- Chicago's Cardinal George faces more chemotherapy Updated: Mar-07-14 1:11 pm
- Former tennis player Baltacha says she has cancer Updated: Mar-07-14 11:50 am
- Cancer fake sentenced in Seattle for fraud Updated: Mar-06-14 4:06 pm
- Lawmakers give final approval to chemo parity bill Updated: Mar-06-14 12:50 pm
- Study: Surgery helps some prostate cancer patients Updated: Mar-05-14 5:07 pm
- Cancer patient gets wish: Riding with Jake Burton Updated: Mar-05-14 3:48 am
- Duke headlines Coaches vs Cancer field Updated: Mar-04-14 4:51 pm
- Artist motivated by mom's cancer diagnosis Updated: Mar-03-14 2:00 pm
- UNC's Hatchell still hoping to return for NCAAs Updated: Mar-02-14 1:59 pm
- Dozens show up for Iowa bone marrow drive Updated: Mar-01-14 6:29 pm
- Child with cancer leads school Mardi Gras parade Updated: Mar-01-14 3:29 pm
- Iowa bill would prohibit teen tanning at salons Updated: Mar-01-14 10:57 am
- Teen helps scientists study her own rare disease Updated: Feb-27-14 5:37 pm
- Va. organization unveils 5-year cancer plan Updated: Feb-27-14 11:28 am
- New cancer center at Truman Medical Updated: Feb-27-14 5:04 am
- NY advocates urge funding to prevent lung cancer Updated: Feb-26-14 4:08 pm
- Stuffed bears help Sioux City woman honor husband Updated: Feb-26-14 2:23 pm
- Boy, 9, who spent day as Detroit police chief dies Updated: Feb-25-14 10:23 am
- Ovary removal aids high-risk women but at what age Updated: Feb-24-14 4:08 pm
- Ala cancer patient has surprise 'pre-prom' Updated: Feb-24-14 1:17 pm
- Penn State charity dance marathon raises $13.3M Updated: Feb-23-14 7:58 pm
- Cancer rates in Blackford County raise alarm Updated: Feb-23-14 4:04 am
- Cancer center will do trials under $5 million gift Updated: Feb-21-14 10:07 am
- Padraig Harrington discloses skin cancer treatment Updated: Feb-21-14 8:29 am
- Minnesota man charged in Iowa slaying has cancer Updated: Feb-20-14 12:51 pm
CHICAGO - Cardinal Francis George is starting another round of chemotherapy to address signs of cancer returning to the area around his right kidney, the Archdiocese of Chicago announced Friday.
LONDON - Former top-50 professional tennis player Elena Baltacha says she has been diagnosed with cancer of the liver.
SEATTLE - A 52-year-old woman who claimed to have cancer and talked an elderly Auburn man into giving her more than $400,000 was sentenced Thursday in federal court in Seattle to two years in prison.
JEFFERSON CITY, Missouri - Missouri cancer patients who rely on oral chemotherapy pills could see lower costs under legislation sent to the governor's desk Thursday.
Surgery to remove the prostate saves lives compared to "watchful waiting" for some men whose cancers were found because they were causing symptoms, long-term results from a Scandinavian study suggest.
There's a good chance almost any of the world's top snowboarders would've said 'yes' to Myles Beute.
NEW YORK - Duke, Stanford, Temple and UNLV will participate in the championship round of the 2014 Coaches vs. Cancer Classic at Barclays Center.
MISSOULA, Montana - To understand the art hanging on the walls of The Loft of Missoula - its colorful abstraction and whimsical play - one must first understand the artist, and with the artist, her mother's story.
CHAPEL HILL, North Carolina - North Carolina coach Sylvia Hatchell says she's scheduled to start what she hopes is her final chemotherapy treatment for leukemia this week and "there's a chance" she could return for the NCAA tournament.
WEST BURLINGTON, Iowa - Some 70 people show up for an eastern Iowa bone marrow drive inspired by a leukemia patient in nearby Biggsville, Illinois
BILOXI, Mississippi - A 5-year-old boy with cancer was able to lead a Mardi Gras procession in his hometown on the Mississippi Gulf Coast.
DES MOINES, Iowa - Minors who regularly head into tanning salons to bronze their skin would no longer be able to use the facilities under a plan being considered by Iowa lawmakers.
WASHINGTON - First the teenager survived a rare cancer. Then she wanted to study it, spurring a study that helped scientists find a weird gene flaw that might play a role in how the tumor strikes.
RICHMOND, Virginia - A nonprofit organization has released a five-year plan aimed at combatting cancer in Virginia.
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - Truman Medical Center in Kansas City has opened a new cancer treatment center.
ALBANY, New York - With survival rates for prostate, skin and breast cancer now topping 90 percent, New York health advocates lobbied Wednesday to restore state funding against far deadlier lung cancer and tobacco smoke carcinogens.
SIOUX CITY, Iowa - A Sioux City woman says she'll think of her husband this weekend as she drives to Omaha in a car piled high with hundreds of stuffed bears and other toy animals.
DETROIT - A 9-year-old boy with cancer who spent a day as Detroit's honorary police chief last month has died.
WASHINGTON - For women who carry a notorious cancer gene, surgery to remove healthy ovaries is one of the most protective steps they can take. New research suggests some may benefit most from having the operation as young as 35.
TUSCALOOSA, Alabama - Sixteen-year-old Angel Eaton thought she was going on a date to play miniature golf with her boyfriend.
STATE COLLEGE, Pennsylvania - Penn State's annual 46-hour no-sitting-or-sleeping dance marathon ended Sunday afternoon and raised a record $13.34 million for pediatric cancer research and to provide support for patients and their families.
HARTFORD CITY, Indiana - Four natives of Hartford City are raising money for a study of high cancer rates in Blackford County.
IRVINE, California - A $5 million donation from an Orange County couple will go toward clinical trials at the cancer center at the University of California, Irvine.
DUBLIN - Three-time major winner Padraig Harrington has disclosed he has undergone treatment for skin cancer.
IOWA CITY, Iowa - A Minnesota man charged with killing his wife in Iowa in 1997 is suffering from prostate cancer and other illnesses and may only have months to live, his defense attorney said Thursday.