- Editorials from around Oregon Updated: Nov-23-15 12:34 pm
Selected editorials from Oregon newspapers.
- Arkansas homeless population drops 12 percent from 2013 Updated: Nov-23-15 3:09 am
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - New data shows that more than 2,500 Arkansas residents are homeless, yet the latest numbers indicate that this population is actually on the decline.
- Colorado unveils plan to manage water amid drought, demand Updated: Nov-19-15 1:36 pm
DENVER - The snow that falls on the Colorado mountains melts into trillions of gallons of water every year, and most of it flows downstream to Mexico, California and 17 other states. Colorado released its first-ever plan Thursday to cope with increasing competition for that water as the West grows drier.
- Lower Rockford population means fewer students in schools Updated: Nov-05-15 4:21 am
ROCKFORD, Illinois - Rockford education officials say dropping enrollment numbers are more indicative of population losses than struggling schools.
- Federal government begins large Oregon wild horse roundup Updated: Nov-02-15 8:06 pm
PORTLAND, Oregon - Wild horse advocates are calling for a stop to one of the largest roundups of wild mustangs in Oregon history.
- China's easing of birth limit a boon to couples, companies Updated: Oct-29-15 11:49 pm
BEIJING - China's decision to abolish its one-child policy is a boon to couples and to sellers of goods from formula to diapers to toys. And it might help defuse economic stresses caused by an aging population.