- 2 dead after ferry sinks off South Korean coast Updated: Apr-16-14 12:26 am
- Missing autistic teen in NW Ohio found safe Updated: Apr-15-14 9:40 pm
- 12-year-old hiker rescued from Jemez Mountains Updated: Apr-15-14 9:40 pm
- Soldier, nephew of 2 missing in slide, found dead Updated: Apr-15-14 8:40 pm
- Robot sub returns to water after 1st try cut short Updated: Apr-15-14 7:43 pm
- Tree falls on metro Atlanta house, 2 women rescued Updated: Apr-15-14 7:13 pm
- Coast Guard searches for man overboard off Oahu Updated: Apr-15-14 12:58 pm
- Coast Guard searches for man overboard off Oahu Updated: Apr-15-14 12:04 pm
- Vermont rescue team saves man in river Updated: Apr-15-14 10:38 am
- People rescued in Colorado Springs apartment fire Updated: Apr-15-14 9:17 am
- Woman rescued after crashing car into pond Updated: Apr-15-14 8:22 am
- Rescuers searching for man in NH river Updated: Apr-15-14 6:26 am
- Ailing man rescued from boat off Del. coast Updated: Apr-15-14 6:25 am
- Olive Branch man killed; police seek suspect Updated: Apr-15-14 6:16 am
- Man injured while canyoneering in northern Arizona Updated: Apr-14-14 9:58 pm
- On-water lake search suspended for missing man Updated: Apr-14-14 4:46 pm
- Father, sons become stranded for days on Utah hike Updated: Apr-14-14 2:47 pm
- Man, sons rescued after wife calls for help Updated: Apr-14-14 11:17 am
- False leads in search for missing jet Updated: Apr-14-14 11:08 am
- State Patrol: Wash. mudslide area not for tourists Updated: Apr-14-14 10:09 am
- 10 people rescued from fishing boats on river Updated: Apr-14-14 6:05 am
- Long Island police rescue 2 after canoe capsizes Updated: Apr-13-14 9:26 pm
- Are bones missing man's or from an animal? Updated: Apr-13-14 8:20 pm
- Teen lost while hiking near Los Alamos found Updated: Apr-13-14 6:22 pm
- Man who rescued baby to meet her 58 years later Updated: Apr-13-14 11:08 am
SEOUL, South Korea - Dozens of boats, helicopters and divers scrambled Wednesday to rescue more than 470 people, including 325 high school students on a school trip, after a ferry sank off South Korea's southern coast, killing at least two and injuring 14, officials said.
TIFFIN, Ohio - The mother of a northwest Ohio autistic teen who had been missing since Sunday says her son has been found safe.
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - Authorities say a 12-year-old boy who fell off a cliff while hiking in the Jemez Mountains has been rescued.
OLYMPIA, Washington - A soldier found dead in the woods near Olympia on Tuesday was the nephew of two presumed victims of last month's devastating landslide in Washington state, the Army said.
PERTH, Australia - A robotic submarine looking for the lost Malaysian jet continued its second seabed search on Wednesday as up to 14 planes were to take to the skies for some of the final sweeps of the Indian Ocean for floating debris from the ill-fated airliner.
MARIETTA, Georgia - Two women who were trapped when a tree fell onto a house in suburban Atlanta have been rescued and taken to a local hospital.
HONOLULU - The Coast Guard says a search has been launched for a Japanese crew member of a container ship who was reported overboard northeast of Oahu.
HONOLULU - The Coast Guard says a search has been launched for a 23-year-old crew member of a container ship who was reported overboard northeast of Oahu.
SPRINGFIELD, Vermont - Vermont emergency workers have rescued a man stranded in the middle of a treacherous section of river in downtown Springfield.
COLORADO SPRINGS, Colorado - Several people were hospitalized and some had to be rescued after a fire broke out in a Colorado Springs apartment complex.
ROGERS, Minnesota - A passer-by pulled a driver to safety after she lost control of her car and crashed into a pond in Rogers.
BRISTOL, New Hampshire - Rescue crews have been searching a New Hampshire river for a man who went in and was not seen afterward.
LEWES, Delaware - The Coast Guard has rescued a man who needed medical attention from a fishing boat off Delaware.
OLIVE BRANCH, Mississippi - Police say a 26-year-old man was shot and killed outside a house in Olive Branch.
FLAGSTAFF, Arizona - A Phoenix man is being treated at a hospital after falling while canyoneering in northern Arizona.
KALAMAZOO, Michigan - Authorities are suspending on-water searches for a Kalamazoo man they believe fell through ice on a western Michigan lake.
PANGUITCH, Utah - A Utah father said Monday that emergency preparation helped save the lives of his two young sons when a 3-hour hike turned into a dayslong ordeal after he became trapped between tight canyon walls.
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - Alaska State Troopers say a 39-year-old Eagle River man and his two sons were rescued after they were reported overdue from a hike.
If the signals detected deep in the Indian Ocean are truly from the wreckage from Malaysia Airlines Flight 370, they ultimately will close the book on a frustrating long list of false leads in the effort to find the jet. Here are the most prominent moments in which hopes of solving the tragic aviation mystery were dashed:
ARLINGTON, Washington - Three weeks after the deadly Oso mudslide, the Washington State Patrol wants drivers to know the slide area is "not a tourist attraction."
MARINETTE, Wisconsin - Authorities in eastern Wisconsin rescued 10 people - including three children - from four small fishing boats that became stranded in the rising waters of the Menominee River.
KINGS PARK, New York - Police on Long Island rescued two men from the chilly waters of Smithtown Bay after their canoe overturned.
WALLS, Mississippi - A daylong search for a man missing nearly a year turned up bones, but investigators don't know whether they're human or animal - let alone those of James Irby Jr.
LOS ALAMOS, New Mexico - A teenager who was lost while out hiking near Los Alamos has been located.
VONORE, Tennessee - Dave Hickman couldn't believe his eyes as he stumbled across the shocking find in a secluded patch of woods near Boston, Indiana, on Sept. 22, 1955.