- Bill would punish drug-using pregnant women Updated: Apr-18-14 4:55 pm
- Court: Fla. discrimination law covers pregnancy Updated: Apr-17-14 4:07 pm
- Alicia Silverstone out with book 'Kind Mama' Updated: Apr-16-14 1:13 pm
- Pregnant woman injured in Phoenix crash has died Updated: Apr-15-14 8:00 pm
- State certificates available to record stillbirths Updated: Apr-10-14 5:08 pm
- St. Louis-area hospital to offer midwife option Updated: Apr-10-14 11:29 am
- Nurse working in ICU where she spent her 1st days Updated: Apr-05-14 1:25 am
- SC woman gets 20 years in breast feeding overdose Updated: Apr-04-14 1:39 pm
- Parent can choose fate of miscarried fetal remains Updated: Mar-26-14 4:04 am
- Baby gorilla with mom at San Diego Zoo Updated: Mar-25-14 3:20 pm
- University's birth control research challenged Updated: Mar-24-14 11:35 am
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - Opponents of a Tennessee bill that would punish pregnant women who abuse narcotics say it will have the unintended consequence of hurting the very people it's supposed to protect: the babies.
TALLAHASSEE, Florida - The state's civil rights laws include the protection of women discriminated against for pregnancy, the Florida Supreme Court ruled Thursday.
NEW YORK - She's famous as an actress for "Clueless." But Alicia Silverstone is also famous for her sometimes controversial ideas about mothering, and now she's put those philosophies down in writing in a just-published book, "The Kind Mama" (Rodale).
PHOENIX - Authorities say a pregnant woman critically injured in a crash involving a car and a city bus last weekend has died.
GREAT FALLS, Montana - On a night at the end of November 2011, Beth Morey, 31 weeks pregnant, realized the baby she was carrying had stopped kicking. Worried, she went to Community Medical Center in Missoula to have a doctor check the baby, and there she found out it had died.
ST. LOUIS - The hospital in the St. Louis area that delivers the most babies will soon offer an option for midwife-led births, part of a growing trend as more women seek natural childbirth.
TALLAHASSEE, Florida - As a newborn, Destany Atkins' parents couldn't wait to get her out of Tallahassee Memorial HealthCare's Neonatal Intensive Care Unit.
SPARTANBURG, South Carolina - A judge sentenced a South Carolina woman to 20 years in prison Friday for killing her 6-week-old daughter with what prosecutors say was an overdose of morphine delivered through her breast milk.
INDIANAPOLIS - Parents of miscarried fetuses in Indiana health care facilities soon will be able to choose what to do with the remains.
SAN DIEGO - The San Diego Zoo says an infant gorilla that was successfully treated for pneumonia after a cesarean section delivery is in her mother's arms for the first time.
ST. LOUIS - A Washington University research project that provides free birth control to the poor and uninsured is under scrutiny for its off-label use of a contraceptive insert.