- NYC health official expects more Legionnaires' disease cases Updated: Aug-01-15 9:47 pm
NEW YORK - A New York City health official says it is likely doctors will diagnose more cases of Legionnaires' disease in the Bronx in the coming days, amid an outbreak that has killed four and sickened dozens.
- University employee tests positive for Legionnaires' disease Updated: Jul-30-15 4:44 am
WEST CHESTER, Pennsylvania - Officials at a suburban Philadelphia university say an employee has tested positive for Legionnaires' disease and eight campus buildings had higher-than-acceptable levels of the bacteria.
- Software turns smartphones into tools for medical research Updated: Jul-27-15 10:46 am
SAN FRANCISCO - Jody Kearns doesn't like to spend time obsessing about her Parkinson's disease. The 56-year-old dietitian from Syracuse, New York, had to give up bicycling because the disorder affected her balance. But she still works, drives and tries to live a normal life.
- More than 70 test positive for tuberculosis in El Paso Updated: Jul-15-15 10:47 am
EL PASO, Texas - More than 70 people at a West Texas school and a halfway house have tested positive for tuberculosis.
- Cherokee Nation students sought for asthma study Updated: Jul-13-15 3:05 am
TAHLEQUAH, Oklahoma - A Cherokee Nation and University of Tulsa study to determine whether making changes at home or school reduces asthma among children is seeking 90 Cherokee families to participate.
- Lacey motel reopens after 3 cases of Legionnaires' disease Updated: Jul-11-15 6:13 pm
LACEY, Washington - A motel in Lacey which voluntarily closed after three cases of a serious form of pneumonia called Legionnaires' disease has reopened.
- Report clears Pittsburgh VA of Legionnaires' allegations Updated: Jul-08-15 6:04 am
PITTSBURGH - The Veterans Affairs Pittsburgh Healthcare System occasionally delayed reporting test results for patients suspected of having Legionnaires' disease, but treatment wasn't affected by those delays, the VA's Office of Inspector General said in a report issued Tuesday.
- Washington motel closes after possible Legionnaires' report Updated: Jul-03-15 6:58 pm
LACEY, Washington - Thurston County health officials say a Super 8 Motel in Lacey has voluntarily closed while officials investigate a possible outbreak of Legionnaires' disease.