- In Brazil, pregnant women urged to be cautious with a kiss Updated: Feb-05-16 5:23 pm
RIO DE JANEIRO - In a sign of mounting global concern over the Zika virus, health officials on Friday warned pregnant women to think twice about the lips they kiss and called on men to use condoms with pregnant partners if they have visited countries where the virus is present.
- The Latest: Puerto Rico declares Zika emergency Updated: Feb-05-16 3:03 pm
RIO DE JANEIRO - The Latest on efforts to battle the Zika virus (all times local):
- Missouri Republican proposes birth control from pharmacists Updated: Feb-03-16 8:53 pm
JEFFERSON CITY, Missouri - A Republican lawmaker wants to make it easier for Missouri women to get birth control.
- Study: Texas birth control fell after Planned Parenthood cut Updated: Feb-03-16 6:18 pm
AUSTIN, Texas - A study found that Texas saw a drop in women obtaining long-acting birth control after Republican leaders booted Planned Parenthood from a state women's health program in 2013, which researchers said may explain an increase in births among poor families.
- NY Assembly backs broader contraceptives coverage Updated: Jan-26-16 3:05 am
ALBANY, New York - New York's Assembly has passed legislation to require that health insurance plans cover all federally approved categories of prescribed contraceptive drugs, devices and products.
- Bill would let Hawaii pharmacists prescribe birth control Updated: Jan-25-16 9:46 pm
HONOLULU - Hawaii lawmakers introduced legislation that would make it easier for adult women in Hawaii to get birth control.
- Omaha education board approves new sex education standards Updated: Jan-21-16 6:46 am
OMAHA, Nebraska - The Omaha Board of Education has approved an update to sex education standards after months of debate.
- Wisconsin Senate passes Planned Parenthood funding cut Updated: Jan-20-16 11:24 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - Wisconsin Republicans took another step Wednesday in their push to defund Planned Parenthood, with the state Senate passing two bills that would cost the organization millions of dollars every year.
- In Omaha, and much of US, debate over sex education rages on Updated: Jan-17-16 9:20 am
OMAHA, Nebraska - Rival factions yelling at one another amid angry pushing. Tirades about condoms, and claims of misinformation. A parent declaring that children are being force-fed course material "straight from the pits of hell."
- Recent Kansas Editorials Updated: Jan-12-16 8:01 am
The Topeka Capital-Journal, Jan. 10
- Federal judge extends order on Arkansas abortion pill limits Updated: Jan-11-16 12:29 pm
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - A federal judge has agreed to extend until March her order blocking Arkansas from enforcing new limits on the way the abortion pill is administered.
- Edwards' health chief causing unease for anti-abortion group Updated: Jan-07-16 5:11 pm
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - A Louisiana anti-abortion group raised concerns Thursday about Gov.-elect John Bel Edwards' choice for state health secretary, saying Rebekah Gee "has troubling connections" to abortion rights organizations.