- Interstate linking Vegas, Phoenix faces tough go Updated: Mar-06-14 2:56 am
- Haley: Employment growing faster than population Updated: Mar-03-14 4:50 pm
- Audubon Society plans to track Rusty Blackbird Updated: Feb-28-14 2:15 pm
- Mail carriers in oil patch offered incentives Updated: Feb-26-14 5:02 pm
- Le Mars area Catholic parishes plan merger Updated: Feb-26-14 3:36 pm
- AP Newsbreak: Internal BLM memo shows mustang woes Updated: Feb-22-14 1:31 pm
- Lawn limits considered, then rejected in Colorado Updated: Feb-21-14 2:49 pm
- ND considers alternatives as prisons, jails fill Updated: Feb-18-14 4:47 pm
- Annual event a big opportunity for amateur birders Updated: Feb-15-14 12:22 pm
- Declining population challenges W. Pa. county Updated: Feb-09-14 11:20 am
LAS VEGAS - Las Vegas and Phoenix are linked by a road that narrows to two lanes, hits stoplights in a Depression-era town and until recently backed up traffic over the Hoover Dam.
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - Gov. Nikki Haley's administration touted Monday that South Carolina's employment reached an all-time high in December, but its release didn't take into account the state's growing population.
LAWRENCE, Kansas - Growing up on a farm in southeast Kansas inspired a lifelong interest in nature for Lawrence resident Gary Anderson.
BISMARCK, North Dakota - The U.S. Postal Service will grant pay increases and bonuses to recruit and retain mail carriers in western North Dakota's oil patch, where the region's soaring population has led to overwhelmed workers, long lines at post offices and tardy or undelivered mail.
LE MARS, Iowa - Two Catholic parishes in the Le Mars area will merge in response to fewer available priests and declining rural population.
RENO, Nevada - The head of the government's $70 million wild-horse management program warned last summer that it is headed for financial collapse unless "drastic changes" are made in the decades-old roundup policy she said could be setting U.S. rangeland-improvement goals back 20 years.
DENVER - Colorado lawmakers on Friday backed off a plan to conserve water by limiting the size of lawns in new developments, avoiding a clash between developers and environmentalists as the state tries to deal with limited water and a booming population.
BISMARCK, North Dakota - North Dakota's robust economy has led to a record population, the lowest unemployment rate in the nation and thousands of more jobs than takers. But the state's economic miracle led by its oil bonanza also has resulted in plenty of problems, including more crime and increasingly overcrowded prison and jail cells.
HACKENSACK, New Jersey - Casual birders and professionals alike are dusting off their binoculars for this weekend's Great Backyard Bird Count, an annual event in which amateurs help gather valuable data for researchers to track the health of bird populations.
EBENSBURG, Pennsylvania - Unless there is a sharp influx of new residents into Cambria County, beginning in 2021 there will be two fewer row offices and more than 200 fewer employees at the courthouse.