- Ex-homeless woman graduates from Germanna CC Updated: Dec-21-13 10:03 am
- Okla. unemployment rate dips slightly in November Updated: Dec-20-13 4:35 pm
- Indiana jobless rate continues downward trend Updated: Dec-20-13 12:40 pm
- Report: Policy allows governor to veto bias cases Updated: Dec-19-13 12:53 pm
- W.Va. board cites progress on education priorities Updated: Dec-19-13 12:06 pm
- N. Ky. becoming high-tech hub Updated: Dec-19-13 10:26 am
- Looking back on 2013's small business challenges Updated: Dec-18-13 3:56 pm
- Police: Job applicant stole from tip jar Updated: Dec-18-13 7:28 am
- Police: Job applicant stole from tip jar Updated: Dec-18-13 7:14 am
- NM cities group supports secrecy for applicants Updated: Dec-17-13 2:41 pm
- Feds cite postal service in death of Mass. carrier Updated: Dec-17-13 12:34 pm
- DCS says doing better job reporting child deaths Updated: Dec-15-13 12:43 pm
- Hispanics seeking US government jobs Updated: Dec-14-13 9:23 am
- Man applies for job at NH store, gets arrested Updated: Dec-11-13 11:30 am
- Summer employees for 4-H camping programs in W.Va. Updated: Dec-11-13 2:44 am
- Drew Barrymore is busy juggling work and family Updated: Dec-10-13 9:34 pm
- Efforts underway to prevent hepatitis C outbreaks Updated: Dec-10-13 1:46 pm
- Job fairs going on in NH Updated: Dec-10-13 5:50 am
- Correction: SmallBiz-Small Talk Updated: Dec-09-13 2:04 pm
- Cook passes on restaurant, opts for vending cart Updated: Dec-08-13 1:04 am
- Metro cancels track work for winter weather Updated: Dec-07-13 1:41 pm
- Ohio amusement park to fill thousands of jobs Updated: Dec-07-13 10:09 am
- Nonprofit group fights homelessness in Ohio county Updated: Dec-06-13 5:17 pm
- Ely BLM taking applications for summer fire work Updated: Dec-06-13 6:13 am
- Transgender cop in Conn. files complaint Updated: Dec-05-13 8:10 pm
FREDERICKSBURG, Virginia - For Kimberlie Morris, being homeless involved, in her words, "lots of camping."
OKLAHOMA CITY - Oklahoma labor officials say the state's unemployment rate dropped slightly in November and that all major employment sectors reporting month-to-month job increases.
INDIANAPOLIS - Indiana's unemployment rate has continued its downward trend, falling slightly to 7.3 percent for November.
SACRAMENTO, California - A long-secret policy allows California's governor to veto employment discrimination cases against public agencies without explanation or disclosure, a state legislative report has revealed.
CHARLESTON, West Virginia - West Virginia education officials they've made progress on the governor's education priorities but more needs to be done.
COVINGTON, Kentucky - Thirteen years ago, a small circle of people in Northern Kentucky had a vision: to turn the region into a hub for technology and innovation.
NEW YORK - Small business owners are probably glad to put 2013 into the books.
REHOBOTH BEACH, Delaware - Police say a woman applying for a job at a Delaware restaurant stole money from a tip jar.
REHOBOTH BEACH, Delaware - Police say a woman applying for a job at a Rehoboth Beach restaurant stole money from a tip jar.
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - The identities of applicants for top jobs in New Mexico local governments could be kept secret under legislation supported by an advocacy group for cities.
MEDFORD, Massachusetts - Federal workplace safety officials have cited the U.S. Postal Service in the July death of a mail carrier who collapsed while walking his route on a day when the heat index went over 100 degrees.
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - The Tennessee Department of Children's Services says it's doing a better job reporting child deaths.
WASHINGTON - Iraq war veteran Chris Gomez, a Mexican-American, was sure he was a perfect candidate for a government job. He had a bachelor's degree in criminal justice and was still serving in the Army Reserve as a sergeant first class.
MANCHESTER, New Hampshire - Police in Manchester, New Hampshire, say an 18-year-old man went into a convenience store seeking a job - and left with two bottles of champagne without paying.
BEVERLY HILLS, California - Drew Barrymore isn't exactly feeling the pregnancy glow.
CONCORD, New Hampshire - David Kwiatkowski's six-month stint at the Baltimore Veterans Affairs medical center was about to end in 2008 when a doctor proposed extending the traveling technician's contract. Don't do it, one nurse warned.
MANCHESTER, New Hampshire - A couple of job fairs are going on in New Hampshire.
NEW YORK - In a story Dec. 5 about small businesses using social media The Associated Press erroneously reported that Three Brothers Bakery plans to open a store in Washington, D.C. It actually plans a store located on Washington Avenue in Houston. The story also misspelled the name of the company's co-owner. Her name is Janice Jucker.
DANBURY, Connecticut - For years, friends and family would tell Bruce Lyon how much they loved his wood-fired pizzas, and would urge him to open his own restaurant.
WASHINGTON - Metro says it is cancelling all track work on Sunday to allow crews to prepare for and respond to winter weather conditions.
MASON, Ohio - An amusement park in southwest Ohio is now accepting applications for more than 4,000 seasonal jobs next year.
NEWARK, Ohio - Stepping into Kandice Hairston's apartment, it's difficult to miss the writings on her walls.
ELY, Nevada - Federal officials in Ely are accepting applications for seasonal wildfire suppression work in Caliente, Ely and Pony Springs.
NEW HAVEN, Connecticut - A transgender police officer in Connecticut has filed a complaint with a state agency alleging her supervisors created a hostile work environment because of her gender identity.