- Obama signs bill aimed at blocking Iran's UN envoy Updated: Apr-18-14 11:00 pm
- Iran rejects naming new UN envoy after US refusal Updated: Apr-12-14 1:37 pm
- Bill would alert travelers about passport checks Updated: Apr-12-14 11:52 am
- Next year's high-skilled visas snapped up in days Updated: Apr-07-14 2:16 pm
- Married couples separated by German language test Updated: Apr-06-14 5:08 am
- Airlines urge more security, passenger checks Updated: Apr-01-14 1:14 pm
- Airlines call for more security, passenger checks Updated: Apr-01-14 7:40 am
- More passport control agents coming to Fla. ports Updated: Apr-01-14 5:58 am
- Interpol rejects Malaysian claim on passports Updated: Mar-29-14 12:34 am
- In new row, Israel at odds with US over visas Updated: Mar-28-14 11:26 am
- Disney World among casualties of US-Venezuela spat Updated: Mar-25-14 12:32 am
- US partially suspends visa issuances in Venezuela Updated: Mar-23-14 10:11 pm
WASHINGTON - President Barack Obama signed legislation Friday aimed at blocking Iran's chosen ambassador to the United Nations because of his ties to the 1979 takeover of the U.S. Embassy in Tehran. But the president says he's only treating the legislation as guidance.
TEHRAN, Iran - Iran rejected naming a new diplomat Saturday to represent it at the United Nations, with one lawmaker urging the Islamic Republic to stand up to "bullying" from the U.S., which has rejected granting its pick a visa.
CHICAGO - U.S. Sen. Mark Kirk wants the federal government to alert American air travelers about which airports around the world are failing to routinely check passengers for stolen passports.
WASHINGTON - Businesses seeking highly skilled workers from overseas took less than a week to snap up all 85,000 visas available for next year, the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services announced Monday.
BERLIN - Michael Guhle met the love of his life on the beach of a little fishing village in Vietnam. Thi An Nguyen was selling freshly cooked mussels and fruit to the German tourist and they immediately clicked. Soon the Berlin nursing home worker was saving up all of his money and vacation days to visit Nguyen.
PERTH, Australia - The Malaysian airliner's disappearance underscores the need for improvements in security, both in tracking aircraft and in screening passengers, the International Air Transport Association said Tuesday.
KUALA LUMPUR, Malaysia - The disappearance of Malaysia Airlines Flight 370 highlights the need for security improvements both in tracking aircraft and screening passengers before they board planes, the International Air Transport Association said Tuesday.
MIAMI - U.S. Customs and Border Protection officials say more passport control agents are coming to three airports and one seaport in Florida to help handle long immigration lines.
KUALA LUMPUR, Malaysia - Interpol has rejected comments from a Malaysian minister that it takes too much time and is too difficult to check the international police agency's database to confirm if a passport has been stolen.
TEL AVIV, Israel - With the United States irked at Israel over its settlement policies and the lack of progress in peace talks, an obscure diplomatic classification has emerged as a new sticking point between the two close allies.
CARACAS, Venezuela - U.S.-Venezuela relations have been deteriorating for years, and for members of the socialist-governed county's better off, the failed diplomacy is suddenly endangering a dearly held value: Disney World.
CARACAS, Venezuela - The U.S. Embassy in Venezuela is partially suspending the issuance of tourist visas because President Nicolas Maduro's recent expulsion of American diplomats has left it understaffed.