- Ohio family takes big leap for dream of living in tiny home Updated: May-25-15 5:04 pm
TOLEDO, Ohio - In a few weeks, Jamie and Kelly Rye hope to start building their new dream home which requires them to downsize in a big way.
- A sampling of efforts to fight blight in Appalachia Updated: May-24-15 12:13 pm
Efforts to rehabilitate vacant or dilapidated property have sprung up around Appalachia, with states in the region taking varying approaches.
- Tiny homes, mobile homes eyed for homeless Updated: May-24-15 1:01 am
ORLANDO, Florida - Must see to appreciate! Cozy two-story cottage with bath, kitchenette, loft, spacious porch and community garden. Walking distance to health care, bus line, library and shops.
- Housing grant to aid affordable housing projects in state Updated: May-23-15 3:41 pm
SIOUX FALLS, South Dakota - Almost $3 million in grants for affordable housing projects in the state will fund 15 projects and help more than 300 families, state officials said this week.
- Office buildings come to Portland's North Williams corridor Updated: May-23-15 1:04 pm
PORTLAND, Oregon - Portland's North Williams corridor probably isn't the next Lloyd District, but a trio of new office buildings there might put the rapidly changing neighborhood on the map for companies in the market for office space.
- Driver killed after crashing into condominium Updated: May-23-15 12:32 pm
COLORADO SPRINGS, Colorado - Police are investigating what caused a driver to veer off the road and crash into a condominium in Colorado Springs early Saturday.
- Lumber company owner purchases historic Flavel home Updated: May-22-15 12:59 pm
ASTORIA, Oregon - The owner of City Lumber Company has purchased the historic Flavel home that has been left vacant for 25 years.
- Damaged buildings, homes being taken down in Delmont Updated: May-21-15 6:11 pm
DELMONT, South Dakota - Damaged buildings and homes in the town of Delmont are being taken down as cleanup continues in the town hit earlier this month by a tornado.
- Whites moving to Detroit, city that epitomized white flight Updated: May-21-15 5:56 pm
DETROIT - Whites are moving back to the American city that came to epitomize white flight, even as blacks continue to leave for the suburbs and the city's overall population shrinks.
- California home prices, sales rise in April Updated: May-21-15 5:33 pm
SAN DIEGO - California home prices climbed to a new 7 1/2-year high in April as low interest rates and job growth lured buyers, a research firm said Thursday. Sales were brisk.
- US home sales slide in April amid listing shortage Updated: May-21-15 1:06 pm
WASHINGTON - Sales of existing U.S. homes slipped in April due mainly to relatively few listings and rising prices, providing evidence of the housing sector's uneven recovery.
- Average US rate on 30-year mortgage slips to 3.84 percent Updated: May-21-15 11:24 am
WASHINGTON - Average long-term U.S. mortgage rates edged slightly lower this week after rising for three straight weeks.
- Renters appear more satisfied in many pricey US cities Updated: May-21-15 9:07 am
WASHINGTON - High rents are worth it.
- F. Scott Fitzgerald's former home on the market for $3.8M Updated: May-20-15 6:32 pm
GREAT NECK, New York - The suburban New York home where F. Scott Fitzgerald is believed to have written "The Great Gatsby" is up for sale.
- Surge in home construction is lifting hopes for US economy Updated: May-19-15 2:56 pm
WASHINGTON - The U.S. housing market has given a sudden jolt to what appeared to be a slumping economy.
- Real estate market slows, but doesn't stop, in Ferguson Updated: May-19-15 5:56 am
FERGUSON, Missouri - Despite all the unrest in the streets of Ferguson, the St. Louis County town's real estate market is holding its own.
- US homebuilders' confidence in sales prospects ebbs Updated: May-18-15 10:40 am
U.S. homebuilders are feeling slightly less confident about their sales prospects, a reflection of the sluggish start to this spring's home-selling season.
- Court says city can't stop re-renting of mobile home spaces Updated: May-18-15 4:52 am
JACKSON, Mississippi - The Mississippi Supreme Court has ruled the city of Richland cannot stop a mobile home park from re-renting vacated spaces.
- Boxing fan accelerates plans to renovate Ali's boyhood home Updated: May-15-15 7:54 pm
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - Muhammad Ali's brother on Friday recalled their wrestling matches while growing up in their family's modest Kentucky home. No punches were supposed to be thrown because their parents wouldn't allow it, Rahman Ali said.
- New Orleans OK's key blueprint for future growth Updated: May-15-15 5:59 pm
NEW ORLEANS - City leaders have approved a blueprint for future growth that spurs development along the Mississippi River, encourages live music in residential neighborhoods and requires better management of the heavy rains dumped every year on this below-sea-level city.
- New York tenants march in support of rent control renewal Updated: May-14-15 11:13 pm
NEW YORK - A crowd of residential tenants and elected officials rallied Thursday and marched across the Brooklyn Bridge to show their support for the laws governing the city's longstanding rent control rules.
- DA: Men stole 9 NYC houses, then rented or sold them Updated: May-14-15 1:41 pm
NEW YORK - Two Long Island men are accused of stealing nine houses in New York City and renting them out or selling them.
- Man found dead inside northwest Vegas apartment Updated: May-14-15 10:33 am
LAS VEGAS - A man found dead inside a northwest Las Vegas condominium appeared to have been stabbed multiple times, according to police.
- AP Interview: Pelosi predicts GOP ruin on health care case Updated: May-13-15 7:26 pm
WASHINGTON - House Democratic leader Nancy Pelosi predicted Wednesday that Republicans will "rue the day" if the Supreme Court buys their arguments and invalidates tax subsidies for millions of people under President Barack Obama's health care law.
- Historic home near Brown University to get makeover Updated: May-13-15 4:16 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - An historic home near the Brown University campus is set to get a makeover this summer.