- Man accused of kidnapping, rape decades ago pleads guilty Updated: May-06-16 2:26 am
PORTLAND, Oregon - A man who had been on the run for more than two decades after being charged with the kidnapping and torture of two prostitutes in Oregon has pleaded guilty to the crimes.
- Former deep-sea treasure hunter to have competency evaluated Updated: May-05-16 5:55 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - A federal judge in Ohio has ordered a competency evaluation of a former deep-sea treasure hunter who's jailed for refusing to answer questions about the location of 500 missing gold coins.
- Maryland police: Fugitive killed himself without warning Updated: May-03-16 8:46 pm
BALTIMORE - An armed man wanted on robbery and kidnapping charges in North Carolina fatally shot himself without warning Tuesday after police officers found him at a Baltimore home, Maryland State Police said.
- Fugitive in Joplin police shooting case in custody in Kansas Updated: May-03-16 2:20 pm
JOPLIN, Missouri - A man who left a Joplin hospital against medical advice after he was wounded by police is jailed in Kansas.
- Man wanted in Bernalillo County murder case now in custody Updated: May-02-16 7:01 pm
ROSWELL, New Mexico - Authorities say a Roswell man wanted in connection with a murder in Bernalillo County now is in custody.
- Fugitive wanted in 2 states captured in southeast Alabama Updated: Apr-29-16 7:03 pm
TROY, Alabama - Authorities say a man wanted in Alabama and Florida on multiple charges including murder has been captured in southeast Alabama.
- US Marshals seek fugitive accused of murder, armed robbery Updated: Apr-28-16 9:45 pm
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - U.S. Marshals in Alabama and Florida are seeking a fugitive wanted for murder, attempted murder and armed robbery.
- Once-fugitive real estate heir's plea deal approved Updated: Apr-27-16 7:19 pm
NEW ORLEANS - Robert Durst, the estranged member of a wealthy real estate family and subject of a documentary about the death of his first wife, was sentenced to 7 years and 1 month in prison on a weapons charge that cleared the deck for him to face murder charges in California.
- Paris attacks suspect Abdeslam extradited, charged in France Updated: Apr-27-16 3:28 pm
PARIS - The lone known surviving suspect in the Paris attacks was returned Wednesday to the city where Islamic State extremists unleashed a night of mayhem and charged with a host of terrorism offenses, raising hopes that he may be able to help French investigators trace the pathways of IS fighters thought to be hiding out in Europe.
- The Latest: Paris suspect charged with terrorist murders Updated: Apr-27-16 12:38 pm
PARIS - The Latest on Paris attacks (all times local):
- The Latest: Durst forfeits $117K sent to him in New Orleans Updated: Apr-27-16 12:04 pm
NEW ORLEANS - The Latest on the prosecution in Louisiana of property heir Robert Durst (all times local):
- Sheriff: Fugitive killed in officer-involved shooting Updated: Apr-26-16 10:02 pm
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - The search for a New Mexico fugitive on Tuesday ended in a shooting at an Albuquerque apartment complex, where authorities say the woman was fatally wounded after at least one sheriff's deputy opened fire.
- Walt Disney cruise ship rescues fugitives off coast of Cuba Updated: Apr-26-16 4:50 am
NEW ORLEANS - A Walt Disney Co. cruise ship has rescued three fugitives off the coast of Cuba who were wanted in New Orleans.
- Maryland homicide suspect shot by Ohio cop pleads not guilty Updated: Apr-21-16 6:24 pm
CINCINNATI - A Maryland homicide suspect accused of pulling a knife on a police officer who then shot him along Interstate 75 in suburban Cincinnati has pleaded not guilty to charges of attempted murder and felonious assault.
- Fugitive will be sent to federal facility for evaluation Updated: Apr-21-16 3:57 pm
SPOKANE, Washington - A man who escaped from a psychiatric hospital in Washington state where he was sent after being accused of torturing and killing a woman will be sent to a federal mental facility for a competency evaluation, a judge ordered Thursday.
- Man who was subject of daylong manhunt sent to prison Updated: Apr-21-16 8:19 am
WORCESTER, Massachusetts - A Leicester (LESS'-tuhr) man who was armed when he was captured last November after a daylong manhunt has been sentenced to three years behind bars.
- China asks Indonesia to extradite Uighur prisoners Updated: Apr-21-16 4:46 am
JAKARTA, Indonesia - China has asked Indonesia to extradite four Uighur men in exchange for returning a graft fugitive recently arrested in Shanghai, the top Indonesian security minister said Thursday.
- Kentucky fugitive found hiding under clothes pile in Alabama Updated: Apr-21-16 3:41 am
SELMA, Alabama - Authorities say a man sought in the shooting death of a Kentucky father of three has been captured in Alabama after he tried to hide from deputies under a pile of clothes.
- US congressman: Ohio fugitive arrested in her native Brazil Updated: Apr-20-16 7:25 pm
WASHINGTON - A U.S. congressman says a woman suspected of killing her husband in Ohio and fleeing to Brazil has been arrested by authorities there.
- Illinois sheriff's deputies on leave after shooting fugitive Updated: Apr-20-16 11:53 am
ANTIOCH, Illinois - Authorities say four sheriff's deputies have been placed on administrative leave after they fatally shot a Florida fugitive in northern Illinois.
- Man wanted in Philadelphia arrested in New Jersey Updated: Apr-20-16 6:19 am
NORTH WILDWOOD, New Jersey - Police in New Jersey arrested a man wanted on rape, sexual assault and other charges in Philadelphia after an eight-hour standoff.
- Fugitive captured in Madison County following manhunt Updated: Apr-18-16 3:52 am
CANTON, Mississippi - A suspect who led authorities on a manhunt has been captured in Madison County.
- Idaho fugitive arrested in Mexico gets 5 years for escape Updated: Apr-17-16 11:29 pm
PAYETTE, Idaho - An Idaho man who escaped the Payette County Jail by scaling a razor-wire fence and spent more than a year on the run before being arrested in Mexico has been sentenced to five years in jail.
- Police: Man visited home of girl he's accused of assaulting Updated: Apr-16-16 2:27 pm
DALLASTOWN, Pennsylvania - Authorities say a man accused of sexually assaulting a 14-year-old girl in central Pennsylvania failed to appear in court and later went to the girl's home, triggering a six-hour search for him.
- Feds: Man wanted in Arizona shooting arrested in Oklahoma Updated: Apr-15-16 3:54 pm
PHOENIX - A man wanted by authorities in Arizona for aggravated assault with a firearm and parole violations has been arrested in Oklahoma.