- Review: 'Peabody & Sherman' a sweet, geeky jaunt Updated: Mar-06-14 6:28 pm
- Central Ohio shelter closes after dogs catch virus Updated: Mar-06-14 10:43 am
- Chicago bars pet shops from selling dogs, cats Updated: Mar-06-14 9:04 am
- Dog rescued by US Coast Guard reunited with owners Updated: Mar-06-14 8:22 am
- After 4 days in deep snow, dog back with owner Updated: Mar-06-14 1:52 am
- Iowa pet breeders criticize proposed legislation Updated: Mar-05-14 7:32 pm
- Approved! Bank loans to small business on the rise Updated: Mar-05-14 12:20 pm
- Rescue groups help give shelter animals 2nd chance Updated: Mar-05-14 10:24 am
- 5 things to know about Iditarod's furry athletes Updated: Mar-04-14 5:13 pm
- 24 cats, 3 dogs rescued from Pa. veteran's car Updated: Mar-03-14 3:43 pm
- Franklin County doctor is a healer on wheels Updated: Mar-02-14 10:02 am
- Young man said to be subject of famous photo dies Updated: Mar-02-14 9:57 am
- SD inmates care for orphaned puppies Updated: Mar-01-14 6:57 pm
- Dog adopted during Sochi Games still fighting Updated: Mar-01-14 3:47 pm
- Nevada puppies investigated for rabies Updated: Feb-28-14 7:01 pm
- Missing for 13 days, dog reunited with NY family Updated: Feb-28-14 5:59 am
- Spike Lee criticizes NYC gentrification Updated: Feb-27-14 5:37 pm
- Dogs lost in NH heading home to Florida Updated: Feb-27-14 6:52 am
- Revenue concerns dog Hawaii Health Connector Updated: Feb-26-14 10:01 pm
- Md. Senate advances dog bite liability measure Updated: Feb-26-14 5:37 pm
- Camera catches mountain lion kittens feeding Updated: Feb-26-14 1:43 pm
- Boy's death from infected rat spurs suit vs. Petco Updated: Feb-26-14 3:58 am
- Child dies from infected rat; family sues Petco Updated: Feb-25-14 11:08 pm
- Iowa City shelter ends cat quarantine Updated: Feb-24-14 6:40 pm
- Authorities break up family brawl over puppy Updated: Feb-23-14 12:10 pm
Animated films have seen their share of uptight dads - the most memorable being merman Triton and his strict rule over daughter Ariel in "The Little Mermaid" and the over-protective caveman Grug in the prehistoric journey "The Croods." Mr. Peabody the dog in the charming "Mr. Peabody & Sherman" is no different.
HEATH, Ohio - A central Ohio animal shelter has temporarily closed to the public after a litter of puppies contracted a contagious viral disease and died.
CHICAGO - Pet stores in Chicago will be barred from selling dogs, cats and rabbits unless the animals come from shelters.
WASHINGTON TOWNSHIP, Michigan - A dog missing since last month that was rescued several miles from land on the ice of Lake St. Clair by a U.S. Coast Guard crew has been reunited with his owners.
PENDLETON, Oregon - Curly Bear is back.
BURLINGTON, Iowa - Proposed legislation that would place new restrictions on commercial pet breeding in Iowa would put many breeders in the state out of business, according to critics of the measure.
NEW YORK - The email from the bank was unexpected. Laura Benson got an increase in her small business credit line.
MUNSTER, Indiana - Emily Halgrimson's dog, Penny, is a happy, 40-pound beagle whose name suits her bright coppery color.
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - One human wins the Iditarod Trail Sled Dog Race each year, but it's the smaller, furry athletes that do the heroes' share of the work crossing nearly 1,000 miles of merciless terrain to reach the finish line on Alaska's wind-battered coast.
LEBANON, Pennsylvania - More than two dozen animals were rescued from a homeless veteran's car after she checked herself into a Pennsylvania VA hospital.
ROCKY MOUNT, Virginia - The doctor raided the freezer, shoveling ice into a trash bag with his hands. The rescue squad had detected a pulse, reviving a man in cardiac arrest in his home near Smith Mountain Lake.
BIRMINGHAM, Alabama - The photograph of the young man was famous - a civil rights marcher in a sweater being attacked on May 3, 1963 by a German shepherd police dog in downtown Birmingham. It was so famous that people sometimes falsely claimed to be the person in the picture, trying to get attention. A statue in Kelly Ingram Park is based on the picture.
SIOUX FALLS, South Dakota - Inmates in a southeast South Dakota penitentiary are caring for a group of orphaned puppies.
Amanda Bird's quest to adopt a stray dog who was among those rounded up during the Sochi Olympics continues to be a challenge.
CARSON CITY, Nevada - Authorities in Carson City say they have found all but one of 10 puppies being sought for possible rabies.
NORTH MASSAPEQUA, New York - A Long Island family and their 8-year-old labradoodle are together again after the dog ran away on Valentine's Day.
NEW YORK - In a rant that quickly went viral, film director Spike Lee disparaged the gentrification of historically black New York City neighborhoods and reignited an age-old debate over the merits of economic change.
BEDFORD, New Hampshire - Two dogs who accidentally spent an extra-long vacation in New Hampshire are heading home to Florida.
HONOLULU - The head of Hawaii's online health insurance marketplace told state lawmakers Tuesday that it isn't earning enough to pay its bills beyond 2014.
ANNAPOLIS, Maryland - Maryland's Senate advanced a measure on Wednesday that would hold dog owners liable for bites, but protect those who can prove they didn't know their dog was dangerous.
LOS ANGELES - A mountain lion and her kittens having a late-night snack were recorded via a remote camera in a Southern California wilderness park.
SAN DIEGO - The death of a 10-year-old San Diego boy from a bacterial infection he reportedly got from his pet rat prompted his family to sue retailer Petco, saying they want to raise awareness among parents.
SAN DIEGO - A San Diego family is suing Petco after the death of their 10-year-old son from a bacterial infection they say he contracted from his pet rat.
IOWA CITY, Iowa - The cat room at the Iowa City animal shelter is open again for visitors looking to adopt and for new cats needing a home.
BUNNELL, Florida - A Daytona Beach woman faces charges of aggravated battery after a family brawl over custody of a puppy.