- California doctor pleads guilty in birth control fraud case Updated: Aug-24-15 4:19 pm
FRESNO, California - A Central California doctor is facing up to 20 years in prison after pleading guilty to mail fraud stemming from allegations that he used unapproved birth control devices.
- Court denies Catholic groups' contraceptive mandate request Updated: Aug-21-15 8:13 pm
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - A federal appeals court on Friday reaffirmed its prior judgment that the contraceptive mandate of the Affordable Care Act does not violate the Religious Freedom Restoration Act.
- Kansas lost federal funds stripped from Planned Parenthood Updated: Aug-21-15 6:04 pm
WICHITA, Kansas - Since Kansas won its fight to strip Planned Parenthood and another clinic of federal family planning dollars more than a year ago, promising to use those funds at other medical facilities and offer the same services, the state has instead lost the money and many services for low-income patients have been cut.
- Birth control ruling on hold while nuns await Supreme Court Updated: Aug-21-15 1:58 pm
DENVER - A group of Colorado nuns won't have to comply with a federal ruling about birth control until they hear whether the U.S. Supreme Court will hear their case.
- Utah asks Supreme Court to hear contraception mandate case Updated: Aug-12-15 8:01 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - Utah is supporting three religious schools in a challenge to a federal mandate to provide contraceptive coverage.
- Catholic groups lose another contraceptive court ruling Updated: Aug-07-15 2:31 pm
NEW YORK - Another federal appeals court Friday ruled against Catholic church-affiliated groups that oppose being required to provide contraceptive care to employees through a third party.
- Governor to cut state Medicaid money to Planned Parenthood Updated: Aug-06-15 6:24 pm
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - Alabama Gov. Robert Bentley said Thursday that he is cutting off state Medicaid payments to Planned Parenthood in the face of undercover videos shot by anti-abortion activists that implied the group was selling fetal tissue to researchers.