- Mother of baby found in trash compactor faces murder charge Updated: May-05-15 4:50 pm
SLIDELL, Louisiana - A 22-year-old mother faces a murder charge for failing to care for her newborn or call authorities before the girl died and was put into an apartment complex trash compactor, Slidell police said.
- Image of Asia: Chanel pays homage in Korean fashion show Updated: May-05-15 9:01 am
In this photo by Ahn Young-joon, Chanel head designer Karl Lagerfeld walks the runway with South Korean model Soo Joo Park and godson Hudson Kroenig after the presentation of his 2015-2016 Chanel cruise collection in Seoul. The collection paid homage to the host country, blending modernity and tradition. "Modern, international version of a typical Korean mood, how we see it for the modern 21st century but with inspiration from the past because I love the traditional Korean clothes, materials, patterns and all that. But it had to be made in a modern way because you can get cheap copies of the real one in any market. The real antique ones nobody can touch," said Lagerfeld. The collection looked to Chanel's past with monochromatic black and white but with the modern twist of bolero jackets over long shorts. Some pieces were inspired by the Korean hanbok, a traditional dress that was updated with a sequined skirt or broach. The show in Seoul was attended by several Korean celebrities such as actor and singer Choi Si-Won and actress and singer Im Yoona, as well as model Gisele Bundchen and actresses Kristen Stewart and Tilda Swinton.
- Beyonce shuts down the Met Gala in peekaboo Givenchy Updated: May-05-15 3:11 am
NEW YORK - Rihanna shut down the Met Gala's red carpet in a regal yellow coat. And then came Bey.
- China-inspired couture on Met Gala red carpet Updated: May-04-15 7:31 pm
NEW YORK - Anna Wintour wore an orange floral couture look from Chanel as she walked up the grand staircase at the Metropolitan Museum of Art to kick off the gala that raises millions for her museum namesake: the Anna Wintour Costume Center.
- EXCHANGE: Old school razors making a comeback Updated: May-03-15 2:13 pm
MANTENO, Illinois - Most guys would consider shaving nothing more than a daily inconvenience. Others opt for beards just to avoid the whole skin-scraping process.
- Pretty in Pink: Princess is good for nation of shopkeepers Updated: May-03-15 11:04 am
LONDON - Britain's retailers might just be rejoicing as much as Kate and Wills about the birth of a new baby princess.
- The Latest: Flay fires up winner in Derby undercard race Updated: May-02-15 3:00 pm
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - 2:38 p.m.
- Inked and irked: Apple Watch users report tattoo problems Updated: May-01-15 8:10 pm
NEW YORK - It's an annoying problem for the unlucky few: the Apple Watch's heart rate monitor and even some other features might not work if you have a tattoo on your wrist.
- Macy's pulls plug on Glamorama Updated: May-01-15 6:31 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - Macy's has canceled Glamorama, the biggest and longest-running high-fashion event in Minneapolis.
- Seersucker combos: For men, they are a Kentucky Derby must Updated: May-01-15 5:24 pm
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - Only a confident man would wear a loud blue or pink seersucker suit in public, unfazed about what people may think.
- It's Beats over Bose for Mariota and Winston Updated: Apr-30-15 10:51 pm
NEW YORK - And the Beats go on.
- Former soldiers try to spur manufacturing in Afghanistan Updated: Apr-30-15 12:26 pm
TACOMA, Washington - Matt Griffin and Andy Sewrey felt triumphant as they drove through Kabul on the back of a pickup truck. The brothers-in-law sat on 2,000 pairs of designer sandals they had just commissioned from an Afghan factory to launch their own business.
- Ex-Auschwitz prisoner, barber to camp commander, dies at 95 Updated: Apr-30-15 11:49 am
WARSAW, Poland - Jozef Paczynski, a Polish political prisoner at Auschwitz who became the personal barber to camp commander Rudolf Hoess, has died. He was 95.
- Fleur de Paris creations at Kentucky Derby Updated: Apr-30-15 11:04 am
NEW ORLEANS - Kimberly Gondrella is a milliner at Fleur de Paris, a fanciful custom millinery and couture boutique located on Royal Street in New Orleans' French Quarter. The unique house of style is brimming with Gondrella's fur felt and straw crowning confections, which sport colorful vintage ribbons, brooches, crystals, appliques, flowers and feathers.
- Refinery29 pushes deeper into video for millennial women Updated: Apr-29-15 8:32 pm
NEW YORK - Refinery29, the digital lifestyles company focused on millennial women, is pushing deeper into video content with a harder news edge.
- Public School founders hired as creatives for DKNY Updated: Apr-29-15 7:08 pm
NEW YORK - Two fashion companies with New York roots have come together.
- Third-generation shoemaker gives Broadway its sole Updated: Apr-29-15 1:11 pm
NEW YORK - Broadway likes to say it has plenty of soul, but only one man has its sole.
- Michelle Obama dons Tadashi Shoji gown at Japan state dinner Updated: Apr-28-15 8:10 pm
WASHINGTON - First lady Michelle Obama paid tribute to the nation of honor at Tuesday's White House dinner for Japan by wearing a gown by Japanese-born designer Tadashi Shoji.
- Proposal: Free sunscreen dispensers in Boston public parks Updated: Apr-28-15 8:28 am
BOSTON - A Boston city councilor is hoping to bring a hint of the beach to the city's public areas.
- Border agents seize shipment of lead-tainted baby clothes Updated: Apr-25-15 9:08 am
LEWISTON, New York - Federal authorities say a shipment of baby clothes will be destroyed after testing positive for lead.
- Review: Getting your Apple Watch? Here's how to use it Updated: Apr-24-15 6:25 pm
NEW YORK - Apple Watches have arrived to the first group of people who had ordered one two weeks ago.
- Judge rejects GPS monitor for Reagan shooter Updated: Apr-24-15 5:30 pm
WASHINGTON - The man who shot President Ronald Reagan won't have to wear an ankle monitor if allowed to leave a mental hospital for good, a judge indicated Friday, brushing aside that request from the government.
- New York attorney general sues 2 tanning salon chains Updated: Apr-24-15 8:05 am
ALBANY, New York - New York's attorney general has filed suit against two tanning salon chains, accusing them of downplaying health risks while playing up the allure of bronze skin.
- Editorials from around New York Updated: Apr-22-15 12:20 pm
Excerpts of recent editorials of statewide and national interest from New York's newspapers:
- Tanning bed ban for young people again clears NC House Updated: Apr-21-15 6:59 pm
RALEIGH, North Carolina - The North Carolina House has again agreed to ban children from using tanning beds in the state, citing efforts to protect young people from skin cancer.