- Student accused of hacking school district's computer system Updated: May-04-15 5:55 pm
FULTON, Missouri - A Fulton High School student is suspected of hacking into the district's computer network, shutting down the system for several hours.
- Topeka arts district website recovers from hacker attack Updated: Apr-26-15 6:58 pm
TOPEKA, Kansas - The website of a Topeka arts districts has been restored after it was hacked.
- Defendant in computer hacking case gets 18 months in prison Updated: Apr-23-15 6:19 pm
WILMINGTON, Delaware - A federal judge in Delaware has sentenced a Canadian man to 18 months in prison for his role in an international hacking ring that gained access to an Army computer network while targeting computer giant Microsoft and several video game developers.
- Feeling safe? Try attending Internet security conference Updated: Apr-22-15 5:19 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - A conference of Internet security experts is not for the faint of heart.
- Ball State students learn secrets behind cyber forensics Updated: Apr-22-15 10:07 am
MUNCIE, Indiana - If any computers or smartphones were to be confiscated during the investigation of recent identity thefts at Ball State University, BSU instructor Vinayak Tanksale's students would know what to do before examining the evidence.
- Piers Morgan quizzed by police over tabloid phone hacking Updated: Apr-21-15 2:46 pm
LONDON - Former CNN host Piers Morgan was questioned for a second time by British police Tuesday about tabloid phone hacking.
- WikiLeaks creates online archive of hacked Sony documents Updated: Apr-16-15 5:59 pm
NEW YORK - Sony's hacking problems aren't over yet.
- Man accused of online extortion of women faces more charges Updated: Apr-15-15 5:54 pm
EFFINGHAM, Illinois - An Illinois man indicted last year on accusations that he hacked online accounts of several women is now facing more charges, including child pornography.
- Investigators warn airplane computers could be hacked Updated: Apr-14-15 6:52 pm
WASHINGTON - The same Internet access now available on most commercial flights makes it possible for hackers to bring down a plane, a government watchdog warned Tuesday.
- Hackers keep trying new targets in search of easy data Updated: Apr-14-15 8:27 am
SAN FRANCISCO - The health care sector has become the hot target for hackers in recent months, according to researchers at Symantec, a leading cybersecurity company that says it's also seeing big increases in "spear-phishing," ''ransomware" and efforts to exploit newly discovered vulnerabilities in software used by a wide range of industries.
- Maine police pay ransom to hackers to get files back Updated: Apr-11-15 12:29 pm
WISCASSET, Maine - Some Maine police agencies say they have had no other choice than to pay a ransom to computer hackers to get their police records back.
- French network's broadcasts hacked by group claiming IS ties Updated: Apr-09-15 5:07 pm
PARIS - Hackers claiming allegiance to the Islamic State group simultaneously blacked out 11 channels of a French global TV network and took over its website and social media accounts on Thursday, in what appeared to be the most ambitious media attack so far by the extremist group.
- Russian man's lawyers: Hacking charges should be dismissed Updated: Apr-08-15 3:18 pm
SEATTLE - Lawyers for a Russian man accused of hacking into U.S. restaurants and stealing credit card numbers have asked a federal judge to dismiss the indictment against him, arguing that the U.S. Secret Service overstepped its authority when agents took him into custody in the Maldives.