- Syracuse police capture man accused of dragging officer Updated: May-04-15 6:16 am
SYRACUSE, New York - Syracuse police say they've captured a 25-year-old city man who is facing charges of trying to run down a police officer six weeks ago.
- Albuquerque police seek fugitive sexual assault suspect Updated: May-03-15 11:47 am
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - Albuquerque police say they have issued a warrant for a man accused of raping and beating a 75-year-old woman.
- Filing: deep-sea treasure hunter deposited gold in Belize Updated: May-01-15 6:52 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - A court filing says a deep-sea treasure hunter who spent years as a fugitive had a courier take 500 gold coins from his shipwreck-salvage company and deposit them in a trust account in Belize five years ago.
- West Virginia fugitives arrested at Maryland mall Updated: May-01-15 7:38 am
LAVALE, Maryland - Two people wanted by West Virginia State Police were arrested at a Maryland mall.
- Fugitive former Indiana surgeon caught in Arizona Updated: May-01-15 3:56 am
INDIANAPOLIS - Authorities say a fugitive former surgeon convicted of stalking his ex-wife in Indiana has been caught in Arizona.
- FBI says man who fled RI child molestation charges arrested Updated: Apr-29-15 7:36 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - A man has been arrested in Washington state more than a decade after he fled Rhode Island charges accusing him of sexually molesting three young girls.
- Fugitive sex offender recaptured in Mexico Updated: Apr-28-15 8:59 pm
MEXICO CITY - A fugitive sex offender was recaptured in Mexico six years after he escaped from a Phoenix holding cell in 2009, authorities announced Tuesday.
- Man accused of staging boat crash now faces more charges Updated: Apr-27-15 5:44 pm
MAYS LANDING, New Jersey - A New Jersey man who disappeared after authorities say he staged a boating accident is now facing more charges.
- Palestinian police now in Jerusalem suburbs after Israel ban Updated: Apr-25-15 2:29 am
ABU DIS, West Bank - After years of Israeli objections, armed Palestinian police in dark blue uniforms have taken up positions in this lawless West Bank suburb of Jerusalem, highlighting the shared interests of Israel and the Palestinian self-rule government on day-to-day issues even when political tensions run high.
- Indiana fugitive dies in gunfight with Tennessee deputies Updated: Apr-24-15 3:52 pm
LIVINGSTON, Tennessee - Police say a man wanted by Indiana police has died in Tennessee after exchanging gunfire with deputies.
- St. Landry Parish fugitive Levier surrenders in Eunice Updated: Apr-24-15 8:40 am
EUNICE, Louisiana - A fugitive surrendered to law enforcement agencies after his second escape from custody.
- FBI captures disbarred lawyer long wanted for fraud charges Updated: Apr-23-15 6:44 pm
IOWA CITY, Iowa - A disbarred Iowa lawyer's long run from the law is over.
- China names its top 100 fugitives suspected of corruption Updated: Apr-23-15 5:02 am
BEIJING - China has issued a list of its top 100 officials and others wanted on suspicion of corruption who are believed to have fled abroad, the latest step in President Xi Jinping's aggressive campaign to rein in graft.
- After 4 decades as fugitive, ailing man turns himself in Updated: Apr-22-15 6:37 pm
FRANKFORT, Kentucky - Frail and tired of leading a secret life for four decades, 66-year-old Clarence David Moore called police this week to surrender. The deputy who answered thought it was a prank. It wasn't.
- South Carolina fugitive arrested in upstate New York Updated: Apr-22-15 7:25 am
NEW PALTZ, New York - Police investigating a suspicious vehicle on a Hudson Valley road last week ended up finding an upstate New York man who's a South Carolina fugitive awaiting trial on attempted murder charges.
- Police capture fugitive hiding out at Onondaga Nation home Updated: Apr-22-15 6:29 am
NEDROW, New York - Authorities say police have captured a fugitive sought for firing a gun near firefighters while they battled a blaze on the Onondaga Indian Reservation earlier this month.
- Man who escaped custody decades ago turns himself in Updated: Apr-21-15 8:16 pm
FRANKFORT, Kentucky - A Kentucky sheriff says a man who spent decades as a fugitive after escaping custody in North Carolina has turned himself in to authorities.
- Police capture fugitive who twice hid in storm drain Updated: Apr-21-15 8:43 am
SAN DIEGO - A fugitive who evaded capture twice over the past week by slipping into the same Southern California storm drain has been taken into custody.
- Fugitive charged with killing 4 in Petersburg in 2014 Updated: Apr-21-15 7:39 am
PETERSBURG, Virginia - Police have obtained warrants charging a fugitive with killing four members of a Petersburg family in 2014.
- Man who fled after fatal hit-and-run extradited to Chicago Updated: Apr-18-15 4:07 pm
CHICAGO - A man who fled the U.S. following a fatal 2009 hit-and-run has appeared in court in Chicago after being extradited from Mexico.
- 41 fugitives arrested in Vermont Updated: Apr-18-15 1:53 pm
BURLINGTON, Vermont - A total of 41 fugitives have been arrested in Vermont as part of a six-week national enforcement effort to reduce violent crime.
- Cambodian police arrest fugitive ex-general on murder charge Updated: Apr-17-15 10:22 am
PHNOM PENH, Cambodia - A wealthy military general charged with murdering a fellow tycoon over a business dispute was taken into police custody Friday.
- San Francisco Bay Area fugitive sweep nets arrests, firearms Updated: Apr-17-15 9:38 am
SAN FRANCISCO - Federal authorities arrested more than 130 San Francisco Bay Area fugitives and recovered guns and drugs during a weeks-long investigation.
- Washoe DA clears Reno police in killing of Idaho fugitive Updated: Apr-16-15 8:25 pm
RENO, Nevada - Washoe County District Attorney Chris Hicks has determined Reno police officers were legally justified when they fatally shot a 42-year-old Idaho fugitive last summer during a gun battle outside a casino shortly after the suspect shot a shopper during an armed robbery at a drug store.
- Man indicted in US for drug deal elected senator in Nigeria Updated: Apr-16-15 6:19 pm
LAGOS, Nigeria - A man indicted in the United States for allegedly smuggling heroin, in a case that was the basis for the TV hit "Orange Is The New Black," has been elected a senator in Nigeria.