- Attack draws new scrutiny to railways linking open Europe Updated: Aug-28-15 2:43 pm
PARIS - Europe's rail system is at the heart of its open borders, a way for passengers to travel on some of the world's fastest and most sophisticated mass transit with no need for passports or even ID.
- EU rules out changes to passport-free travel area Updated: Aug-24-15 9:47 am
BRUSSELS - The European Union on Monday ruled out changing Europe's passport-free system of travel despite mounting pressure over a thwarted attack on a multinational rail line and a large influx of migrants into the EU.
- At busy crossing, pedestrians need passport to enter Mexico Updated: Aug-20-15 11:49 am
SAN DIEGO - Walking into Mexico at the nation's busiest border crossing with the United States is no longer an uninterrupted stroll for foreigners.
- By train, 2 continents, from Beijing to St. Petersburg Updated: Aug-11-15 9:52 am
ST. PETERSBURG, Russia - It was the realization of a dream from a childhood obsessed with trains: taking one of the world's longest train rides, on the Trans Mongolian Express and Trans Siberian Railway.
- Some Alaska Natives allowed visa-free travel to Russian area Updated: Jul-31-15 6:50 pm
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - Some western Alaska Natives can again travel back and forth to Russia's Chukota region without a visa under a decades-old agreement that was recently revived.