- Legionnaires' bacteria found in Texas hospital Updated: Dec-09-13 11:11 pm
- Study says many lung cancer tumors prove harmless Updated: Dec-09-13 4:39 pm
- Grand Forks TB outbreak appears to be waning Updated: Dec-08-13 7:05 am
- Theravance and Glaxo say asthma study succeeded Updated: Dec-06-13 11:19 am
- Providence to hold free flu vaccine clinic Updated: Dec-04-13 2:08 am
- Health officials: Passenger doesn't have TB Updated: Dec-03-13 2:08 pm
- New deaths from MERS virus reported in the Gulf Updated: Dec-03-13 3:20 am
- Obama reveals $100 million HIV research initiative Updated: Dec-02-13 5:57 pm
- Flight delayed because of tuberculosis scare Updated: Dec-02-13 4:09 pm
- 150 at Roanoke school to be tested for TB Updated: Nov-28-13 12:08 pm
- Saudi Arabia reports 1 more death from new virus Updated: Nov-24-13 6:25 am
- John Prine has operable form of lung cancer Updated: Nov-21-13 6:01 pm
- No charges in Pa. VA hospital Legionnaires' case Updated: Nov-21-13 4:28 pm
- Staff, visitors sue Summerlin Hospital in TB case Updated: Nov-20-13 5:01 pm
- Minn. Jennie-O plant worker tests positive for TB Updated: Nov-20-13 2:46 pm
- Legionnaires' found in W. Pa. senior high-rise Updated: Nov-20-13 10:56 am
- Bacteria found in W.Va. hospital's water system Updated: Nov-20-13 8:59 am
- Clark County man dies of tuberculosis Updated: Nov-19-13 8:29 am
- Student has tuberculosis in Orange County Updated: Nov-14-13 9:25 pm
- 2 cases of Legionnaires' found in suburban Chicago Updated: Nov-14-13 7:16 am
- Jail running short of tuberculosis serum Updated: Nov-14-13 5:34 am
- TB case reported at Henderson high school Updated: Nov-13-13 1:13 pm
WACO, Texas - Officials say water sources at more than three buildings at a Central Texas veterans hospital have tested positive for legionella, a bacteria that can cause Legionnaires' disease.
CHICAGO - Harmless lung cancer? A provocative study found that nearly 1 in 5 lung tumors detected on CT scans are probably so slow-growing that they would never cause problems.
GRAND FORKS, North Dakota - A tuberculosis outbreak in Grand Forks appears to be waning, and health officials hope patients will be done with treatment in the spring.
NEW YORK - Theravance and GlaxoSmithKline said Friday that their lung disease drug Breo Ellipta worked as a treatment for asthma in a clinical trial.
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - Anyone who needs a flu vaccine can get one for free at a clinic in Providence that will also offer vaccines to prevent whooping cough and pneumonia.
PHOENIX - Authorities in Phoenix say tests indicate a passenger whose presence on a flight from Texas caused a tuberculosis scare doesn't have the infectious disease.
DUBAI, United Arab Emirates - Health authorities in the capital of the United Arab Emirates say a woman has died from a SARS-like virus that has been centered in neighboring Saudi Arabia.
WASHINGTON - President Barack Obama announced a new initiative at the National Institutes of Health in pursuit of a cure for HIV, saying his administration is redirecting $100 million into the project to find a new generation of therapies.
PHOENIX - Authorities are trying to determine whether a man who flew into Phoenix has tuberculosis, but any risk to passengers on his flight is extremely low even if it turns out he does have the infectious respiratory illness, public health officials said Monday.
ROANOKE, Virginia - Roanoke health officials have identified 150 students and employees at a high school who might have been exposed to tuberculosis.
RIYADH, Saudi Arabia - Saudi Arabia says one more person has died from a new respiratory virus related to SARS, bringing to 55 the number of deaths in the kingdom at the center of the outbreak.
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - Country singer-songwriter John Prine says he's been diagnosed with an operable form of lung cancer.
PITTSBURGH - No criminal charges will be filed in connection with an outbreak of Legionnaires' disease that killed five patients at a local Veterans Affairs hospital, federal authorities said Thursday.
LAS VEGAS - Eight employees, former patients and visitors have filed a negligence lawsuit seeking damages from a Las Vegas hospital where they say they were exposed to a woman and at least one newborn baby with tuberculosis.
MELROSE, Minnesota - A worker at a Jennie-O Turkey Store plant in central Minnesota has tested positive for tuberculosis.
SHARPSBURG, Pennsylvania - County health department officials say the bacteria that causes Legionnaires' disease has been found in the water system of a senior citizens' high-rise near Pittsburgh.
CLARKSBURG, West Virginia - An official at a Veterans Affairs hospital in Clarksburg says small amounts of bacteria linked to Legionnaires disease has been found in the facility's water system.
VANCOUVER, Washington - A Clark County man has died of tuberculosis he did not know he had.
OCOEE, Florida - About 130 students and staff at Ocoee High School in central Florida are being tested after a student was diagnosed with tuberculosis.
NAPERVILLE, Illinois - Suburban Chicago authorities say an outbreak of Legionnaires' disease has been traced to a Naperville gym hot tub.
SALT LAKE CITY - A national shortage of a skin test serum for tuberculosis has officials at the Salt Lake County jail hoarding their supplies.
HENDERSON, Nevada - A Henderson high school plans to test some students and staff for tuberculosis after a person there was diagnosed with the contagious illness.