- Philippine website to seek tips on missing Marcos paintings Updated: Nov-27-15 4:34 am
MANILA, Philippines - The Philippine government will launch a website to crowd-source tips on the whereabouts of some 200 missing art works, including paintings by Van Gogh, Picasso, and Rembrandt that were owned by former first lady Imelda Marcos, an official said Friday.
- Portsmouth foster care division faces staffing crisis Updated: Nov-27-15 2:10 am
PORTSMOUTH, Virginia - Just four of 15 staff positions are filled in Portsmouth's foster care and adoption services division.
- La.-Lafayette custodian recycles trash into dolls Updated: Nov-26-15 4:54 pm
LAFAYETTE, Louisiana - She wears a gray cotton dress, black Crocs and her blonde hair in a bob.
- Fred Rutherford is set to retire after nearly 40 years Updated: Nov-26-15 4:52 pm
TUPELO, Mississippi - At 65, Fred Rutherford is ready to step away from the jeweler's bench where he's created and repaired countless pieces of fine jewelry over the years.
- Study: Skin care drug prices up 401 percent since 2009 Updated: Nov-26-15 10:56 am
WASHINGTON - The cost of prescription skin treatments has skyrocketed since 2009, as the burden of escalating drug prices increasingly weighs on family budgets.
- Arian Foster's fashion takes a drastic turn Updated: Nov-26-15 2:28 am
HOUSTON - Arian Foster used to have suits in an array of colors and fabrics, and plenty of bow ties to pull those ensembles together.
- 2 days in Guangzhou: A taste of Cantonese culture Updated: Nov-25-15 10:28 am
GUANGZHOU, China - The southern Chinese city of Guangzhou offers all the hustle, bustle, culture and commerce of other major Asian metropolises minus the massive tourist crowds. But that could change as more travelers are lured to the modern port city by affordable flights and a 72-hour visa-free transit policy. Just a two-hour train ride from Hong Kong, Guangzhou is an easy weekend getaway or, in my case, a two-day stopover on my trip from Los Angeles to Malaysia.
- 1-pound puppy has tons of problems, but faces them head-on Updated: Nov-24-15 7:33 pm
RANCHO SANTA FE, California - A 1-pound puppy named Rocky because he has the heart of a heavyweight needs a special forever home.
- Marcos jewelry being appraised ahead of possible auction Updated: Nov-24-15 5:45 am
MANILA, Philippines - The Philippine government is appraising the dazzling jewelry collection seized three decades ago from Imelda Marcos, the former first lady famous for her massive stash of shoes, as it decides what to do with the jewels one expert compared to those owned by royalty.
- Bracelet maker's work started out of need to stay busy Updated: Nov-21-15 11:54 am
BECKLEY, West Virginia - Kayla Cantley is not afraid to stand out in a crowd.
- Amish man runs marathon in traditional slacks and suspenders Updated: Nov-21-15 8:18 am
HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania - An Amish man turned heads as he whizzed by fellow runners at a recent marathon - not because of his speed but because of his unusual racing attire.
- Tyra Banks scaling back involvement with her 'FABLife' show Updated: Nov-20-15 2:32 pm
NEW YORK - Tyra Banks is "scaling back" involvement with her new lifestyle show, "FABLife."
- Reel is driven to inspire Updated: Nov-20-15 2:10 pm
HAGATNA, Guam - Desiree Reel has several tattoos, and each represents an important point in her life.
- Woman accused of prostitution says she offered 'free fun' Updated: Nov-20-15 8:22 am
MOUNT JOY, Pennsylvania - A central Pennsylvania woman accused of running a prostitution service out of her home says she charged only for massages, and that any sex that occurred with clients afterward was just "free fun."
- Transit police officer buys shoes for shoeless passenger Updated: Nov-10-15 6:56 am
LINDENWOLD, New Jersey - A transit police officer reached for his wallet instead of his ticket book when a bus driver told him a disruptive passenger was not wearing shoes.
- Tag Heuer, tech companies unveil $1,500 luxury smartwatch Updated: Nov-09-15 3:09 pm
NEW YORK - A leading Swiss watchmaker and two technology titans have combined forces to produce a computerized wristwatch billed as the "world's smartest luxury watch."
- Teen fashionistas on 'Project Runway Junior' make it work Updated: Nov-09-15 2:28 pm
NEW YORK - Tim Gunn said he was apprehensive about participating in a bite-size version of "Project Runway" featuring teen designers as young as 13.
- Colored diamonds headline twin auctions in Geneva this week Updated: Nov-09-15 8:47 am
GENEVA - Two rare colored diamonds go under the auction hammer this week in Geneva, with one standout blue diamond discovered in a South African mine last year expected to fetch up to $55 million - which would set a world record for any gemstone.
- Foundation to expand Chaldean outreach in Detroit area Updated: Nov-09-15 5:16 am
STERLING HEIGHTS, Michigan - More than 16,000 immigrants and refugees walked into the Chaldean Community Foundation last year and left with a lifeline to navigate their new world.
- Legally blind barber awarded $100k for wrongful termination Updated: Nov-07-15 5:10 pm
BOSTON - A legally blind barber was awarded $100,000 by a Massachusetts commission against discrimination after it says he was wrongly fired.
- Supermodel Gisele Bundchen launches photo book in Brazil Updated: Nov-06-15 4:41 pm
SAO PAULO - Brazilian supermodel Gisele Bundchen has launched a book of over 300 photographs spanning her 20-year career just months after retiring from the catwalk.
- Dutch fashion designer melds the traditional and high-tech Updated: Nov-06-15 11:49 am
ATLANTA - Drawing inspiration from sources including art, architecture, the movement of the human body and science, Iris van Herpen creates cutting-edge fashion using a combination of traditional craftsmanship and innovative technology.
- Diamond to benefit Topeka Habitat for Humanity Updated: Nov-06-15 10:08 am
TOPEKA, Kansas - A diamond pendant apparently valued at about $20,000 is headed for the auction block to benefit a Topeka charity.
- Unplugged storage refrigerator costs taxpayers over $200k Updated: Nov-05-15 1:57 pm
FARMINGTON, Connecticut - Connecticut health officials say a refrigerator left unplugged at the UConn Health Center was responsible for the loss of more than $300,000 worth of medicine.
- NY inspectors find safety violations in tanning devices Updated: Nov-03-15 4:57 pm
ALBANY, New York - New York health inspectors report finding safety violations in 70 percent of the tanning devices examined recently in three upstate counties.