- 23 snow plows reported missing from Glen Burnie yard Updated: Oct-09-15 5:11 am
GLEN BURNIE, Maryland - The Maryland State Highway Administration has announced that 23 snow plows are missing from a Glen Burnie maintenance yard.
- North Platte man wins $1 million in Powerball lottery Updated: Oct-08-15 9:28 am
NORTH PLATTE, Nebraska - Randy Houpt of North Platte says he and his wife plan to remodel their home after he claimed a $1 million Powerball ticket.
- How new mortgage disclosure rules may affect buyers Updated: Oct-07-15 4:25 pm
Closing on a home can be exciting but also stressful for buyers, particularly those who are relying on financing. New rules aim to make sure buyers at least have a better understanding of the financial obligations they are signing up for when they take on a home loan.
- Ideas crop up for soon-to-be-vacant Creighton Medical Center Updated: Oct-07-15 1:15 pm
OMAHA, Nebraska - Ideas about what to do with soon-to-be-vacant Creighton University Medical Center in Omaha are emerging as a real estate marketer is looking to sell the property.
- Research group: Home sales in Connecticut rise, prices fall Updated: Oct-06-15 12:19 pm
HARTFORD, Connecticut - A real estate research group says sales of single-family homes in Connecticut rose more than 20 percent in August over the same month last year, though the median price fell 5.5 percent.
- Skeletons, skulls under Afghanistan's presidential palace Updated: Oct-06-15 11:24 am
KABUL, Afghanistan - Afghanistan's president palace says skulls and bones belonging to two bodies have been uncovered beneath a kitchen during renovation work on the palace grounds.
- State plans to sell 2 historic houses in downtown Raleigh Updated: Oct-03-15 12:52 pm
RALEIGH, North Carolina - The state has announced its plans to sell two historic homes in downtown Raleigh, including the 145-year-old Heck-Andrews House.
- CATS starts e-commerce so customers can buy tickets online Updated: Oct-02-15 7:06 am
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - The Capital Area Transit System is now allowing people to buy bus passes online in an effort to improve customer service and increase ridership.
- Event marks Dearborn neighborhood's historic designation Updated: Sep-30-15 9:52 am
DEARBORN, Michigan - A celebration is planned for a Dearborn neighborhood that's been added to the National Register of Historic Places.
- Home sales continue to rise in Baton Rouge area Updated: Sep-29-15 11:14 am
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - The number of houses sold in metro Baton Rouge rose 5.7 percent in August from a year ago despite a drop in activity in Livingston Parish.
- US home prices rise steadily in July, lifted by higher sales Updated: Sep-29-15 9:43 am
WASHINGTON - U.S. home prices rose at a solid pace in July, as would-be buyers competed for a diminished supply of available housing.
- US pending home sales fall in August Updated: Sep-28-15 11:55 am
WASHINGTON - Fewer Americans signed contracts to buy homes in August, as pending sales slumped amid broader concerns about the U.S. stock market and global economy.
- Henry Ford Health System plans $110 million cancer center Updated: Sep-28-15 9:13 am
DETROIT - Henry Ford Health System plans to build a $110 million cancer center in Detroit as part of a $500 million expansion and neighborhood improvement project, officials announced Monday.
- A crumbling Philadelphia block drowning in debt Updated: Sep-27-15 12:21 am
PHILADELPHIA - If every block is a story, then the 3300 block of Argyle Street is a novel.
- Cities bear rising cost of keeping water safe to drink Updated: Sep-26-15 10:30 am
TOLEDO, Ohio - Standing at the edge of the Great Lakes, the world's largest surface source of fresh water, this city of 280,000 seems immune from the water-supply problems that bedevil other parts of the country. But even here, the promise of an endless tap can be a mirage.
- Former teen idol David Cassidy's home sells for $2 million Updated: Sep-25-15 3:49 pm
FORT LAUDERDALE, Florida - The South Florida home owned by former teen idol David Cassidy has sold for just over $2 million.
- State levies fine against condo community management company Updated: Sep-25-15 5:10 am
CARSON CITY, Nevada - Nevada regulators have imposed a $25,000 fine on a company that manages 21 condominium communities in Las Vegas.
- Detroit grocer offers free ride home Updated: Sep-25-15 4:11 am
DETROIT - If you still believe Detroit is a food desert, Joe Gappy, owner of Prince Valley Market, will give you a free ride home after shopping at his store just to prove you wrong.
- US new-home sales surge 5.7 percent in August to 7-year high Updated: Sep-24-15 11:53 am
WASHINGTON - Buoyed by steady job gains and low mortgage rates, Americans purchased new homes in August at the fastest pace in more than seven years.
- Officials try again to auction historic Ohio home Updated: Sep-22-15 4:02 am
LANCASTER, Ohio - Officials in a central Ohio county are trying again to find somebody who wants to buy a huge historic house that dates back nearly 200 years.
- US rental home prices rise at slower pace in August Updated: Sep-22-15 12:05 am
WASHINGTON - U.S. home rents rose at a slower pace in August, a downshift that may reflect the rise of apartment construction in many major cities.
- Biden: Change in attitudes will improve police relations Updated: Sep-21-15 4:28 pm
WASHINGTON - Vice President Joe Biden said relations between police and the communities they serve will improve when both sides acknowledge and value each other.
- US home sales slide in August after 3 months of solid gains Updated: Sep-21-15 10:07 am
WASHINGTON - U.S. home sales slid in August by the most since January as tight supplies and rising prices discouraged potential buyers.
- Rhode Island real estate market remains healthy Updated: Sep-21-15 7:43 am
WARWICK, Rhode Island - The Rhode Island Association of Realtors is reporting that sales of single-family homes in the state shot up 14 percent in August compared to the year-ago month, the ninth consecutive month of year-over-year sales.
- Deal made to save 3 Portland trees; South Park creator helps Updated: Sep-18-15 2:26 pm
PORTLAND, Oregon - A deal has been reached in Portland to save three sequoias a developer planned to cut down to make room for new homes.