- Pilot to fly solar plane across Pacific for 5 days, 5 nights Updated: May-03-15 7:47 am
BEIJING - A pilot said Sunday that he is anxious but excited about flying a solar plane solo from China to Hawaii on the longest leg of the first attempt to fly around the world without a drop of fuel.
- Pilot makes emergency landing in eastern Kansas field Updated: Apr-27-15 3:11 pm
GARDNER, Kansas - The pilot of a small home-built aircraft was walking around uninjured after making an emergency landing in an eastern Kansas field.
- Purdue unveils technology park focused on aerospace industry Updated: Apr-21-15 2:13 pm
WEST LAFAYETTE, Indiana - Purdue University has unveiled plans to establish an aerospace technology park that will allow it to partner with private companies to research and design new technology.
- Japan mulls 2018 moon landing, seeks to keep up with rivals Updated: Apr-21-15 6:40 am
TOKYO - Japan's space agency is considering an unmanned mission to the moon by 2018 or early 2019, part of an effort to beef up aerospace technology and keep pace with China and other emerging powers.
- Student aircraft designs put to test at Ohio college Updated: Apr-18-15 9:26 am
DAYTON, Ohio - The Wright Brothers had to go from Dayton to North Carolina to see if their airplane design worked more than a century ago. Students developing their own designs now can find out through the flight simulation lab on a southwest Ohio college campus.
- Wichita school to establish NASA-inspired space program Updated: Apr-09-15 4:37 pm
WICHITA, Kansas - Officials say a Wichita elementary school will be the first in the nation to launch a NASA-inspired space program.