- Nixon signs Missouri bill for stillborn baby tax exemption Updated: Jul-06-15 7:58 pm
JEFFERSON CITY, Missouri - Missouri soon will have an income tax exemption for parents of stillborn children.
- Program gives away diapers as anti-smoking incentive Updated: Jun-21-15 11:50 am
STE. GENEVIEVE, Missouri - Six sites across Missouri are participating in a new program that offers a year of free diapers to new mothers who agree to give up cigarettes.
- Woman says miscarried after shackled in immigration facility Updated: Jun-19-15 7:17 pm
An asylum seeker from Mexico suffered a miscarriage after she tripped and fell while shackled in immigration detention, even though pregnant detainees are not supposed to be restrained, her lawyers said.
- Breast-milk pumping at work is legal, but needs more support Updated: Jun-17-15 9:06 am
BLOOMINGTON, Indiana - Margie Schrader did it in her office. Kirstin Milks did it in her classroom. Jami Hamman did it in her cubicle. And Jean Bauer did it wherever she could find a lockable door.
- Is baby recession over? US births up after years of decline Updated: Jun-17-15 2:22 am
NEW YORK - It appears the baby recession really is over: Preliminary figures show U.S. births were up last year for the first time in seven years.
- 'God's Littlest Angels': Gowns donated for stillborn babies Updated: Jun-13-15 1:22 pm
OWENSBORO, Kentucky - As Mary Fogle and Tammy Boarman sat in a waiting room one day last July, they struck up a conversation. After trading contact information, the women began having lunch and sharing ideas. Fogle told Boarman of her ministry idea.
- Senate panel approves bill authorizing breast milk banks Updated: Jun-08-15 6:53 pm
TRENTON, New Jersey - Human milk banks could soon be established in New Jersey.