- Biggest gets bigger: Army's biggest training post expanding Updated: Apr-29-16 9:20 am
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - The Army's biggest basic training post is getting bigger by adding another battalion that will be training an additional 2,000 recruits by 2018.
- Whiteman drone pilots receive new, more prestigious title Updated: Apr-22-16 3:59 pm
WHITEMAN AIR FORCE BASE, Missouri - The Air Force will now recognize drone pilots who conduct remote military strikes from Whiteman Air Force Base as "attack squadrons," a designation with more prestige that could help with retention and recruitment.
- Navy scraps mailer over sexism accusations Updated: Apr-19-16 5:59 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - The U.S. Navy said Tuesday it has scrapped a national recruiting mailer that promised women they can enlist without compromising their feminine side and pursue careers that "most girls aren't even aware of."
- Review: 1957 cold case conviction riddled with missteps Updated: Apr-13-16 8:47 am
CHICAGO - Half a century after the mysterious abduction and killing of a 7-year-old Illinois girl, authorities found a suspect - a former neighbor of the child - secured his conviction and put an end to a small town's agony.
- Navy secretary to Marines: Women in combat is irreversible Updated: Apr-12-16 8:35 pm
CAMP PENDLETON, California - Navy Secretary Ray Mabus had a simple message Tuesday for 1,500 Marines and sailors: The decision to let women compete for all military combat positions is as irreversible as earlier edicts to integrate blacks and allow gays and lesbians to openly serve.
- German army wants recruits checked over extremist concerns Updated: Apr-12-16 6:32 am
BERLIN - Germany's Defense Ministry is proposing better screening of new recruits over fears Islamic extremists could be joining the Bundeswehr to get military training.