- Health officials cancel 2 community meetings on HPV vaccine Updated: Sep-01-15 12:51 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - The Rhode Island Department of Health has canceled two community meetings to discuss a new requirement that all middle school students in the state get the HPV vaccine, saying a video posted online contained threatening remarks.
- Health officials say they won't change HPV vaccine mandate Updated: Aug-17-15 4:22 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - State health officials say there are no plans to change a new requirement that middle school students in Rhode Island get the HPV vaccine even though some parents, and now some lawmakers, have expressed concerns.
- Health Department urges HPV vaccine for girls and boys Updated: Aug-16-15 8:34 am
BURLINGTON, Vermont - The Vermont Department of Health says not enough Vermont teens are fully vaccinated against human papilloma virus - a sexually transmitted disease that can lead to cancer later.
- Utah HPV vaccination rates up, but most teens not protected Updated: Aug-09-15 3:28 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - Utah's low rates of vaccination against cancer-causing sexually transmitted HPV are edging upward, but public health officials say that there's still work to be done.
- Gonorrhea cases drop in southwest Alaska Updated: Aug-06-15 7:05 am
BETHEL, Alaska - Department of Health officials say there has been a major decrease in the number of gonorrhea cases in southwest Alaska over the past five years since doctors have implemented a new treatment strategy that treats both a patient and their partner.
- Majority of Indiana teens not getting HPV vaccinations Updated: Aug-04-15 3:05 pm
BLOOMINGTON, Indiana - New data from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention show the HPV vaccination rates for boys and girls ages 13 to 17 in Indiana remain below the national averages, but a medical expert attributes the state's lag to increasing rates across the U.S.