- Obama administration opening 2-front campaign on Syria Updated: Feb-11-16 1:18 pm
MUNICH - The Obama administration opened a two-front campaign on Syria on Thursday with a push to end one war there and step up another.
- Officers' widows come together to start support group Updated: Feb-11-16 3:01 am
SALT LAKE CITY - Two women whose police-officer husbands were slain in the line of duty are creating a new foundation to help other families like theirs.
- Confronting the 'heroin tsunami' in Kootenai County, Idaho Updated: Feb-07-16 2:17 pm
POST FALLS, Idaho - Crushing news came shortly after Cindy Schaffner heard sirens just a few blocks from her Post Falls home.
- House OKs bill seeking accommodations for pregnant workers Updated: Feb-04-16 3:28 pm
OLYMPIA, Washington - Pregnant workers would be guaranteed accommodations for bathroom, food and water breaks under a measure passed by the House.
- 'Gay conversion' therapists find safe haven in Israel Updated: Feb-04-16 11:57 am
JERUSALEM - A leading American Jewish group promoting therapy it said could turn gays to heterosexuals was ordered shut in December by a New Jersey court, amid growing efforts in the U.S. to curb the generally discredited practice. But therapists with ties to the shuttered group say they have found a haven for their work in Israel.
- Breastfeeding bill brings talk of 'milking', babies in mines Updated: Feb-02-16 7:31 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - A proposal to require businesses to accommodate breastfeeding mothers at work has passed the Utah Senate despite concerns from one lawmaker who wondered if it would lead to babies in coal mines.
- Many grandparents raise grandchildren in Traverse City area Updated: Jan-20-16 10:41 am
TRAVERSE CITY, Michigan - Bev Wenger's life changes dramatically at 4:30 p.m.
- Program aims to pair at-risk youth with GMU student mentors Updated: Jan-17-16 10:33 am
RICHMOND, Virginia - A program run in part by students from George Mason University wants to help young people leaving the juvenile justice system be better prepared for re-entering society and others avoid it altogether.