- House approves buying English learner software Updated: Mar-06-14 8:22 pm
- Wyoming instructor teaches language of music Updated: Feb-27-14 4:13 pm
- California senator wants to dump English-only law Updated: Feb-20-14 10:07 pm
- Hawaiian immersion education to get more support Updated: Feb-19-14 1:40 pm
- State certifies 3 language immersion schools Updated: Feb-19-14 6:55 am
- Bill making 20 Native languages official advances Updated: Feb-18-14 6:32 pm
- EXCHANGE: Some Ill. schools teaching 2 languages Updated: Feb-14-14 10:22 am
PHOENIX - The Arizona House has approved a plan to spend millions on a software program schools will use to teach children who don't speak English as their primary language.
LARAMIE, Wyoming - Musicians in Moldova - a country with 3.6 million people wedged between Romania and Ukraine - learn native folk songs by ear from a young age, flutist Rod Garnett said.
SACRAMENTO, California - A state senator on Thursday proposed repealing Proposition 227, the 16-year-old law that banned most bilingual education in public schools.
HONOLULU - The board of Hawaii's public school system is committing money and resources to help strengthen a 30-year-old Hawaiian language immersion program.
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - The Louisiana Department of Education has certified three schools in five locations as world language immersion schools.
JUNEAU, Alaska - Amid cheers and clapping from spectators in a packed room, the House Community and Regional Affairs Committee advanced a bill symbolically making 20 Alaska Native languages official languages of the state along with English.
CHAMPAIGN, Illinois - English-speakers say "book." Spanish speakers say "libro."