- Storm lingering in southern Plains; more flooding possible Updated: Nov-29-15 5:52 pm
DALLAS - A deadly storm that has caused flooding and coated parts of the southern Plains in ice during the Thanksgiving holiday weekend dumped more rain on already swollen rivers in parts of North Texas and Arkansas on Sunday and made driving dangerous in parts of Oklahoma.
- Hunt on for mother of baby buried alive in California Updated: Nov-29-15 5:44 pm
COMPTON, California - Authorities are looking for the mother of a newborn baby girl who was buried alive near a Southern California bike path.
- Despite saving lives, air ambulance companies under fire Updated: Nov-29-15 2:09 pm
BOZEMAN, Montana - Earlier this month, a Summit Air Ambulance helicopter raced up Hyalite Canyon south of Bozeman in search of a skier impaled on a tree.
- New Hampshire rescuers busy with 2 distress calls in Whites Updated: Nov-29-15 9:04 am
LANCASTER, New Hampshire - New Hampshire Fish and Game conservation officers were busy juggling two rescue missions in the northern White Mountains.
- Rescuers euthanize dolphin calf stranded in California marsh Updated: Nov-28-15 9:36 pm
MOSS LANDING, California - Veterinarians have euthanized a dolphin calf that was rescued after being stranded in a Northern California marsh.
- The Latest: More than 80,000 in Oklahoma without power Updated: Nov-28-15 6:15 pm
OKLAHOMA CITY - The latest on wintry weather and heavy rainfall in Oklahoma (all times local):
- Helicopter, ATVs, horses used in search for missing man Updated: Nov-28-15 5:29 pm
MONTICELLO, Minnesota - Searchers have been using a helicopter, ATVs and horses in the search for a missing college student in Monticello.
- Family, authorities search for missing Eufaula woman Updated: Nov-28-15 3:21 pm
EUFAULA, Oklahoma - Law enforcement and the family of a Eufaula woman who disappeared nearly two weeks ago say they haven't given up on finding the woman.
- Man wanted in W. Virginia homicides captured in Virginia Updated: Nov-28-15 2:59 pm
MARLINTON, West Virginia - A man that police consider a person of interest in the deaths of two people in West Virginia was captured Saturday in Virginia after a 2 1/2 hour standoff with law enforcement that ended when officials coaxed him to toss his guns out of his car before hitting him with a stun gun and taking him into custody, the sheriff said Saturday.
- Police search for man accused in shooting death of daughter Updated: Nov-28-15 2:35 pm
ATLANTA - Authorities are searching for a man accused in the shooting death of his six-year-old daughter in Atlanta.
- Police search for teen accused of raping, kidnapping woman Updated: Nov-28-15 11:49 am
TUSCALOOSA, Alabama - Police are searching for a 17-year-old male accused of raping and robbing a woman after kidnapping her from a mall parking lot in Tuscaloosa.
- Avalanche danger slows search for missing Hatcher Pass skier Updated: Nov-27-15 1:13 pm
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - Avalanche danger is continuing to hamper search efforts for a man missing at Hatcher Pass.
- A search for family in Haiti raises questions about adoption Updated: Nov-27-15 12:15 pm
PORT-AU-PRINCE, Haiti - As Mariette Williams waited for her flight from South Florida to Haiti, she paced the departure lounge, folding and re-folding her ticket and clutching the handle of a bag sagging with gifts. She was excited but terrified: For the first time in nearly 30 years, she was about to see her mother.
- Police: bystanders rescue woman stabbed in robbery in Ohio Updated: Nov-27-15 9:10 am
CINCINNATI - Police say bystanders rescued a shopper who was slashed by another woman with a large knife in an attempted robbery in a grocery parking lot in Cincinnati.
- Crews search for missing man in upstate New York Updated: Nov-27-15 9:07 am
SARATOGA, New York - Authorities are searching for a man who went missing earlier this week near his upstate New York home.
- Dogs removed during Danville raid going to rescue groups Updated: Nov-26-15 4:27 pm
DANVILLE, Kentucky - A group of dogs taken during a police raid of a Danville home are being transferred to animal rescue organizations.
- Coast Guard rescues pair after fishing boat capsizes Updated: Nov-26-15 3:50 pm
MIAMI - The U.S. Coast Guard in Miami rescued two people after their fishing boat capsized and sank hundreds of miles from Key West, Florida
- Coast Guard rescues fisherman off Rhode Island coastline Updated: Nov-26-15 3:09 pm
NARRAGANSETT, Rhode Island - The Coast Guard says it has rescued a man who suffered chest pains while aboard a fishing boat off the Rhode Island coastline.
- Chilean man missing from cargo vessel north of Puerto Rico Updated: Nov-26-15 2:34 pm
SAN JUAN, Puerto Rico - U.S. Coast Guard rescue teams are combing the Atlantic Ocean near Puerto Rico in search of a Chilean man reported missing from a cargo vessel traveling through the region.
- Brothers survive 2 avalanches while skiing in Colorado Updated: Nov-26-15 2:05 pm
OPHIR, Colorado - Two brothers survived two massive avalanches while skiing in Colorado's backcountry even though both feared the other was dead.
- Triumphant story of Chihuahua named G.I. Joe inspires Minot Updated: Nov-26-15 11:35 am
MINOT, North Dakota - An 8-1/2 pound survivor named G.I. Joe has experienced an amazing turnaround in his life. The long-haired chihuahua cross owes a lot to his new-found human friends, but it's his friends who are thanking him for showing them what it means to be a fighter.
- Wild Divers: Searching for Chesapeake gold Updated: Nov-26-15 9:05 am
CLAIBORNE, Maryland - There is another hour before the sun rises when Derek Wilson and Nick Hargrove finish fueling up their boat, load up the empty bushel baskets and head out onto the Chesapeake Bay.
- Travel not recommended along Kuskokwim because of thin ice Updated: Nov-25-15 7:41 pm
BETHEL, Alaska - Residents are being advised not to use the Kuskokwim River in western Alaska because of thinning ice.
- Amid Syria's civil war, a James Bond-style rescue operation Updated: Nov-25-15 2:53 pm
BEIRUT - In the whirlwind of Syria's civil war, two Russian pilots parachuted from their aircraft into a chaotic front-line mountainous region near the border with Turkey after their aircraft was hit by a Turkish F-16 fighter jet.
- 2 men rescued after boat capsizes in Mississippi Sound Updated: Nov-25-15 6:20 am
PASS CHRISTIAN, Mississippi - The Mississippi Department of Marine Resources rescued two men who went missing after their boat capsized in the Mississippi Sound.