- Gadget Watch: Whistle, a fitness tracker for dogs Updated: Apr-24-14 11:34 am
- Dog alerts customs officers to undeclared cash Updated: Apr-24-14 10:10 am
- Guilford County veterinarians treating burned dog Updated: Apr-22-14 4:58 pm
- Kennewick man, dog pick up ticks on Easter stroll Updated: Apr-22-14 3:07 pm
- Last of homeless Pa. veteran's pets can be adopted Updated: Apr-22-14 2:49 pm
- Detroit Metro Airport opens up pooch potty area Updated: Apr-22-14 1:04 pm
- Dog ticks a growing concern in Alaska Updated: Apr-21-14 1:52 pm
- Pa. dog grooming, training, boarding firms thrive Updated: Apr-19-14 10:40 am
- Pet boom in Mexico amid rising middle class Updated: Apr-15-14 12:27 pm
- NE Ohio officer has knack for calming vicious dogs Updated: Apr-14-14 1:14 pm
- Prize-winning Chihuahua puppy stolen in Britain Updated: Apr-13-14 7:54 am
- P&G selling pet food brands to Mars for $2.9B Updated: Apr-09-14 11:55 am
- Most wild kittens taken to shelters will be killed Updated: Apr-09-14 11:28 am
- Natchez looking to catch 'poopetrators' Updated: Apr-06-14 2:02 pm
- 10 years for guilty plea to abusing stolen puppy Updated: Apr-05-14 10:32 pm
- The Web's grumpiest cat has hit her terrible twos Updated: Apr-04-14 5:54 pm
- Feline fans flock to London's first cat cafe Updated: Apr-04-14 1:14 pm
- Feline fans flock to London's first cat cafe Updated: Apr-04-14 11:05 am
- Md. House votes for dog-bite liability measure Updated: Apr-03-14 4:24 pm
- Indiana couple turning pet collie into rescue dog Updated: Apr-03-14 12:38 pm
- Lincoln man drops lawsuit on city's dog law Updated: Apr-02-14 12:28 pm
- Calmer, potty-trained old dogs find new homes Updated: Apr-02-14 11:31 am
- Britain: 2 people catch tuberculosis from pet cat Updated: Mar-27-14 10:04 am
- More domestic violence shelters are taking in pets Updated: Mar-26-14 2:05 am
NEW YORK - Bad news for lazy dogs: A new device, called Whistle, lets pet owners track how much exercise - or sleep - their four-legged friends are getting.
CHANTILLY, Virginia - Officials say a detection dog at Washington Dulles International Airport alerted them to a large amount of undeclared cash a traveler was carrying.
GREENSBORO, North Carolina - Veterinary technicians at the Guilford County Animal Shelter are treating a Lhasa Apso after it was found abandoned and burned in a yard.
KENNEWICK, Washington - An Easter stroll on Bateman Island turned into an all-night battle for Arnold Porter of Kennewick and his miniature schnauzer, Roxy.
MYERSTOWN, Pennsylvania - The last of 27 pets rescued from a homeless veteran's car in Pennsylvania last month is now ready for a good home.
ROMULUS, Michigan - There's a new spot at Detroit Metropolitan Airport where dogs can do their business.
FAIRBANKS, Alaska - Many people think ticks can't live in Alaska, but a state veterinarian says that's not the case.
PITTSBURGH - Bella Donna wouldn't dare board a plane without a fresh haircut. Her name means "beautiful lady," after all, and the teacup Yorkshire terrier lives up to it.
MEXICO CITY - Camila celebrated her first birthday in a blue-and-white striped dress with tulle appliques, playing with her guests in a room decorated with pink balloons, lilacs and Hello Kitty posters.
LORAIN, Ohio - The dog whisperer carries a pistol, but rarely uses it.
LONDON - British police are appealing for help finding five stolen dogs, including a Chihuahua puppy that recently won a major prize at the prestigious Crufts competition.
MCLEAN, Virginia - Procter & Gamble is crying uncle on the edible business so it can focus on its core brands like Tide detergent and Pampers diapers.
LOS ANGELES - Wild kittens that will number in the tens of millions this year are starting to be born, but half of them won't survive, an especially acute problem at overtaxed shelters forced to euthanize the millions they receive. It's a grim reality a leading advocate calls "one of the last major problems" plaguing the animal welfare movement.
NATCHEZ, Mississippi - After a pile of complaints from residents and tourists about a stinky problem downtown, the City of Natchez is on "poop patrol."
LAKE CHARLES, Louisiana - A 21-year-old Lake Charles man must serve at least four years and four months of a 10-year sentence for stealing and abusing a puppy, a state district judge says.
NEW YORK - Watch out world, Grumpy Cat has hit her terrible twos.
LONDON - Would you like some kitten with your coffee?
LONDON - Would you like some kitten with your coffee?
ANNAPOLIS, Maryland - All Maryland dog owners would be equally liable if their dogs bite someone but also would have a chance to defend themselves in court under a bill approved by the Maryland General Assembly on Thursday.
SELLERSBURG, Indiana - Paula Lomax was hurting. She was recovering from serious back surgery which nearly left her unable to walk.
LINCOLN, Nebraska - A Lincoln man has dropped his lawsuit challenging the eviction of his dog from the city based on an ordinance that bans wolf-dog crossbreeds.
LOS ANGELES - Erin O'Sullivan wants to change lives by finding new homes for old dogs.
LONDON - England's public health agency says two people have caught tuberculosis from a pet cat, the first time the bacterial disease has been documented to spread from cat to human.
NEW YORK - A shelter in New York City quietly harbors domestic violence survivors, their children and - now - their pets.