- Health Dep't confirms outbreak of respiratory illness Updated: May-04-15 2:49 am
FORT MYERS, Florida - The Florida Department of Health is confirming a Lee County outbreak of adenovirus, a highly contagious respiratory illness that commonly causes cold-like symptoms, pneumonia, sore throat and diarrhea.
- Tuberculosis case leads to testing on New Jersey campus Updated: Apr-28-15 6:34 am
RARITAN, New Jersey - Health officials will be on hand after a pulmonary tuberculosis case was found on a New Jersey college campus.
- Tuberculosis case at Baltimore County high school probed Updated: Apr-23-15 12:57 pm
CATONSVILLE, Maryland - Baltimore County health officials are investigating after a case of tuberculosis was confirmed in the Catonsville High School community.
- Indianapolis school officials warn of tuberculosis exposure Updated: Apr-23-15 8:04 am
INDIANAPOLIS - Officials with Perry Township Schools say some students and staff at Southport High School have been exposed to tuberculosis.
- Asthma attacks rise in NY; Gillebrand bill targets schools Updated: Apr-23-15 3:04 am
ALBANY, New York - Asthma rates are on the rise, and Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand has introduced a bill to help treat it in schools.
- Studies: Merck drug Keytruda effective against 3 cancers Updated: Apr-19-15 2:58 pm
TRENTON, New Jersey - One of the hot new cancer immunotherapy drugs, Merck & Co.'s Keytruda, strongly benefited patients with melanoma, lung cancer and mesothelioma, according to three studies presented Sunday at the American Association for Cancer Research conference in Philadelphia.
- Tests find pneumonia could be cause of sick Ga. shelter dogs Updated: Apr-14-15 4:46 am
LAWRENCEVILLE, Georgia - Officials say a metro Atlanta animal shelter remains closed with preliminary tests indicating pneumonia is the cause of several dogs becoming ill.
- Cancer surge in China prompts rise of special patient hotels Updated: Apr-12-15 1:23 am
BEIJING - Li Xiaohe has set herself up for the long haul in a cramped but sunny room in western Beijing, about a block from China's most renowned cancer hospital. Her laundry dries on hangers and her husband cooks in a communal kitchen as she embarks on an 84-day program of chemotherapy, following the removal of part of her right breast.
- About 200 at Canton chicken plant to be tested for TB Updated: Apr-11-15 4:04 am
CANTON, Mississippi - About 200 people at the Peco Foods processing plant in Canton will be tested for tuberculosis after an employee tests positive for the disease.
- Obama: Malia's asthma brings home climate change debate Updated: Apr-08-15 10:06 am
WASHINGTON - President Barack Obama says his memory of the fear over his daughter's preschool asthma attacks brings home the debate over climate change.
- Misery, tuberculosis in prisons of war-torn east Ukraine Updated: Apr-08-15 9:01 am
ZHDANIVKA, Ukraine - The colony of cats living on the grounds of the Zhdanivka penitentiary disappeared when battles in east Ukraine peaked. Talk in the prison is that inmates ate them when food deliveries stopped.
- Documentary on disease that claimed Nimoy's life in works Updated: Apr-07-15 8:32 pm
LOS ANGELES - Leonard Nimoy's daughter is planning a documentary about the disease that claimed the actor's life.
- Health Department to test some ASU students for TB Updated: Apr-07-15 7:47 pm
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - State health officials will begin testing Alabama State University students who might have been exposed to tuberculosis.
- Ohio school district tests for tuberculosis after diagnosis Updated: Apr-07-15 10:17 am
AKRON, Ohio - A northeast Ohio school is opening during its spring break so that students and staff can get health care screenings after a person associated with the school district was diagnosed with tuberculosis.
- ICE says immigrant with tuberculosis won't be released Updated: Apr-06-15 8:35 pm
FLORENCE, Arizona - Immigrations and Customs Enforcement says a man with tuberculosis will not be released from detention in Arizona.
- Vermont Health Department says 3 more test positive for TB Updated: Apr-06-15 4:15 pm
MONTPELIER, Vermont - Three more students have tested positive for tuberculosis at the Charlotte Center School, but none of the students and adults who have tested positive for exposure to the disease since January have developed active cases of the disease and there is no danger to the public, the Health Department said Monday.
- 3rd Salisbury University student diagnosed with tuberculosis Updated: Apr-06-15 11:50 am
SALISBURY, Maryland - Health officials say a third Salisbury University student has been diagnosed with tuberculosis.