- Providence documents related to Fox subpoenaed Updated: Apr-17-14 12:47 pm
- Official: 6 subpoenas in NY stock trade probe Updated: Apr-16-14 6:46 pm
- Could police have averted the Boston bombings? Updated: Apr-15-14 5:37 pm
- Judge orders station to surrender full interview Updated: Apr-15-14 4:34 pm
- Wife of bomb suspect got triple-slaying subpoena Updated: Apr-15-14 2:55 pm
- New Jersey taxpayers paying bridge probe lawyers Updated: Apr-15-14 1:59 pm
- Group asks Supreme Court to stay out of John Doe Updated: Apr-14-14 6:19 pm
- Subpoena suit ending with NY corruption commission Updated: Apr-13-14 11:46 am
- UAW subpoenas Haslam, Corker in VW challenge Updated: Apr-09-14 9:28 pm
- Hastings issues subpoena over case Updated: Apr-09-14 11:10 am
- Stay issued on subpoenas in NC election law case Updated: Apr-08-14 2:55 pm
- Ex-ethics chief in Ga. wins retaliation lawsuit Updated: Apr-04-14 5:55 pm
- Governor vetoes legislative subpoena power bill Updated: Apr-02-14 8:16 pm
- State senators: Time needed for child abuse review Updated: Apr-02-14 4:59 pm
- MacBeth wants subpoenas for 38 Studios testimony Updated: Apr-01-14 6:56 pm
- Judge: Subpoenas in NC voting suit must be honored Updated: Mar-27-14 10:23 pm
- Clarification: Media Shield Law story Updated: Mar-24-14 3:59 pm
- Schuette seeks subpoenas in propane pricing probe Updated: Mar-19-14 8:43 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - Federal law enforcement officials have subpoenaed documents pertaining to former House Speaker Gordon Fox from the city of Providence, a spokesman for Mayor Angel Taveras said Thursday.
ALBANY, New York - An official familiar with the investigation said the New York Attorney General's Office has issued subpoenas to six firms and sent a letter to another for details about split-second stock trading and any unfair advantages.
BOSTON - It was a shocking slaying in a Boston suburb that sometimes goes years without one homicide, let alone three at once. The victims' throats had been sliced in a home on a tree-lined street, marijuana and cash strewn over their bodies.
SANTA FE, New Mexico - A judge has ordered an Albuquerque television station to turn over raw video of its interview with a Farmington man who was shot in 2010 when a title-loan company's workers tried to repossess his vehicle.
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - The attorney for the wife of the dead Boston Marathon bombing suspect says a federal grand jury asked her for items that belonged to one of the victims in a triple slaying in a Boston suburb nearly three years ago.
TRENTON, New Jersey - New Jersey taxpayers will pay $340 per hour for law firms to represent some state employees as lawmakers and prosecutors investigate lane closures near the George Washington Bridge.
MADISON, Wisconsin - The Wisconsin Supreme Court should stay out of a dispute over subpoenas in a secret investigation into possible illegal coordination between conservative organizations and recent recall campaigns, a liberal group said Monday.
ALBANY, New York - The closing this week of New York's Commission to Investigate Public Corruption is also ending the panel's attempt in court to subpoena information about state legislators' outside business interests.
CHATTANOOGA, Tennessee - The United Auto Workers has issued subpoenas to U.S. Sen. Bob Corker, Gov. Bill Haslam and 18 other officials as part of a challenge of a vote rejecting union representation at the Volkswagen plant in Chattanooga.
KENNEWICK, Washington - U.S. Rep. Doc Hastings has issued a subpoena seeking answers on the federal government's recent decision to list the White Bluffs bladderpod as a threatened species.
WINSTON-SALEM, North Carolina - A federal magistrate judge has delayed enforcement of her ruling directing North Carolina legislators to hand over some emails and other documents about last year's election overhaul law to groups who've sued to overturn portions of the law.
ATLANTA - Jurors awarded the former director of Georgia's ethics commission $700,000 on Friday, ruling in her favor in a lawsuit in which she said her salary was cut and a deputy removed for investigating complaints against Gov. Nathan Deal.
SALT LAKE CITY - Citing concerns about potential civil rights violations, Gov. Gary Herbert has vetoed a bill - spurred by lawmakers' investigation of former Attorney General John Swallow - that would have strengthened the Legislature's subpoena power.
MONTPELIER, Vermont - As Vermont lawmakers finished their fourth meeting about child protection issues Wednesday, the only thing that became clear was how much work remained to be done: senators said they would need more time, more input from Vermonters and possibly subpoena power to dig deep into the state's child abuse policy.
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - The new chairwoman of the House Oversight committee said Tuesday she wants to issue subpoenas to key figures related to the 38 Studios deal, including former House Speaker Gordon Fox, as the panel continues its review of the state's failed investment.
RALEIGH, North Carolina - North Carolina legislators can't ignore subpoenas seeking documents that could provide insight on the development and approval of last year's elections overhaul law being challenged in court, a federal judge ruled Thursday.
WASHINGTON - In a story March 24, The Associated Press reported that Sen. Chuck Schumer, D-N.Y., discussed the media shield legislation at The New York Times' Sources and Secrets conference on the press, government and national security. The story should have made clear that it was the George Polk Awards conference hosted by The New York Times.
LANSING, Michigan - The state is seeking civil subpoenas against a propane company and its affiliate following consumer complaints tied to pricing.