- Notre Dame sues over birth control mandate Updated: Dec-03-13 4:52 pm
- Roundup of Oklahoma editorials Updated: Dec-03-13 9:05 am
- Hobby Lobby founder applauds Supreme Court review Updated: Nov-26-13 5:23 pm
- French drugmaker warns on morning-after pill Updated: Nov-26-13 11:58 am
- Supreme Court weighs new health law dispute Updated: Nov-25-13 5:43 pm
- Pa. Catholic groups win health care act delay Updated: Nov-21-13 5:09 pm
- Excerpts from recent Minnesota editorials Updated: Nov-14-13 3:35 pm
- Judge rejects Mo. lawmaker's birth control suit Updated: Nov-11-13 5:59 pm
- Top condom maker lists on Malaysia stock market Updated: Nov-05-13 11:58 pm
- Judge suspends ban on Iowa abortion pill system Updated: Nov-05-13 6:35 pm
SOUTH BEND, Indiana - The University of Notre Dame on Tuesday filed another lawsuit opposing portions of the federal health care overhaul that forces it to provide health insurance for students and employees that includes birth control, saying it contravenes the teachings of the Roman Catholic Church.
Here are excerpts from recent editorials in Oklahoma newspapers:
OKLAHOMA CITY - The founder of Hobby Lobby says he is encouraged that the U.S. Supreme Court has decided to take up the company's lawsuit over the new health care law's provision on insurance for contraceptives.
PARIS - A French contraceptive maker said Tuesday its morning-after pill doesn't work when taken by women who weigh more than 80 kilograms (176 pounds) and plans to change its labels to warn patients.
WASHINGTON - President Barack Obama's health care law is headed for a new Supreme Court showdown over companies' religious objections to the law's birth-control mandate.
PITTSBURGH - A federal judge in western Pennsylvania says Catholic groups don't immediately have to comply with mandates in the federal health care overhaul law.
The Free Press of Mankato, Nov. 14
ST. LOUIS - A federal judge has thrown out a Missouri lawmaker's lawsuit seeking an exemption from contraceptive coverage under the new Affordable Care Act's insurance provisions.
KUALA LUMPUR, Malaysia - Karex Berhad, the world's top condom producer, surged more than 30 percent in its trading debut Wednesday on Malaysia's stock exchange, following a 125 million ringgit ($39.2 million) initial public offering to bolster its market share.
DES MOINES, Iowa - An Iowa judge ruled Tuesday that Planned Parenthood could still use video conferencing to distribute abortion-inducing pills while the organization challenges a new ban on the practice in court.