- Chicago-based nonprofit gets $7.2M from Chase settlement Updated: Aug-03-15 5:15 pm
CHICAGO - The Illinois Equal Justice Foundation is benefiting from a $7.2 million windfall that the state was given in a settlement with Chase.
- Renovation costs raise concern at University of Akron Updated: Aug-03-15 9:10 am
AKRON, Ohio - After the University of Akron announced significant job and budget cuts, faculty question why hundreds of thousands of dollars were spent renovating the president's home.
- Owners turning to auctions to sell their high-end properties Updated: Aug-01-15 11:13 am
EDWARDS, Colorado - Bob and Karin Weber built their dream home 14 years ago, creating an 11,000-square-foot mountaintop oasis. Now that the couple is in their 70s, they're ready to downsize.
- Mormon official buys New York home where Brigham Young lived Updated: Jul-31-15 10:01 am
PORT BYRON, New York - A descendant of early Mormon church leader Brigham Young has bought the central New York home where his ancestor lived two decades before leading the Mormon migration to Utah.
- Boise officials detail plans for restoring artist's home Updated: Jul-30-15 5:25 pm
BOISE, Idaho - Plans for a Boise home where artist James Castle lived include restoring an old bunkhouse where he worked and creating an artist-in-residence program at the site, officials said.
- Average US rate on 30-year mortgage falls to 3.98 percent Updated: Jul-30-15 11:12 am
WASHINGTON - Average long-term U.S. mortgage rates fell for a second straight week, with the key 30-year rate slipping below 4 percent.
- Lizzie Borden's house being restored to original condition Updated: Jul-30-15 8:17 am
FALL RIVER, Massachusetts - The house where Lizzie Borden lived after she was acquitted of the ax murders of her father and stepmother is getting a makeover.
- Arkansas AG issues consumer alert for first-time renters Updated: Jul-30-15 3:23 am
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - Arkansas Attorney General Leslie Rutledge has issued a consumer alert for college students and others in the state who will be renting an apartment or house for the first time.
- WVU student team selected for solar home building contest Updated: Jul-30-15 3:10 am
MORGANTOWN, West Virginia - A team of students from West Virginia University has been selected to participate in a national solar home building contest.
- US pending home sales slip in June Updated: Jul-30-15 1:32 am
WASHINGTON - The number of signed contracts to buy homes fell in June, as limited supplies of homes on the market are holding back possible sales growth.
- US home rental prices climb again in June Updated: Jul-30-15 1:31 am
WASHINGTON - U.S. home rental prices climbed much faster than incomes in June. But there are signs of slowing momentum around New York, Los Angeles and Washington.
- Fire spreads from Stevens County home, closes highway Updated: Jul-29-15 10:47 pm
CLAYTON, Washington - A fire that started in a Stevens County home quickly spread Wednesday, destroying one home and temporarily closing U.S. 395 near Clayton.
- Mike Holmes: Buy a home using intelligence, not illusion Updated: Jul-29-15 1:40 pm
NEW YORK - Mike Holmes, famous for calling out bad plumbing, woodworking and electrical work on the HGTV show "Holmes on Homes," says there are steps homebuyers can take to avoid many of those problems.
- Rhode Island single-family home sales increase 8 percent Updated: Jul-29-15 10:01 am
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - Sales of single-family homes increased 8 percent in Rhode Island in the second quarter of the year, and median prices are also on the rise.
- Court upholds reversal of house's tax sale over $6.30 bill Updated: Jul-29-15 5:37 am
HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania - The Pennsylvania Supreme Court has upheld an appeals court decision reversing the sale of a widow's home that was triggered by a $6.30 tax bill.
- Virginia home sales post strongest second quarter in 7 years Updated: Jul-29-15 4:23 am
RICHMOND, Virginia - The Virginia residential real estate market saw its strongest second quarter since the 2008 recession, according to recent report.
- Couple says city wrongly filled in pool at Detroit home Updated: Jul-29-15 2:46 am
DETROIT - A couple who bought a Detroit home to move from Hawaii says a city contractor filled in the house's pool without their knowledge or permission.
- From rents to haircuts, Americans start to feel price hikes Updated: Jul-28-15 1:00 pm
WASHINGTON - Apartment rents are up. So are prices for restaurant meals, haircuts, gym memberships and a cup of coffee.
- Strong home sales, limited supply lift US home prices in May Updated: Jul-28-15 12:08 pm
WASHINGTON - U.S. home prices rose steadily in May, pushed higher by a healthy increase in sales this year.
- Massachusetts homes sales soar in June Updated: Jul-28-15 11:52 am
BOSTON - The number of single-family homes sold in Massachusetts last month shot up by more than 11 percent compared with June 2014, making it the best June in a decade, an organization that tracks the real estate market announced Tuesday.
- Kankakee man gets 5-year sentence in marijuana-growing case Updated: Jul-28-15 4:06 am
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - A 38-year-old Kankakee man has been sentenced to five years in federal prison for growing marijuana plants with the intent to distribute them.
- Florida cities continue to lead nation in cash home sales Updated: Jul-27-15 3:05 am
ORLANDO, Florida - Florida cities continue to lead the nation in all-cash real estate transactions.
- Charleston's historic Savage House full of antique charm Updated: Jul-26-15 9:52 am
CHARLESTON, West Virginia - Elegantly perched on Capitol Hill, the Savage House has overlooked the city of Charleston for more than 100 years.
- Flagstaff to assist police officers in buying new homes Updated: Jul-25-15 6:17 am
FLAGSTAFF, Arizona - Flagstaff police officers will get a financial assist from the city when buying a new home.
- Can US housing industry's comeback endure? The outlook dims Updated: Jul-24-15 3:20 pm
WASHINGTON - The U.S. housing market has sizzled this summer, lifting expectations that home sales will finally help drive an economic expansion now in its seventh year.