- Chaos in Budapest train station amid Europe's migrant crisis Updated: Sep-01-15 4:42 pm
BUDAPEST, Hungary - Chanting "Freedom! Freedom!," angry migrants demanded to be let aboard trains bound for Austria and Germany after Hungary temporarily suspended all rail traffic Tuesday from its main Budapest terminal and brawny police forced hundreds of migrants out of the train station.
- 4th graders can now get free annual national park passes Updated: Sep-01-15 12:09 pm
Your fourth grader is your family's free pass to the nation's national parks.
- Europe's passport free travel area explained Updated: Sep-01-15 10:56 am
BRUSSELS - Desperate to halt the flow of migrants fleeing conflict or poverty, some European countries have begun erecting fences and tightening border controls. But the crackdown, as people leave Greece and Italy to move deeper into the European Union, has raised questions about whether Europe's passport-free area is viable.
- Attack draws new scrutiny to railways linking open Europe Updated: Aug-28-15 2:43 pm
PARIS - Europe's rail system is at the heart of its open borders, a way for passengers to travel on some of the world's fastest and most sophisticated mass transit with no need for passports or even ID.
- EU rules out changes to passport-free travel area Updated: Aug-24-15 9:47 am
BRUSSELS - The European Union on Monday ruled out changing Europe's passport-free system of travel despite mounting pressure over a thwarted attack on a multinational rail line and a large influx of migrants into the EU.
- At busy crossing, pedestrians need passport to enter Mexico Updated: Aug-20-15 11:49 am
SAN DIEGO - Walking into Mexico at the nation's busiest border crossing with the United States is no longer an uninterrupted stroll for foreigners.
- By train, 2 continents, from Beijing to St. Petersburg Updated: Aug-11-15 9:52 am
ST. PETERSBURG, Russia - It was the realization of a dream from a childhood obsessed with trains: taking one of the world's longest train rides, on the Trans Mongolian Express and Trans Siberian Railway.