- New $4.5M lab battles to save Devil's Hole pupfish Updated: Dec-05-13 2:06 pm
- Study: Mass. to experience slow population growth Updated: Dec-04-13 6:51 pm
- Rural Texas counties fear impact of water vote Updated: Nov-30-13 2:39 pm
- Wild pig population boom threatens Va. ecosystems Updated: Nov-30-13 11:26 am
- AP Exclusive: Calif jail violence rises on reforms Updated: Nov-28-13 6:13 pm
- HUD: Homelessness drops 58 percent in Louisiana Updated: Nov-21-13 3:53 pm
- Oregon population growth estimated at 1 percent Updated: Nov-19-13 3:36 pm
- Bend, Deschutes County show population growth Updated: Nov-18-13 5:37 pm
- S. Texas county faces juvenile jail overcrowding Updated: Nov-17-13 3:55 pm
- 2013 will set sea otter harvest record Updated: Nov-16-13 6:25 am
- China promises market opening in reform plan Updated: Nov-15-13 10:22 am
- Lumumba, Barbour: Strong capital city helps Miss. Updated: Nov-14-13 6:43 pm
- A hard look at the future of Chinatowns Updated: Nov-13-13 1:08 pm
- Experts: Man, nature share typhoon tragedy blame Updated: Nov-11-13 7:13 pm
LAS VEGAS - Three fish the color of a dingy dime, only smaller, hover near the bottom of tanks No. 6 and 7 at a new research facility 90 miles west of Las Vegas.
BOSTON - Massachusetts is expected to experience slow population growth in coming years.
AUSTIN, Texas - Officials from the few rural Texas counties where voters opposed a $2 billion water spending measure that was overwhelmingly approved are wary of big-city thirsts sucking them dry.
WASHINGTON - There's a population explosion of large, wild animals in the Virginia woods, and it's not the cute, doe-eyed kind that conjures images of Bambi.
SACRAMENTO, California - County jails that account for the vast majority of local inmates in California have seen a marked increase in violence since they began housing thousands of offenders who previously would have gone to state prisons.
NEW ORLEANS - New federal statistics say homelessness in Louisiana has dropped by 58 percent in Louisiana, and by 73 percent in the New Orleans-Jefferson Parish area.
PORTLAND, Oregon - Times are getting better, so people are heading to Oregon.
BEND, Oregon - Bend and Deschutes County have returned to the list of Oregon areas with the fastest-growing populations.
EDINBURG, Texas - A South Texas county that is the poorest in the nation and faces a booming population of young people is struggling with overcrowding at its juvenile jail facility.
PETERSBURG, Alaska - This year will set a record for the biggest harvest of sea otters from Alaska coastal communities, a trend that matches a growing population.
BEIJING - China's leaders pledged Friday to open state-dominated industries wider to private competition and ease limits on foreign investment in e-commerce and other businesses in a sweeping reform plan aimed at rejuvenating a slowing economy.
JACKSON, Mississippi - Mississippi's capital city faces a shrinking population, aging infrastructure, financially struggling schools and other challenges, but the mayor and a former governor said Thursday that they believe Jackson's best days are ahead if people work for improvement.
PHILADELPHIA - People who stroll through Chinatown on Saturday nights bathe in the lights of intriguing new restaurants, hip tea shops, and stylish lounges.
WASHINGTON - Nature and man together cooked up the disaster in the Philippines.