- Sexually transmitted diseases on rise in Minnesota Updated: Apr-16-14 9:17 pm
- DNA alternative to Pap smear sparks medical debate Updated: Apr-15-14 3:25 pm
- Pope presses anti-AIDS chastity strategy in Africa Updated: Apr-07-14 11:40 am
- Gay men divided over use of HIV prevention drug Updated: Apr-06-14 12:13 pm
- 'Hula' STD info app to keep name despite petition Updated: Mar-26-14 6:25 pm
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - State health officials are concerned that Minnesotans aren't getting the message about safe sex and about testing and treatment for sexually transmitted diseases.
WASHINGTON - A high-tech screening tool for cervical cancer is facing pushback from more than a dozen patient groups, who warn that the genetic test could displace a simpler, cheaper and more established mainstay of women's health: the Pap smear.
VATICAN CITY - Pope Francis has praised church workers in Africa who promote chastity as a key way to prevent the spread of HIV.
NEW YORK - It's the Truvada conundrum: A drug hailed as a lifesaver for many people infected by HIV is at the heart of a rancorous debate among gay men, AIDS activists and health professionals over its potential for protecting uninfected men who engage in gay sex without using condoms.
HONOLULU - The founder of a sexually transmitted disease information app called "Hula" said he doesn't plan to change the name despite an online petition asking him to do so. But he said he now understands why the term "getting lei'd" is culturally insensitive.