- California governor signs crisis pregnancy centers bill Updated: Oct-09-15 7:58 pm
SACRAMENTO, California - Crisis pregnancy centers that discourage women from getting abortions in California will be required to provide information about abortions and other services under legislation Gov. Jerry Brown has approved.
- Judge won't delay hearings on new Arizona abortion law Updated: Oct-09-15 4:39 pm
PHOENIX - A federal judge on Friday refused to delay a lawsuit against a new state law requiring doctors to tell women that a medication abortion may be reversible.
- New abortion tissue collection law nets 1 case in 1st year Updated: Oct-05-15 4:01 pm
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - An Arkansas law that requires aborted fetal tissue from girls 14 and younger to be turned over to the state Crime Laboratory has netted just one case in its first year.
- Australia to deport American anti-abortion activist Updated: Oct-02-15 3:09 am
SYDNEY - An American anti-abortion activist is expected to be deported from Australia, after the nation's highest court ruled Friday that he posed a threat to public order amid concerns he could incite violence against women.
- El Paso abortion clinic reopens amid Texas court battles Updated: Sep-29-15 3:20 pm
AUSTIN, Texas - An El Paso clinic shuttered by Texas' tough 2013 abortion law reopened Tuesday, the first in the state to do so since the U.S. Supreme Court temporarily blocked enforcement of some key restrictions three months ago.
- Missouri AG: No evidence St. Louis clinic sells fetal tissue Updated: Sep-28-15 7:04 pm
JEFFERSON CITY, Missouri - An investigation found "no evidence whatsoever" that Missouri's only surgical abortion facility sells fetal remains, Attorney General Chris Koster said Monday, marking the latest response to a heated national debate over Planned Parenthood's handling of fetal tissue.
- Missouri Planned Parenthood set to lose hospital privileges Updated: Sep-25-15 6:05 pm
- Assembly passes bill stripping Planned Parenthood money Updated: Sep-24-15 6:15 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - The state Assembly passed a bill Thursday that would take away $3.5 million of federal funding for Planned Parenthood despite objections from Democrats who said it would limit access to women's health care services in Wisconsin.
- Senate blocks anti-abortion bill; new showdown set Updated: Sep-22-15 5:11 pm
WASHINGTON - Senate Democrats thwarted a Republican effort to ban late-term abortions on Tuesday as GOP leaders strained to avoid a government shutdown in eight days over the dispute - all against a tangled backdrop of presidential politics.
- Imprisoned abortion doc ordered to pay $4M in woman's death Updated: Sep-18-15 9:45 am
PHILADELPHIA - An abortion provider convicted of killing babies born alive has been ordered to pay nearly $4 million to the daughter of a Virginia woman who was given a lethal dose of Demerol while under his care.
- Health board approves changes to clinic regulations Updated: Sep-17-15 7:29 pm
RICHMOND, Virginia - The State Board of Health voted Thursday to scale back Virginia abortion clinic regulations that critics say were driven by politics and ideology, not medical science.
- FACT CHECK: Republican debate features a few inflated claims Updated: Sep-17-15 4:27 am
WASHINGTON - Viewers of the second Republican presidential debate heard inflated claims about Planned Parenthood abortion practices and the risks of vaccines, as well as a dubious assertion by Donald Trump that he wasn't interested in establishing casinos in Florida back in Jeb Bush's days as a candidate for governor.