- Army checkpoints in Bangkok get flowery makeover Updated: Mar-07-14 10:59 am
- Gas leak on Indian destroyer kills navy officer Updated: Mar-07-14 10:27 am
- Senate blocks change to military sex assault cases Updated: Mar-06-14 9:17 pm
- Senate set to vote on military sexual assault bill Updated: Mar-05-14 6:52 pm
- Army Cadet Command gets new leader Updated: Mar-05-14 4:06 am
- Navy trying again to redevelop shipyard prison Updated: Mar-04-14 5:02 pm
- 180th Fighter Wing in Ohio getting new commander Updated: Mar-02-14 4:05 am
- Will 'zero option' in Afghanistan cause chaos? Updated: Mar-01-14 4:11 am
- Coast Guard vice admiral tapped as next commandant Updated: Feb-28-14 3:37 pm
- US general: Grim Afghan future if no security pact Updated: Feb-26-14 3:20 pm
- Army study gives women taste of combat tasks Updated: Feb-26-14 3:16 pm
- Retired Robert Gates enjoys Skagit County home Updated: Feb-25-14 12:58 pm
- Navy relieves commander of grounded ship Updated: Feb-25-14 12:45 pm
- Command of Whiteman AFB bomb wing changes hands Updated: Feb-23-14 7:17 pm
- Nuke test scores fell flat during alleged cheating Updated: Feb-22-14 2:37 pm
- SC Army Guard unit gets Berry as new commander Updated: Feb-22-14 4:06 am
- Former post commander to repay $370K Updated: Feb-21-14 1:04 pm
- Fort Campbell team welcomes new leader Updated: Feb-19-14 6:13 am
- AP Exclusive: Misconduct forces more soldiers out Updated: Feb-15-14 5:52 pm
- Competition for presidency heats up staid Algeria Updated: Feb-15-14 6:02 am
- World's largest naval base to get new leader Updated: Feb-14-14 3:06 am
- Putin backs Egypt army chief's run for president Updated: Feb-13-14 3:38 pm
- Marine Air Station Beaufort gets new commander Updated: Feb-13-14 8:58 am
- Egypt military chief heads to Moscow in rare visit Updated: Feb-12-14 5:08 pm
- NY mayor called police boss about arrested pastor Updated: Feb-11-14 7:46 pm
BANGKOK - Military checkpoints set up in Thailand's capital to keep security during the country's political unrest are getting a makeover in a bid to project a kinder, gentler image, the army said Friday.
NEW DELHI - A gas leak on a destroyer being built at a Mumbai dockyard killed a navy commander and sickened two workers Friday, in the latest fatal accident to hit the Indian navy.
WASHINGTON - Bowing to the Pentagon, the Senate agreed after impassioned debate Thursday to leave the authority to prosecute rapes and other serious crimes with military commanders in a struggle that highlighted the growing role of women in Congress.
WASHINGTON - The Senate is heading for a showdown over contentious legislation to curb sexual assaults in the military by taking away the authority of senior commanders to prosecute rapes and other serious offenses.
FORT KNOX, Kentucky - The U.S. Army Cadet Command at Fort Knox will get a new leader.
The Navy is trying for a third time to enlist the private sector to redevelop the Portsmouth Naval Shipyard's shuttered prison, a fortress-like structure that has priceless views of the Atlantic Ocean but needs millions of dollars of repairs after years of neglect.
SWANTON, Ohio - The Ohio Air National Guard's 180th Fighter Wing based in northwest Ohio is getting a new commander.
WASHINGTON - If President Barack Obama were to decide to leave no military advisory force in Afghanistan next year, would Afghan security unravel to the point of enabling a civil war, a Taliban takeover and a return of al-Qaida in such numbers as to pose a 9/11-type threat?
WASHINGTON - President Barack Obama is nominating a Coast Guard vice admiral to be the next Coast Guard commandant.
BAGRAM AIR FIELD, Afghanistan - Depicting a grim future for Afghanistan without U.S. help, the top U.S. military officer said Wednesday that Afghanistan's refusal to sign a security agreement with the United States may make the fight more difficult this year, embolden the enemy and prompt some Afghan security forces to cooperate with the Taliban to "hedge their bets."
FORT STEWART, Georgia - Standing just over 5 feet, Army Spc. Karen Arvizu is barely a foot taller than the anti-tank missile she carries in both arms and loads into an armored vehicle. She stands on her tip-toes to wrestle open the 300-pound top hatch.
MOUNT VERNON, Washington - Robert Gates and his wife Becky took a road trip last summer, driving from their home in Skagit County to Glacier National Park in Montana. For many, that would be a typical summer vacation, but for the Gateses, it was remarkable.
WASHINGTON - The commander of the U.S. Navy ship that ran aground while deployed near the Olympics has been relieved of his command.
KNOB NOSTER, Missouri - Command of the 509th Bomb Wing at Whiteman Air Force Base has been turned over to a Missouri native, Brig Gen. Glen D. VanHerck, at a ceremony in front of 500 troops and family members.
WASHINGTON - Last summer, when dozens of nuclear missile officers allegedly cheated on exams, test scores were among the lowest of the year, according to Air Force records obtained by The Associated Press. That is the opposite of what might be expected if answers were being shared as widely as officials allege.
BRATTONSVILLE, South Carolina - The South Carolina Army National Guard's 178th Combat Engineer Battalion is getting a new commander.
JACKSON, Mississippi - The former adjutant of an American Legion Post 1776 in Cleveland has agreed to repay $370,000 in post money that he had converted to his own use.
FORT CAMPBELL, Kentucky - A Fort Campbell-based unit will welcome a new command sergeant major during an activation ceremony at the military post.
WASHINGTON - The number of U.S. soldiers forced out of the Army because of crimes or misconduct has soared in the past several years as the military emerges from a decade of war that put a greater focus on battle competence than on character.
ALGIERS, Algeria - In Algeria, which has been run by a succession of military men for decades, presidential elections often are foregone conclusion. But not this year.
NORFOLK, Virginia - The world's largest naval installation is getting a new leader.
MOSCOW - Russian President Vladimir Putin on Thursday wished Egypt's military chief victory in the nation's presidential vote, even though he has yet to announce his bid - a strong endorsement signaling Moscow's desire to expand its military and other ties with a key U.S. ally in the Middle East.
MARINE CORPS AIR STATION BEAUFORT, South Carolina - Marine Corps Air Station Beaufort is getting a new commander.
CAIRO - Egypt's military chief headed to Russia Wednesday on his first trip abroad since ousting the country's Islamist president, part of a shift to reduce reliance on the United States at a time of frictions between the longtime allies.
NEW YORK - Mayor Bill de Blasio called the commanding officer of the police department's press office to ask about the arrest of a politically connected pastor who endorsed him and served as a member of his transition team, but the pastor had already been released, police and administration officials said Tuesday,