- Ohio mayor: seized drug money could fund pools Updated: Mar-09-14 5:05 am
- Mayor Rob Ford gets daylight savings time wrong Updated: Mar-08-14 11:02 pm
- Hundreds attend Jackson mayor's funeral Updated: Mar-08-14 7:46 pm
- Waterloo councilman cracks down on payday lenders Updated: Mar-08-14 7:32 pm
- Pre-K plan in jeopardy, de Blasio pushes forward Updated: Mar-08-14 7:27 pm
- W.Va. gun bill heads to gov; mayor critical Updated: Mar-08-14 4:46 pm
- City's employee concealed-gun law stirs concerns Updated: Mar-08-14 4:05 pm
- Judge reinstates mayor removed by city council Updated: Mar-08-14 4:04 pm
- Pittsburgh mayor, others backing Wolf for governor Updated: Mar-08-14 3:44 pm
- NYC mayor says he doesn't oppose charter schools Updated: Mar-08-14 3:35 pm
- Rehired Simpsonville police chief wants back pay Updated: Mar-08-14 2:34 pm
- Ex-Trenton mayor wants his conviction dismissed Updated: Mar-08-14 2:31 pm
- Slidell reviewing Carnival under new rules Updated: Mar-08-14 11:53 am
- Bill would fund jail for misdemeanor offenders Updated: Mar-08-14 11:31 am
- Former lawyer for NYC taxi board to head agency Updated: Mar-08-14 11:14 am
- Memorial service held for Mayor Chokwe Lumumba Updated: Mar-07-14 9:01 pm
- 5 convicted Bell leaders sue former city attorney Updated: Mar-07-14 8:38 pm
- 4 NYC jail officers indicted in inmate beating Updated: Mar-07-14 8:28 pm
- Mexico imposes restrictions on Slim, Televisa Updated: Mar-07-14 7:43 pm
- New Jersey affordable housing panel told to meet Updated: Mar-07-14 7:01 pm
- Medford council moves swiftly to ban pot shops Updated: Mar-07-14 6:34 pm
- Mexico stops heavy metal concert, draws fire Updated: Mar-07-14 6:02 pm
- Smithfield council vote on Bryant payments delayed Updated: Mar-07-14 5:07 pm
- Foley's governor race focus on Connecticut cities Updated: Mar-07-14 4:33 pm
- City OKs extended McCoy lease with Rhode Island Updated: Mar-07-14 4:30 pm
TOLEDO, Ohio - Toledo's mayor says seized drug money and revenue from property seized from other criminal activities might keep the northwestern Ohio city's public pools open this summer.
TORONTO - Toronto Mayor Rob Ford is being roundly mocked on Twitter after mistakenly tweeting that people should set their clocks an hour back instead of forward for daylight savings time.
JACKSON, Mississippi - Hundreds of mourners filled the Jackson Convention Complex on Saturday for Jackson Mayor Chokwe Lumumba's funeral, which lasted nearly five hours and included tributes by Myrlie Evers-Williams, widow of civil rights leader Medgar Evers, and former Mississippi Gov. William Winter.
WATERLOO, Iowa - Pat Morrissey campaigned for a Waterloo City Council seat last fall on a platform of cracking down on payday lenders.
NEW YORK - New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio's signature proposal, a tax increase on the wealthy to pay for universal prekindergarten, appears to be on life support, blocked by a governor and state lawmakers who stubbornly oppose such a tax in an election year.
CHARLESTON, West Virginia - West Virginia lawmakers have passed a bill letting people with concealed-carry permits bring guns to city-owned recreational facilities, including swimming pools and after-school centers.
PENDLETON, Oregon - The City Council of Milton-Freewater voted to allow city workers who don't have police powers to carry guns to work. But a small group of citizens have told city manager Linda Hall that they oppose the measure.
LANCASTER, Kentucky - The mayor of a central Kentucky city has been reinstated to office by a judge who found the city council lacked evidence of misconduct to justify her removal.
YORK, Pennsylvania - Pittsburgh's mayor and a host of other politicians from western Pennsylvania have endorsed Democrat Tom Wolf for governor.
NEW YORK - New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio says the city will work to find space for displaced charter school students.
SIMPSONVILLE, South Carolina - The police chief reinstated to his job by the Simpsonville City Council wants more than $100,000 in back pay and a seven-year contract.
TRENTON, New Jersey - The former mayor of New Jersey's capital city has asked a federal judge to throw out his conviction on corruption charges and grant him a new trial.
SLIDELL, Louisiana - Slidell completed its first Carnival season under stricter parade regulations and Mayor Freddy Drennan said the city is still compiling its reports to determine how well the krewes adhered to the new regulations.
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - A legislator has prefiled a bill that would move the city-parish one step closer to getting a full-time misdemeanor jail.
NEW YORK - New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio has named the former general counsel for the Taxi and Limousine Commission to head the agency.
JACKSON, Mississippi - More than 150 friends and family members mourned Jackson Mayor Chokwe Lumumba (SHOW-kway Lu-MOOM-bah) on Friday, remembering his career as a human rights activist, prominent attorney and black nationalist.
LOS ANGELES - Five former leaders of the city of Bell who were convicted in a municipal fraud scandal sued their former city attorney Friday, saying he led them to believe they were doing nothing wrong when they accepted six-figure salaries to run a modest Los Angeles suburb.
NEW YORK - Four correction officers were arraigned Friday on charges they beat a jail inmate last year and then faked incident reports to cover up the assault, authorities said.
MEXICO CITY - Mexican regulators declared the country's main television network and Carlos Slim's telecom company as "preponderant" market players on Friday, part of an effort by the government to promote competitiveness in the telecommunications sector.
A New Jersey court on Friday ordered the state Council on Affordable Housing to meet and approve rules dictating how much housing each town must allocate for lower-income people.
MEDFORD, Oregon - Moving even before the Legislature completed action, the Medford City Council has voted for a moratorium on medical marijuana dispensaries.
MEXICO CITY - A Mexican state's decision to cancel a two-day heavy metal concert with top bands like Kiss, Twisted Sister and Guns 'N Roses is drawing fire from fans and organizers, who say they suspect that political motives, corruption or discrimination are behind the move.
SMITHFIELD, Rhode Island - The Smithfield council has delayed a vote on a proposal by Bryant University to cover the cost of public safety services it receives from the town.
HARTFORD, Connecticut - Acknowledging that he didn't spend much time campaigning in Connecticut's cities during his 2010 gubernatorial campaign, Greenwich businessman Tom Foley said Friday that he will focus on urban issues as he attempts to fashion a potential rematch with Democratic Gov. Dannel P. Malloy.
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - The Pawtucket City Council has approved an agreement under which the Pawtucket Red Sox would remain at McCoy Stadium until 2021, and potentially beyond.