- Court won't exempt Notre Dame from birth control provision Updated: May-20-15 7:10 pm
SOUTH BEND, Indiana - A federal appeals court has rejected the University of Notre Dame's request to temporarily be exempt from a provision in the Affordable Care Act that requires the Catholic school's insurance providers to cover the costs of contraceptives for students and staff.
- Bill expanding birth control access in Oregon revived Updated: May-19-15 8:24 pm
SALEM, Oregon - A bill allowing women to access birth control without a doctor's prescription is once again moving through the Legislature after stalling in committee.
- US: Myanmar legislation on birth control 'dangerous' Updated: May-19-15 2:39 pm
WASHINGTON - The U.S. says legislation on population control approved by Myanmar's parliament is dangerous and could undermine the democratic hopes of minority groups.
- Feds close insurance loopholes on preventive care Updated: May-11-15 6:01 pm
WASHINGTON - From contraception to colonoscopies, the Obama administration Monday closed a series of insurance loopholes on coverage of preventive care.
- House OKs GOP measure blocking local DC abortion rights law Updated: Apr-30-15 11:14 pm
WASHINGTON - Republicans pushed legislation through the House Thursday that would revoke a District of Columbia law barring discrimination in the city against workers who have abortions, the latest clash pitting claims of religious freedom against reproductive rights.
- Report: Insurers skirt health law's protections for women Updated: Apr-29-15 9:41 am
CHICAGO - Some insurance plans offered on the health overhaul law's new marketplaces violate the law's requirements for women's health, according to a new report from a women's legal advocacy group.