- Planned Parenthood asks to amend challenge to Arkansas laws Updated: Apr-27-16 5:28 pm
- Tampon-tax repeal, birth control access bills get initial OK Updated: Apr-21-16 6:33 pm
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - Illinois lawmakers are advancing proposals that would make feminine hygiene products and contraception more affordable for women.
- Missouri House advances bill to expand birth control access Updated: Apr-20-16 7:33 pm
JEFFERSON CITY, Missouri - The GOP-led Missouri House is advancing a measure to make it easier for women to get birth control.
- Hawaii lawmakers pass bills on smoking, drugs, birth control Updated: Apr-13-16 12:04 am
HONOLULU - The Hawaii Legislature passed hundreds of bills ahead of a major deadline, making decisions on a variety of issues including smoking in cars and drug overdoses. They also passed bills to pay for air conditioning Hawaii's public schools, allow women to get up to a year of birth control at a time and criminalize trespassing on state lands.
- Rubber brain, birth control pills, keg among NJ beach trash Updated: Apr-12-16 12:06 pm
ATLANTIC CITY, New Jersey - A sweep of New Jersey beaches last year turned up the usual seashells, sandcastles and seaweed. But, plenty of not-so-typical beach items popped up, too, including a keg, birth control pills and a rubber brain.
- Birth control coverage bill dies in state Senate committee Updated: Apr-11-16 5:32 pm
DENVER - A bill intended to expand women's access to no-cost birth control options under the Affordable Care Act has failed in a state Senate committee.
- Women in California can get birth control from a pharmacist Updated: Apr-09-16 2:54 pm
SAN JOSE, California - Women in California can now get birth control directly from a pharmacist without a prescription from their doctor.
- Correction: Illinois Legislature-The Latest story Updated: Apr-07-16 11:34 am
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - In a story April 5 about legislative action in the Illinois General Assembly, The Associated Press reported erroneously that a proposal to allow transgender people to change their gender marker on birth certificates would also apply to passports and other identification cards. The proposal would apply only to Illinois birth certificates.
- FDA: Women can take abortion pill later; pare clinic visits Updated: Mar-30-16 6:56 pm
OKLAHOMA CITY - Women will be able to take the so-called abortion pill later in a pregnancy and with fewer doctor visits under a new federal label for the drug that undermines several state laws aimed at restricting medical abortions.