- Phone hacker: Queen annoyed by nut-eating police Updated: Dec-12-13 11:41 am
- Pa. man sentenced in computer hacking case Updated: Dec-11-13 6:23 pm
- 13 plead guilty to attacking Paypal servers Updated: Dec-10-13 3:43 pm
- Tech Tips: Guide to protecting Internet accounts Updated: Dec-04-13 6:16 pm
- Cyberattack stopped; grocery shoppers cautioned Updated: Dec-03-13 11:49 am
- Wisconsin trucker sentenced in Koch cyberattack Updated: Dec-02-13 3:40 pm
- Police charge 3 men after alleged hacking at FA Updated: Nov-29-13 5:15 am
- LI teen accused of hacking into student records Updated: Nov-23-13 5:29 pm
- Man sentenced to 10 years in computer hacking case Updated: Nov-20-13 4:04 pm
- Carriers reject kill switch for stolen smartphones Updated: Nov-19-13 11:22 pm
- 'Hacktivist' gets prison in NY cyberattacks case Updated: Nov-15-13 1:49 pm
LONDON - A private investigator convicted of eavesdropping on the voice mails of royal staff told a tabloid editor that Queen Elizabeth II was annoyed because police officers ate the nuts laid out for Buckingham Palace guests.
BOSTON - A Pennsylvania man has been sentenced to 18 months in prison for breaking into computer networks and conspiring to sell access to them.
SAN FRANCISCO - Thirteen people have pleaded guilty to helping briefly disable online payment service provider Paypal as part of a protest that authorities say was organized by the hacking group Anonymous.
NEW YORK - Security experts say passwords for more than 2 million Facebook, Google and other accounts have been compromised and circulated online, just the latest example of breaches involving leading Internet companies.
SPOKANE, Washington - A cyberattack targeting credit and debit card users at grocery stores in parts of Washington, Oregon, Montana and Idaho has been blocked, according to URM Stores Inc.
WICHITA, Kansas - A Wisconsin truck driver who joined a cyberattack on Wichita-based Koch Industries was sentenced Monday to two years' probation and ordered to pay $183,000 in restitution for the onslaught that briefly took the company's website offline.
LONDON - Manchester police say three men, including a senior referee, have been charged following allegations of computer hacking and sharing private information at the English Football Association.
CENTRAL ISLIP, New York - A Long Island teenager has been accused of hacking into his school district's computer system and posting information including Social Security numbers and medical records online.
BIRMINGHAM, Alabama - Federal prosecutors say a man who hacked into computer systems belonging to the Federal Bureau of Investigation and the Jefferson County Sheriff's Office has been sentenced to 10 years in prison.
SAN FRANCISCO - Samsung Electronics, the world's largest mobile phone manufacturer, has proposed installing a built-in anti-theft measure known as a "kill switch" that would render stolen or lost phones inoperable, but the nation's biggest carriers have rejected the idea, according to San Francisco's top prosecutor.
NEW YORK - An unrepentant self-described "hacktivist" was sentenced Friday to 10 years in prison for illegally accessing computer systems of law enforcement agencies and government contractors.