- Alabama opening breast milk bank for pre-term babies Updated: Sep-02-15 8:58 am
BIRMINGHAM, Alabama - A breast milk bank has opened in Alabama to serve pre-term and hospitalized babies.
- Yahoo CEO to give birth to twins while tackling turnaround Updated: Sep-02-15 12:19 am
SAN FRANCISCO - Yahoo CEO Marissa Mayer is going to give birth to twins while trying to deliver a long-promised turnaround at the struggling Internet company.
- Ala hospitals promoting breastfeeding for newborns Updated: Aug-29-15 5:32 am
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - More than two dozen Alabama hospitals are joining an effort to promote breastfeeding.
- Ebola survivor who lost 21 relatives gives birth to baby boy Updated: Aug-28-15 5:47 am
KENEMA, Sierra Leone - Ebola did not take Victoria Yillia's life. And it could not prevent the birth of her son.
- Woman gives birth to conjoined twins in Colorado Updated: Aug-27-15 6:21 pm
AURORA, Colorado - A Colorado hospital where a Minnesota woman gave birth to conjoined twins said Thursday that one of the babies died after a complicated five-hour separation procedure.
- Woman who won discrimination suit asks $2.6 million Updated: Aug-20-15 1:17 pm
MONTROSE, Colorado - A former Montrose County employee who won a pregnancy discrimination lawsuit after she lost her job is seeking $2.6 million for the loss of potential future earnings.
- Hospital's cuddler program helps premature babies. Updated: Aug-20-15 5:04 am
MUNCIE, Indiana - For the next few minutes, Kay Stickle is going to be Cincaid's grandma.
- Breast milk donation site has successful first year Updated: Aug-18-15 5:05 am
CROWN POINT, Indiana - A Northwest Indiana OB/GYN office collected about 375 pounds of breast milk in its first year as a donation site. Then Megan Cardwell, a mom from Crown Point, showed up.
- New study links preterm birth with microbes in mom's body Updated: Aug-17-15 3:07 pm
WASHINGTON - Scientists might have found a new way to tell who's at risk of having a premature baby, by checking the bacterial community that lives in mom's reproductive tract.
- Federal grant to help pregnant women battling addiction Updated: Aug-16-15 11:19 am
BOSTON - State health officials say Massachusetts has received a federal grant to treat pregnant women who are addicted to opioids.
- Health Department: expecting mothers should get vaccinated Updated: Aug-11-15 2:43 am
PIERRE, South Dakota - The South Dakota Department of Health is reminding expecting mothers to get vaccinated during pregnancy in recognition of National Immunization Awareness Month.
- Judge OKs $9 million for Honolulu military hospital lawsuit Updated: Aug-10-15 9:11 pm
HONOLULU - Attorneys representing a Virginia family in a lawsuit over a Hawaii military hospital birth that left the child with cerebral palsy continue to prepare for trial, even though a federal judge on Monday approved a $9 million settlement.
- Nevada judge denies pregnant inmate furlough ahead of birth Updated: Aug-06-15 8:41 pm
LAS VEGAS - A Nevada judge denied a furlough Thursday for a pregnant state prison inmate who's serving time for torching her Las Vegas puppy store and wants to be moved to a hospital until her baby is born, probably next month.