- 64 businesses using NY clean energy training funds Updated: Apr-18-14 3:04 am
- Neb. officials to advertise jobs via drive-thru Updated: Apr-17-14 3:35 pm
- Connecticut jobs increase as winter's freeze ends Updated: Apr-17-14 1:58 pm
- Louisiana company holds job fair at Hardin jail Updated: Apr-17-14 12:59 pm
- Excerpts from recent North Dakota editorials Updated: Apr-17-14 12:49 pm
- New Pikeville office to help entrepreneurs Updated: Apr-17-14 4:08 am
- 4 men seeking job as Council Bluffs police chief Updated: Apr-16-14 5:35 pm
- Oklahoma House passes state trooper pay raise bill Updated: Apr-15-14 8:28 pm
- Oregon reports significant jobs growth in March Updated: Apr-15-14 1:07 pm
- EXCHANGE: Cemetery workers endured brutal winter Updated: Apr-15-14 6:52 am
- Lawson collects women's business wear for charity Updated: Apr-15-14 4:04 am
- Williston homeless shelter effort deemed a success Updated: Apr-14-14 8:56 am
- DeSoto will take Good Friday as a holiday Updated: Apr-13-14 10:34 am
- Global nonprofit backs Miami startup Leapfactor Updated: Apr-13-14 3:07 am
- Work on Indiana U. gateways to begin this summer Updated: Apr-12-14 4:35 pm
- MARTA police looking to hire about 50 new officers Updated: Apr-12-14 8:28 am
- Chicago program offers young people work, learning Updated: Apr-10-14 4:07 am
- Small businesses in limbo again on tax breaks Updated: Apr-09-14 11:34 am
- New Hampshire groups host immigrant job fair Updated: Apr-09-14 5:05 am
- Eastern Michigan holding teacher job fair Updated: Apr-09-14 4:05 am
- At-home mothers on the rise, new research shows Updated: Apr-08-14 5:28 pm
- Connecticut again tries to ban unemployment bias Updated: Apr-08-14 2:32 pm
- Jackson school system plans job fair Updated: Apr-08-14 1:14 pm
- Univ. of Iowa sees surge in engineering students Updated: Apr-07-14 5:03 pm
- Initiative aimed at wooing workers to western ND Updated: Apr-07-14 9:19 am
ALBANY, New York - Gov. Andrew Cuomo says a state program designed to boost New York's green energy industry has helped 64 businesses.
OMAHA, Nebraska - Nebraska health officials are offering information about job openings to potential employees via a drive-thru method.
WETHERSFIELD, Connecticut - Connecticut added 4,900 jobs in March, helping to restore jobs lost in January because of extreme weather, state labor officials said Thursday.
HARDIN, Montana - A private corrections company that plans to turn a long-vacant southeastern Montana jail into a treatment center for Bureau of Indian Affairs inmates held a job fair to take applications for about 115 jobs.
Minot Daily News, Minot, April 16, 2014
PIKEVILLE, Kentucky - A new office is opening in Pikeville to help startup companies in Appalachia.
COUNCIL BLUFFS, Iowa - Four men are vying to become the next police chief in Council Bluffs.
OKLAHOMA CITY - Oklahoma Highway Patrol troopers could get their first pay raise in seven years under a plan given final legislative approval Tuesday, though it remains unclear whether money will be available in the overall state budget to fund the plan.
SALEM, Oregon - Oregon state economists say March saw the largest one-month increase in jobs since well before the Great Recession.
CHAMPAIGN, Illinois - When a blizzard shut down schools, government agencies and businesses across the state on Jan. 6, Patrick Lewis and two assistants were on the job at Sunset Funeral Home and Memorial Park by dawn, making sure a local resident could receive a proper burial.
INDIANAPOLIS - Secretary of State Connie Lawson is collecting donations of women's suits and business clothes.
WILLISTON, North Dakota - The city of Williston has formally recognized a company that provided beds at its crew camp for a temporary emergency homeless shelter last winter.
HERNANDO, Mississippi - DeSoto County supervisors have decided to designate Good Friday - April 18 - as a holiday for county workers instead of the state's observance of Confederate Memorial Day on April 28.
MIAMI - The global nonprofit Endeavor is adding the founders of the Miami tech company Leapfactor to its list of high-impact entrepreneurs.
BLOOMINGTON, Indiana - Work is scheduled to begin this summer on three new gateways to the Indiana University campus.
ATLANTA - Atlanta's public transit system is looking for new police officers.
CHICAGO - Chicago Mayor Rahm Emanuel says the city's young people will have 10,000 additional academic and job-training opportunities this year as part of the "Summer of Earning and Learning."
NEW YORK - Small businesses are in limbo as they wait for Congress to make decisions that could save them a lot of money.
MANCHESTER, New Hampshire - Refugees and immigrants who are graduating from New Hampshire colleges will get a chance to meet with prospective employers at a job fair just for them.
YPSILANTI, Michigan - Eastern Michigan University is hosting what it's billing as one of the state's largest job fairs for teachers.
NEW YORK - The rising cost of child care is among likely reasons for a rise in the number of women staying home full-time with their children, according to a new Pew Research Center report released Tuesday.
HARTFORD, Connecticut - Connecticut lawmakers are again trying to ban discrimination against unemployed job seekers, a problem that advocates say has not gone away even though the jobless rate has fallen from a peak of 9.5 percent in November 2010 to 7 percent in February.
JACKSON, Mississippi - The Jackson public school system plans a job fair Saturday for prospective teachers, bus drivers, cafeteria staff and maintenance workers.
IOWA CITY, Iowa - Kevin Dubbins was the kid who always took things apart. He couldn't help himself.
BISMARCK, North Dakota - Job fairs are being held in 12 cities in the Dakotas to woo workers to construction jobs in the western North Dakota oil patch.