- Illinois medical marijuana approved for PTSD, osteoarthritis Updated: May-04-15 5:25 pm
CHICAGO - Illinois' new medical marijuana program would cover thousands, perhaps millions, more patients under expansive recommendations that an advisory board agreed to Monday.
- Japan's Takeda agrees to pay $2.4 bln in diabetes drug suit Updated: Apr-29-15 4:20 am
TOKYO - Japan's largest drugmaker Takeda Pharmaceutical Co. said Wednesday it has agreed to pay up to $2.4 billion to thousands of patients and their families over its diabetes drug Actos which has been linked to cancer.
- $8 million awarded to family of inmate who died in custody Updated: Apr-18-15 4:07 pm
SPOKANE, Washington - A Spokane County jury has award $8 million to the family of an inmate who died at the Airway Heights Corrections Center after a diabetic episode.
- FDA panel wants heart failure risk on AstraZeneca drugs Updated: Apr-14-15 3:08 pm
WASHINGTON - Federal health advisers say AstraZeneca's Onglyza and a related diabetes drug should carry new information about a possible association with heart failure and death.
- Autism could be linked with moms' diabetes during pregnancy Updated: Apr-14-15 12:34 pm
CHICAGO - Diabetes that develops early in pregnancy may increase women's chances of having a child with autism, according to a new study.
- 'In such denial': Baton Rouge man living with diabetes Updated: Apr-06-15 11:04 am
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - The line was long and Robby Huey doesn't really like standing in lines. But something, he said, made him wait.