- Judge says no attorney general testimony for now Updated: Mar-12-14 12:20 pm
- House panel subpoenas on wind power, eagle deaths Updated: Mar-11-14 4:58 pm
- Federal grand jury seeks pension documents Updated: Mar-08-14 5:05 am
- NJ panel: Christie aide should turn over papers Updated: Mar-07-14 6:13 pm
- Hawaii lawmakers weigh subpoenas in hospital case Updated: Mar-05-14 4:35 pm
- Citigroup, Banamex USA disclose subpoenas Updated: Mar-03-14 12:55 pm
- Conservative Texas group keeps donors secret Updated: Mar-01-14 2:53 pm
- Walker attorney named in John Doe court filing Updated: Feb-28-14 10:24 am
- Court: Grand jury sought records from RI tribe Updated: Feb-25-14 2:53 pm
- Justice Dept. revises media rules Updated: Feb-21-14 8:55 pm
- FBI probe Conn. House GOP, direct mail vendors Updated: Feb-21-14 7:20 pm
- Stumbo to fight subpoena for ethics hearing Updated: Feb-21-14 5:08 pm
- Maine legislative panel to subpoena CDC officials Updated: Feb-21-14 2:49 pm
- Utah AG drops use of warrantless subpoenas Updated: Feb-15-14 5:50 pm
- State fair commission head goes before panel Updated: Feb-13-14 6:46 pm
- 2 top SF fire officials subpoenaed over crash Updated: Feb-12-14 10:01 am
FORT PAYNE, Alabama - A judge in Fort Payne rejected an attempt by former state Senate leader Lowell Barron to make the state attorney general testify at his trial next month on campaign finance charges.
WASHINGTON - House Republicans are seeking to compel the Obama administration to turn over uncensored, internal documents related to its enforcement of environmental laws at wind farms where eagles and other protected birds have been killed.
PHOENIX - The pension system for Arizona police and firefighters has received a federal grand jury subpoena to turn over documents.
TRENTON, New Jersey - A judge should not allow New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie's two-time campaign manager a blanket refusal to comply with a subpoena from a state legislative panel investigating a political payback scandal, lawyers for the panel said in a court filing Friday.
HONOLULU - Hawaii lawmakers are deciding how to proceed with their investigation into shoddy working conditions and mismanagement at Hawaii State Hospital.
NEW YORK - Citigroup and affiliate Banamex USA have disclosed grand jury subpoenas concerning compliance with the Bank Secrecy Act and anti-money laundering requirements under federal laws and banking regulations.
AUSTIN, Texas - A conservative Texas political group is waging an intense legal battle to try to keep the names of its donors secret by taking the Texas Ethics Commission to federal court.
MADISON, Wisconsin - The attorney for Gov. Scott Walker's campaign is named in a court order as a lawyer in a case challenging the ongoing secret investigation into possible illegal campaigning.
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - The Narragansett Indian Tribe has been subpoenaed as part of a criminal investigation, according to a federal appeals court decision unsealed Tuesday, but the ruling didn't specify who or what the federal grand jury is looking into or what records were sought.
WASHINGTON - The Justice Department announced Friday it is revising its rules for obtaining records from the news media in leak investigations, promising that in most instances the government will notify news organizations beforehand of its intention to do so.
HARTFORD, Connecticut - Republican state lawmakers say they believe federal authorities are trying to determine whether any Connecticut House Republicans were pressured to use a particular company for their political campaign mailings.
FRANKFORT, Kentucky - House Speaker Greg Stumbo says he will fight a subpoena that he testify at a legislative ethics hearing about fellow Democrat and former Rep. John Arnold, who resigned from office last year amid accusations that he sexually harassed legislative staffers.
AUGUSTA, Maine - A Maine legislative panel will issue subpoenas to state Centers for Disease Control officials as they seek answers about the mishandling and shredding of public documents.
SALT LAKE CITY - Utah Attorney General Sean Reyes is dropping his office's use of a law-enforcement tool that has raised privacy concerns, citing the potential for abuse.
SANTA FE, New Mexico - Faced with a possible subpoena, the state fair manager appeared Thursday before a Senate committee to tell members that Expo New Mexico is financially solvent and most management problems are in the past.
SAN FRANCISCO - Two top officials in the San Francisco Fire Department are among those subpoenaed to testify before a grand jury investigating an incident in which a firefighter suspected of being drunk drove a ladder truck into a motorcyclist and left the scene last June.