- CDC: Men who were in Zika areas should use condoms Updated: Feb-05-16 2:54 pm
NEW YORK - U.S. health officials issued guidelines Friday to prevent the sexual transmission of the Zika virus, telling men who have been to outbreak areas to use condoms during sex with pregnant women.
- Tucson Rodeo to continue as planned despite equine herpes Updated: Feb-05-16 10:58 am
TUCSON, Arizona - Officials with the Tucson Rodeo say the festivities will go forward as planned despite a herpes outbreak spreading through Tuft Paradise racetrack.
- US Zika case sparks questions about sex and mosquito germs Updated: Feb-03-16 5:28 pm
NEW YORK - A sexually transmitted case of Zika in Texas has scientists scrambling to understand how much of a risk infection through sex is for the usually mosquito-spread illness.
- Utah conservatives vow to fight sex education bill Updated: Feb-03-16 2:15 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - A Democratic lawmaker is pushing a measure that would expand sex education in Utah schools, but the proposal is a longshot: conservative groups have already vowed to fight it.
- Sexually-transmitted Zika case confirmed in Texas Updated: Feb-03-16 2:33 am
DALLAS - Health officials on Tuesday reported that a person in Texas has become infected with the Zika virus through sex in the first case of the illness being transmitted within the United States amid the current outbreak in Latin America.
- Activists seek bill to roll back HPV vaccine mandate Updated: Jan-18-16 12:44 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - A group of activists is pushing legislation to remove a requirement that Rhode Island school children receive the HPV vaccine before entering the seventh grade.