- Grand Forks Air Force Base has new commander Updated: Jul-01-15 8:11 pm
GRAND FORKS, North Dakota - Grand Forks Air Force Base is under a new command.
- Vermont native achieves rank of Air Force brigadier general Updated: Jun-29-15 5:08 am
ESSEX, Vermont - A Vermont native was recently sworn in as a brigadier general in the U.S. Air Force with a little help from his dad.
- Indonesian army inches back into civilian sphere Updated: Jun-27-15 2:19 am
JAKARTA, Indonesia - Nearly two decades after the fall of dictator Suharto forced Indonesia's military out of politics, the army is inching back into civilian roles, risking a setback for democracy in this Southeast Asian nation and perhaps even for the turbulent region.
- Joint Base gets new commander Updated: Jun-26-15 8:43 am
MCGUIRE AIR FORCE BASE, New Jersey - New Jersey's Joint Base McGuire-Dix-Lakehurst has a new commander.
- Cape May Coast Guard gets new commander Updated: Jun-26-15 8:34 am
CAPE MAY, New Jersey - Coast Guard Station Cape May has a new leader.
- NATO: Risk of return to heavy fighting in Ukraine Updated: Jun-25-15 2:59 pm
BRUSSELS - Russian President Vladimir Putin isn't finished using his military in eastern Ukraine, the top U.S. military commander for NATO said Thursday as the U.S. and its allies outlined additional support for Kiev, including aid in defusing roadside bombs.
- Fort Campbell unit marking change of command Updated: Jun-25-15 4:05 am
FORT CAMPBELL, Kentucky - Fort Campbell's 2nd Brigade Combat Team, 101st Airborne Division, will officially mark a change of command on Friday.
- Report: Colombia generals go unpunished in civilian killings Updated: Jun-24-15 12:46 pm
BOGOTA, Colombia - Dozens of senior Colombian army officers implicated in the killing of 3,000 civilians falsely claimed to be rebels a decade ago have risen through the ranks and are escaping punishment for their roles in one of Latin America's worst atrocities, Human Rights Watch said Wednesday.
- Robins Air Force Base unit gets new commander Updated: Jun-23-15 6:38 am
WARNER ROBINS, Georgia - One of the highest profile units at Robins Air Force Base has a new leader.
- Senate overwhelmingly confirms new TSA administrator Updated: Jun-22-15 6:28 pm
WASHINGTON - The Senate voted on Monday to confirm a new leader for the Transportation Security Administration in the wake of reports of startling security gaps at U.S. airports.
- Army reprimanded general for alleged ethical lapse Updated: Jun-22-15 12:39 pm
WASHINGTON - The Army reprimanded a two-star general for poor judgment in "creating the perception" of undue favoritism in the awarding of a no-bid government contract, and the military will soon decide whether he will be forced to retire at a lower rank, officials said Monday.
- Poland appoints commander of armed forces in case of war Updated: Jun-22-15 8:07 am
WARSAW, Poland - In an unprecedented move, Poland's president has appointed army Lt. Gen. Marek Tomaszycki as commander of the nation's armed forces in case of war.
- New commander takes over for New York Air National Guard Updated: Jun-22-15 3:08 am
ALBANY, New York - The next leader of the New York Air National Guard is taking command of the statewide military organization this week.
- Al-Qaida's No. 2 leader killed in US strike in Yemen Updated: Jun-16-15 11:08 pm
CAIRO - A U.S. airstrike has killed al-Qaida's second-most-powerful figure, the head of its Yemeni branch, dealing the terror network its biggest blow since the killing of Osama bin Laden at a time when it is vying with the Islamic State group for the mantle of global jihad.
- NATO commander: US weighs placing army equipment in east Updated: Jun-16-15 4:28 pm
USTKA, Poland - The U.S. and other NATO members are considering placing heavy military equipment in the alliance's eastern flank nations, NATO's commander for Europe said Tuesday.
- Kenya official: Al-Shabab commander killed in attack of army Updated: Jun-15-15 11:56 am
NAIROBI, Kenya - Kenya's military Monday said they killed a Kenyan al-Shabab commander responsible for two attacks a year ago that killed at least 60 people, killing the extremist as he led an attack on a military camp in the same area.
- Oklahoma National Guard holds change of command ceremony Updated: Jun-13-15 4:46 pm
MUSTANG, Oklahoma - The Oklahoma National Guard's 45th Field Artillery Brigade has a new commander.
- Army secretary OKs burial in Arlington for La. guardsman Updated: Jun-12-15 6:21 pm
NEW ORLEANS - The family of a Louisiana National Guardsman killed in a helicopter crash in the Gulf of Mexico has received approval for him to be buried in Arlington National Cemetery.
- General: New US hub in Iraq could be model Updated: Jun-11-15 7:43 pm
NAPLES, Italy - The Pentagon's top general said Thursday the U.S. military's reach could extend even further into Iraq if the anti-Islamic State campaign gains momentum, and he held out the possibility of eventually recommending to President Barack Obama that U.S. troops take on the riskier role of calling in airstrikes.
- Judge unseals letters of support filed in Petraeus case Updated: Jun-08-15 5:17 pm
CHARLOTTE, North Carolina - Political, military and international figures are among the nearly three dozen people who filed letters of support for former CIA Director David Petraeus, whose career was ruined for sharing classified materials with a mistress who was writing his biography.
- Army Secretary McHugh stepping down by November Updated: Jun-08-15 4:58 pm
WASHINGTON - Army Secretary John McHugh says he will step down no later than November 1, after leading the service for the past six years.
- Aviators honored at annual 'Gathering of Eagles' in Alabama Updated: Jun-05-15 9:06 pm
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - As one of the nation's famed Red Tail fighters during World War II, Capt. Roscoe C. Brown Jr. would not let racial segregation stop him from becoming a historic Tuskegee Airman.
- Defense secretary convenes meeting on Russia, Ukraine Updated: Jun-04-15 8:59 am
STUTTGART, Germany - Defense Secretary Ash Carter is summoning top American defense and diplomatic leaders to Germany Friday to map out a counterstrategy to Russia's military operations in Ukraine and reassure allies worried about Moscow's aggression.