- Belgian player remains critical after heart failure on field Updated: Apr-29-15 8:45 am
BRUSSELS - Lokeren defender Gregory Mertens remained in critical condition on Wednesday, two days after he suffered heart failure during a training match.
- Correction: Inmate Death-Utah story Updated: Apr-24-15 5:19 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - In a story April 22 about a prison inmate death, The Associated Press reported erroneously when the officers involved returned to work. They were allowed to return two weeks later, not two days later.
- Man suffering from cardiac arrest in driveway dies Updated: Apr-20-15 7:26 am
ARMUCHEE, Georgia - A Chattooga County man found in a driveway suffering from cardiac arrest has died.
- FDA approves new type of heart failure drug from Amgen Updated: Apr-15-15 6:13 pm
TRENTON, New Jersey - Patients with chronic heart failure, a disabling, deadly disease that worsens as the heart gradually pumps less efficiently, are getting a much-needed new option with U.S. approval Wednesday of a novel drug from Amgen Inc.
- Correction: Airline Seat Health Risk story Updated: Apr-15-15 11:07 am
WASHINGTON - In a story April 14 about airline seats, The Associated Press reported erroneously on how the government tracks the percent of airline seats sold. The figure does include seats obtained through frequent flier miles.
- The safety risk of shrinking airline seats questioned by DOT Updated: Apr-14-15 3:31 pm
WASHINGTON - The shrinking space on airplanes is surely uncomfortable, but it might also be dangerous for passengers' health and safety.
- FDA panel wants heart failure risk on AstraZeneca drugs Updated: Apr-14-15 3:08 pm
WASHINGTON - Federal health advisers say AstraZeneca's Onglyza and a related diabetes drug should carry new information about a possible association with heart failure and death.
- Polar bear at Point Defiance Zoo has cancer, heart disease Updated: Apr-12-15 7:04 am
TACOMA, Washington - Glacier, a polar bear at the Point Defiance Zoo in Tacoma, has been diagnosed with liver cancer and heart disease.
- Study: Short people's genes may confer higher heart risks Updated: Apr-08-15 5:34 pm
Short people have more risk for heart disease, and now researchers may know why: Genes that govern height also seem to affect cholesterol, especially in men.
- Heart disease caused death of Ohio man hurt in gurney mishap Updated: Apr-06-15 9:50 am
CLEVELAND - A medical examiner says the death of a northeast Ohio man who was injured when a gurney tipped over was caused by heart disease.