- VA moving 800 jobs from St. Louis city to county Updated: Mar-07-14 9:28 am
- App-based car shares Seattle vote postponed Updated: Mar-07-14 7:08 am
- Kansas City won't allow drunk people to carry guns Updated: Mar-07-14 7:02 am
- Taxis, limos upset over rules for tech competition Updated: Mar-07-14 2:10 am
- Mayor stresses safer streets, housing in address Updated: Mar-07-14 1:37 am
- Philippine town vice mayor freed by kidnappers Updated: Mar-06-14 10:40 pm
- Mayors say big cities are driving US resurgence Updated: Mar-06-14 9:58 pm
- Lawmakers mount new push against Sunday liquor ban Updated: Mar-06-14 9:37 pm
- Cruise ship rescues Cuban migrants adrift at sea Updated: Mar-06-14 7:41 pm
- Poll: Voters not thrilled with de Blasio's start Updated: Mar-06-14 7:13 pm
- Mayors seek assurances on gas line project Updated: Mar-06-14 7:06 pm
- Utah top House Democrat won't seek re-election Updated: Mar-06-14 6:05 pm
- 4 dead in New Jersey fire; mix-up delayed response Updated: Mar-06-14 5:42 pm
- Can the calm last in the municipal bond market? Updated: Mar-06-14 2:34 pm
- Excerpts from recent North Dakota editorials Updated: Mar-06-14 2:14 pm
- Mayor offers cash to push state on visitors center Updated: Mar-06-14 1:58 pm
- Richwood mayor defends police chief hiring Updated: Mar-06-14 12:33 pm
- Proposed Michigan sewage plant concerns Hoosiers Updated: Mar-06-14 11:49 am
- NJ plans traffic changes to avoid Rt 35 gridlock Updated: Mar-06-14 11:47 am
- Ellisville ending red-light camera enforcement Updated: Mar-06-14 11:28 am
- Audit: Sorrento lacking in collecting unpaid bills Updated: Mar-06-14 10:37 am
- 2 NH towns to vote on bridge demolition Updated: Mar-06-14 9:43 am
- Pay raises consider for Lake Arthur mayor, council Updated: Mar-06-14 8:56 am
- Modular nuclear reactor study funded for Hanford Updated: Mar-06-14 8:37 am
- Long Beach mayoral hopeful's ad shows San Diego Updated: Mar-06-14 8:20 am
ST. LOUIS - The U.S. government is consolidating Veterans Affairs operations in the St. Louis area, meaning more than 800 jobs will be moving out of downtown St. Louis and to St. Louis County.
SEATTLE - A Seattle City Council vote regulating popular app-based rideshare companies has been postponed until March 17. The vote was originally scheduled for next Monday.
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - Intoxicated people still can't legally carry guns in Kansas City.
DENVER - Frustrated and angry, more than 100 cabbies pulled up outside the Colorado Statehouse early this legislative session to protest tech startups known as ridesharing services.
OAKLAND, California - Oakland Mayor Jean Quan is promising safer streets and more affordable housing in a city she describes as "booming."
MANILA, Philippines - A southern Philippine town vice mayor who was reportedly abducted outside a shopping mall earlier this week has been released, police said Friday.
CHICAGO - Mayors of some of America's biggest cities said Thursday that cities, not Washington, D.C., are driving the country's economic growth.
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - Minnesota lawmakers hoping to lift the state's decades-old law that forces liquor stores to be closed on Sunday are introducing a range of compromises that would soften the ban, as well as the option to fully repeal it.
GEORGE TOWN, Cayman Islands - The government of the Cayman Islands says 24 Cuban migrants rescued by a cruise ship appear to be in good health.
NEW YORK - Only thirty-nine percent of registered New York City voters believe Mayor Bill de Blasio's has done a "good" or "excellent" job during his first two months in City Hall, according to a poll released Thursday.
JUNEAU, Alaska - Borough mayors want to ensure they have a say on terms that will affect local communities and be negotiated by the state in pursuit of a mega-liquefied natural gas project.
SALT LAKE CITY - Utah House Minority Leader Jennifer Seelig has announced she won't seek re-election to the House at the end of the year.
JERSEY CITY, New Jersey - A fast-moving fire claimed four lives on Thursday in New Jersey's second-largest city, where the mayor said a mix-up over the street name delayed the emergency response.
NEW YORK - Municipal bonds are getting another chance.
Minot Daily News, Minot, March 4, 2014
FAIRBANKS, Alaska - The mayor of the Fairbanks North Star Borough wants the state deliver on a promise to build a visitors center at a new fish hatchery in Fairbanks and he's offering an incentive to see it built.
RICHWOOD, West Virginia - Richwood Mayor Robert Johnson is defending the hiring of a police chief amid questions about the officer's qualifications.
ELKHART, Indiana - From his screened-in porch, Dave Gunn can see it all - turkey, deer, coyotes and more.
SEASIDE HEIGHTS, New Jersey - The northern Ocean County beach towns along Route 35 are no stranger to traffic jams along the narrow, heavily traveled highway. But two weeks ago, a perfect storm of unseasonably mild weather, a charity swimming event in Seaside Heights and the torturous process of fixing the damage from Superstorm Sandy created epic gridlock.
ELLISVILLE, Missouri - A St. Louis County town is ending use of red-light cameras.
SORRENTO, Louisiana - Sorrento is having trouble collecting from its utility customers and from drivers who receive tickets issued from a now largely idled police department.
BOSCAWEN, New Hampshire - Voters in two New Hampshire towns are going to decide whether to demolish a crumbling Merrimack River bridge that dates back to 1907 and has been closed for nearly 50 years.
LAKE ARTHUR, Louisiana - The Lake Arthur Board of Aldermen will consider pay raises for the next mayor and slate of aldermen after a public hearing to be held on April 2.
KENNEWICK, Washington - The Tri-City Development Council has picked the URS Corp. to study the possible benefits of building a small modular nuclear reactor system at the Hanford nuclear reservation.
LONG BEACH, California - San Diego is only about 100 miles from Long Beach, and the cities resemble each other in many ways.