- Advocates vow to revive Navajo junk-food tax Updated: Apr-22-14 7:28 pm
- NC woman to climb Kilimanjaro to focus on diabetes Updated: Apr-19-14 4:04 am
- Study: Diabetic heart attacks and strokes falling Updated: Apr-16-14 9:08 pm
- FDA approves injectable diabetes drug from Glaxo Updated: Apr-15-14 4:53 pm
- With new health law, insurers target diabetics Updated: Apr-13-14 2:20 pm
- Pueblo breaks ground on $20M wellness center Updated: Apr-12-14 1:44 pm
- Maine residents to participate in diabetes study Updated: Mar-31-14 3:00 pm
- Surgery gives long-term help for obese diabetics Updated: Mar-31-14 10:16 am
FLAGSTAFF, Arizona - Facing a high prevalence of diabetes, many American Indian tribes are returning to their roots with community and home gardens, cooking classes that incorporate traditional foods, and running programs to encourage healthy lifestyles.
WILMINGTON, North Carolina - A Wilmington nurse is planning to scale Mount Kilimanjaro to raise awareness to a nonprofit searching for a cure for diabetes.
NEW YORK - In the midst of the diabetes epidemic, a glimmer of good news: Heart attacks, strokes and other complications from the disease are plummeting.
WASHINGTON - The Food and Drug Administration said Tuesday it approved a new injectable drug from GlaxoSmithKline plc for adults with Type 2 diabetes.
MIAMI - Diabetics beware. Your insurance company is looking for you.
SANTA ANA PUEBLO, New Mexico - Santa Ana Pueblo on Saturday broke ground on a $20 million health and wellness center in an effort to turn the tide on rising rates of obesity, diabetes and other health concerns that have plagued Native American communities.
PORTLAND, Maine - The Maine Medical Center Research Institute wants to find out if Vitamin D can prevent Type 2 diabetes.
WASHINGTON - New research is boosting hopes that weight-loss surgery can put some patients' diabetes into remission for years and perhaps in some cases, for good.