- Saudi Arabia reports pilgrim infected with MERS Updated: Apr-24-14 12:23 pm
- Infectious TB patient jailed in central Illinois Updated: Apr-23-14 1:56 pm
- Labor Dept. cuts levels of allowable coal dust Updated: Apr-23-14 12:16 pm
- Florida university opens TB lab in Haiti Updated: Apr-23-14 11:16 am
- Spate of Mideast virus infections raises concerns Updated: Apr-17-14 12:16 pm
- University of Kansas student has tuberculosis Updated: Apr-15-14 7:13 am
- Vermont officials release new radon tracking site Updated: Apr-13-14 2:07 pm
- UAE: Paramedic dies from MERS, others infected Updated: Apr-11-14 2:13 pm
- OSHA cites Summerlin Hospital after TB exposure Updated: Apr-10-14 4:22 pm
- Health chief takes Illinois TB patient to court Updated: Apr-10-14 12:32 pm
- Greene County reports more TB cases Updated: Apr-05-14 4:17 pm
- Study: Asthma has $1.3B impact on New York Updated: Apr-04-14 12:46 pm
- Guam inmate treated for tuberculosis Updated: Apr-01-14 12:54 pm
- Britain: 2 people catch tuberculosis from pet cat Updated: Mar-27-14 10:04 am
RIYADH, Saudi Arabia - In the past 24 hours, Saudi Arabia has reported four new deaths from a Middle East virus related to SARS and 36 more cases of infection, including a Turkish pilgrim in Mecca.
CHAMPAIGN, Illinois - Authorities in central Illinois have jailed a 24-year-old tuberculosis patient for disobeying a court order to stay in his home while his condition is infectious.
WASHINGTON - The Obama administration said Wednesday it is cutting the amount of coal dust allowed in coal mines in an effort to help reduce black lung disease.
PORT-AU-PRINCE, Haiti - The University of Florida on Wednesday opened a state-of-the-art lab in Haiti to train researchers to better understand and fight tuberculosis.
DUBAI, United Arab Emirates - A recent spate of infections from a frequently deadly Middle East virus is raising new worries about efforts to contain the illness, with infectious disease experts urging greater vigilance in combatting its spread.
LAWRENCE, Kansas - University of Kansas officials say a student with tuberculosis is expected to make a full recovery.
MONTPELIER, Vermont - A new web resource is available that allows Vermont residents to explore connections between radon, smoking and lung cancer in their communities.
DUBAI, United Arab Emirates - A paramedic in the United Arab Emirates has died after contracting Middle East respiratory syndrome and five others have tested positive for the virus, the Gulf nation's interior ministry said Friday.
LAS VEGAs - The Nevada Occupational Safety and Health Administration is proposing nearly $40,000 in fines against a Las Vegas hospital where employees were exposed to tuberculosis over the summer.
CHICAGO - A central Illinois health official wants a judge to order an uncooperative patient with infectious tuberculosis to stay in his home and wear an electronic monitoring ankle bracelet to prevent the spread of disease.
SPRINGFIELD, Missouri - Greene County has seen a recent increase in tuberculosis cases.
ALBANY, New York - Asthma is costing New York's Medicaid system more than half a billion dollars a year, according to a report released Friday that urges the state to do more to help those affected by the respiratory illness.
HAGATNA, Guam - Guam officials say an inmate has tested positive for active tuberculosis.
LONDON - England's public health agency says two people have caught tuberculosis from a pet cat, the first time the bacterial disease has been documented to spread from cat to human.