- Utah most wanted fugitive found after suspected crime spree Updated: Oct-08-15 12:09 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - Police say they have arrested one of the most wanted fugitives in the Salt Lake City metro with the help of a K-9 officer.
- Judge: Hotel evidence for fugitive real estate heir valid Updated: Oct-06-15 4:31 pm
NEW ORLEANS - Prosecutors may use evidence obtained from fugitive real estate heir Robert Durst's hotel room and during his questioning, a federal judge ruled Tuesday.
- Man who was fugitive for 16 years is now headed to prison Updated: Oct-06-15 12:59 pm
NEWARK, New Jersey - Federal prosecutors say a man who was a fugitive for 16 years is now headed to prison.
- Suspect in 2014 hookah lounge murder caught in Arizona Updated: Oct-02-15 10:00 pm
PHOENIX - The U.S. Marshals Service says it has arrested a suspect in a murder outside a hookah lounge in the San Diego area last year.
- 1 month in prison for companion of ex-treasure hunter Updated: Oct-02-15 1:33 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - The longtime companion of an ex-fugitive deep sea treasure hunter was sentenced to a month behind bars Friday by a federal judge who rejected a recommendation for probation.
- Fugitive accused of torturing prostitutes found in Mexico Updated: Oct-02-15 12:55 pm
PORTLAND, Oregon - A fugitive wanted in the kidnapping and torture of two prostitutes nearly a quarter century ago is back in an Oregon jail after being arrested in Mexico.
- 2 convicted in border agent's death; 2 remain fugitives Updated: Oct-02-15 3:16 am
TUCSON, Arizona - Two more men have been convicted in the murder of a Border Patrol agent, whose death brought to light the bungled federal gun-tracking operation known as Fast and Furious.
- Authorities: Man arrested in Detroit for 1990 base shooting Updated: Oct-02-15 2:50 am
DETROIT - Authorities say a man wanted for a 1990 shooting on an Army base in Colorado has been captured in Detroit.
- Report describes how New Zealand killer escaped to Brazil Updated: Oct-01-15 6:12 am
WELLINGTON, New Zealand - A convicted murderer and child molester was able to flee to Brazil while on temporary release from prison because staff didn't contact the man he was supposed to stay with and border officials didn't have a comprehensive system to identify criminals, according to a New Zealand government report released Thursday.
- Woman relieved by fugitive's arrest in Mexico decades later Updated: Sep-30-15 7:26 pm
SPOKANE, Washington - An Idaho woman expressed relief Wednesday that a fugitive wanted in the kidnapping and torture of two women in suburban Portland, Oregon, nearly a quarter century ago has been arrested at a hotel in Mexico.
- The Latest: Fugitive back in US after 24 years on the run Updated: Sep-29-15 1:32 pm
PORTLAND, Oregon - The latest on the capture of an Oregon fugitive who fled kidnapping and torture charges 25 years ago (all times local):
- 'Catch me if you can': Police capture Louisiana fugitive Updated: Sep-29-15 4:01 am
HAMMOND, Louisiana - Police say they have arrested a fugitive who had taunted law enforcement and spent about a year on the lam.
- Western NY fugitive pleads guilty to federal escape charge Updated: Sep-29-15 3:01 am
ROCHESTER, New York - A federal prosecutor says a fugitive who taunted marshals while he was on the run, calling himself the "Gingerbread Man," has pleaded guilty to escape.
- Ex-fugitive charged with strangling parents, torching house Updated: Sep-28-15 1:50 pm
MANCHESTER, New Hampshire - A grand jury has indicted a man who was captured in Florida 15 months after his parents were found strangled in their burning New Hampshire home.
- Fugitive wanted for North Carolina shooting arrested in NY Updated: Sep-26-15 10:42 am
MASTIC BEACH, New York - Police on Long Island say they have arrested a gang member who was wanted for a shooting in North Carolina.
- US returns woman to face fraud charges in China Updated: Sep-24-15 7:40 am
BEIJING - A Chinese woman who served a U.S. prison term for money laundering was returned to China on Thursday, authorities said, just ahead of a meeting between President Barack Obama and Chinese President Xi Jinping.
- 'Whitey' Bulger's lover indicted on criminal contempt charge Updated: Sep-22-15 5:32 pm
BOSTON - The longtime girlfriend and fugitive companion of Boston mobster James "Whitey" Bulger was indicted Tuesday on a charge she refused to testify about whether other people helped him during his 16 years on the run.
- Fugitive sweep nets 72 arrests in southeastern Arizona Updated: Sep-22-15 2:29 pm
TUCSON, Arizona - The marshal's office in Tucson is planning to follow up a recent fugitive sweep with at least one more before the end of the year.
- Man missing from Davison County Jail caught in Arkansas Updated: Sep-22-15 7:38 am
MITCHELL, South Dakota - A Mitchell man listed as an escapee of the Davison County Jail has been arrested in Arkansas after a month on the lam.
- Nearly 90 people wanted on outstanding warrants surrender Updated: Sep-20-15 12:11 pm
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - More than 80 people turned themselves in to police as part of a Fugitive Safe Surrender event in Nashville.
- Chinese man wanted on corruption charges is returned from US Updated: Sep-18-15 8:58 am
BEIJING - One of China's most-wanted fugitives suspected of graft and bribery was brought home Friday from the U.S. to where he'd fled in 2001, in what Beijing called a victory in its efforts to gain greater cooperation from Washington on repatriating accused criminals.
- Police: Fugitive who died after arrest took cyanide pill Updated: Sep-15-15 2:55 pm
DENVER - Registered sex offender Robert Lindsay, a fugitive on the run from Maryland for two years, slipped out of a Denver-area motorcycle painting shop where he worked when police arrived to arrest him in July.
- Montana woman arrested on warrant out of Oklahoma Updated: Sep-14-15 12:40 pm
HAMILTON, Montana - Authorities say a woman allegedly living under a false name in southwestern Montana has been arrested on a warrant out of Oklahoma after fleeing the state with her 4-year-old daughter in 2012.
- Prosecutors: Fugitive chased by police strikes, kills boy Updated: Sep-11-15 2:57 pm
NEWARK, New Jersey - Authorities say a 22-year-old fugitive being chased by police struck a car and then drove onto a curb, hitting and killing a 3-year-old boy.
- Fugitive from Alamosa jail found in mobile home park Updated: Sep-11-15 4:26 am
ALAMOSA, Colorado - Alamosa authorities say they have found an inmate who escaped from the county jail.