- Tech executive mourned by Silicon Valley luminaries Updated: May-05-15 11:11 pm
PALO ALTO, California - Tech industry luminaries and friends gathered Tuesday for a memorial service honoring David Goldberg, a popular business leader whose marriage to Facebook executive Sheryl Sandberg made them one of Silicon Valley's most prominent couples.
- Kansas Senate approves bill dealing with public pensions Updated: May-05-15 8:26 pm
TOPEKA, Kansas - The Kansas Senate has approved a bill to rewrite the rules for teachers, school administrators and other public employees who return to work after retiring.
- Lafayette government agency to host job fair next week Updated: May-05-15 12:32 pm
LAFAYETTE, Louisiana - The Lafayette Economic Development Authority will host its annual job fair next week.
- Work to start this summer on nature center closed by Katrina Updated: May-05-15 7:28 am
NEW ORLEANS - Work will begin this summer toward reopening an 86-acre eastern New Orleans nature center closed since Hurricane Katrina, the Audubon Nature Institute says.
- Suit: No automatic license suspensions over child support Updated: May-04-15 1:50 pm
TRENTON, New Jersey - A new class action lawsuit seeks to end the automatic suspensions of driver's licenses held by parents in New Jersey who are behind on child support payments.
- Morningstar CEO's entrepreneurial spirit has Munster roots Updated: May-03-15 12:38 pm
MUNSTER, Indiana - The high school yearbook photos show a brightly smiling teen who was active in science club and chess club, and who worked on the stage crews of numerous school plays.
- Omaha public school teachers, district strike pay deal Updated: May-02-15 4:01 pm
OMAHA, Nebraska - Omaha Public Schools and its teachers union have struck a deal for a new contract that would give teachers raises over the next three years and increase the starting salary for new teachers.
- LinkedIn joins Twitter in post-earnings tumble Updated: Apr-30-15 8:46 pm
NEW YORK - Dumping social media stocks that show any sign of weakness is trending on Wall Street.
- LinkedIn reports 1Q loss Updated: Apr-30-15 4:43 pm
MOUNTAIN VIEW, California _ LinkedIn Corp. (LNKD) on Thursday reported a loss of $42.5 million in its first quarter.
- Labor organizers seek unusual ally in fast-food franchisees Updated: Apr-30-15 2:04 pm
NEW YORK - Labor organizers are opening a new front in their campaign for a $15-an-hour wage for fast-food workers with a push to mobilize an unusual ally: franchisees.
- Colorado Editorial Roundup Updated: Apr-29-15 6:47 pm
The Denver Post, April 27, on the bar for school lawsuits:
- Prosecutors drop sexual-assault charges vs ex-Mesa policeman Updated: Apr-29-15 2:46 pm
PHOENIX - Maricopa County prosecutors have agreed to drop sexual-assault charges against a former Mesa police officer.
- Ohio man serving life term loses appeal in Craigslist case Updated: Apr-29-15 2:18 pm
AKRON, Ohio - A man serving life in prison with no chance for parole has lost his appeal for a lighter sentence in the killings of three men lured by phony Craigslist job offers in Ohio.
- Recession not over yet for retailers, other small businesses Updated: Apr-29-15 12:08 am
NEW YORK - The recession isn't a dim memory for many small businesses.
- Dispute outside church leaves 2 fatally shot, 4 injured Updated: Apr-28-15 5:43 pm
NEW YORK - A long-running feud between two men ended in bloodshed when a gunfight broke out at a wake in Brooklyn, leaving one of them dead, police said Tuesday.
- Oklahoma Employment Security Commission sets job fair May 1 Updated: Apr-28-15 3:06 am
OKLAHOMA CITY - The Oklahoma Employment Security Commission's spring job fair is set for May 1 in Oklahoma City.
- Approved increase in size, raise in salary for Duson police Updated: Apr-27-15 1:20 pm
DUSON, Louisiana - The city of Duson police will soon have a bigger police force and bigger salaries after the town's aldermen approved hiring two officers and raising the starting pay.
- Survey: 1,400 casino jobs are now available in Atlantic City Updated: Apr-23-15 2:43 pm
ATLANTIC CITY, New Jersey - There are 1,400 jobs available right now in Atlantic City's casinos, but only 350 of them are full-time positions, according to a survey undertaken by a New Jersey casino regulator.
- Job fair a hope for laid-off Atlantic City casino workers Updated: Apr-22-15 4:37 pm
ATLANTIC CITY, New Jersey - There were only about 100 jobs available, and most of them will last for only three months.
- Job fair a hope for laid-off Atlantic City casino workers Updated: Apr-22-15 12:40 pm
ATLANTIC CITY, New Jersey - There are only about 100 jobs available, and most of them will last for only three months.
- IntegriCo Composites holds job fair Updated: Apr-22-15 4:04 am
SPRINGHILL, Louisiana - A job fair for positions at IntegriCo Composites will be held from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Thursday at the Frank Anthony Community Center Center in Springhill.
- W.Va. job fair aimed at veterans, service members Updated: Apr-21-15 3:25 am
CHARLESTON, West Virginia - A job fair for military veterans is set in Charleston.
- Don't panic, college seniors: Jobs for grads likely to grow Updated: Apr-16-15 5:31 pm
WASHINGTON - The consulting and accounting firm EY is aggressively recruiting on college campuses this spring. The company formerly known as Ernst & Young plans to hire 9,000 graduates from U.S. universities this year, up from 7,500 in 2014. But recruiting isn't as easy as it used to be.
- Financial incentives OK'd for workplace wellness programs Updated: Apr-16-15 2:34 pm
WASHINGTON - In a victory for business, federal regulators said Thursday that employers can continue to use financial penalties and rewards to nudge staff to participate in fast-growing workplace wellness programs.
- 13 workers injured in jail blast could lose jobs Updated: Apr-16-15 6:38 am
PENSACOLA, Florida - Thirteen workers injured in an explosion at the Escambia County Jail could lose their jobs if they don't return to work soon.