- The Latest: Puerto Rico declares Zika emergency Updated: Feb-05-16 3:03 pm
RIO DE JANEIRO - The Latest on efforts to battle the Zika virus (all times local):
- Missouri Republican proposes birth control from pharmacists Updated: Feb-03-16 8:53 pm
JEFFERSON CITY, Missouri - A Republican lawmaker wants to make it easier for Missouri women to get birth control.
- Study: Texas birth control fell after Planned Parenthood cut Updated: Feb-03-16 6:18 pm
AUSTIN, Texas - A study found that Texas saw a drop in women obtaining long-acting birth control after Republican leaders booted Planned Parenthood from a state women's health program in 2013, which researchers said may explain an increase in births among poor families.
- NY Assembly backs broader contraceptives coverage Updated: Jan-26-16 3:05 am
ALBANY, New York - New York's Assembly has passed legislation to require that health insurance plans cover all federally approved categories of prescribed contraceptive drugs, devices and products.
- Bill would let Hawaii pharmacists prescribe birth control Updated: Jan-25-16 9:46 pm
HONOLULU - Hawaii lawmakers introduced legislation that would make it easier for adult women in Hawaii to get birth control.
- Omaha education board approves new sex education standards Updated: Jan-21-16 6:46 am
OMAHA, Nebraska - The Omaha Board of Education has approved an update to sex education standards after months of debate.
- Wisconsin Senate passes Planned Parenthood funding cut Updated: Jan-20-16 11:24 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - Wisconsin Republicans took another step Wednesday in their push to defund Planned Parenthood, with the state Senate passing two bills that would cost the organization millions of dollars every year.
- In Omaha, and much of US, debate over sex education rages on Updated: Jan-17-16 9:20 am
OMAHA, Nebraska - Rival factions yelling at one another amid angry pushing. Tirades about condoms, and claims of misinformation. A parent declaring that children are being force-fed course material "straight from the pits of hell."
- Recent Kansas Editorials Updated: Jan-12-16 8:01 am
The Topeka Capital-Journal, Jan. 10
- Federal judge extends order on Arkansas abortion pill limits Updated: Jan-11-16 12:29 pm
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - A federal judge has agreed to extend until March her order blocking Arkansas from enforcing new limits on the way the abortion pill is administered.