- NKorea elections: 0 pct drama, 100 pct mandatory Updated: Mar-07-14 9:56 am
- World diplomats seek to stabilize Libya Updated: Mar-06-14 3:17 pm
- India announces general elections to start April 7 Updated: Mar-05-14 12:13 pm
- Lebanon's political system sinks nation into debt Updated: Mar-05-14 2:08 am
- Correction: Ukraine-Protests-Timeline story Updated: Mar-04-14 5:16 am
- UK's anti-Europe party seeks gains in EU election Updated: Mar-01-14 11:38 am
- Ukraine's Maidan protest unites different beliefs Updated: Feb-26-14 3:19 pm
- German court nixes 3 percent hurdle for EU vote Updated: Feb-26-14 6:38 am
- Upheaval in Ukraine: What it means Updated: Feb-22-14 3:40 pm
- Key recent events in Ukraine's political crisis Updated: Feb-22-14 1:31 pm
- Communist party head shows banner at Sochi Games Updated: Feb-22-14 1:23 pm
- Berlusconi remains a force in Italy turmoil Updated: Feb-14-14 6:13 pm
- Pussy Riot members may run for Moscow assembly Updated: Feb-10-14 8:58 am
- Dutch politician puts case for Europe exit Updated: Feb-06-14 9:49 am
TOKYO - North Korean voters will make a choice Sunday when they elect a new national legislature, but not for a candidate. The ruling elite have already done that for them, and there's only one per district.
ROME - World diplomats worked Thursday to help Libya create a stable government and more secure environment amid the violence and growing political tensions that have festered since Moammar Gadhafi's regime crumbled in 2011.
NEW DELHI - India said Wednesday that it will hold national elections from April 7 to May 12, kicking off a vote that many observers see as the most important election in more than 30 years in the world's largest democracy.
BEIRUT - Lebanese politicians are looking for tens of millions of dollars in aid at a Paris conference on Wednesday with U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry and world diplomats to help their country cope with a flood of refugees from neighboring Syria's civil war. But while authorities plead for cash, Lebanon's house is hardly in order.
In a story Feb. 28 giving a timeline of events in Ukraine, The Associated Press reported erroneously that scores of people were killed on Feb. 18. The figure should have been at least 26.
LONDON - Fruitcake-free and ready to roll: That was the message from the upstart United Kingdom Independence Party as it finished a two-day conference Saturday focused on winning more seats in the European Parliament.
KIEV, Ukraine - For the past three months, tens of thousands of Ukrainians have been singing the Ukrainian national anthem on Kiev's central square, the Maidan, united in their dreams of change. The protest movement is a mixed bag of pro-Western intelligentsia and well-off businessmen, white-collar office clerks and student romantics, radical far-rightists, pop singers, poets and even priests. The one thing holding them together: anger against now fugitive President Viktor Yanukovych and his government.
BERLIN - Germany's top court on Wednesday scrapped a requirement for parties to win at least 3 percent of the vote to get into the European Parliament, raising the likelihood that extremists could win seats in May's European election.
KIEV, Ukraine - From the moment protesters claimed to control Ukraine's capital until the triumphant release of their blond-braided political heroine from jail, Saturday was a momentous day for this country.
Key recent events in Ukraine:
SOCHI, Russia - The head of Russia's Communist Party held up a hammer-and-sickle Soviet banner during a flower ceremony at the Winter Olympics, leading to a confrontation with staff over violating Olympic rules that bar political statements at the games.
MILAN - He has been convicted of tax fraud, booted out of the Senate and banned from political office.
BERLIN - Two members of Russian punk band Pussy Riot say they may run for seats in this year's election for the Moscow city parliament.
THE HAGUE, Netherlands - In a foretaste of his campaign for European parliamentary elections in May, Dutch populist politician Geert Wilders is making his case that the Netherlands would be better off leaving the European Union.