- Beijing tightens hospital oversight following man's death Updated: May-05-16 8:24 am
BEIJING - China's government health care regulator on Thursday ordered hospitals not to outsource medical services or promote false advertising amid a public outcry over the death of a young man who received expensive but ineffective treatments for a rare form of cancer.
- 11 of 30 Kewaunee County wells tested are contaminated Updated: May-05-16 7:22 am
KEWAUNEE, Wisconsin - State officials say 11 of 30 wells tested in northeastern Wisconsin are contaminated with salmonella or rotavirus.
- Woman battling breast cancer wins second big lottery prize Updated: May-05-16 7:18 am
RALEIGH, North Carolina - Officials with the North Carolina Education Lottery say a woman battling breast cancer is celebrating her second big lottery win this year.
- The Latest: Doctor called to help Prince is pain specialist Updated: May-05-16 12:36 am
MILL VALLEY, California - The Latest on Dr. Howard Kornfeld, an addiction and pain specialist, who was asked to help Prince before his death (all times local):
- Doctor called to help Prince is a longtime pain specialist Updated: May-05-16 12:12 am
MILL VALLEY, California - The Northern California doctor who was asked to help Prince before his death is an addiction and pain specialist who has championed the use of a semi-synthetic opiate to treat pain.
- Sangamon County reports increase in syphilis cases Updated: May-04-16 10:51 pm
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - Sangamon County health officials are reporting an increase in syphilis cases.
- Australia's Marc Leishman out of Rio Olympics consideration Updated: May-04-16 10:07 pm
Marc Leishman won't be playing golf for Australia at the Rio Olympics in August, citing concerns over the health of his family because of the mosquito-borne Zika virus.
- Attorney: Prince arranged to meet addiction doctor Updated: May-04-16 9:16 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - In his final weeks, Prince hid signs of trouble from his fans, stonewalling reports of an overdose that required an emergency plane landing and making a brief public appearance to reassure them. But privately, the superstar was in crisis, seeking help from a prominent addiction expert that ultimately came too late.
- Oklahoma governor signs autism insurance measure, 6 others Updated: May-04-16 6:13 pm
OKLAHOMA CITY - Oklahoma Gov. Mary Fallin has signed seven pieces of legislation into law, including a bill that requires health insurers to cover the treatment of children with autism.
- Manchester opens firehouse doors to drug addicts Updated: May-04-16 3:14 pm
CONCORD, New Hampshire - New Hampshire's biggest city is opening its firehouse doors to drug addicts in a program that allows them to seek treatment in an effort to avert overdoses.
- Bird flu forces slaughter of 39K turkeys at Missouri farm Updated: May-04-16 2:37 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - A southwestern Missouri turkey farm where bird flu was found remains quarantined after 39,000 of its birds were destroyed last week as a precaution, agricultural officials said Wednesday.
- Health officials report first Zika virus case in King County Updated: May-04-16 2:02 pm
SEATTLE - Health officials have confirmed the first case of the Zika virus in King County. It's the third case of Zika in Washington state.
- Florida Gov: Prepare for Zika virus like it's a hurricane Updated: May-04-16 1:42 pm
TALLAHASSE, Florida - Florida's governor says the U.S. government needs to prepare for the Zika virus like it's a hurricane.
- Virginia man admits faking cancer scheme Updated: May-04-16 10:29 am
BECKLEY, West Virginia - A Virginia man has admitted to a phony cancer scheme involving The Greenbrier resort.
- Dolphin found to have died from parasite found in cats Updated: May-04-16 10:16 am
HONOLULU - Scientists have determined that the death of a spinner dolphin found off Hawaii Island last year was caused by a parasite-borne disease that has threatened Hawaii's monk seal population.
- Prince's death: The view from front lines of drug epidemic Updated: May-04-16 9:56 am
NEW YORK - On the front lines of America's fight against a drug-abuse epidemic, there have been emotional, sometimes contradictory reactions to news that investigators are looking into whether Prince died of an overdose.
- Birch pollen count in Fairbanks sets new record Updated: May-03-16 9:52 pm
FAIRBANKS, Alaska - Fairbanks's birch pollen count this year has set a new record for the city.
- Another big verdict in talc case against Johnson & Johnson Updated: May-03-16 9:51 pm
ST. LOUIS - Twice in the past three months, juries have awarded tens millions of dollars to ovarian cancer victims who blamed Johnson & Johnson talcum powder for their illness - among the first verdicts in a gathering courtroom assault by law firms that are aggressively recruiting clients through TV ads and the Internet.
- Pasco company recalls frozen vegetables linked to listeria Updated: May-03-16 8:59 pm
SEATTLE - A Pasco, Washington, company has expanded its recall of frozen vegetables linked to a listeria outbreak that has sickened eight people.
- AP source: Games in PR likely to be moved because of Zika Updated: May-03-16 6:35 pm
MIAMI - There's a very good chance the Miami Marlins' two-game series against the Pittsburgh Pirates in Puerto Rico will not be held there because of concerns about the Zika virus, a person familiar with the situation said Tuesday.
- Carbon monoxide likely killed boy, seriously injured sister Updated: May-03-16 6:32 pm
LINDEN, New Jersey - Carbon monoxide poisoning apparently caused the death of a 9-year-old boy and seriously injured his 10-year-old sister who were both found unresponsive Tuesday morning, authorities in New Jersey said.
- Don Shula treated for fluid retention, sleep apnea Updated: May-03-16 6:07 pm
MIAMI - Pro Football Hall of Fame coach Don Shula has been admitted to a hospital for treatment of fluid retention and sleep apnea.
- Cink to step away from golf as wife battles breast cancer Updated: May-03-16 5:36 pm
DULUTH, Georgia - Former British Open champion Stewart Cink says he is taking a break from golf after learning his wife has breast cancer.
- Pregnant Connecticut woman diagnosed with Zika virus Updated: May-03-16 5:16 pm
HARTFORD, Connecticut - A Connecticut woman who traveled to Central America and became pregnant while there has been diagnosed with the Zika virus, the state Department of Public Health announced Tuesday.
- Ex-49er Stubblefield denies sexually assaulting woman Updated: May-03-16 5:14 pm
SAN JOSE, California - A former San Francisco 49er defensive lineman charged with raping a developmentally delayed woman denied the charges Tuesday, saying the episode was a consensual encounter with a mentally competent woman who asked for money and a job afterward.