- EXCHANGE: Radio show teaches English to Spanish speakers Updated: May-24-15 11:30 am
EAST PEORIA, Illinois - The language lesson starts in a boxy radio studio padded with black cone-shaped foam, where it's uncomfortably hot, small and dark.
- Unequal schools in France prompt strike, soul-searching Updated: May-19-15 1:35 pm
PARIS - France is trying to shake up a top-down system of teaching, end an elite bilingual program and give schools more say in how students spend their time, saying entrenched inequality in education threatens the country's future.
- Kansas officials urge schools to teach financial literacy Updated: May-13-15 5:04 pm
TOPEKA, Kansas - The chairmen of the Kansas House Education Committee and the State Board of Education are urging local school districts to teach financial literacy.
- Programming language helps youths create from Scratch Updated: May-12-15 9:10 am
VALPARAISO, Indiana - Ben Franklin seventh-grader Logan Ozdyk has wanted to be a computer programmer since he was in third grade.
- Montana governor signs bills to preserve Indian languages Updated: May-06-15 7:08 pm
HELENA, Montana - Montana's governor signed bills Wednesday aimed at encouraging schools to develop American Indian language immersion programs and preserving Indian languages.
- Mississippi gets $2.4 million to improve reading teachers Updated: May-05-15 8:31 pm
JACKSON, Mississippi - Mississippi will get $2.4 million to subsidize summer programs for struggling readers and improve teachers' reading instruction methods.
- Texas English teacher named National Teacher of the Year Updated: Apr-27-15 9:41 am
LUBBOCK, Texas - A high school English teacher in Texas who works with students facing poverty and traumas related to their immigration to the United States on Monday was named the 2015 National Teacher of the Year.