- Gov. McCrory blasts fellow Republicans for Greensboro bill Updated: Jul-05-15 11:59 am
GREENSBORO, North Carolina - North Carolina Gov. Pat McCrory says fellow Republicans in the Legislature didn't follow their conservative roots when they approved a bill changing the Greensboro City Council.
- Davis appeals ruling he must repay Southaven Updated: Jul-05-15 11:02 am
JACKSON, Mississippi - Attorneys for former Southaven Mayor Greg Davis will argue before the state Court of Appeals on July 21 that a judgment that he repay $73,000 to the city for the alleged misuse of public funds should be thrown out.
- Africans seeking better lives pass through Ethiopian town Updated: Jul-05-15 10:43 am
METEMA, Ethiopia - The mood in the border town of Metema these days is quiet and watchful.
- Allentown mayor says he's cooperating with federal probe Updated: Jul-05-15 10:38 am
ALLENTOWN, Pennsylvania - The mayor of an eastern Pennsylvania city says he's cooperating with federal investigators who questioned him and seized documents last week as part of a grand jury investigation,
- Front Royal seeks public input on downtown revival Updated: Jul-05-15 10:10 am
FRONT ROYAL, Virginia - A state program - and input from residents and businesses owners - might help Front Royal revitalize its downtown.
- Barber buys mentor's shop in small business initiative Updated: Jul-05-15 3:04 am
NEW HAVEN, Connecticut - Clyde Thompson was the stand-in for the quintessential small business person, that icon always held up as the solution to the nation's economy.
- Preservation group: Miami's Little Havana endangered Updated: Jul-05-15 12:43 am
MIAMI - Little Havana, perhaps Miami's most storied neighborhood, is under threat. So much so, according to the National Trust for Historic Preservation, that it's put Little Havana on its annual list of America's 11 Most Endangered Historic Places.
- Slain woman's parents focused on healing, not sanctuary law Updated: Jul-04-15 7:52 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - The parents of a woman killed at a San Francisco pier say they are focused on healing and not on the fact that the man accused of shooting her has been deported five times.
- Southern Indiana mayor confronts would-be teenage thieves Updated: Jul-04-15 6:51 pm
JEFFERSONVILLE, Indiana - A southern Indiana mayor says two bicycles left behind by a group of teenagers who tried to steal from his garage will likely be donated to "needy kids."
- University of Iowa police captain named Clear Lake chief Updated: Jul-04-15 4:04 pm
CLEAR LAKE, Iowa - A University of Iowa police captain has been named Clear Lake's new police chief.
- NAU seeks more off-campus housing as student numbers rise Updated: Jul-04-15 2:22 pm
FLAGSTAFF, Arizona - Northern Arizona University is looking for new off-campus neighbors as the student population continues to grow.
- Judge holds fate of Covington's historic Bavarian Brewery Updated: Jul-04-15 12:04 pm
COVINGTON, Kentucky - The fate of the historic Bavarian Brewery in Covington is now in the hands of a Kenton County judge.
- Crime has mayor place small town under state of emergency Updated: Jul-04-15 11:35 am
CONWAY, North Carolina - The mayor of a small Northampton County town has declared a state of emergency because of recent shootings.
- Top-ranking Mormon leader Boyd K. Packer dies at 90 Updated: Jul-03-15 9:31 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - Mormon leader Boyd K. Packer, president of the faith's highest governing body, has died. He was 90.
- Pols: NJ casino expansion vote likely not happening in fall Updated: Jul-03-15 5:39 pm
ATLANTIC CITY, New Jersey - New Jersey lawmakers say there is almost no chance a statewide vote on whether to expand casino gambling beyond Atlantic City will be held this fall.
- Kingman plans to celebrate Fourth of July without fireworks Updated: Jul-03-15 4:54 pm
KINGMAN, Arizona - A western Arizona city is hoping to still make some noise this Fourth of July without fireworks.
- Denver campaign would allow marijuana use in bars Updated: Jul-03-15 2:33 pm
DENVER - Beer? Wine? Or weed?
- Denver campaign would allow marijuana use in bars Updated: Jul-03-15 2:28 pm
DENVER - Beer? Wine? Or weed?
- Snowmass Village councilman may be charged for jail damage Updated: Jul-03-15 1:29 pm
SNOWMASS VILLAGE, Colorado - A town official in Snowmass Village may face criminal charges for damage he allegedly caused to the Pitkin County Jail, where he was held last week on suspicion of driving drunk.
- Officials lift evacuation after Tennessee train derailment Updated: Jul-03-15 1:16 pm
MARYVILLE, Tennessee - Thousands of eastern Tennessee residents were returning home Friday after they were evacuated when a CSX train car carrying hazardous material derailed and caught fire.
- Green movement coloring way sports looks at environment Updated: Jul-03-15 12:33 pm
CHICAGO - Andrew Ference was at the beginning of his NHL career when he met Dr. David Suzuki, who hosts a TV show in Canada. The conversation with the award-winning scientist changed the life of the young defenseman.
- Waterbury Mayor O'Leary changes his mind, will seek 3rd term Updated: Jul-03-15 12:32 pm
WATERBURY, Connecticut - Waterbury Mayor Neil O'Leary says he's changed his mind and will seek a third term.
- Lawsuit seeks to boost effort to recall Ferguson's mayor Updated: Jul-03-15 11:29 am
FERGUSON, Missouri - A Ferguson resident hopes his lawsuit resurrects a recall petition effort meant to oust Ferguson's mayor from office.
- New River trash becomes art installation in Giles County Updated: Jul-03-15 9:50 am
PEARISBURG, Virginia - Trash from the New River has been transformed into a new art installation in Pearisburg.
- Beijing says its air pollution better in first half of 2015 Updated: Jul-03-15 7:43 am
BEIJING - Air quality in Beijing, notorious for its smoggy sky, improved during the first six months of 2015, the city government said.