shot him during an armed robbery.
- Search resumes for missing treasure hunter Updated: Apr-27-16 9:28 pm
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - Authorities on Wednesday resumed the search for a Colorado man who disappeared more than three months ago while hunting for a $2 million cache of gold, jewels and artifacts in a rugged part of New Mexico.
- Boy, 10, honored for rescuing 4-year-old lost in woods Updated: Apr-27-16 3:45 pm
GOSHEN, Massachusetts - A 10-year-old Massachusetts boy has been presented with a medal for finding a 4-year-old boy who got lost in the woods last month while playing with a puppy.
- Wrong-way driver causes crash, runs from LA freeway Updated: Apr-27-16 12:40 pm
LOS ANGELES - Los Angeles authorities are searching for a man who drove the wrong way on westbound U.S. 101 and slammed into a big rig and two cars before running from the scene.
- State police helicopter helps rescue teen after cliff fall Updated: Apr-27-16 10:58 am
CUMBERLAND, Maryland - Authorities in Cumberland say a 16-year-old boy is recovering after falling 40 feet down a cliff.
- German shepherd helps rescue children from burning home Updated: Apr-27-16 6:14 am
LONGWOOD, Florida - Authorities in central Florida say a German shepherd helped firefighters locate the two young children of his owners in heavy smoke as a blaze destroyed their home.