- Washington motel closes after possible Legionnaires' report Updated: Jul-03-15 6:58 pm
LACEY, Washington - Thurston County health officials say a Super 8 Motel in Lacey has voluntarily closed while officials investigate a possible outbreak of Legionnaires' disease.
- Alabama prison inmate tests positive for tuberculosis Updated: Jun-30-15 7:44 pm
ELMORE, Alabama - Alabama Department of Corrections officials say an inmate at a facility in Elmore has been quarantined after testing positive for tuberculosis.
- Thurston County investigates 2 cases of Legionnaires Updated: Jun-29-15 7:07 am
OLYMPIA, Washington - Thurston County officials between two recent cases of Legionnaires' disease are connected to a local motel.
- Brazil's finance minister suffers pulmonary embolism Updated: Jun-27-15 1:50 pm
SAO PAULO - Brazil's Finance Ministry says Minister Joaquim Levy suffered a pulmonary embolism Friday night but was recovering and was expected to fly New York to accompany President Dilma Rousseff on her official visit to the United States.
- British court ruling backs patent protecting Lilly's Alimta Updated: Jun-25-15 9:13 am
INDIANAPOLIS - Eli Lilly received some European legal backing for its top product, the lung cancer treatment Alimta, on Thursday when a British court upheld a patent protecting a vitamin regimen administered with the drug.
- State health officials to test people exposed to TB patient Updated: Jun-23-15 11:11 am
CLOVIS, New Mexico - New Mexico health officials say they have identified about 100 people in Curry County who may have been exposed to a man who tested positive for infectious tuberculosis.
- Appleton resident isolated with tuberculosis Updated: Jun-19-15 4:50 pm
APPLETON, Wisconsin - An Appleton resident has been diagnosed with tuberculosis and is being treated in isolation.
- Officials: 85 test positive for TB after S. Indiana exposure Updated: Jun-12-15 12:43 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - State health officials say more than 80 people exposed to a southern Indiana student with a confirmed case of tuberculosis have now tested positive for the disease.
- Officials trace Illinois contacts of woman with rare TB Updated: Jun-09-15 1:20 pm
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - The Illinois Department of Public Health is working to identify people who may have been in contact with a woman who has a rare and deadly form of hard-to-treat tuberculosis.
- Health officials tracing path of woman with rare TB Updated: Jun-08-15 7:20 pm
NEW YORK - Health officials are trying to track down people who may have been in contact with a woman with a rare and deadly form of hard-to-treat tuberculosis.
- W.Va. agency, avian center rescue baby bald eagle Updated: Jun-07-15 9:38 am
CHARLESTON, West Virginia - When fate led a Division of Natural Resources employee to the site of a fallen bald eaglet, the Avian Conservation Center of Appalachia near Morgantown took him under their wing.