- Amgen wins approval for second biotech cholesterol drug Updated: Aug-27-15 9:12 pm
WASHINGTON - Amgen Inc. has won federal approval for the second medicine in a new class of pricey biotech drugs that reduce artery-clogging cholesterol more than older statin drugs that have been used for decades.
- Death of Harris County jailer, 26, blamed on heart disease Updated: Aug-21-15 3:29 pm
HOUSTON - A coroner says a Harris County Sheriff's Office jailer who collapsed following an altercation with an inmate died of natural causes.
- Prep football player's death attributed to cardiac condition Updated: Aug-19-15 3:22 pm
PHILADELPHIA - Authorities say the death of a north Philadelphia prep school football player who collapsed during a workout was due to natural causes stemming from a cardiac condition.
- Food industry asks for exemptions to trans fat phase out Updated: Aug-05-15 5:56 pm
WASHINGTON - Shortening, pie crusts, brownies and microwave popcorn could be partially exempt from a government phase out of artificial trans fats - if the food industry gets its way.
- Clinton's doctor says 2016 candidate in "excellent" health Updated: Jul-31-15 3:33 pm
WASHINGTON - Hillary Rodham Clinton's physician said Friday that the Democratic presidential candidate is in "excellent physical condition" and has completely recovered from the effects of a concussion she suffered in 2012.