- School committee to send resolution against HPV mandate Updated: Aug-27-15 5:19 am
COVENTRY, Rhode Island - A school committee in Rhode Island plans to send a resolution to Gov. Gina Raimondo's office asking her to rescind the HPV vaccine mandate.
- Health officials say they won't change HPV vaccine mandate Updated: Aug-17-15 4:22 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - State health officials say there are no plans to change a new requirement that middle school students in Rhode Island get the HPV vaccine even though some parents, and now some lawmakers, have expressed concerns.
- Health Department urges HPV vaccine for girls and boys Updated: Aug-16-15 8:34 am
BURLINGTON, Vermont - The Vermont Department of Health says not enough Vermont teens are fully vaccinated against human papilloma virus - a sexually transmitted disease that can lead to cancer later.
- Utah HPV vaccination rates up, but most teens not protected Updated: Aug-09-15 3:28 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - Utah's low rates of vaccination against cancer-causing sexually transmitted HPV are edging upward, but public health officials say that there's still work to be done.
- Gonorrhea cases drop in southwest Alaska Updated: Aug-06-15 7:05 am
BETHEL, Alaska - Department of Health officials say there has been a major decrease in the number of gonorrhea cases in southwest Alaska over the past five years since doctors have implemented a new treatment strategy that treats both a patient and their partner.
- Majority of Indiana teens not getting HPV vaccinations Updated: Aug-04-15 3:05 pm
BLOOMINGTON, Indiana - New data from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention show the HPV vaccination rates for boys and girls ages 13 to 17 in Indiana remain below the national averages, but a medical expert attributes the state's lag to increasing rates across the U.S.
- Health Department: Alabama teens lag in HPV vaccinations Updated: Aug-04-15 5:34 am
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - State health officials say too many Alabama teens aren't getting vaccinated for a potentially cancer-causing virus.
- Kansas teens less likely to be vaccinated against HPV Updated: Aug-03-15 5:33 pm
TOPEKA, Kansas - A public health advocacy group says teenagers in Kansas are among the least likely to be vaccinated against the human papillomavirus than they are in other states.
- Chicago sees steep increase in HPV vaccine rates for teens Updated: Aug-03-15 10:16 am
CHICAGO - Chicago public health officials say there's been a record increase in the percentage of teens who have received the HPV vaccine.
- Only small increase in US girls getting cervical cancer shot Updated: Jul-30-15 4:19 pm
NEW YORK - More U.S. girls are getting a controversial vaccine, but the increase last year was only slight.
- W.Va. health agency investigates spike in syphilis cases Updated: Jul-29-15 12:34 pm
CHARLESTON, West Virginia - Health officials are investigating a spike in syphilis cases in West Virginia to determine how to prevent further cases of the sexually transmitted disease.