- 4 reasons why Aeropostale lost its cool with shoppers Updated: May-04-16 5:01 pm
NEW YORK - Aeropostale Inc., once a popular mall destination for teens, has filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection, becoming the latest victim in the fast-changing retail landscape.
- Diamond the size of a tennis ball could fetch $70 million Updated: May-04-16 1:01 pm
LONDON - It's a rock for the ages.
- Celebrities jam Havana streets for Chanel's Cuban takeover Updated: May-04-16 12:52 pm
HAVANA - The afternoon sun was still baking central Havana when Mabel Fernandez and her 14-year daughter took their spot facing the Prado, a grand colonial boulevard hung with lights and loudspeakers for a fashion show by French luxury label Chanel.
- Kate Spade posts 1Q profit, sees strong online sales Updated: May-04-16 8:08 am
NEW YORK - Kate Spade moved to a profit in its first quarter, helped by strong online sales and solid demand in North America.
- Another big verdict in talc case against Johnson & Johnson Updated: May-03-16 9:51 pm
ST. LOUIS - Twice in the past three months, juries have awarded tens millions of dollars to ovarian cancer victims who blamed Johnson & Johnson talcum powder for their illness - among the first verdicts in a gathering courtroom assault by law firms that are aggressively recruiting clients through TV ads and the Internet.
- Idaho women sue doctor, claim they got counterfeit implants Updated: May-03-16 1:38 pm
BOISE, Idaho - Four women have sued an Idaho doctor who they claim gave them counterfeit breast implants and knock-off Botox without their knowledge during procedures.
- Silver reigns on Met Gala red carpet Updated: May-02-16 7:44 pm
NEW YORK - Met Gala grande dame Anna Wintour was the first to arrive on the red carpet Monday, in a fringed, white body-hugging gown by Chanel and acknowledging her life is not a great example of the evening's theme, the convergence of man and machine.
- Paralympic swimmer disqualified over Olympic rings tattoo Updated: May-02-16 3:21 pm
MADEIRA, Portugal - Paralympic swimming champion Josef Craig was disqualified from a race at the IPC European Championships for failing to cover up a tattoo of the Olympic rings.
- Above-average fire year ahead in Hawaii, Alaska, Southwest Updated: May-01-16 7:37 pm
Hawaii, Alaska and the Southwest face an above-average threat of wildfires this summer, but most of the country should see normal or below-normal problems, forecasters said Sunday.
- Thunderbirds' visit motivates Aviation Academy students Updated: May-01-16 11:17 am
NEWPORT NEWS, Virginia - Justina Wolfe really wants to be a fighter pilot.
- Cover star: Duchess Kate poses for British edition of Vogue Updated: May-01-16 7:43 am
LONDON - The British edition of Vogue will mark its 100th anniversary with a rare portrait of Kate Middleton looking relaxed in the countryside.
- Man abandoned 30 years ago tries to find his birth family Updated: Apr-30-16 8:05 am
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - Nobody knows just how long the baby lay there that September night in 1986.
- Whole Foods exec: No tattoo shops planned for new chain yet Updated: Apr-29-16 3:40 pm
NEW YORK - Whole Foods is prepping for the launch of its hipster new grocery chain. But shoppers won't be able to get a tattoo with their cheese just yet.
- Are you ready to replace your moisturizer with a pill? Updated: Apr-29-16 12:22 pm
MIAMI - The makeup industry is trying to convince women that looking good on the outside starts from within - but it's unclear whether the products they're trying to hawk are safe and effective.
- Former employee ordered to pay Nu Skin in theft lawsuit Updated: Apr-28-16 3:38 pm
PROVO, Utah - A Provo-based multilevel marketing company has been awarded about $336,000 in damages and restitution after it sued a former employee over stolen personal care products.
- Thieves ram Paris Chanel store with car, make off with bags Updated: Apr-28-16 9:18 am
PARIS - French police officers say thieves have driven a vehicle into a Chanel store in central Paris just before dawn, crashing through the boutique's shutters and setting the car ablaze as they made off with an unspecified number of luxury handbags.
- Three injured after SUV drives through Boston barber shop Updated: Apr-28-16 4:39 am
BOSTON - Police say three people were hospitalized after a sport utility vehicle crashed through the front of a barbershop in Boston's Mattapan neighborhood.
- Mom charged after boy found in ditch covered in nail polish Updated: Apr-27-16 1:12 pm
ROCKLAND, Maine - Police say they have charged a Rockland woman after a neighbor found her 3-year-old son lying in a drainage ditch with nail polish on his body.
- Undercover squad may mean more covering up for Tehran women Updated: Apr-27-16 10:29 am
TEHRAN, Iran - Tehran resident Sousan Heidari has stopped letting her headscarf slip casually down over her neck and shoulders while driving in the Iranian capital. These days, the 22-year-old with a taste for bold makeup makes sure to pull it tightly over her dark hair, fearful of running afoul of a newly established undercover division of the morality police.
- Met curator Andrew Bolton, quiet defender of fashion as art Updated: Apr-25-16 11:38 am
NEW YORK - The opening seconds of the trailer for "The First Monday in May," the new documentary about the dizzyingly star-studded Met Gala, show pop star Rihanna tossing her fashionable head in slo-mo as the red-carpet cameras click furiously. Suitably, she sports a glistening tiara.
- Navy gets under sailors' skin with tattoo policy changes Updated: Apr-25-16 9:22 am
NEW LONDON, Connecticut - At 18, Mark Hillyer sold a pint of blood and a half pint of whiskey for $10 so that he could get his first tattoo.
- Mannington artist brings sights, sounds and smells to life Updated: Apr-24-16 11:25 am
MANNINGTON, West Virginia - Some artists create their work by looking directly at another item.
- Instagram pics of Hermes bags may be costly for Thai actress Updated: Apr-22-16 8:41 am
BANGKOK - Flaunting one's wealth is a popular avocation among Thailand's well-to-do, but one actress may find it as costly as a few high-fashion handbags.
- Stolen barber shop pole holds sentimental value for owner Updated: Apr-22-16 6:50 am
HOLLY HILL, Florida - Thieves took off with a barber shop pole that had been spinning outside a central Florida barber shop for almost 60 years.
- Workers help woman recover diamond jewelry thrown in trash Updated: Apr-21-16 12:54 pm
BRAINTREE, Massachusetts - A Massachusetts woman says she was ecstatic when waste workers helped her find diamond jewelry that she accidentally threw away.