- The Latest: Amtrak also affected Tuesday by CSX derailment Updated: May-02-16 6:46 pm
WASHINGTON - The Latest on the CSX train derailment in Washington, D.C. (all times local):
- Labor contractor must pay $7.6M for mistreating farmworkers Updated: May-02-16 1:38 pm
SPOKANE, Washington - A federal judge has ordered a farm labor contractor to pay $7.6 million in damages for a pattern of subjecting Thai farmworkers in the state of Washington to a hostile work environment, harassment and discrimination.
- College student starts business recycling dorm fridges Updated: May-01-16 3:54 pm
LEWISTON, Maine - A college student appalled at the dorm furnishings his roommates were leaving behind his freshman year has started a booming business recycling mini refrigerators.
- Northeast Ohio women launch baby-sitting app Updated: May-01-16 10:06 am
AKRON, Ohio - When Akron-area women Amy Husted and Audrey Wallace arrived at the Female Entrepreneurship Summit in Cleveland last October, the only thing they knew about elevator pitches is what they learned binge-watching ABC's Shark Tank the week before.
- Another Hero2Hired career fair for veterans set in Lincoln Updated: Apr-29-16 7:57 pm
LINCOLN, Nebraska - Organizers say more than 80 employers will attend the Hero2Hired career fair for veterans Wednesday in Lincoln.
- NCAA scraps ban on satellite camps; recruiting under study Updated: Apr-28-16 10:30 pm
The NCAA Division I Board of Directors scrapped a proposed ban on satellite camps Thursday, rebuffing a request from powerhouse conferences in the South and clearing the way for coaches to hold and work at clinics far from their campuses this summer.
- LinkedIn posts higher-than-expected 1Q results Updated: Apr-28-16 5:20 pm
NEW YORK - LinkedIn posted stronger-than-expected results for the first quarter on Thursday, redeeming itself after a disappointing outlook a few months ago clobbered shares of the professional networking service.
- LinkedIn reports 1Q loss Updated: Apr-28-16 5:09 pm
MOUNTAIN VIEW, California _ LinkedIn Corp. (LNKD) on Thursday reported a loss of $45.8 million in its first quarter.
- Priceline CEO resigns after probe into employee relationship Updated: Apr-28-16 1:56 pm
NEW YORK - Online travel booking company Priceline said Thursday that its CEO resigned after he had a personal relationship with an employee.
- EXCHANGE: Companies look for ways to keep Millennials Updated: Apr-28-16 6:34 am
CRYSTAL LAKE, Illinois - When searching for a job after college, Kyle Swenson didn't want location to determine where he would begin his career, a decision he admits not many of his friends would make.
- NY inspector general accuses prison guard of benefits fraud Updated: Apr-28-16 5:47 am
ALBANY, New York - New York's inspector general says a state prison guard has been charged with fraud and grand larceny, accused of stealing more than $38,000 in sick leave and workers' compensation benefits by falsifying medical records.
- AP Source: Knicks interview Blatt for coaching job Updated: Apr-27-16 10:07 pm
NEW YORK - The New York Knicks have interviewed former Cleveland coach David Blatt for their head coaching position, a person with knowledge of the details said Wednesday.
- Fallout from North Carolina LGBT law worries small business Updated: Apr-27-16 11:22 am
Small businesses in North Carolina are already losing valuable business because of the new state law limiting protections for gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender people.
- Margaritaville Resort to host job fairs, fill 600 openings Updated: Apr-27-16 9:56 am
BILOXI, Mississippi - The Margaritaville Resort in Biloxi will host jobs fairs to fill 600 job openings.
- Ford, UAW renew relationship with state job safety agency Updated: Apr-26-16 9:02 pm
DEARBORN, Michigan - Ford Motor Co. and the United Auto Workers say they have renewed a relationship with a state workplace safety agency that's helped cut on-the-job injuries and absences.
- Man pleads guilty to explosives use tied to abortion clinic Updated: Apr-26-16 3:55 pm
WICHITA, Kansas - A homeless man has pleaded guilty to criminal use of explosives after he went to apply for a job a Wichita abortion clinic with a small bottle of gunpowder and a wick in his backpack.
- Juvenile prisons looking for 45 new officers after riot Updated: Apr-26-16 2:07 pm
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - South Carolina's main juvenile prison has seen a sharp rise in violence and gang activity, and the leader of the agency said Tuesday she is trying to hire 45 new guards to help.
- Indians take to Buddhist chanting to alleviate urban stress Updated: Apr-26-16 4:43 am
NEW DELHI - The bank executive, the book publisher and the social worker had one thing in common: Their hectic lives in the crowded Indian capital had become so chaotic and stressful, they've turned to chanting Buddhist mantras in search of calm.
- AP Source: Mike Tirico leaving ESPN this summer for NBC Updated: Apr-25-16 6:51 pm
ANN ARBOR, Michigan - Mike Tirico is leaving ESPN and ABC Sports this summer when his contract expires to work for NBC, a person familiar with the move told The Associated Press on Monday.
- University of Colorado earning money from online offerings Updated: Apr-25-16 9:43 am
BOULDER, Colorado - The University of Colorado is starting to earn money from the massive open online courses it offers on the website Coursera.
- Officials to cut ribbon on Rochester business incubator Updated: Apr-25-16 12:40 am
ROCHESTER, New York - Several elected officials plan to cut the ribbon on the Rochester Institute of Technology's new business incubator.
- Transportation funding debate steering toward summer Updated: Apr-23-16 10:38 am
TRENTON, New Jersey - It could be well into the summer shore season before New Jersey residents and out-of-state drivers have any certainty on whether the state's gas tax is going up to pay for road and bridge work.
- Utah home to operations of 6 billion-dollar firms Updated: Apr-22-16 2:05 am
SALT LAKE CITY - The mythical unicorn is a creature with a large, pointed, spiraling horn projecting from its forehead with the power to render poisoned water potable and to heal sickness.
- Bonds enjoying his new job as he returns to San Francisco Updated: Apr-21-16 6:02 pm
MIAMI - Barry Bonds bicycles across the Rickenbacker Causeway on his daily morning ride, Biscayne Bay on one side and the Atlantic Ocean on the other, a complicated past behind him.
- Report: 41,000 lost food stamps in Wisconsin last year Updated: Apr-21-16 9:44 am
MADISON, Wisconsin - A new report from Gov. Scott Walker's administration says more than 41,000 people lost access to food stamps in the first year of a new state law requiring them to seek employment.