- Novo Nordisk adding diabetes drug output in NC, Denmark Updated: Aug-26-15 4:47 pm
RALEIGH, North Carolina - Danish drug maker Novo Nordisk said Wednesday it will open new factories in North Carolina and Denmark as pharmaceutical companies seek to keep up with demand for diabetes medications in an increasingly overweight world.
- Diabetes drug shows 1st protection from heart complications Updated: Aug-20-15 5:05 pm
TRENTON, New Jersey - For the first time, there's evidence that a diabetes medication, Jardiance, reduces risk of the complications that are the top killer of diabetics: heart attacks, strokes and other cardiovascular damage.
- Vanderbilt received $10M in grants for fetal tissue research Updated: Aug-14-15 2:45 pm
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - Vanderbilt University is one of nearly 100 research institutions to receive federal funding for fetal tissue research between 2011 and 2014 - a practice that has unleashed a furor on Capitol Hill after anti-abortion activists recently released undercover videos pertaining to such research.
- UMKC receives $1.4M federal grant for diabetes research Updated: Aug-13-15 10:59 am
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - The University of Missouri-Kansas City has received a $1.4 million grant for diabetes research.
- His diabetes under control, Cards' Peterson feeling 'great' Updated: Aug-04-15 8:15 pm
GLENDALE, Arizona - A handful of games into last season, Arizona Cardinals Pro Bowl cornerback Patrick Peterson was diagnosed with Type 2 diabetes.
- New state law allows diabetics freedom to manage condition Updated: Aug-02-15 5:13 pm
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - A new state law allows diabetic students in Arkansas more freedom to manage their condition on their own at school.