- Animals with special needs face hurdles to finding a home Updated: Jul-04-15 10:09 am
HARRISONBURG, Virginia - Jenny, a 2-year-old spayed American bulldog, has a torn ACL in one leg and is deaf. She needs a foster home to take her in until she can get surgery to repair the leg.
- North Pole man sickened by 'rabbit fever' Updated: Jul-02-15 1:23 pm
FAIRBANKS, Alaska - Alaska Department of Fish and Game officials suspect that a man who became sick after skinning a hare has been infected with tularemia, a bacterial infection known as rabbit fever.
- 2 Condon-area dogs found dead, poisoned with strychnine Updated: Jul-02-15 9:45 am
CONDON, Montana - Authorities are looking for whoever is responsible for poisoning two Labrador retrievers near Condon.
- Love your country, love your dog: Keep pets safe over July 4 Updated: Jul-01-15 11:14 am
LOS ANGELES - To us, fireworks are the sparkling embodiment of July Fourth. But to dogs, they truly are bombs bursting in air.
- Dog, rabbit infected with tularemia in El Paso County Updated: Jul-01-15 8:02 am
COLORADO SPRINGS, Colorado - A dog has been infected and at least one rabbit has died recently in Yoder of tularemia, a bacterial infection known as "rabbit fever."
- Retirees deciding whether new lifestyle will include pets Updated: Jun-24-15 10:49 am
LOS ANGELES - Denise and John Stevens have had pets their whole lives - then they retired.
- Meet Carlos, the unknown canine star of military drama 'Max' Updated: Jun-24-15 9:25 am
BEVERLY HILLS, California - When it comes to canine stars, like their human counterparts, sometimes it's all about the look.
- Owner of 98 seized cats sues county over search warrant Updated: Jun-23-15 4:46 pm
KLAMATH FALLS, Oregon - A Chiloquin man has filed suit against Klamath County after authorities seized his 98 cats, which he said were taken without due process.
- Massachusetts bill would let owners be buried with their pet Updated: Jun-23-15 3:37 pm
BOSTON - Pet owners who want to spend eternity next their beloved dog or cat could get that chance under a bill being considered by Massachusetts lawmakers.
- Cat wins shelter's Hero Dog award for saving kid from canine Updated: Jun-19-15 6:25 pm
LOS ANGELES - For the first time, a Los Angeles shelter's Hero Dog award has gone to a cat.
- Suit asks insurance for disabled homeowners with pit bulls Updated: Jun-19-15 4:21 pm
PORTLAND, Oregon - People with disabilities shouldn't be turned down for homeowners insurance just because they have pit bulls for service dogs, a federal court lawsuit filed in Oregon says.
- Cat hitches ride to Alaska in mattress, reunites with family Updated: Jun-17-15 5:10 pm
FAIRBANKS, Alaska - A family has been reunited with their cat Moosie after the 2-year-old gray tabby survived a two-month journey trapped inside a mattress when its owners moved to their new home in Alaska.
- Soggy Doggy, Pup Pot among inventions by, for pet owners Updated: Jun-17-15 1:28 pm
LOS ANGELES - Joanna Rein knew there was a way to prevent her rambunctious Labrador-collie mix from tracking in mud, water and drool from the soggy outdoors.
- Oakland dog owners now required to pick up after their pets Updated: Jun-16-15 8:29 am
OAKLAND, Maine - Dog owners in Oakland are now required to pick up after their pets after the town council unanimously approved a dog waste amendment to its animal control ordinance.
- Dover base veterinary clinic treats decorated military dogs Updated: Jun-13-15 9:29 am
DOVER, Delaware - From the panting yellow lab with the nasty ear infection to the quivering Siamese cat in need a nail trim, the Veterinary Treatment Facility at Dover Air Force Base is not as high-drama as one might expect.
- 'Hardwoof' floors aim to please dog lovers Updated: Jun-13-15 9:24 am
FOREST, Virginia - After a year-and-a-half of research and development, a local company has finished its new product and is ready to put it on the national market.
- Navajo beliefs on snakes lead tribal zoo to abandon exhibit Updated: Jun-12-15 5:53 pm
FLAGSTAFF, Arizona - A zoo on the nation's largest American Indian reservation has eliminated its snake exhibit because cultural beliefs about the reptiles as bad omens were deterring visitors from seeing other animals.
- Bear cub caught in Oklahoma hog trap gets new home in Texas Updated: Jun-12-15 4:02 pm
CORINTH, Texas - A wild black bear cub rescued from a hog trap in Oklahoma and kept in a chicken coop in Texas has a new home at a wildlife sanctuary.
- Sheriff's office: Boy, 3, climbs in hot vehicle, found dead Updated: Jun-12-15 2:52 am
SANDPOINT, Idaho - A 3-year-old boy apparently wandered outside and climbed into a hot car with two family dogs Thursday, a north Idaho sheriff's officer said. The boy and the dogs died.
- Parrot owner asks lawmakers to lift bird-ban at campsites Updated: Jun-12-15 2:19 am
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - They say birds of a feather flock together, but not at Rhode Island campgrounds.
- Burglars break into pet store, swipe 15 exotic birds Updated: Jun-11-15 7:40 am
ALLENTOWN, Pennsylvania - A Pennsylvania pet store is searching for more than a dozen exotic birds that were swiped from the shop.
- Abandoned dog rescued from Poland's highest mountain peak Updated: Jun-09-15 2:21 pm
WARSAW, Poland - The brown-eyed dog was abandoned on Poland's highest mountain, possibly taken there to die. Instead he found new friends and a new life.
- Missing hairless kitten found at Atlanta airport Updated: Jun-08-15 7:10 pm
ATLANTA - Officials say a hairless cat has been found after going missing at Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport.
- Vet, wife charged with forging pet health certificates Updated: Jun-07-15 4:31 am
LAKELAND, Florida - A Lakeland veterinarian and his wife have been charged with forging pet health certificates to trick consumers into believing they were buying healthy animals.
- Dog dies from toxic blue-green algae in Douglas County Updated: Jun-06-15 12:34 pm
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - Minnesota residents are being advised to avoid going into a Douglas County lake because of toxic blue-green algae.